PDA

View Full Version : Is AJ Lee collateral damage?

Dukelorange
03-11-2014, 09:54 PM
With CM Punk gone, AJ has lost several matches to various divas. So you guys think is because of her relationship with CM Punk? A delayed reaction from that previous incident? Perhaps the WWE is one again letting MORE great divas out the door by just not pushing the division?

Razzamajazz
03-11-2014, 09:58 PM
no

#1-norm-fan
03-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Is she losing more than usual? She's been losing non-title matches and then winning title matches. That's WWE's booking for all their champions.

Lock Jaw
03-11-2014, 10:01 PM
AJ has been losing to all the Total Divas since that show began. It isn't a new "post-CM Punk leaving" thing.

END THREAD.

Purgatory
03-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Theres talk of having her drop the title, but they didn't say to who.

Savio
03-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Wont be surprised if she loses it at mania, gotta lose it sometime. Sine vince doesn't want to piss punk off she might keep it however.

Wishbone
03-11-2014, 11:58 PM
So long as she doesn't drop it to one of the Bellas or Cameron, and as long as she doesn't descend into jobberdom I don't see an issue. A match with Natalya, Naomi, or someone else that can actually wrestle that results in her losing is perfectly fine and just part of the wrestling business.

It's honestly such a shame that WWE doesn't push the Divas division more. It's not like they'd loose anything by doing so either. The women that can actually wrestle tend to be just as good looking (if not more so) than the idiots they constantly put on tv.

Shisen Kopf
03-12-2014, 12:09 AM
Wonder what AJ Lee's make's of this'

Bad News Gertner
03-12-2014, 02:08 AM
So long as she doesn't drop it to one of the Bellas or Cameron, and as long as she doesn't descend into jobberdom I don't see an issue. A match with Natalya, Naomi, or someone else that can actually wrestle that results in her losing is perfectly fine and just part of the wrestling business.

It's honestly such a shame that WWE doesn't push the Divas division more. It's not like they'd loose anything by doing so either. The women that can actually wrestle tend to be just as good looking (if not more so) than the idiots they constantly put on tv.

Nobody cares about workrate or womens wrestling.

Fignuts
03-12-2014, 02:13 AM
People used to during the Trish/Lita/Mickie years.

Not going to get back to that again by not pushing the division. Then again, people liked liked Diva's back then because they were hot, and they could put on a fun match.

How many Diva's right now can put on a good match? 2? Maybe 3?

Wishbone
03-12-2014, 02:16 AM
Nobody cares about workrate or womens wrestling.

That's why an internet workhorse is headlining Wrestlemania, and is the most over performer in the last decade while a supposed quintessential superstar is being buried with a mountain of boos and was forced to turn heel because of it, right?

el bobbo
03-12-2014, 02:19 AM

Not going to get back to that again by not pushing the division. Then again, people liked liked Diva's back then because they were hot, and they could put on a fun match.

AJ, Natty...

the NXT chicks are so much better than the current crop. (Emma, Paige, Summer Rae).

I just watched the WrestleMania from 2010 and noticed that Alicia Fox was in the 5 on 5 match. They have to keep these women on board for political reasons emanating from the Linda McMahon shit.

Wishbone
03-12-2014, 02:20 AM

On the active roster? Natalya, AJ Lee, Naomi and to a lesser extent Emma and Summer Rae from what I've heard. NXT also supposedly has quite a few women that can actually put on good matches. Stupid thing is that all those women I mentioned are just as, if not more attractive than the shit we see being pushed on tv. The problem isn't lack of good women's wrestlers, it's lack of actual time for them to wrestle good matches. Honestly I'd go as far as to say that WWE's women's division is more stacked today then it was during the Lita/Trish years. It's just that the women today don't get to show it.

Bad News Gertner
03-12-2014, 02:31 AM
That's why an internet workhorse is headlining Wrestlemania, and is the most over performer in the last decade while a supposed quintessential superstar is being buried with a mountain of boos and was forced to turn heel because of it, right?

Because he developed a personality.

Wishbone
03-12-2014, 02:33 AM
Because he developed a personality.

Not seeing your point here exactly, Gerty...

Bad News Gertner
03-12-2014, 02:34 AM
That doesn't surprise me

Fignuts
03-12-2014, 02:39 AM
I miss Victoria. Best ass ever. And the widow's peak was an awesome finisher.

Wishbone
03-12-2014, 02:46 AM

Shame Victoria and Mickey didn't get to finish that little storyline they had going with the "hit list" thing Victoria was doing. Could have been really interesting for WWE.

Wishbone
03-12-2014, 02:48 AM
That doesn't surprise me

Are you insinuating that women can't have personalities? If so that's very sexist of you, and that's bad m'kay.

Bad News Gertner
03-12-2014, 02:56 AM
Daniel Bryan isn't where he is if he didn't develop a personality.

Daniel Bryan without a personality is Tyson Kidd

#1-norm-fan
03-12-2014, 07:35 AM
By "personality" of course, you mean he starting yelling "Yes!" a lot.

Blonde Moment
03-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Daniel Bryan isn't where he is if he didn't develop a personality.

Daniel Bryan without a personality is Tyson Kidd

For the most part i do agree with this but I think it helps if they let the performers put more of themselves into their character then just what the higher ups want. It is far easier to be someone you can identify with then someone you cannot.

Would Austin have made it as the "Ringmaster" I don't think so.

JimmyMess
03-12-2014, 09:48 AM
The Divas Title doesn't matter, nor the champion, because women aren't real people, especially in wrestling.

Dukelorange
03-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Doing a little research on the 'net, I discovered that most divas are actually good in the ring. As with the men, it requires chemistry between the two and time to have the match develop. Couple that with a story that the audience can invest their time in and you should be okay.

#1-norm-fan
03-12-2014, 01:13 PM
No. Chicks move pretty awkwardly in the ring.

Emperor Smeat
03-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Her losing right now has nothing to do with Punk's status and more because the WWE cares way more about Total Divas than the actual division.

They are just following a similar path they did with Season 1 for Season 2's promotion albeit with the rumored difference of a title change occurring at Mania as part of the season finale.

Dukelorange
03-12-2014, 07:03 PM

The girls are smaller and are... girls, so the distances from rope to rope is longer.

XL
03-12-2014, 07:10 PM
I think you'll find the distance between the ropes is exactly the same.

XL
03-12-2014, 07:12 PM

This x1,000,000.

A great women's match is an average match in real terms.

Savio
03-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Naomi and AJ had a pretty good match on NXT before, they were given more time though since it was the All women's season.

Vastardikai
03-12-2014, 07:50 PM
I think you'll find the distance between the ropes is exactly the same.

women don't have the same gait as men.

Here's a solid example of running the ropes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i0vxPCCXjG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan
03-12-2014, 09:04 PM
The girls are smaller and are... girls, so the distances from rope to rope is longer.

lol. This is not an excuse for moving awkwardly in the ring.

And even if it were, too bad. They're still awkward in the ring and it makes for awkward wrestling matches. Whatever the reason.

Bad News Gertner
03-12-2014, 10:37 PM
This is the most ridiculous discussion yet. Womens gait.

Shisen Kopf
03-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Women's work gait is serious business

JimmyMess
03-12-2014, 11:14 PM
the problem is, WWE hires female models (for the most part) and tries to train them to be wrestlers.

Where as the men (for the most part) are wrestlers/pro athletes, who they then try to convert to entertain over pure rasslin

#1-norm-fan
03-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Womengait 2014

Fignuts
03-13-2014, 01:52 AM
the problem is, WWE hires female models (for the most part) and tries to train them to be wrestlers.

Where as the men (for the most part) are wrestlers/pro athletes, who they then try to convert to entertain over pure rasslin

Pretty much this. Watch some AJW from back in the day. Not awkward at all, and in fact boasts some of the best wrestling matches ever, male or female.

GD
03-13-2014, 03:19 AM
Yes. AJ Lee publicly embraced Punk at an airport recently. Such an interaction between a heel and a face is not appreciated in the business of professional wrestling. Following Punk's departure from the company, AJ Lee's push has come to a screeching halt. After winning the secondary Divas Championship, she was set to win the prestigious WWE Women's Championship which was to be resurrected at the showcase of the immortals - Wrestlemania. She was slated to fight some of the greatest women's wrestlers of all time in a gauntlet match. Some of the names that were expected were Michelle McCool, Lita, Trish Stratus, Molly Holly, Beth Phoenix and Gail Kim (Christian was to make an appearance at Bound for Glory in return). Unfortunately, none of it is going to happen. She is scheduled to lose the secondary belt to her protege Tamina Snuka in a record time of 5 seconds at Wrestlemania. AJ Lee will eventually be released from the WWE due to her affiliation with CM Punk.

XL
03-13-2014, 05:58 AM
women don't have the same gait as men.

Here's a solid example of running the ropes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i0vxPCCXjG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is true, but the distance between the ropes is still the same.

#1-norm-fan
03-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Pretty much this. Watch some AJW from back in the day. Not awkward at all, and in fact boasts some of the best wrestling matches ever, male or female.

I'm gonna need to see a specific match that ranks with the greatest matches ever that features two women.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-13-2014, 06:52 AM
This x1,000,000.

A great women's match is an average match in real terms.

That's why they have to have separate leagues to get attention like Shimmer or GLOW. No superior men matches to confuse the audience.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-13-2014, 06:54 AM
AJ is now the total divas days as champion including people with multiple reigns and she was prominently featured in the Scooby Doo movie. She's not being buried for Punk leaving. If anything her not being buried is a sign they think Punk might be back later on.

Vastardikai
03-13-2014, 10:47 AM
This is true, but the distance between the ropes is still the same.

I'm not arguing that point. I'm arguing that perhaps the awkwardness in women running the ropes has to do with the length of their legs. I want to say Rey running the ropes is odd for a similar reason. (side note: I was trying to find video of Trish running the ropes yesterday, during my research. After searching 3 matches and not finding it, I kind of said fuck it.)

XL
03-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Hey, you said it.

Vastardikai
03-13-2014, 05:43 PM
<--- Read the name. and Read the name you quoted. Not the same.

Also, we all know my sock account was PoweredToastMan, not Dukelorange. *shifty*

I think what he meant to say, though, was it takes more steps for them to run the ropes, as opposed to the three steps it takes for the boys. Hence WOMENGAIT 2014.

And again, I can't remember if Trish Stratus ever ran the ropes in her matches.

The Rogerer
03-13-2014, 05:58 PM
This x1,000,000.

A great women's match is an average match in real terms.Stone Cold Steve Austin had amazing matches with two massive knee braces and barely being able to take his opponent's finishers. It's professional wrestling.

XL
03-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Not sure what your point is but there isn't a woman alive and in 100% health that could equal an Austin match even with him at 25%.

Nobody says "That was a great match" after a divas match. They say "That was a great match...for the divas".

XL
03-13-2014, 07:05 PM
<--- Read the name. and Read the name you quoted. Not the same.

Also, we all know my sock account was PoweredToastMan, not Dukelorange. *shifty*

I think what he meant to say, though, was it takes more steps for them to run the ropes, as opposed to the three steps it takes for the boys. Hence WOMENGAIT 2014.

And again, I can't remember if Trish Stratus ever ran the ropes in her matches.

Fair point. Though why you took the argument for duke is a mystery.

XL
03-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Also, I know what he was trying to say. I was being pedantic.

#1-norm-fan
03-13-2014, 08:01 PM
This thread is fucking weird.

Vastardikai
03-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Fair point. Though why you took the argument for duke is a mystery.

Because I'm a nerd and the subject seemed nerdy enough for me to take up.

#1-norm-fan
03-13-2014, 09:08 PM
lol. Not even sure why the subject of distance between the ropes came up. I just said they move awkwardly. I didn't specifically mean while running the ropes.

Bad News Gertner
03-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Went running at the indoor track at my gym. On one of the walls there's a sign that advertises orthopedic analysis and gait. Every time I run by it I think to myself "womens gait". I laughed each and every time I read that sign.

I realize that having 31,000 posts on a wrestling site doesn't makes me the coolest person in the world, but I'll be damned if I discuss fucking womens gait lol

Droford
03-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Theres talk of having her drop the title, but they didn't say to who.

If they keep mentioning on nxt how long Paige has been champion which is almost as long as AJ, I could see something become of that..

The Rogerer
03-14-2014, 05:17 AM
Not sure what your point is but there isn't a woman alive and in 100% health that could equal an Austin match even with him at 25%.

Nobody says "That was a great match" after a divas match. They say "That was a great match...for the divas".Fantastic, out of the 3 billion women on earth there isn't a single one who is compelling as Stone Cold Steve Austin Register On This Website And Use The Code Austin1 To Get Your Fill Of Testosterone Pills Son.

Dukelorange
03-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Allow me to clarify.

I think the person that said that a woman's gait is different got where I was coming from. Women are built different, so they move different. Think of the WNBA and the NBA. A women's jumper looks different than a man's jump shot. But, at the end of the day, its still two points.

Granted, the majority prefers the NBA as does the majority of this forum prefers men wrestling to women in the WWE.

But, I think it's not accurate to compare women wrestling to men wrestling on that level.

As wrestling fans and/or wrestlers, we need to put things in it's proper place. I enjoy healthy debate with wrestling fans who know a great deal about it.

Dukelorange
03-14-2014, 08:35 AM
AJ is now the total divas days as champion including people with multiple reigns and she was prominently featured in the Scooby Doo movie. She's not being buried for Punk leaving. If anything her not being buried is a sign they think Punk might be back later on.

This seems accurate. I think they are to keep it on her until Naomi comes back. With any hope, they will put on a good match and rematch.

Bad News Gertner
03-14-2014, 08:45 AM
She just beat Natalya is a very long, good match on Main Event. If she were being buried it would have been non-title and she would have lost.

Dukelorange
03-14-2014, 08:59 AM
She just beat Natalya is a very long, good match on Main Event. If she were being buried it would have been non-title and she would have lost.

Thanks, the thread got off topic.

DAMN iNATOR
03-15-2014, 10:36 AM

Not to mention
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v4zrvpOM_50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AND she beat Molly Holly and shaved Molly’s head @ WM XX:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WQzQUEhmrWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:lol::love:

GD
03-16-2014, 02:37 AM
Victoria is my all time favorite women's wrestler.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2014, 05:21 AM
AJ Lee could actually make the company a lot of money. I think she's wasted as the straight-heel they're having her play. I think they were on to something last year when she went on that rant against the Total Divas. I think she will go on to make the company a lot of money. I can't think of a girl on the current roster that I think would be fitting to take the title off her. Naomi is fairly close, but I'm not quite on board with that yet. I think it might be blowing the wad a little bit. Of the girls on the current roster, I think Paige is probably the best bet to take the Divas Title off AJ Lee.

The problem with the Divas Division has always been that the girls don't really get a chance to carve out unique personalities and develop real storylines. All the girls hate each other or love each other on any given week. The heels are always stuck-up bitches and the faces are always scantily-clad girls who grin and spout platitudes. Some personalities and interesting rivalries would be appreciated.

They had the opportunity to make Emma interesting, but they just sort of...shoved her out there. Emma will be saved, because of her skill and charm, but hopefully the WWE have learned that they need to explain just who these women are. "People like her! Look at her do something weird!" is not a character.

The WWE could fix everything with the simple re-hirings of Victoria and Kharma. Victoria has always been a guilty pleasure of mine and Kharma could be a Women's Champion that actually gets mainstream attention for the company. I also have this weird desire to see Molly Holly as the manager of Alicia Fox and Aksana for some reason. Do not ask me why.

Theo Dious
03-22-2014, 05:44 AM
AND she beat Molly Holly and shaved Molly’s head @ WM XX:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WQzQUEhmrWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:lol::love:

Best women's match in the history of Wrestlemania, and a great match by any standard.

Also I always loved how the head-shaving was still going on when Angle made his entrance to face Eddie and Kurt just kind of glanced at it.

Bobholly138
03-22-2014, 09:42 AM

Actually she is barely in the SCooby movie. Has maybe 5 minutes of screen time. Brodus Clay and Sin Cara have more screen time than her.

Lock Jaw
03-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Brodus Clay doesn't have more screen time. Maybe he is in more total scenes, but usually just a one-liner or just standing around. AJ actually has a "major sequence".

Bobholly138
03-22-2014, 07:05 PM
Clay was on screen more than Aj from what I remember.