PDA

View Full Version : Who was the last heel that you truly hated?

Bad News Gertner
01-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Not in a mythical "X Pac heat" sorta way, but someone you hated?

Honestly, weird answer for me, but I hated Justin Credible in ECW. Loved Dreamer and I hated Credible with a passion. Sad that it's been that long, but being an internet wrestling fan will do that.

el bobbo
01-24-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm taking this topic seriously. I am actually drunk right now, but I might say that the last time I took a heel credibly was with Randy Orton before that ill-fated match at WrestleMania.

Tom Guycott
01-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Piper. A testament to how legendary he is. It went beyond the requisite "cheer the faces, boo the heels" that is all part of the fun. When Piper came on screen, I literally felt like "FUCK THIS GUY!" But I wouldn't have said "fuck", because I was like 6. But I hated him. He worked his craft masterfully.

Also, X-Pac heat isn't mythical. Just became overused by a majority of people who didn't even really get what it meant.

Emperor Smeat
01-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Guess Triple H during his "Reign of Terror" and Jeff Jarrett during his own "Reign of Horror" in TNA.

Tried thinking back and started to realize I've despised or hated a lot more faces than heels over the years.

Lock Jaw
01-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Probably JBL. Hated him so much when he came outta nowhere to take the title off of Eddie. He won me over in a few months though, so I'm not sure if he should count.

GD
01-25-2014, 12:24 AM
I disliked Triple H during his multiple runs with the World's Heavyweight Championship (2002-2005). I did not enjoy JBL's lengthy WWE Championship reign. I was very upset when he retained the belt after defeating Eddie Guerrero in a steel cage match on Smackdown. I was thoroughly annoyed during the heel phase of Randy Orton where he took up an entire segment to get to the ring. I also disliked him for keeping Cena's spinner strap.

Razzamajazz
01-25-2014, 01:28 AM
rapper cena circa 2002-whenever i stopped watching, and vickie guerrero when she became prominent actually made me turn the channel. looking back on the cena stuff makes me wish i'd actually watched it now. it was pretty entertaining

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2014, 02:13 AM
I remember disliking Triple H but I think a big part of it was X-Pac heat because his reign on top was a horrible fucking period. I think that hate kinda bled into his character.

The last heel I can remember hating strictly character-wise off the top of my head was Bret Hart.

Shadrick
01-25-2014, 02:49 AM
The last one was Orton in 09 during Legacy. God, that guy was a bastard.

I hated Triple H circa sledgehammer to Rocks casket.

Bobo
01-25-2014, 03:26 AM
JBL was definitely one I hated with a passion, Triple H's current persona, the McMahons in general. Never really took to Scott Hall.

whiteyford
01-25-2014, 03:34 AM
NAO when they kept stealing wins over the LOD & Cactus/Chainsaw, fucking detested them.

Kingofdaswing
01-25-2014, 11:45 AM
The Patriot. When he feuded with Bret Hart. Pretty sure all of Canada wanted to kill that guy.

Brigstocke
01-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Steven Richards during the whole RTC escapade...looking back now I love it but 'Younger Stocke' wanted that cunt dead.

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 01:23 PM
I think the last REAL hatred was Randy Savage when he smashed his scepter over the Warrior's head, costing him the title against Sgt. Slaughter. Also, Sgt' Slaughter. Also, Papa Shango when he made the Warrior puke. Also, The Undertaker when he locked the Warrior in a casket. Also, Jake Roberts when he told the Warrior to "trust" him.

Basically, I was a huge Warrior mark.

scatterbrain28
01-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Triple H. The man back in the day was evil incarnate. Married a drugged Stephanie (and manipulated her imo). Paralyzed HBK with a sledgehammer. This guy had a serious edge to him and in early 2000, asshole chants whenever he came out.

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 07:21 PM
I miss the "ASSHOLE" chant. You don't really hear that one anymore.

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2014, 07:41 PM
You don't hear much from most crowds anymore most of the time.

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Shisen Kopf
01-25-2014, 09:18 PM
I didn't like Goldust when he first came out (hahaha) and he was in love with Scott Hall's WWF character.

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Well there's one.

Also "so" when they say "U".

Mostly just watching the show like they're at a funeral though.

Shisen Kopf
01-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Night after rasslemania will be a hot crowd though.

Zeeboe
01-25-2014, 10:01 PM
That terrorist guy from 2005. I forgot his name, and I refuse to google it because that's how much I hated that gimmick. Every time I heard his theme music, I sighed and would get pissed. That gimmick was in horrible taste and offensive to victims of terrorism and those decent people who sympathize with them. I am glad Vince tossed that gimmick in the trash.

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 11:10 PM
Muhammad Hassan

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2014, 11:12 PM
lol Zeeboe thinks Muhammad Hassan was a terrorist. Fucking racist.

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Zeeboe missed the point of Muhammad Hassan completely. That character was too deep for wrestling. He probably would have been considered less offensive if he were an actual terrorist.

Triple H and JBL have been mentioned, but I'm not sure if I disliked their characters or just because they fucking bored the shit out of me during that period. Eddie Guerrero did such a great job as a heel in his program with Rey Mysterio just before his death that I marveled, but at the same time I just couldn't stand the guy. He wasn't a "cool heel," he was a detestable broken piece of crap heel. Whereas Chris Jericho was always a little fun to root for when he went "darker" and dropped the Y2J shtick in 2008.

I find Zeb Colter absolutely hilarious and I love him, but the stuff he does as a heel is fucking ballsy shit.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-26-2014, 12:36 AM
The Great Khali when he was a heel because he sucked donkey dick. Heidenrecih for the same reasons (except when he poem'ed Cole lol)

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-26-2014, 12:43 AM
That terrorist guy from 2005. I forgot his name, and I refuse to google it because that's how much I hated that gimmick. Every time I heard his theme music, I sighed and would get pissed. That gimmick was in horrible taste and offensive to victims of terrorism and those decent people who sympathize with them. I am glad Vince tossed that gimmick in the trash.

For being a history buff how did you get the gimmick completely wrong?

Muhammed Hassan was an Arab-American sick of American hate mongering racism post 9/11 in grouping all Arabs as terrorists. You have just done so again proving him correct.

Greatest gimmick of all time that proved morons like you (and most wrestling fans) were racist garbage.

Zeeboe
01-26-2014, 01:34 AM
It's been almost ten years, but I recall on an episode of Smackdown, the terrorist guy and his buddy, and some other masked terrorists dudes were doing something to the Undertaker I think, and as a result, people got pissed, saying it was too terrorist like....I wanna say something happened in England too that week beforehand that was terrorist-related, which resulted in a few deaths, and that didn't help matters for that gimmick, but anyhow, the Smackdown skit that week was the act that finally got the gimmick the boot since so many people complained. (Rightfully so too.)

dronepool
01-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Sounds like the best gimmick ever.

Zeeboe
01-26-2014, 01:40 AM
I get the character, but there were too many implications there that just rubbed me and the majority of the fans the wrong way.

To each their own, but I personally never understood why most guys on the web, then and now, liked that guy so much anyhow. He wasn't a great wrestler in my view. His wrestling skills were average at best, but he clearly had great mic skills.

I remember JR and the King did a hell of a good job selling the gimmick, and those terrorist guys made for great foes for HBK and Hulk Hogan that summer, but the act overall not only offended a lot of Americans, but it offended a lot people in England as well, and no doubt plenty of fans all across the Middle East. There are subject matters that shouldn't be presented on WWE TV in my humble opinion.

dronepool
01-26-2014, 01:44 AM
The middle east gets pissed over anything, who cares? The minute we let "offended" people draw lines in the sand is the day we "ban everything".

But WWE is a company, so I get that. Just saying in general.

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2014, 01:45 AM
It's been almost ten years, but I recall on an episode of Smackdown, the terrorist guy and his buddy, and some other masked terrorists dudes were doing something to the Undertaker I think...

:nono:

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2014, 01:47 AM
Zeeboe's blatant racism offends me.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-26-2014, 01:48 AM
As opposed to everybody else's blatant racism?

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-26-2014, 01:50 AM
Watch a stream of royal rumble ppvs. It's on 2003 right now.

http://www.ilive.to/view/55830/WWE_Royal_Rumble_Marathon_1988-2014-live-stream-channel

Lock Jaw
01-26-2014, 01:50 AM
lines in the sand

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/nXMOvMba2bM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/nXMOvMba2bM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Krimzon7
01-26-2014, 04:51 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/nXMOvMba2bM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/nXMOvMba2bM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I wish we would have gotten a shot of Orton pushing a womans head towards his lap.

RiX1024
01-26-2014, 07:03 AM
I used to hate Justin Credible and Rhino when I first watched ECW. Triple H in most of his heel runs.