PDA

View Full Version : exactly who's dream is this?

NormanSmiley
02-14-2014, 02:16 AM
By Ryan Clark (http://www.tpww.net/author/ryan-clark/) on Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 at 9:59 PM ET
WWE.com has posted an article listing what they call a “dream card” for WrestleMania 30 as follows:
* Intercontinental Championship: Big E (c) vs. Roman Reigns
* United States Championship: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts
* Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Bray Wyatt vs. Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins vs. Mark Henry vs. Big Show vs. The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. Damien Sandow
* Divas Championship: AJ Lee (c) vs. Stephanie McMahon
* Beasts Unleashed: Brock Lesnar vs. Batista
* Ultimate Showdown: The Undertaker vs. John Cena
* Battle Royal: Featuring Attitude Era Superstars
* WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H

granted it comes from numbnuts so of course take it with a grain of salt, but if the website actually posted this dog shit who exactly that works there thinks this a dream card? some writer for the site? fan vote? the collective office?

the sheer fucking audacity of putting bray in a meaningless match should embarrass them enough

el bobbo
02-14-2014, 08:07 AM
I don't hate this card. Anything that keeps Batista out of the title match makes me happy.

Rammsteinmad
02-14-2014, 08:14 AM
Oh look! Triple H in the main event championship match. I'm sure that's not a coincidence.

Droford
02-14-2014, 08:21 AM
The only curiosity is the MITB match since I thought that was done for at WM. Maybe they realized with no need to worry about PPVs and with only one belt now that focusing an entire PPV on that match is dumb and being able to stick 8 guys in a ladder match for a title shot is just the spectacle type match that WM was made for...

Outside of the Diva match (I don't see Steph wrestling again, although the possibility of her and HHH walking out of the Superdome as champions is both amusing and depressing since I could see it happening) I fail to see how anyone could complain about that card...Throw the Tag Title Match on the pre show (Outlaws vs Usos vs Rhodes Bros vs Rybaxel) or replace the Gimmick Battle Royal 2 with it..

Maluco
02-14-2014, 09:44 AM
I actually kind of like it. Roman Reigns gets a match at Mania than can make him look terrifying going forward. Jake gets his reward for all he has accomplished in the last year, wouldn't be much of a match, but am sure Ambrose' reactions to the snake and the like would be a funny Mania moment.

Steph McMahon is prob still the biggest female star in wrestling, so that is what it is. Brock and Batista would prob be a bit of a spectacle and Undertaker and John Cena is THE match the Undertaker still needs to do. It would be very intriguing.

Finally, the other two matches actually add some sort of pattern to recent storylines, with two obvious feuds breaking off from them. HHH and Orton implode after failing to stop Bryan taking the title, and we get a whole summer of the Wyatt's stalking Bryan with the briefcase, leading to what could be an amazing build for a final Summerslam showdown.

Realised writing that that I like the results of the card more than the actual card, where things could go, but the card is much better than what could potentially be served up. (eg Sheamus/Bryan, Batista/Orton etc...)

Rammsteinmad
02-14-2014, 09:49 AM
The only curiosity is the MITB match since I thought that was done for at WM. Maybe they realized with no need to worry about PPVs and with only one belt now that focusing an entire PPV on that match is dumb and being able to stick 8 guys in a ladder match for a title shot is just the spectacle type match that WM was made for...

I was thinking the same. It's also a much better way at getting more people on the card and giving them meaningful spots, as opposed to some clusterfuck 10-man tag team where everyone just comes in and hits their finisher and then the match is over.

Phillip Brooks
02-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Please for the love of god, I hope Cena vs Taker doesn't happen.

NormanSmiley
02-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I would think if the companys website put out a dream card it would be more along the lines of matches that can't happen. Ala Andre vs. big show or legacy vs. cowboy bob,ted sr & Dusty type stuff.

not matches where Batista who is guaranteed his spot is left on mid card, or where Bray Wyatt is left in a clusterfuck of a ladder match, or where HHH is the boss competing for the title

Shadrick
02-14-2014, 02:45 PM
...or the fact that Jake The Snake is on the card.

Droford
02-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Weren't there people wanting to see Jake wrestle Ambrose when he showed up on Old School raw and dumped the snake on him..?

Theo Dious
02-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Yeah, Jake vs Ambrose on that card is the only match I would cream my jeans over. Big E vs Reigns would be decent but I expect we'll probably get that multiple times in the near future.

Boondock Saint
02-14-2014, 05:43 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/30/8-dream-wrestlemania-30-matches

KIRA
02-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Taker vs Cena? How is that a dream match?

Damian Rey
02-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Because we haven't seen the two in a meaningful match since Cena's thuganomics heel days, when Taker was still being an American Bad Ass. So much has changed with both men's careers that a match at Mania would be amazing, just for the atmosphere.

voncouch
02-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Steph McMahon is prob still the biggest female star in wrestling

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg