PDA

View Full Version : I BURIED PAULLLLLL

thedarkness214
06-06-2014, 12:11 PM
http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/i-buried-paullllll/

I love the fact that I actually believe . . . or, at least want to believe . . . that Andy Kaufman is alive. When I read the latest reports on TMZ about 6 months ago, I was so hopped up that I contacted both my sons to tell them of the “breaking news”. No, doubt—we are all huge Andy Kaufman marks. From Mighty Mouse, to Latka, TONY Clifton, his “milk and cookies” Carnegie Hall angle, wrestling Lawler in Memphis, and last but not least—“My Breakfast with Blassie”—Andy was a true comic genius—no—really—A GENIUS.

0076013752952_500X500So, how tremendous would it be for him to be walking this earth ALIVE in 2013. Far, and away, it would not only be HIS greatest achievement of all time—but perhaps the greatest hoax in the history of this country. Better then JFK, better than Elvis being alive, better than Wacko Jacko attending his own funeral as a woman—even the “Montreal Screw Job” better than all that . . . . but . . . . there may be one exception—“I buried Paul”.

It’s weird how we can remember incidents from over 40 years ago, but yet, we can’t remember what we had for breakfast this morning. What’s the deal with that? I mean, I don’t even know if I ate breakfast this morning, but I do know that in 1969 I was at the Centereach Lanes, bowling in my Saturday morning league with my older sister, Debbie, when I received the news that PAUL MCCARTNEY WAS DEAD. Yup, dead and buried, some DJ somewhere in mid-America said so, so it had to be the truth. I remember I couldn’t wait to get home, so I could verify the news on either channels 2, 4, 0r 7. That’s basically all we had back then. Oh, there was channel 5 (WNEW), where we watched “Wonderama”, channel 9 (WOR) that housed the Miracle Mets, and of course channel 11 (WPIX), where we watched Captain Jack hosting his hour of “Popeye” cartoons, but they were never really the news source. No—if it didn’t come from Jim Jensen on WCBS, then it just wasn’t true.

220px-GreatHoaxSo I sat there waiting for the news, and when it came on—nothing. Surely Paul McCartney dying had to be the #1 news story—no? So I flipped over to 4, then 7, NOTHING. What the frig? This almost sounds amazing because there was no “internet” to go to and verify the news in a second. No—this was every man for himself. I got it—THE RADIO!!! Switch to WINS—all news—all the time—NOTHING. At this point I didn’t know what else to do but turn to my oldest sister, she might have heard something from some of her friends. I mean, they of course were worldlier then me at that point—that had already hit the 12 year-old plateau.

And thankfully, Debbie did have some news.

Apparently, some DJ in Detroit, caught wind of cryptic messages that were said to be in various Beatle albums that eerily unraveled the death of Paul McCartney. From album covers, to lyrics, to songs having to actually be played backwards, it was clear—the Fab Four Fave was GONE!!! WHAT?!!! I had never heard of anything like this at such an innocent age. As soon as the words fell from my sister’s mouth, I made a bee line to every one of her Beatle albums to see if I could unfold the mystery myself.

And, it didn’t take long.

28IF“Holy crap—there it is!!! The license plate on that Volkswagen says 28 IF (I was looking at “Abbey Road”)—the exact age that Paul would be today HAD HE LIVED!!! This is unbelievable!!! Paul McCartney is really dead!!!”

“And, what’s that Deb?” I asked my sister? “Paul isn’t wearing any shoes on the album cover and “they” say this is how they bury corpses in England!!! This is freakin’ unbelievable!!! Wait—here’s another on. On this picture from the photo booklet in “Magical Mystery Tour”, John, Ringo and George are wearing RED roses on their lapels, and Paul has a BLACK one!!! Are you kidding me? The Beatles were all waiting on line at the florist to buy red roses for their lapels, and when they got to Paul they were all out so he had to buy a BLACK ONE?!!! NO FREAKIN’ WAY is that a coincidence—PAUL IS DEAD!!! And look—Paul has to be the WALRUS because there’s a hand over his head, and “they” say that’s a symbol of death!!! Poor, Paul . . . .so young . . . SO YOUNG!!!”

But then perhaps came the most chilling hint of all—at the end of “Strawberry Fields Forever”, you can CLEARLY hear somebody say, “I BURIED, PAUL.” I played that over and over until I practically wore out the vinyl. “I BURIED, PAUL”, “I BURRIED PAUL”—“do you here that, Deb? They buried Paul!!! They buried him!!! But who? Was that John saying that? Did John burry Paul, did he have something to do with it. Wait—let me play it again!”

As an 8 year-old kid—I became OBSESSED with this. I can remember even ruining my sister’s copy of the “White Album”, in a effort to try and play “Revolution #9” backwards, by forcing the record against the grain, just to hear somebody say, “Turn me on Dead man”, which I could never do. But, by this time, I knew without a shadow of a doubt, if this DJ from Detroit, who I had no idea who he was, said it—IT WAS GOSPEL!!! I even went out and bought a magazine fully devoted to the subject, and if you don’t believe there was such a thing—you can go to “Paul McCartney Dead” on Wikipedia, and see a copy of it.

1931-4By this time, this story was making the news everywhere. Yes, even JIM JENSEN was talking about it. There was even a TV special hosted by renowned lawyer at the time, F. Lee Bailey. I can remember just sitting there and watching this so intensely. Why I was so mesmerized by this story at such a young age was a mystery? I guess this was one of the early things in life that would mold my personality going forward. Was I that taken with intrigue and controversy at only 8 years old?!!! This soon became a passion with me; however, it would soon take an ugly turn for the worse.

That TV special aired on WOR, that’s channel 9, on November 30, 1969. I can remember that so vividly—even though I can’t remember the last time I let the dog out today—because when I went to sleep that night—I had horrible nightmares. From there the nightmares continued, and became worse, and worse. What I became so innocently interested in, was now scaring the bejesus out of me every time I turned off the lights.

Fast forward—FORTY-FOUR YEARS later.

article-2329297-19F1A6A5000005DC-333_634x397Do I really want to jump into these Andy Kaufman alive rumors? OK—the good news is, he’s ALIVE, not dead like Paul was, so if it all comes to fruition—it will have a happy ending, right? I think so. Ah, let me just stick my toe in the water. OK—luke warm—not bad. So apparently he had a daughter AFTER he was pronounced dead, who is now coming clean with the story of HE LIVES!!! But, wait—-there are actually PICTURES of Andy on line that were taken RECENTLY? Well, I have to see that. Wait a minute . . . let me type it in . . . Andy Kaufman Alive . . . wait on it . . . wait on it. . . there they are . . . . HOLY CRAP ANDY KAUFMAN IS FREAKIN ALIVE!!! I have to call somebody . . . wait . . . it’s the middle of the night . . . I’ll text Will and VJ . . . they will be so excited to hear—-Latka Gravas is ALIVE and WELL and living in Albuquerque, New Mexico!!!

By this time, it’s the middle of the night, and of course as I undercover this mystery; there are others that are starting to peak my interest on “You Tube”. Do you know that there is ACTUALLY footage of Michael Jackson getting out of the ambulance once he reached Cedars-Sinai on the day he “supposedly” died? Yup—I saw it. It’s dark—but, it looks like him. And, what about Elvis? I mean, is there really any PROOF that he did indeed kick the bucket? And, if so, then what’s this picture of him taken through the screen door of Graceland only days AFTER his “supposed” death.

OK, it’s really getting late now. Nobody’s up. The house is quiet. I’M STARTING TO FREAK MYSELF OUT AGAIN!!! WHY AM I GOING BACK TO “PAUL MCCARTNEY IS DEAD” WEBSITES”!!!

MAC-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-63Well, this story has a happy ending. Being it is 2013, and we have hundreds of channels, not just SIX—I won’t be having nightmares because I don’t have to go to sleep. I can stay up until the sun rises watching continuous episodes of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”

Wait a minute . . . a last second thought . . . do you think Louie De Palma has been in contact with the living Andy?

Savio
06-06-2014, 01:06 PM
You ain't do shit to me.