PDA

View Full Version : tired of being treated like sheep.

KillerWolf
05-17-2004, 02:58 PM
i got the idea for this post from the guy who posted about Jericho's new titantron. i havnt paid attention to it but its probably a 'gay-ass-feel-good titantron since he's a face now.

point is, it's the same old story. wrestler breaks out as a heel. he is entertaining. he has talent in the ring and on the mic. us smart fans reckognize this and chear for him. it takes longer for the sheep to recognize this, but when the WWE sees that the sheep like the character, then comes the obligatory face turn.

now unfortunatly the face turn does not just mean that this wrestler now feuds with heels. the WWE sugar coats this character until he is no longer the character that we loved, but a lame-ass. remember the cool entrance theme? gone. replaced by a watered-down-non-threatening-feel-good version. and the great promos have been replaced by cheap-pop-ass-kissing-sheep-indulging drivel.

what wwe needs to realize is that we liked these characters before the went pop. but once a character catches on, they re-package them and shove em down our throats. :nono:

TheNamelessOne
05-17-2004, 03:08 PM
The WWE needs to get rid of the heel/face line so wrestlers characters stay the same, so the wrestlers get popular on their character rather than their disposition.

You are right you know. During 2000, I was perfectly happy with Rikishi being a dancing lard ass face. When he turned heel and started fueding with Steve Austin I longer gave a shit.

Another thing about the way they WWE treats their faces : More often than not in a fued, they are the underdog.

KillerWolf
05-17-2004, 03:17 PM
the point is that once a character gets over with the fans, it becomes 'family entertainment' and said character is sugar coated to the point of being a lame-ass.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-17-2004, 03:38 PM
A Great example is Cena. As a heel he was great. As a face, his promos/raps are now getting watered down ( granted, this may have to do with the FCC regarding the crowd cursing at the end.) His "Deez Nuts" catchphrase is annoying and childish... A character like Cena does not need a catchphrase. The only reason he has one is because most baby faces do. The only thing I like about the face Cena is the five knuckle shuffle... Off topic, I also hate how the FU looks weaker and weaker each week. It went from a death valley drive to a death vally bomb... Now it's basically a fireman's carry into a bodyslam... Weak.

So who do you think has the best and worse transistion from heel to face??? I'd say Cena had the worst.. For best, I"m going to say Eddie Guerrero.

KillerWolf
05-17-2004, 03:43 PM
yeah, cenas is pretty bad. doink the clown was bad. im starting to think victorias is bad. i didnt like the way they candy-coated the rocks theme music when he got over with the sheep. they added lyrics to taker's last theme music when he turned face, which sucked.

KillerWolf
05-17-2004, 03:44 PM
yeah, eddie makes a better face than a heel. especially when he still lies, cheats, and steals.

Kane Knight
05-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Eddie didn't change much, either. That's the beauty of it. Cena's been sugarcoated for sure.

BasicThuganomics
05-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Cena's been told to water his raps down from what I've heard. Not just because of the FCC thing I think. Management has told him to I'm pretty sure. I remember a couple of months ago he was in the middle of a rap and it got cut short by Rey Mysterio's entrance. It was obviously edited out because of something he said. The WWE is obviously making him tone down.

By the way, I think it's hilarious when Cena pumps up his shoes!

John la Rock
05-17-2004, 05:03 PM
ya I'm really getting tired of John Cena. He needs to start cutting promos and stop freestyling and rhyming all the time. It's really annoying.

thuganomicalcrippler
05-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Everything I wanted to say has been said already. I was also going to comment on the greatness of Eddie G's face turn and on the sloppiness of Cena's. But I think The Rock remains entertaining, heel or face.

Xero
05-18-2004, 01:43 PM
The fact that Cena still raps is so, when his album comes out, it will fit him and the album will sell more (In theory, of course)... I'd say we have ATLEAST a few months left of Cena freestyling...

Really, I see few diffrences in Eddie's charcter now that he is a face... He acts face-ish, but at the same time, heelish... His transition was great...

Kane is a good example of character destruction... When Kane was (first) heel, he was a great monster... When he turned face w/ X Pac, it was all down hill from there... He, in that state, and in the current state, does not seem as such a threat as he was when he first debuted... If they continue with the way their going now, and have him dominate, maybe he will look credible agian... As much as I love seeing Benoit as champion, if they give it to Kane and give him ATLEAST a two month run dominating everyone (Ending it with an interference loss, as not to ruin the monster look), maybe, just MAYBE, he'll look like the monster he used to look like...

Kane Knight
05-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Cena's been told to water his raps down from what I've heard. Not just because of the FCC thing I think. Management has told him to I'm pretty sure. I remember a couple of months ago he was in the middle of a rap and it got cut short by Rey Mysterio's entrance. It was obviously edited out because of something he said. The WWE is obviously making him tone down.

By the way, I think it's hilarious when Cena pumps up his shoes!
Thing is, it doesn't matter. As someone else mentioned in another thread, they tend to sugarcoat anyone who turns face.

however, I don't doubt that this is a reaction the the puritan crackdowns going on thanks to Janet's tit.

Corkscrewed
05-19-2004, 03:10 AM
You guys make great points. When he was starting to turn face, I was arguing that he should be a tweener. He feuds with anyone and is a lone ranger... fearing no one. And instead, they've turned him into a weaker version of Road Dogg Jesse James when he's on the mic.

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm tired of being treated like a sheep too...The Scotrs keep trying to fu</>ck me in the ass...:shifty:s

The Mackem
05-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Yeah when I read the topic I immediately thought that Eddie was the exception to the rule, in fact he's probably more entertaining now as a face than he was as a heel. Judgement Day rocked.

Hired Hitman
05-19-2004, 06:21 AM
I agree with the FU looking weak statement, every time I see the move done I feel ashamed for the wrestler who gets pins down after it. I have a few ideas for modifications to make the move look better, basically have the same setup and the same throw, but while dropping his opponent Cena should cup his opponents head into a ‘[side] Neck breaker’ position, also landing more on the neck/upper back would make the move look like a person could actually be stunned long enough for Cena to get the pinfall.

big_bluto
05-19-2004, 06:57 AM
I'm tired of being treated like a sheep too...The Scotrs keep trying to fu</>ck me in the ass...:shifty:s

Hey!
No self-respecting Scot would ever fu</>ck YOU in the ass.
Hate to shatter an illusion, but you just ain't sexy.
Mind you, neither is Shawn Michaels! :lol: