PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling Kofi is turning heel.

Bad News Gertner
04-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Loses to Heath Slater of all people, Bad News Barrett and Titus O'Neill who hasn't won in forever in back to back to back matches. Usually getting jobbed out like that signals a turn for an upper mid carder.

How do you think Kofi would do as a heel? I dunno, he seems too "nice".

Wishbone
04-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Agreed, he's too nice for it. Then again he's surprised me in the past. His work with Orton all those years ago had me believing he could be a transitional champ and occasional main eventer so he has the potential to do things WWE hasn't let him in the past. If he turns we'll see what happens. Truthfully it can't hurt him, I mean he's already scraping the bottom of the barrel as is. You can only go up when you're at the bottom.

Tanawesome
04-13-2014, 08:17 PM
He'll need a new look for sure, but like Wishbone said, his work with Orton was pretty good and his promos were decent too.

James Steele
04-13-2014, 08:32 PM
I love Kofi Kingston. Anything they do with him that gets him on TV would be exciting.

Shisen Kopf
04-13-2014, 08:54 PM
He should go back to being Jamaican again and Owenbrown will hate him

Bad News Gertner
04-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Kofi turned heel in owenbrown's eyes when he debuted.

DAMN iNATOR
04-13-2014, 09:51 PM
He's great, I just don't think a heel turn would be right for a guy whose persona is basically being happy-go-lucky all the time.

DAMN iNATOR
04-13-2014, 09:55 PM
He should go back to being Jamaican again and Owenbrown will hate him

Except that since he dropped the fake accent nobody would buy into it again (well, not anybody SMART, so OB would probably still fall for it hook line and sinker). I've often wondered why he still has the same theme as when he debuted if they're going to keep billing him as being from Ghana, West Africa.

Wishbone
04-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Except that since he dropped the fake accent nobody would buy into it again (well, not anybody SMART, so OB would probably still fall for it hook line and sinker). I've often wondered why he still has the same theme as when he debuted if they're going to keep billing him as being from Ghana, West Africa.

My guess on the theme thing is that they either don't want to spend money and time on a new one, or they are banking on the fact that the average person is too stupid to notice.

Also if they were going to change the theme what exactly would they change it too? A random rap song would be terrible for him and WWE doesn't think black people can have rock music for some reason as their themes. Only other option would be some terrible African gimmicky music which would be racist as fuck. Actually it just occurred to me that David Otunga's theme could fit him pretty well. Since they revived "Somebody Call My Momma" and "I'm insatiable" for people they weren't originally meant for they could do that with Otunga's music for Kofi.

Shadrick
04-13-2014, 11:25 PM
My guess on the theme thing is that they either don't want to spend money and time on a new one, or they are banking on the fact that the average person is too stupid to notice.

Also if they were going to change the theme what exactly would they change it too? A random rap song would be terrible for him and WWE doesn't think black people can have rock music for some reason as their themes. Only other option would be some terrible African gimmicky music which would be racist as fuck. Actually it just occurred to me that David Otunga's theme could fit him pretty well. Since they revived "Somebody Call My Momma" and "I'm insatiable" for people they weren't originally meant for they could do that with Otunga's music for Kofi.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Xqp8GsnfDdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've been lobbying for that during a heel turn for Kofi for a minute. Pay for the rights, Vince!

Honestly man, I think he could do it. Less flippy stuff. More vicious kicks. he showed shades in his issues with the Miz, and his mean streak against Orton. I wish he could speak more and be less robotic with his words, but that would come with mic time.

My wet dream was Cesaro with Paul Heyman. My other wet dream is Kofi with Paul Heyman. Jesus that would be amazing. He wouldn't have to speak and could just worry about doing heel shit. Maybe come to the ring in a suit from time to time. Honestly, he's still so young, I think a lot of his potential is untapped.

Tom Guycott
04-13-2014, 11:36 PM
He's great, I just don't think a heel turn would be right for a guy whose persona is basically being happy-go-lucky all the time.

This would be sound logic if it weren't for the Cena detractors who want him to turn heel because they are sick of that very thing.

Yes, I know it does nothing for the "automatic I win this" part of Cena's character that a lot of people ALSO hate, but that wasn't my point, so please, nobody bring that up.

Fignuts
04-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Saw some of his heel stuff before he hit it big, and it was like watching a different person. In a good way. I'd be for it.

Hanso Amore
04-13-2014, 11:47 PM
At this point he's all high spots. Doesn't work as a heel. So would be a change to not only his character but his entire style.

slik
04-13-2014, 11:47 PM
There is more mileage in the Kofi Kar Gas Tank.

A heel turn could be interesting.

dronepool
04-14-2014, 12:10 AM
He's been way too goofy lately, but he did a good job being all pissed at Orton a few years ago so who knows.

Tom Guycott
04-14-2014, 12:17 AM
At this point he's all high spots. Doesn't work as a heel. So would be a change to not only his character but his entire style.

Actually, that's a perfect segue into heel territory where he can play the fan blame game. He can bring up all the things he's jumped off of in MitB matches, all his saves in battle royal setups (especally that last one at 'Mania), and how much of a strain that has put on his body, yet the fans always want more and more and that he's sick of it, and sick of them.

Crimson
04-14-2014, 01:53 AM
There's only one way to go here. Make him a Paul Heyman guy.
Let Paul do his talking.

James Steele
04-14-2014, 02:25 AM
Kofi can talk though! Whenever he is given a real program to work with, he delivers every single time.

Shadrick
04-14-2014, 02:28 AM
There's only one way to go here. Make him a Paul Heyman guy.
Let Paul do his talking.

My wet dream was Cesaro with Paul Heyman. My other wet dream is Kofi with Paul Heyman. Jesus that would be amazing.

I got an erection all over again with your post.

And Steele, yeah Kofi can talk, but I feel like it's not as organic. It seems too forced. He's articulate but it doesn't come off as natural, but I think that'll come with time.

James Steele
04-14-2014, 02:30 AM
It's hard to get better at mic work when they never give you a mic. Look at The Rock in 97 compared to 99. He'd never have gotten to where he did if they didn't give him a chance to sink or swim on his own on the mic.

Shadrick
04-14-2014, 02:35 AM
It's hard to get better at mic work when they never give you a mic. Look at The Rock in 97 compared to 99. He'd never have gotten to where he did if they didn't give him a chance to sink or swim on his own on the mic.

Yeah, I agree sincerely. I really want him to get mic time. But I really equate it to Ziggler being put with Vickie. Sure he had his speaking parts, but Vickie drove most of the dialogue. But I would rather him get more mic time, or go to a promo class or something.

Curd
04-14-2014, 02:46 AM
Give him a techno theme and have him be a black Natural Born Thriller knockoff.

Impact!
04-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Clearly he should snap and become a badass <s>submission</s> high spots machine.

RP
04-14-2014, 08:01 AM
This is not a joke

I think they should do a Treyvon Martin type character. Have him start distancing himself from others. Doing cheap thug type gangster stuff like eating skittles and talking on " the celly ". And have him walk to the ring wearing a hoodie. He can accuse people of being racist.

Eventually this gimmick should lead to a new aged Nation of Domination with Kofi in the Rock spot. You could actually do something serious with Ron Simmons instead of keeping him a walking punchline. There's a few really good black wrestlers that could join. Simmons can be the manager. Have the New Nation fued with Heymans white guys, or Shield, or the Wyatts.

No clue how they haven't done a new Nation reboot with the African Ameri an talent they have. I'd simply call it New Nation.

Shadrick
04-14-2014, 08:05 AM
This is not a joke

I think they should do a Treyvon Martin type character. Have him start distancing himself from others. Doing cheap thug type gangster stuff like eating skittles and talking on " the celly ". And have him walk to the ring wearing a hoodie. He can accuse people of being racist.

Eventually this gimmick should lead to a new aged Nation of Domination with Kofi in the Rock spot. You could actually do something serious with Ron Simmons instead of keeping him a walking punchline. There's a few really good black wrestlers that could join. Simmons can be the manager. Have the New Nation fued with Heymans white guys, or Shield, or the Wyatts.

No clue how they haven't done a new Nation reboot with the African Ameri an talent they have. I'd simply call it New Nation.

In all seriousness, the description for this is absolutely awful, ignorant, and ridiculous, especially the first half and and most of the pariticulars. But the premise that you're going for is not lost on me and minus your particulars, a new nation could work if done properly. And not the way you just set it up.

Shisen Kopf
04-14-2014, 08:15 AM
They should give him a gimmick where he steals....nah nevermind

Shadrick
04-14-2014, 08:36 AM
Steals the show? I AGREE!

ron the dial
04-14-2014, 08:42 AM
(well, not anybody SMART, so OB would probably still fall for it hook line and sinker)
don't get too cocky, genius.

Heisenberg
04-14-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm not sure if it's been done, but he'd be great as a guy who lurks backstage and breaks into diva's travel bags and steals their hair to make into dolls.

S.O.S. I need a hair doll! S.O.S. I think I'm psychooooo

The Rogerer
04-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Kofi Kingston upper midcarder, hahaha. Just like we're all upper middle class.

DaveBrawl
04-14-2014, 09:33 AM
I prefer to call myself lower upper class.

Hanso Amore
04-14-2014, 10:30 AM
You are like school in the summer

NO CLASS

Shadrick
04-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Thread took a serious turn.

HEEL TURN M I RITE

DaveBrawl
04-14-2014, 11:13 AM
You are like school in the summer

NO CLASS

:'(

Gonna cry into my sleeveless t shirt and wipe my nose with my mullet.

Cool King
04-14-2014, 11:14 AM
WWE doesn't think black people can have rock music for some reason as their themes.

http://youtu.be/iRJvfpAY2co?t=2m

Cool King
04-14-2014, 11:15 AM
I would have embedded that video, but for some reason, YouTube doesn't allow you to timestamp embedded videos anymore.

Nicky Fives
04-14-2014, 11:23 AM
All his matches seem the same to me.... anything that refreshes his move-set is great by me

Emperor Smeat
04-14-2014, 12:39 PM
I'd guess he'd just turn on the crowd saying he's getting sick of just being known as someone who pleases the crowd.

Shadrick
04-14-2014, 02:19 PM
It'd have to be more than that. It's gotta be bigger for it to be believeable imo.

Innovator
04-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Only way to really get over as a heel for him would be to completely change his moveset and stop with the jumping. Considering he didn't do that when everyone told him to slow it down a bit, he won't work as a heel.

Swiss Ultimate
04-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Tonight's the night. (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=126419)