03-01-2014, 08:49 PM
He's the best in my 33 year old eyes
wanna fight about it?

Razzamajazz
03-01-2014, 08:53 PM
been drinking tonight?

Theo Dious
03-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Great certainly. Excellent skills. Unbelievable strength. Seems to have a superb worth ethic. Now it's time for WWE to give me a reason to care about him beyond how many times he can swing someone around.

el bobbo
03-01-2014, 09:17 PM
He's a great strongman/toughman. He's awesome in the ring and has a great moveset. He must be a really smart dude too because all of the languages he speaks, and speaks fluidly. I'm looking forward to seeing where this Real Americans break up angle goes. I think the combo of him and Zeb Colter is making me actually interested in Jack Swagger. Can't wait to see what he does after this.

A+ for Cesaro.

Razzamajazz
03-01-2014, 09:19 PM
i could see him getting a few ppv main events in the near future

el bobbo
03-01-2014, 09:24 PM
i could see him getting a few ppv main events in the near future

Later on this year or further down the road?

NormanSmiley
03-01-2014, 09:30 PM
He still needs hair plugs to be a main eventer

Optimus Bone 69
03-01-2014, 09:35 PM
never been impressed or thought holy moly by the feats of strength in the wrestling from Patera to the old Smackdown Mark Henry ones but i cant help but say to old mrs Prime 69
thats fucking wrestling to me and thats the biggest compliment i can give the guy
love him not so erect on the rest
i thank the

el bobbo
03-01-2014, 09:39 PM

Hahaha. His male pattern baldness hit early. He's only like 33.

Optimus Bone 69
03-01-2014, 09:42 PM
ha is that a reference to my last drunken post about my money well spent hair transplant

el bobbo
03-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Ha. Nope. I think he's actually 33.

Optimus Bone 69
03-01-2014, 10:10 PM
hmm i still look older than i should

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2014, 10:28 PM
I think Fandango is the best. Let's fight.

Optimus Bone 69
03-01-2014, 10:38 PM
its on bitch i mean it

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2014, 10:43 PM
NM. Dance-off instead.

Optimus Bone 69
03-01-2014, 11:10 PM
too drunk to break it down

Mr. Nerfect
03-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Love Cesaro more and more every day. I care about him when I don't care about anything else. I can't wait to see where this Real Americans split goes. I'd love to see Cesaro vs. Swagger at WrestleMania XXX.

I'd love to see Sami Zayn and Cesaro form a babyface tag team in NXT too, by the way. The Ascension needs credible challengers -- why not have Cesaro & Zayn form a team to take them on?

Optimus Bone 69
03-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Love Cesaro more and more every day. I care about him when I don't care about anything else. I can't wait to see where this Real Americans split goes. I'd love to see Cesaro vs. Swagger at WrestleMania XXX.

I'd love to see Sami Zayn and Cesaro form a babyface tag team in NXT too, by the way. The Ascension needs credible challengers -- why not have Cesaro & Zayn form a team to take them on?

aye he,s good

Bad News Gertner
03-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Still needs to develop his mic skills a bit, but he's a joy to watch. Top three worker in the WWE with Bryan and Sheamus.

Skippord
03-01-2014, 11:47 PM
He's better than Batista, that's for sure

Cesaro for WM Main Event

Mr. Nerfect
03-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Sheamus vs. Cesaro is actually a match that has a dynamic the WWE could really build to if they keep those bulls separate for a while.

Bad News Gertner
03-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Sheamus is just tremendous. I can't remember the last bad match he's had. Works great with the big guys and the small guys.

Mr. Nerfect
03-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Batista vs. Cesaro would also be fucking sick. So would Lesnar vs. Cesaro, but that's a long way from happening.

Bad News Gertner
03-01-2014, 11:54 PM
He's better than Batista, that's for sure

Cesaro for WM Main Event

Heel Batista is the greatest thing ever. Bootista vs Ryback should be your main event.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Sheamus is just tremendous. I can't remember the last bad match he's had. Works great with the big guys and the small guys.

Sheamus is great in the ring. His character reeks of standard-issue WWE babyface, and I feel that holds him back from being a real stand-out act in WWE. Like, he's obviously promoted as a major deal and such, but he just seems like he's below Cena, Batista, Orton, Punk, etc. in that pecking order of main event priority. He's clearly good enough to be up there, but he's just lacking that extra oomph right now.

Simplistic and unimaginative solution, but why not make Sheamus the "Paul Heyman Fella?" A heel turn would just get us thuggish brute Sheamus back. A Heyman-aligned Sheamus gives us a badass who wants the glory that selling out to Heyman can provide. The hype Heyman could give Sheamus:

"Only BROOOCCCKKKKKK LESSSSSNNNNNAAAARRRRRR! has had a quicker rise to WWE Championship glory in this company's illustrious history..."

"This is the man who ended Triple H's full-time wrestling career..."

"This Warrior is perfect to inherit the throne of The Beast Incarnate and dominate the WWE as its World Heavyweight Champion..."

"Sheamus won the World Heavyweight Championship from your hero in 18 seconds at WrestleMania. In a mere 18 seconds, Sheamus achieved more than most of the men and women in that very lockerroom could every hope to achieve even with their hardest work. In 18 seconds, Sheamus achieved more than any of you ever will in your miserable lives. In 18 seconds, Sheamus reduced a man who is known as "the greatest wrestler in the world" into a lifeless heap."

"When you think of Ireland, you think of four-leaf clovers. But Sheamus has never needed luck. What Sheamus has relied on his entire life isn't even a passion for the fight as he previously thought. What Sheamus relies on his natural superiority. If Sheamus were not in the WWE doing what he naturally does better than anyone else, it would be like prevening Michaelangelo from painting, or Mozart from making music..."

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:04 AM
That would all lead to Sheamus vs. Brock Lesnar, of course, where Paul Heyman has to decide which of his impact players he wants to get behind.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:07 AM
See I like Sheamus's character. There was a point on Smackdown where Christian started throwing a bunch of punches at Sheamus and then Sheamus got this big smile and it looked like "so you want to make this a brawl do ya" and started teeing off on Christian. It was a nice touch.

Sheamus and Del Rio get knocked far too much. They are both wonderful in the ring. Del Rio is just so smooth. Love that step up corner kick he does. Very effortless.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Sheamus is a fantastic babyface worker. He just needs something. Very vanilla to me.

Damian Rey
03-02-2014, 12:11 AM
They should just let Sheamus be Sheamus and have him just kick all kinds of ass and build his gimmick around that. Wasn't that how his face turn started against Mark Henry? Just a tough SOB that wanted a fight?

In ring, he's a great hand. Like Gertie said, hard to find a bad match from him. He's excellent. His character is sort of goofy though. Almost like an Irish John Cena. Give him Finley's old gimmick, but have him beat up heels.

As for Cesaro, I want to see more mic work from him. Having Zeb talk for him will only work for so long. I also don't see the need to break up the Real Americans, either. Makes no sense at the moment.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:12 AM
Del Rio is fucking amazing. He became one of my favorite heels very quickly into his main roster run, because he was just so confident in himself. That's been an understated quality of his character for a long time actually, and one I wish the announcers would emphasize more.

On RAW Batista heads to the ring and Del Rio is in there like "Yeah, let's do this. I can beat you." It's great to have a heel that actually believes that he is good enough to be the World Heavyweight Champion. He was getting stale before he turned face, but his face run was pretty poorly executed too (except for his program with Big Show). He just needs to capture that lightning again (outside of the ring, I mean), so that he can have that real connection with audiences.

Damian Rey
03-02-2014, 12:13 AM
See I like Sheamus's character. There was a point on Smackdown where Christian started throwing a bunch of punches at Sheamus and then Sheamus got this big smile and it looked like "so you want to make this a brawl do ya" and started teeing off on Christian. It was a nice touch.

Sheamus and Del Rio get knocked far too much. They are both wonderful in the ring. Del Rio is just so smooth. Love that step up corner kick he does. Very effortless.

I love Del Rio in the ring. Hard to think of his last bad match as well. Sucks he's going pretty much nowhere. Doesn't help he's mediocre at best with a microphone.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Would absolutely jizz my pants for Del Rio vs. Chris Jericho.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Unfortunately with his accent there's really only so many ways you can go with Del Rio. He's just not a face, but at the same time he's limited in ways he can be repackaged.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Imagine if Del Rio started protesting that he wants in the WWE World Title match at WrestleMania because he beat Batista. The Authority doesn't like Del Rio's attitude, but he doesn't really give a damn because he's Alberto Del Rio and the biggest star on the planet. Del Rio says he is "The Best in the World" on RAW in Chicago (that would be mad heat). Jericho then takes offence to what Del Rio said. He wants to face Del Rio at WrestleMania and Del Rio asks Jericho how he is going to hold a microphone and run his pathetic mouth if he breaks both of Jericho's arms.

Damian Rey
03-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Feel like Del Rio would be handicapped because nothing he ever says sounds natural or fluid in his promos. Everything sounds forced or like he's rattling off rehearsed lines. Jericho would look far superior. Match wise, though? Yes, please.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:18 AM
They should just let Sheamus be Sheamus and have him just kick all kinds of ass and build his gimmick around that. Wasn't that how his face turn started against Mark Henry? Just a tough SOB that wanted a fight?

In ring, he's a great hand. Like Gertie said, hard to find a bad match from him. He's excellent. His character is sort of goofy though. Almost like an Irish John Cena. Give him Finley's old gimmick, but have him beat up heels.

As for Cesaro, I want to see more mic work from him. Having Zeb talk for him will only work for so long. I also don't see the need to break up the Real Americans, either. Makes no sense at the moment.

See, this is the same issue that Ziggler had with Vickie and Reigns has in the Shield. Ambrose is more of the mouth piece and Vickie spoke for Ziggler. He needs to break away from Zeb and develop his own mic skills or otherwise it becomes a crutch.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Sheamus is a fantastic babyface worker. He just needs something. Very vanilla to me.

He does a lot of little things with his facial expressions and ring work that make him likeable to me. He'll never be the top guy, but I see him in a DDP role where he can be a transitonal champion and the company wouldn't lose steam, but not as a long term champ. I really enjoy Sheamus.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:20 AM
He was great in the ring as a face. I think the way to go is credibility, credibility, credibility. When a heel says something Del Rio doesn't like, he steps to them and they bail -- because he's fucking Del Rio. I think his character should have been less artifically humble when he turned face last year.

I made a thread that didn't get too much attention about how Del Rio's aesthetic needs to entirely change as a face. His ring attire and his theme music go into that. Yes, he switched from gold to Mexican colors, but imagine if, for example, Titus O'Neil turned face tomorrow. He'd need more than just wearing red, white and blue trunks to connect. Del Rio's theme music got remixed, but that would have been the perfect time to actually give him something that really stood out. Some sort of Spanish rock anthem. Instead of wearing a pretentious "A" on his trunks, switch to a symbol or a logo. Put him in shorts, since he does have that MMA background.

He'd obviously play up being rich a lot less, and he'd be more humble, nod at people out of respect and that sort of thing. I don't think it would have been too hard.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:21 AM
He does a lot of little things with his facial expressions and ring work that make him likeable to me. He'll never be the top guy, but I see him in a DDP role where he can be a transitonal champion and the company wouldn't lose steam, but not as a long term champ. I really enjoy Sheamus.

Good assessment.

Skippord
03-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Heel Batista is the greatest thing ever. Bootista vs Ryback should be your main event.
Heel Batista and regular Batista suck equally as much as Ryback

which is infinity

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Feel like Del Rio would be handicapped because nothing he ever says sounds natural or fluid in his promos. Everything sounds forced or like he's rattling off rehearsed lines. Jericho would look far superior. Match wise, though? Yes, please.

It's just his accent. It's very hard to get a foreign guy over in the U.S. Eddie did it, but he had loads of charisma. Rey did it but he's one of those once in a lifetime wrestlers.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:23 AM
With the mention of Vickie, I have to say that I really enjoy her interactions with Del Rio on SmackDown. They actually have one of the more nuanced relationships in WWE. Vickie generally seems to be a face character now (although still hated) who makes fair decisions and only seems to be a heel when she's intimidated by being in the presence of Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. She gives it to Zeb Colter and she gives it to Alberto Del Rio continuously.

I really do think that Del Rio has got at least one World Title reign left in his character, even with only one title up for grabs.

Damian Rey
03-02-2014, 12:25 AM
Neither Rey nor Eddie were foreign, you racist, lol. They're both American made. One in San Diego, one in Texas. Eddie's accent wasn't anything near what Del Rio is working with.

His English is great. It's just his delivery. I don't buy into it. I'm sure he could be better. Guy has all the tools to be the somebody they clearly wanted him to be.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:27 AM
That one title really mucks things up because you have a host of guys on the same level and none really stand out. I think Del Rio's days as World Champ are over. I honestly don't see him still in the company by the end of 2014. He's one of those guys who will get lost in the shuffle.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Vickie Guerrero and Del Rio could hook up on-screen. That would be so simplistic, but it could really work. Vickie could "punish" Del Rio by putting him against the World Champion (let's say Daniel Bryan by this point) on SmackDown even though he's injured or something. Del Rio says that he wanted the night off, but Vickie says he's going to compete. Del Rio says that she should at least make it for the title, and Vickie says she's fine with that. Del Rio hobbles off.

Anyway, it turns out Del Rio was faking and Vickie was in on it and they screw the face champion out of his title and Del Rio kisses Vickie at the top of the ramp.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2014, 12:28 AM
That one title really mucks things up because you have a host of guys on the same level and none really stand out. I think Del Rio's days as World Champ are over. I honestly don't see him still in the company by the end of 2014. He's one of those guys who will get lost in the shuffle.

I think you could be right, but I'm also prepared to be surprised. Del Rio is the fucking goods. If he is plugged into the right spot, it could work.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Neither Rey nor Eddie were foreign, you racist, lol. They're both American made. One in San Diego, one in Texas. Eddie's accent wasn't anything near what Del Rio is working with.

His English is great. It's just his delivery. I don't buy into it. I'm sure he could be better. Guy has all the tools to be the somebody they clearly wanted him to be.

Zeb is trying to send Rey home to Mexico and I for one take Zeb at his word when he says Rey snuck across the border.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:34 AM
I think you could be right, but I'm also prepared to be surprised. Del Rio is the fucking goods. If he is plugged into the right spot, it could work.

You have Bryan, Cena, Batista, Orton, Reigns/Cesaro coming up, Sheamus is in the picture, God knows with CM Punk. That's a lot of wrestlers who I think are/will be ahead of Del Rio in the pecking order.

Damian Rey
03-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Lol. I remember Rey's first DVD, he was touring the area in Mexico he started in, and basically buried the neighborhood/country by saying something along the lines of it not being safe.

And yes, the lone title has pretty much screwed up the entire upper mid card. Del Rio is clearly still somewhat of a big deal. Winning the US/IC title is a clear step down for him, and guys like him. The big gold belt was huge for those guys in giving them a chance to be the man while not really being the man. Sheamus falls into that category as well. The main event is really stuffed. No room for anyone to break through with the current roster depth.

Lock Jaw
03-02-2014, 12:46 AM
You have Bryan, Cena, Batista, Orton, Reigns/Cesaro coming up, Sheamus is in the picture, God knows with CM Punk. That's a lot of wrestlers who I think are/will be ahead of Del Rio in the pecking order.

I'd like to see Ziggler back up in the mix somehow too... would be good if they could get him back up to that level again. That concussion pretty much killed him.... followed by a pretty "eh" face turn. Just seems to me that he could be up there with the "new generation" of the "main event".

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:49 AM
I just don't see it with Ziggler. He seems to be missing that "it" factor. I think he's great and all. The two title I believe muddys things up as there are a lot of former world champions who in the one belt system are ic/us guys, and it seems like a step down for them, but in reality they weren't world champ material in the first place.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Back when there were two belts they could afford to take a chance on a guy. Can't really do that anymore.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Lots of these guys have a lot of "T.V years" on them Ziggler is young but he's been around for a while. Del Rio not as young but been around for a while, Sheamus too. Kinda feels like the ship has already sailed on those three every becoming constant World Title contenders.

Lock Jaw
03-02-2014, 12:55 AM
I think I just loved the Ziggler/AJ/Big E trio... I saw them as the second coming of Christian/Trish/Tomko and thus wanted to see them succeed and fulfill all my fantasies of what could have been done with Christian.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Fucking cat just knocked my sleeping pill off my desk and down my heating vent.

Fuck you Belak.

XL
03-02-2014, 05:48 AM

Wait. Is this Gertner putting in-ring (shall we call it workrate) above personality/character/charisma? ;)

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 08:07 AM
I think Sheamus has tons of charisma, and I think Del Rio does as well. I just think they are limited due to their look and ethnicity.

#1-norm-fan
03-02-2014, 08:11 AM
I loved Del Rio's mic skills at first. Then he went on to cut the same exact promo every week for years.

#1-norm-fan
03-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Speaking of Cesaro, I was thinking...

I feel like they should always strive to stack the card for WrestleMania with matches that feel "special" as opposed to matches more fit for the midcard of any other PPV. Cody and Goldust's momentum has been dying since losing the tag titles and I don't think The Real Americans were ever over enough as a team for the "Real Americans explode" story to be worthy of a WrestleMania spot on it's own.

I kinda like the idea of combining the feuds. Cesaro and Cody (w/ Dusty Rhodes) vs. Goldust and Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter). Let the old guys get involved a little for some good WrestleMania hijinks and suddenly you've got a good 10-15 minute mid-card WrestleMania match.

I wonder if Zeb could take a big swing without having a heart attack in the middle of the biggest show of the year.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Crazy old Dutch Mantell would do it lol

Rammsteinmad
03-02-2014, 01:10 PM
the "new generation" of the "main event".

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Swiss Ultimate
03-02-2014, 01:30 PM
I remember seeing a ridiculous ROH promo where Cesaro was airplane spinning a tree-branch or something. Can't find that, of course.

Did find this:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QG2B_-RUl2w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2014, 03:16 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vPRY-rwCAxg/T7Dm1fxMgKI/AAAAAAAABKc/KVY5jQMuOy8/s200/stone-cold-laughing.gif

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2014, 03:33 PM

Yup. All of this.

Sheamus isn't as standard a babyface as people may want to accuse him of. He's a nice guy, but when the bell sounds, he's a fucking badass. I never realized I missed him until he returned recently. Solid as fuck. I still think his match with Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules was one of the best matches of ALL TIME.

Lock Jaw
Cesaro needs better mic skills and to miraculously lose his accent if he wants to make it big.

Anybody Thrilla
Anyway, Cesaro is the best. I've made many threads about it in the past, and I hope many more are made in the future.

Lock Jaw
03-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Yup. All of this.

Sheamus isn't as standard a babyface as people may want to accuse him of. He's a nice guy, but when the bell sounds, he's a fucking badass. I never realized I missed him until he returned recently. Solid as fuck. I still think his match with Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules was one of the best matches of ALL TIME.

Sheamus also had a pretty sweet ladder match with John Morrison once at some event. Which along with the aforementioned D-Bry match is probably the best of Sheamus.

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2014, 05:30 PM
He also had an 18 second masterpiece with Bryan at Wrestlemania.

Brigstocke
03-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I really want to see Sheamus playing a more 'Irish' stereotype. I know they have the annotations to his heritage..Celtic This Celtic that...But I mean using Gaelic football shirts and spraying authority figures and heels with a guinness truck etc.

XL
03-02-2014, 05:56 PM
If they made him any more of an Irish stereotype he'd be Hornswoggle.

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 06:01 PM
He should just come out drunk every week like Scott Hall.

Malfeitor
03-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Watching Cesaro's performance on NXT this past week officially put him as my favorite in the WWE right now. As Gertner pointed out earlier, if he ups his game on the mic he'll be all kinds of legit.

Swiss Ultimate
03-02-2014, 09:04 PM
He should just come out drunk every week like <s>Scott Hall</s> Sandman.

Innovator
03-03-2014, 07:26 AM
I don't know what i want more: Cesaro turning face and swinging Zeb around at Wrestlemania, or Cesaro turning face with Zeb and teaching him about different cultures and languages. I think they could have gold with some vignettes of Zeb interacting with different immigrants.

Optimus Bone 69
03-03-2014, 12:17 PM
that sounds like comedy gold

Brigstocke
03-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Care in Las Communitas

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2014, 05:22 PM
When Swagger interrupted Cesaro's match with Big E, Zeb Colter did seem like he was on Cesaro's side. That was only logical given that it cost Cesaro the match, but the possibility that Colter could turn face with Cesaro is still there.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Colter and Cesaro visiting sick kids could be absolutely amazing. When a heel wants beef with Cesaro, just have them try and beat up Zeb. Cesaro running out to save the day and swing the bad guy around could be huge.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm still not feeling the Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust match. I'd actually, as insane as this sounds given that they're so fucking over, rather see both Cody and Goldust become darker characters heading into WrestleMania XXX. Perhaps they see The Usos taking precedence over them as insulting?

* Two masked figures cost Jimmy & Jey the WWE Tag Team Titles against The New Age Outlaws on an episode of RAW where they get a title shot by shoving the legal Uso off the top rope and allowing Road Dogg to roll them up for the three. Michael Cole is willing to bet they are Authority stooges and JBL yells at him for it.

* On SmackDown, the masked figures stand in the ring and reveal themselves to be...Cody Rhdoes & Goldust? Cody cuts a promo saying that no one has a right to those Tag Team Titles besides The Brotherhood. Jimmy & Jey want to cut in line? Well they are going to get cut down by the men who have actually managed to become champions before. Goldust adds that he has been diagnosed with a critical condition known as "Time." He only has a little of it left to cement a legacy for himself and to reap the rewards of a lifetime of hard work. Cody adds that they have been wasting their time teaming with Los Matadores on Superstars? No disrespect to those guys, but Cody Rhodes & Goldust are the main attraction in the tag team division and need to be on the WrestleMania card.

* This leads to both Los Matadores and The Usos having issues with The Rhodes Brotherhood. You can use Diego y Fernando to put over Rhodes & Goldust heading into the PPV, but you could also have them introduced into the main Tag Title storyline. Their gimmick is silly, but they are good workers, and a little bit of silly may add a dynamic to the feud that isn't already there.