PDA

View Full Version : My "old" idea for Randy Orton and a new Stable

JT
03-26-2014, 08:33 PM
I came up with this idea sometime after the Cena/Orton feud restarted in Dec. Now as Wrestlemania nears this storyline idea is more or less moot, but liked it and wanted to share with some other fans.

So during the start of the Cena/Orton feud, we saw the first signs of The Authority losing faith in their proclaimed "Face of the WWE". Orton ended up having to fight the battle more or less on his own, and on his own merit came out of top. Yet with The Authority doubting him, and Orton feeling against a wall without their full support, what's a heel trying to sell us on him being the Face of the company to do...

...start an Entourage... hang with me here...

Around Dec I read a Cody Roode's interview where Santino was mentioned as a real life friend of Orton's that would hang and joke around with him, trying to make Orton laugh. It sounded like they had a great dynamic together that was never utilized on tv, and would have placed them together. I would have had it start off slow...

During the Raw after Night of Champions, have a reporter waiting for Randy to show up in a vehicle. When it arrives, Santino would step out with Orton, his comedy gimmick dropped (don't know about most people, but feel it's run it's course). Santino would be slightly more serious here, and would come off as the very supportive (possibly wise cracking) friend of Randy. Have the reporter say something doubtful about Orton's win, and rather than Randy answer, Santino would answer to Orton's defense, followed by both men walking away to a bewildered reporter. From there, have Santino just travel along with Orton places. Also have him come to the ring with Orton and be the one to display Orton's belts to the crowd (similar to how boxing does it). Here, The Authority can continue to have some doubt in Orton, but with Santino showing constant support and being Orton's back-up and mouth piece (honestly, the less Orton talks, the better I like him), I think Orton will look tougher and a stronger champion.

From there, we can build this Entourage with other okay talent that's not really doing much. Brodus Clay who is good muscle comes to mind, as well as Curtis Hawkin's (who hasn't done anything in forever) and Zack who isn't doing much as well (except preparing for another web series that won't go anywhere).

They would, like Legacy, add support to Orton's character and keep the franchise dynamic they were going for strong. Think it would have been perfect now, where you could have had Entourage supported Randy Orton (current champ) against The Authority's new possible face, Batista (know Authority doesn't support him, but with the Entourage dynamic it could have worked if they did), and of course underdog Daniel Bryan to fuck up everyone elses parade by winning it all at Wrestlemania.

But hey, that was just an idea I had rattling in my head...

Swiss Ultimate
03-26-2014, 09:28 PM
I am so sorry.

Wishbone
03-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Kinda interesting actually. Not sure if the Santino thing would work seeing as he's pretty much been in that gimmick so long I don't think he can ever realistically break it, but I'd be game for trying it with him. Don't think WWE would be though seeing as he's still one of the most over faces in the company and sells pretty decently.

I'd heard that Orton was dating that JoJo girl from Total Divas. They could have added her in too to help add buzz for the Total Divas show I guess.

Brodus would be good for muscle since he's dropped off the face of the planet. Just have the story be that Orton decided to give him a chance when nobody else would.

Could have even gone the route of adding Rollins and Ambrose if the whole "Shield splitting up" thing had happened. Or reunite Ryder and Hawkins, I mean they were already the Edge Heads at one point, now they could be the... Orton... Um... Orton Orbital Bones? Ah fuck it, just call them Ryder and Hawkins.

Another interesting option would have been to have Cody and Goldust turn heel and join Orton. They hate the authority so it'd make sense to back the guy the authority doesn't want anymore, and Cody has history with Orton. I also think Cody is better as a heel anyway, and Goldust is good no matter what he's doing.

Shisen Kopf
03-26-2014, 11:23 PM
I fail to see how thing chain of events ends up with Undertaker vs Sting at WM next year.

Swiss Ultimate
03-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Biker Taker VS. Ministry Sting for the win.

Shisen Kopf
03-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Surfer Taker vs Ministry Sting

Swiss Ultimate
03-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Surfer Taker VS. Biker Taker VS. Ministry Lesnar

Shisen Kopf
03-27-2014, 11:34 PM
my all time favorite match would be--Ultimate Warrior and Sting vs Fake Sting and Renegade vs Hall and fake nash vs Nash and Fake Hall vs Undertaker and Fake Kane vs Kane and Fake Undertaker vs the Conquistadors.

Shisen Kopf
03-27-2014, 11:35 PM
and yes I know Fake Nash and Real Kane are really Isaac Yankem but yeah, deal with it.

Swiss Ultimate
03-28-2014, 01:40 AM
my all time favorite match would be--Ultimate Warrior and Sting vs Fake Sting and Renegade vs Hall and fake nash vs Nash and Fake Hall vs Undertaker and Fake Kane vs Kane and Fake Undertaker vs the Conquistadors.

Here goes:

8-Man Elimination Chamber (Four men start the match)
Crow Sting VS. Hulkamania Hulk Hogan VS. Razor Ramone VS. Wolfpac Kevin Nash VS. Hollywood Rock VS. Stalker DDP VS. Cactus Jack VS. Biker Taker
Ref'd by Stunning Steve Austin

Who do you book to win?

Mr. Nerfect
03-28-2014, 09:09 AM
I like the idea of Orton getting a bit of an entourage. What he essentially needs are bodies to throw themselves at Orton's opponenets because they don't get much attention in any other fashion. I'm going to throw out a random reference to The Basham Brothers here. I'm not sure what either of those guys is doing, but if Orton brought them back from his past in WWE developmental, as two guys who are long-time friends but never got to the kiss the sun like Orton did, it would add two more veterans to the WWE roster. Relax, Doug Basham would not become the WWE Champion in this scenario.

Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins would not be bad choices either, though, although I'd rather see them align with Christian. There's not much chance of both Orton and Christian getting henchmen tag teams, so I guess having Ryder & Hawkins work with Orton and getting beaten down by faces would work. They'd just be misguided young guys who want to be on TV. Camacho being repackaged and brought up as a second generation bodyguard to Orton could work, and it would also fit into Orton's past of believing that second generation guys are born better.