PDA

View Full Version : UK fans - new Sky TV deal

theexample
02-09-2014, 03:00 PM
We've always had a number of free PPVs (usually the less important ones) but the new Sky deal means that all 12 will now by on Sky Box Office, we'll get nowt for free. Is this a good business idea with the Network around the corner? Are you more likely to subscribe to the Network now?

whiteyford
02-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Yeah not sure how that'll affect the network here, really can't see us getting the same deal as the US but they can fuck right off with 12 ppvs a year.

XL
02-09-2014, 05:25 PM
As things stand I'll continue to stream everything. No way do they put the PPVs on the Network if they're on Box Office. Dunno what they'd be able to do to sweeten the deal for subscribers.

theexample
02-09-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure how it will be work with PPVs on the network. I believe the US will still be able to order PPVs through their current services despite the network so perhaps we'll get them.

XL
02-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Can't see Sky being happy with that.

Option 1) Pay £14.99 to watch the show LIVE! at 1am.
Option 2) Pay £9.99 to watch the PPV at a more convenient time the next day + get a bunch of original and archive footage to boot.

James Steele
02-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Sky will just have to deal with it like US tv companies are going to have to deal with it. It would be retarded for WWE not to offer the same services internationally they are offering US customers of WWE Network. If you're Sky, WWE is too big of a brand to simply dump. I'm sure some company would pay for WWE rights in the UK just as somebody will pay for it here in the US despite DirecTV and others whining. Will Vince necessarily get his asking price, no, but he won't have to worry about not having a TV show.

Bobo
02-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Has there been any indication of the proposed international launch for wwe network? Without the inclusion of Ppvs akin to the us version, wwe network in uk would be set to fail as I can't see fans paying for archive footage unless it was a serious knockdown price and most of which can be found free online.

bigmac
02-10-2014, 06:02 AM
I really hope the WWE network in the UK is supported by a Netflix style iPad app as this is really the only way I would watch regularly.

whiteyford
02-10-2014, 06:09 AM
My speed isn't good enough for it yet anyways, I'd happily bump Sky when it is though.

Impeccable
02-10-2014, 06:49 AM
The cost we have to pay just to get Sky Sports for the "free" PPV's is ridiculous anyway. I'll probably stream them until the network. I was going to get Network anyway, but now I'll probably up what I am prepared to pay for Network on a monthly basis and dump sky sports altogether.