PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Rammsteinmad
05-27-2014, 11:00 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Looks like we're finally getting Jurassic Park 4 after all.

El Vaquero de Infierno
05-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Do we really need another Jurassic Park film? Nope.

Will I end up going to see it? Probably, unless I get a life before then.

JimmyMess
05-27-2014, 11:49 AM
I think its supposed to be a new trilogy of Jurassic Park films. With only minor characters from the first films connected to it.

Damian Rey
05-27-2014, 12:08 PM
I don't even want minor characters from the previous films. Hopefully they just move forward with new characters in similar situations. Man, I still fucking love the original now that I think about it.

VSG
05-27-2014, 01:53 PM
The 20th anniversary viewing last year still got goosebumps out of me. I know I will end up watching this and comparing it with the original movie anyway.

Kalyx triaD
05-27-2014, 01:57 PM
The rumored plot... isn't optimal.

VSG
05-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Got a link?

Kalyx triaD
05-27-2014, 02:23 PM
http://io9.com/the-plot-to-jurassic-world-sounds-impressively-ridiculo-1578986495

VSG
05-27-2014, 02:40 PM
lol that sounds like it came from the studio that released Sharktopus

Fignuts
05-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Do we really need another Jurassic Park film? Nope.

Will I end up going to see it? Probably, unless I get a life before then.

You're right. It's time for this.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/d6rryh6gzozwrmnmwvsh.jpg

Kalyx triaD
05-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Ya know, if the world ends tomorrow I don't mind voting that picture as greatest thing ever drawn by a person.

Sixx
05-28-2014, 06:07 AM
http://io9.com/the-plot-to-jurassic-world-sounds-impressively-ridiculo-1578986495

Chris Pratt the dinosaur trainer, wow.

Really hoping for a Rocky-esque training montage, only with dinosaurs instead of Apollo Creed.

Kalyx triaD
05-28-2014, 01:06 PM
A fool's hope.

Sixx
05-28-2014, 01:08 PM
One can dream.

It sounds like it's gonna be ridiculous anyway, so why not go all the way?

Lock Jaw
11-25-2014, 01:32 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N7G57rH366Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lock Jaw
11-25-2014, 01:40 PM
"You just went and made a new dinosaur? Probably not a good idea." - Chris Pratt's Character summing up the movie in the trailer.

Lock Jaw
11-25-2014, 01:45 PM
"There hasn't been any dinosaurs breaking loose and killing people in HOW LONG? Hmmmm.... we better make a new one with more killing power. For science." - Scientist Lady

Kalyx triaD
11-25-2014, 01:52 PM
A theme of the whole series is doing something simply because you can. Silly scientists and their... science.

The Destroyer
11-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Looks like the rumoured plot was fairly accurate, going by the trailer. Could be decent enough though.

Nowhere Man
11-26-2014, 01:52 AM
I'm not gonna lie, I've always wanted to see a Jurassic Park movie where they finally got the damn thing open and working, just because a dinosaur theme-park would immediately be the greatest thing of all time.

I just.....don't get the point of their big scheme. Mix a bunch of dinosaurs--who already have a bad track record of breaking loose and killing everyone--into one super-dinosaur because......why, again?

Kalyx triaD
11-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Depending on which rumor turns out legit; either they were contracted for a bio-weapon, or they wanted a more exciting attraction (because frickin dinosaurs could get boring, right). It'll probably come down to dangerous curiosity.

Asmo
11-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Well, the park has been open for 10 years or so, and the marketing websites (Masrani's) indicate that park attendance only peaks around American holidays. That's reason enough for new attractions.

Honestly, i'm excited. And Star Lord leading a pack of raptors? Double Excite.

Disturbed316
11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Looking forward to this one.

KIRA
11-27-2014, 01:05 AM
I'm not gonna lie, I've always wanted to see a Jurassic Park movie where they finally got the damn thing open and working, just because a dinosaur theme-park would immediately be the greatest thing of all time.

I just.....don't get the point of their big scheme. Mix a bunch of dinosaurs--who already have a bad track record of breaking loose and killing everyone--into one super-dinosaur because......why, again?

Oh come on how bad could it be to take highly dangerous animals enhance them (apparently both physically and mentally and put them in the vicinity of of unsuspecting victims I mean people.

Kalyx triaD
12-02-2014, 12:37 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C2zRWZkqCdU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
01-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Here's a mock ad (http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/indominus-rex/) for the new super-dino.

Sounds like the worst creature to be stuck on an island with, billed like a fun new ride at Universal.

alvarado52
02-02-2015, 12:02 AM
So this dino has all sorts of other dino DNA to it?

Lemme guess, the plot twist is that it also has HUMAN DNA!?

Lock Jaw
02-02-2015, 12:08 AM
And that human DNA is the most dangerous DNA of all!

Simple Fan
02-02-2015, 12:25 AM
I want to see it.

Kalyx triaD
04-20-2015, 02:38 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vwsvMcVlFuE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rammsteinmad
04-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Looks good. Some people on Facebook completely ejaculating over it, doesn't look THAT amazing! But looks good.

Disturbed316
04-21-2015, 02:02 AM
Will definitely see this.

Asmo
06-11-2015, 12:54 AM
So, who's seen it / will be seeing it?

I'm pumped. Between the trailers, TV spots, and general social media buzz, everyone expects to have a rollicking good time. Will be watching an IMAX print tomorrow morning. Can't wait for some larger than life action.

Lock Jaw
06-11-2015, 01:21 AM
I have a bunch of free movie passes... so I will use one on it when it is past the opening "no passes" phase...

Wishbone
06-11-2015, 03:10 AM
Saw a pre-screening of this on Tuesday. Was a pretty damn fun movie. It's not gonna win an Oscar, and if you can't stand cheesy, fan pandering movies then you should give it a skip. However, if any part of you has ever liked dinosaurs you owe it to yourself to go check it out. The adult in me was trying to question certain things that didn't make any logical sense, but that adult was quickly drowned out by the kid in me screaming at the top of his lungs "THIS IS MOTHER FUCKING AWESOME!".

Oh, and I don't want to spoil anything so I'll keep this brief and vague, but if you hated Jurassic Park 3 you will fucking love this movie.

Spoilers ahead for those that don't mind.

If you hated the Spinosaurus killing the T-Rex then you'll love that the "D-Rex" doesn't get the killing blow. In fact they tease that only to have every 10 year old boy's dream come true by having the T-Rex and a Raptor team up to kick its ass and feed it to a god damn Mosasaur. However, the cheese factor is played up BAD here so be prepared. The T-Rex and Raptor even nod at each other after the fight and go their separate ways. Oh, and Owen (Chris Pratt's character) does in fact lead the raptor pack into battle and has trained them to follow his commands. Yes, it's cheesy and fan pandering as all hell but if you try and tell me you didn't dream about doing just that at least once in your life you're a god damn liar. :P The "D-Rex" is also NOT part human like a lot of people have suspected. It's part squid so it can change color, part T-Rex for the big, scary dino thing, and part raptor so it can be super smart. All that sounds pretty corny but honestly it sorta works in the context of the movie. Oh, and one last thing. They're clearly setting up for a franchise. Doctor Wu who played an almost non-existant role in JP 1 comes back and is essentially the mastermind behind the 'D-Rex". INGEN takes him and his work off site at the end so they can weaponize the mutant dinosaurs. So basically if this one wasn't cheesy enough we're going full on sci-fi monster flick next time it seems.

El Vaquero de Infierno
06-11-2015, 12:26 PM
I'm finishing work a couple of hours early tomorrow and going to see it... because I have no life, but want to binge on sugar and leave work early on a Friday.

Asmo
06-12-2015, 01:40 AM
Watched it this morning. I haven't had such an emotional response to a movie in a long, long time. It's a nostalgia driven entertainment extravaganza, and then some!

Wishbone summed it up pretty well above. It certainly brought out the kid in me.

Disturbed316
06-12-2015, 03:57 AM
Seeing this Tuesday, can't wait.

El Vaquero de Infierno
06-12-2015, 12:11 PM
A decent film; definitely better than Lost World and JP3.

Fignuts
06-12-2015, 07:10 PM
I want to see this, but at the same time I'm gutted at the fact that the Raptor/4 wheeler scene was in all the trailers, as I would have marked out like crazy for that, seeing it at the theater.

That totally should have been saved.

cardsharkrob
06-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Just got back and loved this movie. Really great nostalgia, and have to say the ending actually did set it up for another movie if they decide to do one.

I agree with fignuts, that the raptors and chris pratt riding on motorcycle going through the woods shouldn't have been in the trailer, and saved for the audience.

Wishbone
06-12-2015, 10:06 PM
I want to see this, but at the same time I'm gutted at the fact that the Raptor/4 wheeler scene was in all the trailers, as I would have marked out like crazy for that, seeing it at the theater.

That totally should have been saved.

Dude, if that's your only worry go see it. There are plenty of other things not shown in the trailer that will have you marking out even more than that would have.

KIRA
06-14-2015, 01:08 PM
I'm surprised I ended up really liking this film I thought I was gonna be more "eh its okay" I thought it was gonna go a certain route which it did but not all the way which would've been fun to see though in light of recent films some people may have felt it too derivative

A TON of callbacks in this movie I loved them all.

I was grinning ear to ear at the ending.

Disturbed316
06-16-2015, 12:26 AM
Just got back from seeing this and loved it. So much nostalgia and call backs to the original film. It was interesting to see a fully functioning park but obviously something had to go wrong. The end sequence was awesome and didn't see the final blow coming from the mosasaur, I thought Rexy would have proved his ultimate dominance. It was cool to see the T-Rex 'respect' the remaining Velociraptor and leave him alone after the battle. (along with his scars from when he butted heads with them from JP).

Really enjoyed it.

Mercenary
06-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Just got back from this, and this has made the franchise alive once again. Loved the ending, and the call backs to the first movie.

Fignuts
06-20-2015, 01:21 AM
Dude, if that's your only worry go see it. There are plenty of other things not shown in the trailer that will have you marking out even more than that would have.

Was actually doubting this statement, til the climax. That was indeed fucking rad as shit, and topped the raptor hunting party.

Awesome popcorn flick, and definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Kinda wish they weren't planning more, cause I wanted to see Henry Wu get eaten. He was such an obnoxious prick in this, but I suppose it's good, cause it will make him easy to hate as the main villain of the next one.

Mercenary
06-20-2015, 02:02 AM
Was actually doubting this statement, til the climax. That was indeed fucking rad as shit, and topped the raptor hunting party.

Awesome popcorn flick, and definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Kinda wish they weren't planning more, cause I wanted to see Henry Wu get eaten. He was such an obnoxious prick in this, but I suppose it's good, cause it will make him easy to hate as the main villain of the next one.

Fuck Wu! Had they gone by the book he wouldn't be alive! :P

Rammsteinmad
06-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Good film. Watched it this morning. Really enjoyable popcorn flick. The music at the beginning when the park is revealed made me smile so much with nostalgia.

VSG
06-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Loved it as well, the music alone gets me each time.

Fignuts
06-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Seriously. Fuck everyone who voted for Terminator 2.

poopfromweiner dude
06-21-2015, 05:15 PM
movie was baller as AF...you won't find a bigger JP mark than this bro right here tho...West Indian lilac niggas #

road doggy dogg
06-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Ummmm this movie fucking owned

Loved literally every minute of it

road doggy dogg
06-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Seriously. Fuck everyone who voted for Terminator 2.

T2 theme way better

but ya that scene was awesome

Lock Jaw
06-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Pretty sweet movie.... blew Godzilla out of the water as far as "monster movie" with a "monster battle climax" went...

T-Rex and Indominous-Rex fighting had me marking out, bros. Then BAM RKO outta nowhere by underwater dino.

Razzamajazz
06-30-2015, 02:17 AM
why do the raptors snarl? why didn't the big ass sharkosaurus jump out of the water and grab some people since it was apparently free to do so the entire time? how did some kid know how to fix a jeep that's been there for 20 years?

road doggy dogg
06-30-2015, 02:20 PM
how remote is this island... could that giant-ass water dino not just swim the fuck away from the island and eat every creature living in the ocean

Lock Jaw
06-30-2015, 04:49 PM
Giant-ass water dino in a large aquarium tank... would need to escape....

road doggy dogg
06-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Was it in the tank at the end? My mental image of the park/island might be off. The way it leaped out I thought they were near the front of the park or w/e where people first entered the island... thought the water dino was floating in "open water"

Could be sorely mistaken

Lock Jaw
06-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Dunno.... I just assumed they were close to the tank, and then got too close...