PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Warrior Tribute Thread

Emperor Smeat
04-09-2014, 03:45 PM
With the sudden passing of Warrior, thought it would be fitting for the Ultimate Warrior to get his own TPWW appreciation thread.

Post any videos, memories, and/or moments you enjoyed the most about Warrior's career.

dronepool
04-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Metal version of his theme

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/BDPnrZ2TSd0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/BDPnrZ2TSd0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

DAMN iNATOR
04-10-2014, 09:57 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xR08M6EUd0g

I know it's kind of a morbid thought, but...do you think he KNEW? After all, just listen to the theme of his speech and then consider that he died < 1 day later.

I'm not saying the content of his speech and his death the next day are anything but coincidental at this point, but it IS something to consider.

Heisenberg
04-10-2014, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure about him knowing, but I was a little off that his promo had meaning. That was the scary part for me. I wanted that off-the-wall Ultimate Warrior promo, but instead we had a humbled, excited Warrior and I'm sure that will haunt ppl for quite some time.

DAMN iNATOR
04-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Yeah, word. Like the only part of that speech that didn't seem awkward at all was the snort before the actual speech and then the sorta forced laughter by one or two of the commentators got a belly laugh out of me but that's about it.

DAMN iNATOR
04-10-2014, 10:26 AM
I get what you're saying though, Heisenberg...I still can't listen to "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver without some part of me being like, "He fucking KNEW", even though there's very little evidence to suggest that. Just one of those eerie things, I guess.

Seth82
04-10-2014, 11:21 AM
The Bladerunners (Warrior/Sting) vs Ted Dibiase/Dr. Death in UWF
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zss--hWnohA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Dingo Warrior vs Chris Adams in WCCW
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-Ekag9oNBDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

a WCCW Promo of Warrior's with Steve Simpson
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IyuOS0Wrjak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Warrior and Sting in Memphis as The Freedom Fighters
-this was very early on in both their careers
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wLiqL0TYFAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Rogerer
04-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I get what you're saying though, Heisenberg...I still can't listen to "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver without some part of me being like, "He fucking KNEW", even though there's very little evidence to suggest that. Just one of those eerie things, I guess.That song is more notable for it's condescending attitude towards his supposed beloved.

The Ultimate Warrior was my first favourite wrestler but of course I went off him a bit.

Crippla
04-10-2014, 12:54 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400.gif

Crippla
04-10-2014, 12:55 PM
I find it quite disturbing that he was just on Raw this week and suddenly passed away..

DAMN iNATOR
04-12-2014, 02:15 AM
That song is more notable for it's condescending attitude towards his supposed beloved.

The Ultimate Warrior was my first favourite wrestler but of course I went off him a bit.

Wait, when did I step (or pop...HA!) into an episode of Pop-Up Video?

Swiss Ultimate
04-14-2014, 07:06 PM
This one's for you, Papa Crazy (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=126419).