PDA

View Full Version : John Cena heel turn opportunity at Wrestlemania

Ziggles
04-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Would Cena costing Daniel Bryan the championship at Wrestlemania and siding with the authority be a big enough swerve to turn him into a "monster" heel? Could a beat down from Bray Wyatt be enough to cause this to happen? God I hope not!

theexample
04-06-2014, 01:45 PM
If Cena was getting a beat down after a ref bump and Bryan (who has had issues with the Wyatts or even sent out by the Bellas) tried to help but accidentally costs
Cena the match, Cena could then feel aggrieved and cost Bryan his match.

Emperor Smeat
04-06-2014, 01:47 PM
No and No.

Would have been better had he turned during the weeks he was getting cozy with the Authority during the Orton feud.

DAMN iNATOR
04-06-2014, 01:48 PM
At this point Cena's been the heroic guy for so long that even Hell freezing over wouldn't cause him to turn on his fans.

Well, between that and whatever % cut he gets of all the sales of his "merch"...

Heyman
04-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Would Cena costing Daniel Bryan the championship at Wrestlemania and siding with the authority be a big enough swerve to turn him into a "monster" heel? Could a beat down from Bray Wyatt be enough to cause this to happen? God I hope not!

I agree with Hogan that the time could be ripe for a Cena heel turn. I don't think it should happen tonight.........as Bryan deserves to his moment..........but perhaps later on this year like at Summerslam.

Cena screwing Bryan tonight, in theory, would be amazing, but it would also be a situation where the fans would legitimately be pissed to the point of it actually hurting the product.

Long story short - the fans needs to see Bryan win tonight and the WWE will cater to that. Guys like Narcissus, Dale Newstead, and Hanso will then apologize to the forums. :P

Ziggles
04-06-2014, 01:58 PM
I was thinking more of how Wyatt says "he is going to expose Cena for the monster he really is..." but I probably look too much into the things Wyatt says... It has to be more than just nonsense right? Also I don't think Bryan would need to "cost Cena the match" No one would know why Cena did what he did until he gives a mega heel promo on Raw.... Either way, I don't want this... Just an idea, and not gonna happen anyway. I do think this could work though.

Swiss Ultimate
04-06-2014, 02:30 PM
At this point Cena's been the heroic guy for so long that even Hell freezing over wouldn't cause him to turn on his fans.

Well, between that and whatever % cut he gets of all the sales of his "merch"...

Cena is the company man. He will do whatever the WWE decides to do for him. I also don't know if him turning heel will cut into his Make-A-Wish stuff.

I agree with Hogan that the time could be ripe for a Cena heel turn. I don't think it should happen tonight.........as Bryan deserves to his moment..........but perhaps later on this year like at Summerslam.

Cena screwing Bryan tonight, in theory, would be amazing, but it would also be a situation where the fans would legitimately be pissed to the point of it actually hurting the product.

Long story short - the fans needs to see Bryan win tonight and the WWE will cater to that. Guys like Narcissus, Dale Newstead, and Hanso will then apologize to the forums. :P

Never say never. It's Wrestlemania, anything could happy. Although according to some people a few things are impossible.

theexample
04-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Ah, but if the Bellas get involved and Cena turns heel, there will be tension on Total Divas....

Heyman
04-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Never say never. It's Wrestlemania, anything could happy. Although according to some people a few things are impossible.

It's not that I don't think it's impossible.

In this case however, I think Cena going heel and fucking over Bryan tonight would be bad for business, and would legitimately piss off the fans.

Hanso Amore
04-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I hope I have to eat crow tonight

DAMN iNATOR
04-07-2014, 01:16 AM
It's not that I don't think it's impossible.

In this case however, I think Cena going heel and fucking over Bryan tonight would be bad for business, and would legitimately piss off the fans.

It should definitely happen soon though. I'm sure there are a lot of guys ready to be the new fan favorite of all the women and children. Cena's problem is that he's just so stagnant right now. Terrible jokes, shirts with color schemes and designs which get worse and worse and a maybe 12-move arsenal at most, none of which are all that impressive anymore. And he could probably use a new ("Superman" by Five For Fighting would be interesting with all the references to him being invincible due to his 9 or 10 month reign with the WWE belt a few years back...seriously) or slightly remixed theme too.

A heel Cena could open a lot more doors IMO than him constantly being the big hero all the time. Maybe a few more chances to chase 1 or 2 more big title runs?

Fignuts
04-07-2014, 01:25 AM
As entertaining as a Cena heel turn would be, I still don't think it's best for business.

DAMN iNATOR
04-07-2014, 01:31 AM
LOL. Not to keep playing the same note here, but remember how a majority of us said the streak breaking would never happen? How'd that turn out. #neversaynever

Fignuts
04-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Streak isn't one of the biggest merchandise sellers in the company.