PDA

View Full Version : Allstar SuperSlam Wrestling

Brigstocke
02-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Decided to 'Up my game' and go watch an indy show in the UK.

Apparently, Regal, Barrett, Sheamus, McIntyre and Finlay amongst others all wrestled in this promotion before moving 'across the pond'

Anyone wanna enlighten me on the current stars? who should I look out for?

Anyone seen the promotion before? I know theres a few UK workers on the forums, have you been involved at all?

It's on the 15th, Will try get pics/video if permitted and post here for your consumption.

CSL
02-03-2014, 07:12 PM
it's All Star, basically the most consistent/constantly touring company in the country, been around forever. They've had Daniel Bryan Danielson, Rene Dupree etc for long stretches when they've been in the country, Mason Ryan basically got signed because of working there consistently (and his look obvs). Think Magnus worked for them as well. Pretty much the only place over here you can scratch a living out of wrestling, hung around a few of the shows when they were local when I first started training to help set up/"mingle" etc. Probably the best guys to get in with for any upcoming wrestler based off of the fact that they've been around so long/been run by the same guy/family and they run a lot of shows and that's the fastest way to improve.

Very "family orientated"/kid friendly stuff, you aren't gonna find a bunch of dumb indy shit. Think of somewhere between World of Sport and WWE/the American TV style in terms of in-ring product, the psychology will be pretty basic and easy to follow, the babyface will chant easy, the villain will tell the crowd to shut up etc. They have "a core" of guys that work most of the shows and then sometimes bring in some of the better "names" from around the country to fill the shows out. You'll probably find Frankie Sloan, Karl Kramer, Dean Allmark, James Mason etc, they'll get everybody involved/do a good job. If you get lucky, you might find guys like El Ligero, Dave Mastiff, Zebra Kid (of kicking the piss out of Davey Richards/being Paige/Britini Knight's oldest brother fame. The younger one works for them also sometimes I think) etc that they use now and again, legit quality guys right there. You'll have fun, especially if you're taking kids. Might even come across PN News from like early 90's WCW, who has to be the most random guy working shows over here.

CSL
02-03-2014, 07:20 PM
and yeah, all the guys you mentioned in the first post worked there. In fact, I believe Regal mentions them/Brian Dixon (the All Star Vince McMahon if you will) more than once in his book, Finley has spoken of them in shoots etc

Brigstocke
02-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Sounds like 16 quid well spent to me.. Happy Days

My Nuts
02-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Dave Mastiff

i got a stiff mast for you right here kid