PDA

View Full Version : The most Ridiculous Weapon you've seen used in a professional wrestling ring?

Mr. JL
05-16-2004, 02:41 PM
The most Ridiculous Weapon you've seen used in a professional wrestling ring?

I was just watching Combat Zone Wrestling and all I can say is WHAT THE ****!? Wow, the amount and types of weapons they use are completely absurd.

I just saw what looks like a Guitar with light bulbs attached to it. Like WTF?

Name some weapons that you've seen used that are completely ****ed up and should have no place in wrestling.

Disturbed316
05-16-2004, 03:15 PM
I've seen someone cut a guy open using Scissors, most likely to be in CZW :nono:

Nowhere Man
05-16-2004, 03:36 PM
I know Cactus Jack used a lot of weird weapons at one point or another, especially during his ECW run. (According to his book, anyway) he found himself using stuff like a Leonard Coen album, a two-man kayak, etc. He also used a squeegee once as a rib at Sid Vicious.

But if you mean ridiculous as in sickening and stupid, I'd have to say the fish tank with the bug-zapper in it from XPW, or the C-4 Explosives and mines from FMW.

mitch_h
05-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Weedwacker

Darkone
05-16-2004, 03:47 PM
The Weedwacker, lobsters, a stun gun, lightubes with thumbtacks stuck onto them.

laydownlow
05-16-2004, 03:51 PM
the most ridiculous would be thinking you could hurt someone with a cookie sheet from under the ring.

My personal favorite weapon is the cheese grater

Nowhere Man
05-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Weedwacker

OUCH.

That sounds almost as bad as that guy who got hung up by meat hooks.

Mr. JL
05-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh my God. All of those are just so ****ed up!

Mr. JL
05-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Has anyone ever used the kitchen sink?

El Santo
05-16-2004, 05:34 PM
I think LOD and Ahmed Johnson brought out the kitchen sink against the Nation of Domination at Wrestlemania.

The Mackem
05-16-2004, 05:36 PM
13 wasn't it?

Anyway the beverage

Blue Demon
05-16-2004, 05:41 PM
pOPCORN

Cactus Sid
05-16-2004, 06:12 PM
OUCH.

That sounds almost as bad as that guy who got hung up by meat hooks.

Guess what....it's the same company!!

PureHatred
05-16-2004, 06:51 PM
From Mike Awesome's shoot interview about what hardcore matches were like in Japan:

One time, he had a match in an Olympic-size swimming pool on a ring floated by pontoons. On two sides of the ring, there were barbed wire. On the other two sides, there was nothing but, however, there were mines floating around in the water.

I've seen guys in japanese maches use scythes, straight edge razor blades, nail guns, and even deliver moonsaults where the opponent is sandwiched between two large pieces of window glass.

yea sick

JT
05-16-2004, 07:25 PM
the most ridiculous would be thinking you could hurt someone with a cookie sheet from under the ring.

My personal favorite weapon is the cheese grater

1.) Cookie sheets hurt. As a former backyard wrestler, I can tell you that while it may seem week, they can be very thick and lighter version of a steal chair.

2.) As a wrestling fan and even a fan of hardcore matches, the worst weapon I've ever liked were staple guns and flaming chairs. I never liked cheese graters, scissors, or any type of explosives.

The Show Off
05-16-2004, 07:34 PM
My favorite was in ECW when I guy would take a beer from someone at ringside and smash there opponent in the head with it. Such a thing is no more powerful then a slap in the head, but it's always a cool visual seeing the beer go everywhere...

One weird one was in the indy show I saw in Oregon I thik it was OEW or something like that (I'm not sure I don't live in Oregon) I guy used a bumball machein with gumballs in it. It took the guy three hits and the thing still didn't break open. So on the forth swing the opponent swung a chair back and gumballs flew everywhere..

Savio
05-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Mankind used Cotton Candy. Shamrock beat up Mick with a leaf blower.

Face Heely
05-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Has anyone ever used the kitchen sink?

I definately remember Raven DDTing someone onto a kitchen sink back in WCW. I think it was DDP, but I'm not sure. I used to have a clip of that somewhere... :lol:

Hardkore Kidd J
05-16-2004, 07:55 PM
I remember one time John Cena tried to Hurt Eddie with a lawn mower. :rofl:

Kazara
05-16-2004, 08:29 PM
A Surfboard from Ryu Saito in Touryumon, and A SQUEGEE on Bret Hart by Sid.

But yeah, Mondo's Weedwacker shot is sick as hell.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-17-2004, 03:05 AM
A small dye cast figure of THe THing from the Fantastic 4

John la Rock
05-17-2004, 03:18 AM
In No Mercy for N64 you can beat up your opponent with roses. How stupid is that?

Kazara
05-17-2004, 03:48 AM
In No Mercy for N64 you can beat up your opponent with roses. How stupid is that?

Not stupid at all. Considering you could beat you opponent with a GIANT CHEESE.

Tornado
05-17-2004, 05:06 AM
<font color=#33ffff>I think I remember seeing New Jack use a Playstation as a weapon. in ECW.</font>

JJ Moore
05-17-2004, 05:59 AM
moppy :(

Vastardikai
05-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Some Runner ups...

"The Corporate Rhododendron (sp?)!" is up there.

Someone tried to get Mick to use one of those Air Conditioning filters (the blue flimsy thing. He just threw it aside like "What the ****?"

In ECW, Dreamer did hit Brian Lee (and them himself) over the head with an egg.

But the most Ridiculous Weapon I've seen used in a professional wrestling ring has to be: *drumroll*

A burrito.

It was during a skit where Chavo Jr. was going crazy in WCW. He set up an Eddie Trap with a Burrito under it. It was supposed to be like the Taco Bell Commercial with the Chihuahua and Godzilla. Eddie looks at the box, springs the trap, then hides. Chavo checks the trap, and says "I Guess I need a bigger box." Eddie pops up from the other side of the ring and beats him down. He then does the move that became the most infamous line in the entire Monday Night Wars:

"He just hit his nephew with a Burrito."

05-17-2004, 01:08 PM

Evidently the bookers for Wrestlemania 2 thought otherwise.

Anyway, my personal favourite shall forever remain THE SCROLL!!

Mind you, a lot of the stuff used in the Jarrett/Chyna match were pretty far out - a toilet seat, a pair of tongs, a banana...

WickedRage
05-18-2004, 12:34 AM
U guys wanna talk hard core? Try watching one of the past IWA-MS shows, some of the shows are sick including the all famous King of The Deathman with a tournament that lasts 2 days with each show lasting 6 hours to see who's the most hardcore. One of the matches included a small swimming pool filled with barbed wire and rubbing alcohol, now if you don't think that's painful oh man, that's gotta burn! It's too bad this year is the last year for King of The Death Match.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2004, 01:21 AM
U guys wanna talk hard core? Try watching one of the past IWA-MS shows, some of the shows are sick including the all famous King of The Deathman with a tournament that lasts 2 days with each show lasting 6 hours to see who's the most hardcore. One of the matches included a small swimming pool filled with barbed wire and rubbing alcohol, now if you don't think that's painful oh man, that's gotta burn! It's too bad this year is the last year for King of The Death Match.

Yeah, tis a shame that it's stopping... Now where will they go to mutilate and potentially kill themselves? :roll:

Kazara
05-18-2004, 01:31 AM
IWA-MS is an EXCELLENT Wrestling federation.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2004, 01:42 AM
IWA-MS is an EXCELLENT Wrestling federation.

That might be true, but their gimmick death matches sound fu</>cking retarded.

Kazara
05-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Yeah, that's true.

Kazara
05-18-2004, 02:13 AM
Yeah, that's true.

laydownlow
05-18-2004, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE=JT Kool]1.) Cookie sheets hurt. As a former backyard wrestler, I can tell you that while it may seem week, they can be very thick and lighter version of a steal chair. [QUOTE]

As a former indy wrestler and a 5'6" female i call you a pussy. I've taken a few shot to the head and it stings yes, hurts no. Maybe my heads harder than yours, but it definatly doesn't hurt.

Bad Company
05-18-2004, 02:29 AM
[QUOTE=JT Kool]1.) Cookie sheets hurt. As a former backyard wrestler, I can tell you that while it may seem week, they can be very thick and lighter version of a steal chair. [QUOTE]

As a former indy wrestler and a 5'6" female i call you a pussy. I've taken a few shot to the head and it stings yes, hurts no. Maybe my heads harder than yours, but it definatly doesn't hurt.
hahahahaha

Evolution
05-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Mankinds garbage bag full of popcorn on Owen Hart.

The Kitchen Sink was used by Raven against Rhyno at Backlash 2001.

And the roses, Chyna used to hide a lead pipe in them while dating Eddie Guerrero, so I guess thats why they're a weapon on No Mercy.

darkpower
05-18-2004, 08:57 AM
There was this one Hardcore match on RAW during 98 that I remember them using a watermelon or something like it. I forgot what it was.

Oh, and whatever Crash Holly used during his "24/7" days (God rest his soul).

tucsonspeed6
05-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Raven used little plastic dinosaurs on somebody once...

Nowhere Man
05-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Speaking of Raven, Jericho used crumpets and a picture of the Queen of England during one of their hardcore matches (which had spilled over into William Regal's office)

The Icon of Elisim
05-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Bart Gunn using a bunch of fruit

Evil Vito
05-18-2004, 07:00 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Al Snow rolled a bowling ball into Raven's crotch at the 2001 Royal Rumble</font>

Nowhere Man
05-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the 7-10 split. He did that a lot, as I recall.

FourFifty
05-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Okay, I'm gonna break this down to two thingies. "Stupid yet funny" and "Just Stupid"

Stupid But Funny- Salsa, used in Mankind VS The Rock in their empty arena match.
"That's mild sause, baby!"

Just Stupid- In some footage on the back yard wrestling game (that game sucks) people made a table out of light tubes... Just plain stupid. Yeah, there are things more hardcore out there for just plain stupid, but I can only go by what I've seen.

Aussie Skier
05-18-2004, 11:57 PM
shopping cart is cool.

I remember when rhyno went to gore raven (i think) and raven moved and rhyno went straight into the shopping trolley.
That was awesome!