PDA

View Full Version : Live Music DVDs

Impeccable
12-15-2013, 12:37 PM
The next best thing to watching music live is dvd's that bands release of their gigs.

I watched AC/DC's live at River Plate last night. Quite possibly the best gig I have watched on dvd. As much as the music and performance was amazing, the crowd made it. They were almost hypnotic as they moved as one, swelled, fell back, etc. Some of the emotion showed too - the Argentinians love AC/DC!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n_GFN3a0yj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyone got any favourites they are willing to share?

dronepool
12-15-2013, 02:11 PM
I got a bunch but yeah, Marilyn Manson live in LA from 2001

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Evit8KBPqv4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Evit8KBPqv4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Fignuts
12-22-2013, 05:05 AM
The only one I've ever owned was the Gorrilaz Demon Days Live DVD. Even then, I didn't actually watch it. I sat out on my deck while it played on the stereo.

Love me a good live album, but I'm just not into sitting there and watching a performance. Probably my ADD.

Rammsteinmad
12-22-2013, 12:29 PM
I have hundreds of band dvds from all kinds of genres. In particular, I love watching footage of bands on tour, backstage, in the studio, or just generally chilling. It's cool to see who they are when they're not "musicians".

My faves include Dream Theater's "Live at Budokan" and "Score", and Stuck Mojo's "Inside the Monster; the Evilution of Stuck Mojo".

The Mask
12-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Led zeppelin "DVD" is good. Also got plenty of mileage out of metallica's cunning stunts and nirvana live tonight sold out back in the day. And van halen live without a net, although I wish there was a good DLR era VH one out.

El Vaquero de Infierno
12-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, I haven't seen Metallica's Cunning Stunts in years. I binned all my old VHS tapes back in the Summer when I had a clear out of my room, which included getting rid of Cunning Stunts and S&M, along with Pantera's three live videos and a Satch tape.

The only live music dvds that I own are Dream Theater's Live at Budokan, Dixie Chicks' An Evening with the Dixie Chicks (fuck y'all, it is pretty good!), Alison Krauss and Union Station's Live, DMB's The Central Park Concert, and The Dresden Dolls' Paradise.

I have never been much into live music videos.

weather vane
12-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Motley Crue: COS

CSL
12-23-2013, 04:55 AM
anything Rammstein

Tony Trout
12-24-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm gonna ruin the thread by saying that I'm a huge Elvis Presley fan and I love watching the concert films and documentaries like the "'68 Comeback Special"; "Elvis: That's The Way It Is"; "Elvis: On Tour"; & "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii." I stop there because the last concert special, "Elvis In Concert" is too painful to watch - especially when you watch the outtakes of both shows along with the television special, itself.

El Vaquero de Infierno: I also have the DVD, "An Evening With The Dixie Chicks" and I will agree - it's very good. I love the song, "Travelin' Soldier" - it brings tears to my eyes every time. I like their other songs, too. I just wish that Natalie Maines would have kept her mouth SHUT about the then-U.S. President, George Bush (even though I'm a Democrat) because you just don't do crap like that when you're in the public eye! Elvis Presley NEVER made political statements because he was told to not do so by his manager - and I wish that Natalie would have learned to do the same.