PDA

View Full Version : Who will walk out of Money in the Bank as the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

GD
06-17-2014, 06:06 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ppv_matchups_teaser_large/public/match/thumb/2014/06/20140616_LIGHT_Match_DelRio_Sheamus_Orton_Bray_Cesaro_Cena_Reigns_HOMEPAGE.jpg

With the Money in the Bank pay-per-view coming up, I for one, cannot confidently pick a competitor to win the ladder match and become the new Heavyweight Champion. Who do you believe will become the next champion? Feel free to post your opinions :wave:

#1-norm-fan
06-17-2014, 06:45 AM
It's really tough to predict. I think the only two I would definitely rule out are Cesaro and Sheamus. I can see a SLIGHT chance they try to build up ADR again by having him win it for the shock factor, join up with the authority have tension with Orton and then ultimately just lose it back to Bryan.

If I had to take a guess right now... I would go with Roman Reigns. Kind of a toss up in my mind between him and Orton with Cena just behind and Wyatt as a dark horse.

Evil Vito
06-17-2014, 07:21 AM
<font color=goldenrod>It'll be Cena. Thought about Reigns, but I think he's more likely to come close to winning and will get screwed over by Triple H to begin building towards their Summerslam match.

With Bryan's status uncertain going forward and no idea if he'll be back in time for Summerslam, I have to assume they're getting the belt on Cena to put him in position to main event Summerslam again. If Bryan isn't ready to go by then, Cena/Lesnar seems possible. Their first match a couple years ago was excellent.</font>

Savio
06-17-2014, 07:27 AM
total shot in the dark

Asmo
06-17-2014, 08:34 AM
I'm guessing it's Cena. If it was my fed, i'd put the title back on the reliable, safe, trustworthy guy - only for Daniel Bryan to eventually come back and get it back.

GD
06-17-2014, 08:44 AM
I want Sheamus to win and run through all the main eventers only to tap out to a returning Daniel Bryan at Summer Slam.

Cool King
06-17-2014, 09:31 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ppv_matchups_teaser_large/public/match/thumb/2014/06/20140616_LIGHT_Match_DelRio_Sheamus_Orton_Bray_Cesaro_Cena_Reigns_HOMEPAGE.jpg

I find it somewhat interesting that Reigns is front and centre in that image, when it's usually Cena that is.

Heisenberg
06-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Gonna vote like I'm back in pre-Internet times, teehee, hope dad doesn't come home too drunk, teehee

road doggy dogg
06-17-2014, 09:46 AM
VIPER

Innovator
06-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Bray or Cesaro

Innovator
06-17-2014, 09:51 AM
I'd put it on Cesaro if they are going to do a Cesaro/Brock angle

Heisenberg
06-17-2014, 10:00 AM
moved this booking post to a new thread

road doggy dogg
06-17-2014, 10:01 AM
I'D LIKE TO CREAM PAIGE'S CROP

Heisenberg
06-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Sorry about booking so early, the pic spawned a bunch of ideas out.

Shadrick
06-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Orton or Cesaro.

mike adamle
06-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Orton probably

Nowhere Man
06-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Hmmmm.....

Sheamus and Del Rio both have zero chance of winning. Sheamus already has a title, and Del Rio has been treading water for about two years.

Cesaro has a small chance, but I don't see him winning either. I do think he'll be the stand-out performer in the match and get a decent push from that, but I don't see him taking the title for at least another year.

I don't see Randy winning, partially because his role has been reduced to an afterthought during the Daniel Bryan/Triple H thing and has barely had any mic time since he became window dressing for Evolution. Plus he just got done holding the belt for like nine months, and I just don't think I could stomach another run.

I can see Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt pulling off an upset win-- Roman winning would put the center spotlight on the Shield/Authority feud, with the 'defiant rebel' champion that they had with Daniel Bryan before he got hurt. Wyatt winning, on the other hand, would be a great 'shocking' moment, solidify the Wyatt Family as a threat to everyone, and make up for getting squashed over and over by Cena.

However, as much as I absolutely don't want to see it, my prediction is that Cena wins the match. With Bryan out of action, I fully expect Vince and company to panic and revert to their default holding pattern. Cena's still their top cash-cow, so while I hate to say it, he's the safe bet to win.

GD
06-17-2014, 01:13 PM
You fuckers with your love and admiration for Super Cena.

drave
06-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Definitely not love and admiration here, just the norm.

ron the dial
06-17-2014, 02:17 PM
i love and admire him. still hate to say he's the bet option here. hoping for bray, but i can't see them doing that just yet. no other option seems that enticing.

Emperor Smeat
06-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Leaning towards Cena with Bray as the dark horse pick.

Cena winning would fit the typical WWE panic move of them always falling back to Cena whenever something goes wrong. Also the least likely to be negatively affected as a transitional champion for Bryan once he returns.

Doubt anyone wants to see another Del Rio or Orton reign so that only leaves Bray left if a heel needs to win. Would be way too early for Reigns, Sheamus has better use right now as just the US champion, and while it would be nice, can't see Cesaro winning it right now.

Vastardikai
06-17-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm going with Cena for the same reason Vince probably will: He's the safe option.

That said, it IS kind of odd that the man front and center in the graphic is Reigns...

ron the dial
06-17-2014, 05:13 PM
if you're trying to build him as a top face, you may as well treat him like one on the way up.

drave
06-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Reigns or Wyatt really.

teamXtremist
06-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Don't think their gonna put reigns over just yet. cena is the obvious answer but I could see bray Wyatt finally get a shot as the heel champ

DAMN iNATOR
06-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Daniel Bryan swerve. And that's my 110% serious opinion too.

Savio
06-17-2014, 08:22 PM
I can see ADR winning it then losing it to Lesnar who loses it to someone at SS

GD
06-17-2014, 09:26 PM
This is their best bet to make a monster heel out of Sheamus.

Tazz Dan
06-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Randy Orton will win with an RKO OUT OF NOWHERE.

Tazz Dan
06-17-2014, 09:38 PM
But seriously, I honestly think either Cesaro, Roman, or Bray will get the win. Just have a feeling they'll go in that direction.

GD
06-17-2014, 09:50 PM
http://messageinabottleblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/limes.gif

bigpoppapump
06-17-2014, 10:36 PM
IMO, nobody should even be that close to the Nature Boy's 16x reign as champ.

How in the fuck is Cena a 14x champ?

or

Orton being a 12x champ?

That shit, right there, is fucking absurd.

2 things should've/should never happen.............

1. Undertaker retires with the streak intact.
2. Nobody ties or breaks Flair's 16x reign as champ.

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Roman Reigns.

Sepholio
06-19-2014, 12:39 AM
Wyatt, Orton or Cesaro will win it, and that is the order of likelihood for me.

They are going to put it on a heel; they almost HAVE to. Why put it on a face when Bryan will be back in a few weeks to reclaim it? This is why I am going with Wyatt. Wyatt was in that feud with Bryan a few months ago and as I've said before, it ended way too abruptly. If Bryan is coming back soonish and will be thrust right back into the title scene as is being predicted by many, Wyatt makes the most sense at this point. Gives Bryan a huge 'heel' to come back and triumph over and it closes out their feud properly. Also, with WWE employees stating recently that they see Wyatt becoming a face in the near future due to his popularity, this may be the only chance he gets to have a run as a champ in his current form; WWE might use this as a testing ground to see whether or not to keep him heel or turn him face.

Orton might win, as well, due to obvious reasons. Blah blah evolution, blah blah first WWE World Heavyweight Champ, blah blah never got his title rematch after the loss to Bryan and blah blah Orton was never pinned. Having Orton win and then drop the title back to Bryan lets the WWE escape without having to have Bryan go over another one of their 'big dogs' in the process.

Cesaro is my dark horse, but I don't see him getting the nod just yet. Hell, he can hardly handle RVD right now. They are giving him the slow push and I like it. Besides, in terms of Heyman guys, Lesnar will win the title before Cesaro.

Reigns has a slight chance of winning since he is Vince's new golden boy, but he is still a little green around the gills and unproven as a solo character. Seeing as The Shield is apparently fading away, I see them giving Reigns a little time to develop in the singles role before handing him the strap.

Cena won't win it this time, even though it has been awhile. Maybe next WM or Rumble or something, but not quite yet. Besides, he is supposed to be going into a program with Rusev soon according to some of the dirt sheets. Don't see them putting Rusev in the title scene yet. And really, who would Cena feud with over the title until Bryan gets back? And when Bryan gets back, why would he fight with Cena? Just because of the title? Nah. In saying that though, in the event they 'split' the titles again by having 2 men grab a title, I see it being Bray with one and Cena with the other. They then have a final match in their feud at SS and re-unify the titles, probably with Wyatt winning so he can hand them back to Bryan the next month. Could happen like that.

Sheamus already has a title atm. He isn't winning this one. Absolutely NO chance. Plus with him possibly going into a feud with Bray that would tend to lean more towards my idea of Bray winning it. Sheamus will bridge the gap for Wyatt until Bryan comes back. An interim feud, if you will.

Alberto is leaving soon. He isn't winning this. Him being put in the match at all was kind of surprising, but one last PPV main event might be a kind of thank you to him for his services over the past few years.

TL;DR? I was possessed by Noid. Not my fault.

Sepholio
06-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Daniel Bryan swerve. And that's my 110% serious opinion too.

CM Punk swerve. :shifty:

Vastardikai
06-19-2014, 01:13 AM
I don't get why everyone is so intent on crippling Daniel Bryan. :nono:

FUCKING NECK SURGERY, people. Unless you want him to end up like Paul Orndorff (one arm noticeably larger than the other due to nerve damage and atrophy)...

Personally, I'd rather he took however long it's gonna take to heal than rush his return and possibly put him in a wheel chair.

#1-norm-fan
06-19-2014, 01:23 AM
I would also prefer Daniel Bryan take a very, very, very, very long time to return.

Shisen Kopf
06-19-2014, 01:39 AM
Poop jokes

DAMN iNATOR
06-19-2014, 03:52 AM
I don't get why everyone is so intent on crippling Daniel Bryan. :nono:

FUCKING NECK SURGERY, people. Unless you want him to end up like Paul Orndorff (one arm noticeably larger than the other due to nerve damage and atrophy)...

Personally, I'd rather he took however long it's gonna take to heal than rush his return and possibly put him in a wheel chair.

My thinking is that while his injury was probably legit, it just seemed really forced the other night on RAW when Cole stated that it was taking DB much longer to recover than had been expected. I don't want him rushed back too soon either, but the other thing that smells kind of fishy about this whole thing is that a ladder match for the biggest prize in WWE involves 7 superstars. Not 6. Not 8. FUCKING 7. Just seems like they might be (not saying they ARE) fudging the truth about his condition and he could return anytime but they want him as a literal last-second (i.e., mid-to-end of-match) "surprise participant" who just so happens to claim the titles again.

I know it's not at all likely that any of that will happen, nor should it. Just expressing an opinion here, that's all.

Vastardikai
06-19-2014, 01:00 PM
My thinking is that while his injury was probably legit, it just seemed really forced the other night on RAW when Cole stated that it was taking DB much longer to recover than had been expected. I don't want him rushed back too soon either, but the other thing that smells kind of fishy about this whole thing is that a ladder match for the biggest prize in WWE involves 7 superstars. Not 6. Not 8. FUCKING 7. Just seems like they might be (not saying they ARE) fudging the truth about his condition and he could return anytime but they want him as a literal last-second (i.e., mid-to-end of-match) "surprise participant" who just so happens to claim the titles again.

I know it's not at all likely that any of that will happen, nor should it. Just expressing an opinion here, that's all.

I can understand that, as well. I just wonder what the hell they were expecting? John Cena needed 5 months after neck surgery, and that was rather rushed.

Sepholio
06-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Well Kurt Angle won the Olympics with a BROKEN FREAKING NECK so Bryan is a total poon.

Vastardikai
06-19-2014, 02:05 PM
I'd hope that Bryan doesn't end up crazy and delusional like Angle, Either.

drave
06-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Well Kurt Angle won the Olympics with a BROKEN FREAKING NECK so Bryan is a total poon.

USA USA USA #1

Dark One
06-22-2014, 02:46 AM
I'm hoping for something crazy like Dean Ambrose winning the briefcase, Reigns winning the title, and Ambrose immediately cashing it in and stealing it from him.

I mean, if they're going to do basically nothing with the Shield breaking up, they may as well.

In reality, I imagine it'll be Cena or Orton.

Sepholio
06-22-2014, 03:46 AM
I will be bummed if they give it to Cena. Not saying he doesn't deserve it since it has been awhile since he held the title but it is too obvious of a choice.

#1-norm-fan
06-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Eh. I don't think obvious is bad when it comes to who holds the title. The obvious choice is usually the top guy. And the top guy should have the title. Makes it matter.

drave
06-22-2014, 10:57 AM
I think what most are after is that obvious is bad because it takes the "wow" factor out of the end result.

Here's hoping that most of us are wrong and we get some sorta SWEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVE.

drave
06-22-2014, 10:58 AM
That said, the comment isn't meant to take anything away from what should be a very entertaining match. Just that when Cena is in the picture, usually Cena wins and bleh.

XL
06-22-2014, 02:12 PM
There's a lot of interesting things they can set up from this match. None of them come from Cena winning.

Sepholio
06-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Hey, if Cena wins and drops the title to Bray I'll consider it a win.

DAMN iNATOR
06-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Eh...I'll bet even Cena doesn't want and/or think he needs a 15th title run.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2014, 06:47 PM
I had a huge thing typed up and it got deleted. Probably a relief to most of you. Basically, the only guys that really wouldn't make sense to give the big win to are Sheamus and Del Rio. It's not that they have no chance, but the other options are just far more compelling (yes, even Orton winning).

My heart would love to see it go to Cesaro, and I'd mark out if he did win the match, but I just can't see it happening. It wouldn't be the most shocking thing ever though. I see Reigns looking like the "true" winner of the match, only to be screwed out of it by Triple H. In the wake of that chaos, Orton ascends the ladder, but he is foiled by Cena, who battles him on the ladder and knocks him off. We get a moment where it looks very likely that Cena is going to be the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Suddenly, Cesaro springboards onto the ladder and uppercuts Cena off it. In my perfect world, Cesaro would then grab down the belts in a "Holy shit! He actually did it!" moment. Cena would then chase Cesaro heading into Battleground, Orton would battle Reigns, Wyatt would face Sheamus and Ambrose would face Rollins. But I see Wyatt dumping Cesaro off the ladder, pulling down the titles and achieving his absolution and becoming the "sure thing" that many think he is.

#1-norm-fan
06-23-2014, 02:07 AM
Just that when Cena is in the picture, usually Cena wins and bleh.

The "Ugh, Cena wins" thing has been shown plenty of times to be untrue and a ridiculous thing for people to complain about. The guy loses more than any #1 face in the history of wrestling and people bitch like he's undefeated over the past 10 + years.

Even if he did actually win as much as people wanna believe, the top face should be nearly unbeatable to justify his spot in kayfabe and make it a huge deal when he does lose. He doesn't though. There's NO credibility to the "Ugh, Cena ALWAYS wins" complaint.

Mr. Nerfect
06-23-2014, 06:43 AM
Cena winning this match wouldn't even be a bad thing.

drave
06-23-2014, 11:23 AM
It isn't about how many wins/losses, just that most people want to see someone else in that spot. Sometimes that can be a good thing, other times not so much. I don't mind Cena too much, just ready to see some new talent. Love the fact that Bray has been catapulted to the top in his feud with Cena. Would like to see Cena used in that regard moving forward.

drave
06-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Cena winning this match wouldn't even be a bad thing.

I am torn here. I understand they need to "play it safe" or whatever you wanna call it, and he is the safe bet. At the same time, there are many other great talents in the match that could use the rub. Not saying that they have to win to get the rub, a good talent will get the other talents "over" without having to win. More so than anything, I am just bored with Cena.

Mr. Nerfect
06-23-2014, 08:39 PM
I agree with you there. Cena winning wouldn't be bad, but I'm not sure if it would be the best option. A WWE.com poll asked who people most want to see clash with Brock Lesnar, and Roman Reigns was winning with like 50% of the vote. People are oozing for that match. Pull the trigger, make money now. Give Reigns the epic moment of winning the titles.

Reigns goes on to face Randy Orton at Battleground. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins can have a one-on-one match that provides us with that "great match." Coming out of Money in the Bank, Cena and Cesaro can still have issues without the title involved. Those two would have another great match at Money in the Bank (and think about how fresh Cena interacting with Paul Heyman would actually be). Sheamus and Bray Wyatt can extend their current rivalry into a bout for the United States Championship, even if it seems a step below Wyatt at this point in time. Maybe Wyatt can win the title and destroy it? That could be a way to retire one of the secondary titles and give Sheamus a reason to want to kick Wyatt's head off in some sort of violent gimmick match at SummerSlam. The Usos and The Family can have another clash, perhaps in a Ladder Match (despite Money in the Bank featuring two), which would allow the styles of Jimmy, Jey and Luke Harper to really shine.

For SummerSlam, you have Paul Heyman approach Triple H about taking care of Roman Reigns by sending Brock Lesnar after him. Cesaro is also charged with keeping down the returning Daniel Bryan. John Cena has an awkward teaming with Dean Ambrose heading into a tag team clash with Randy Orton & Seth Rollins. Then there's aforementioned gimmick match between Bray Wyatt and Sheamus.

Reigns then either faces Triple H or Cesaro at Night of Champions, with Daniel Bryan possibly facing either Triple H (if Cesaro gets the nod) or Bray Wyatt (if Triple H faces Reigns). In that scenario, put Cesaro against Sami Zayn, who wins the IC Title between now and then.

Savio
06-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Is the the closest kane has come in years to holding the WWF title? like legitimately storyline wise it seems like the right thing to do.

Sepholio
06-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Yeah it is def the closest he has been in a long time. I really hope he wins it now that he is in. Not too many people more deserving of a title run than he is.

Shadrick
06-26-2014, 10:26 AM
The "Ugh, Cena wins" thing has been shown plenty of times to be untrue and a ridiculous thing for people to complain about. The guy loses more than any #1 face in the history of wrestling and people bitch like he's undefeated over the past 10 + years.

Even if he did actually win as much as people wanna believe, the top face should be nearly unbeatable to justify his spot in kayfabe and make it a huge deal when he does lose. He doesn't though. There's NO credibility to the "Ugh, Cena ALWAYS wins" complaint.

There was for a long time though. The last 3 years have been a different story, but the 7 before that....it was more than likely "ugh Cena ALWAYS wins" mentality, and it had a little more merit.

I don't even think people get mad when Cena wins, its usually just how he ends up winning, or who he beats, in what circumstances.

Sepholio
06-26-2014, 11:40 AM
I think it is more or less because WWE basically choreograph Cena wins. You can pretty much call a Cena win from a mile away. It's something with how they build up to big Cena matches, almost like they are letting you know in advance that he is not to be underestimated. Can't exactly point out what it is, it is just a feeling I get during the build up.

Usually with other high caliber stars and matches, you are left wondering who will win or how or something. You just don't know what exactly is going to happen. 4/5 times with Cena, it's the exact same match. He comes out strong, then gets pummeled a bit, then goes super saiyan Cena and wins with the AA.

I dunno, it's like they just use Cena when they are phoning it in. Can't put my finger on it.

Really don't think he is winning this one though.

Innovator
06-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Kane has won 3 matches since losing to Bray Wyatt.

Savio
06-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Swagger won Zero before becoming WHC

Savio
06-26-2014, 04:49 PM
and to be fair Kane took some time off after that match until the Royal Rumble

James Steele
06-27-2014, 03:03 AM
I can see Cena winning because Brock/Cena III would be a huge main event for SummerSlam and even add more fuel to the fire.

GD
06-27-2014, 04:48 AM
I want Brock to annihilate Cena at SummerSlam and become the first person to become a WWE World Heavyweight Champion and WWE Undisputed Champion.

#1-norm-fan
06-27-2014, 06:50 AM
I don't even think people get mad when Cena wins, its usually just how he ends up winning, or who he beats, in what circumstances.

I think it is more or less because WWE basically choreograph Cena wins. You can pretty much call a Cena win from a mile away. It's something with how they build up to big Cena matches, almost like they are letting you know in advance that he is not to be underestimated. Can't exactly point out what it is, it is just a feeling I get during the build up.

Usually with other high caliber stars and matches, you are left wondering who will win or how or something. You just don't know what exactly is going to happen. 4/5 times with Cena, it's the exact same match. He comes out strong, then gets pummeled a bit, then goes super saiyan Cena and wins with the AA.

I dunno, it's like they just use Cena when they are phoning it in. Can't put my finger on it.

Really don't think he is winning this one though.

Pretty much. Also any Cena gimmick match ends in a 'duct-tape' BS finish these days. You're right about being able to call certain wins and spots from a mile away.

I wish I could go back and read all the comments from the three of you when Cena was facing Daniel Bryan or Randy Orton or Edge before that or Rob Van Dam or CM Punk or The fucking Miz...

Because for the most part, people were bitching that "Ugh, we already know Cena is gonna win" and then promptly shut the fuck up when he didn't win only to act like he "ALWAYS wins in these situations" the next time. That's my point. Most main attractions RARELY lost. Nor should they have. And people understood why. Cena loses WAY too much and people just ignore it and complain that he doesn't lose enough. It's ridiculous. Cena should lose so sparingly that other guys, in kayfabe, should strive to do what he does. Yet he doesn't even come close to that and people bitch. Makes no sense.

Shisen Kopf
06-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Guys, I think we are overlooking a surprise entrant winning: MG Purse.

#1-norm-fan
06-27-2014, 06:58 AM
M.T. Hearse is a dark horse.

Sepholio
06-27-2014, 12:54 PM
I wish I could go back and read all the comments from the three of you when Cena was facing Daniel Bryan or Randy Orton or Edge before that or Rob Van Dam or CM Punk or The fucking Miz...

Because for the most part, people were bitching that "Ugh, we already know Cena is gonna win" and then promptly shut the fuck up when he didn't win only to act like he "ALWAYS wins in these situations" the next time. That's my point. Most main attractions RARELY lost. Nor should they have. And people understood why. Cena loses WAY too much and people just ignore it and complain that he doesn't lose enough. It's ridiculous. Cena should lose so sparingly that other guys, in kayfabe, should strive to do what he does. Yet he doesn't even come close to that and people bitch. Makes no sense.

Go back. Find my posts. You can't. I didn't post that much, especially in this forum. But you know what you're talking about. So do it. Hell, if you actually read this thread you would see I don't even have Cena on my radar for this match. I said a heel is going to win it, and I think it will be Bray.

But I digress. You are right. Everyone should strive to be given the title 14 times. With the same gimmick. The same order of moves almost every match. The same tired old routine.

Get real. People have been right in calling his wins WAY more often than they were wrong. It's how he is booked. He may lose more often than not in the build up to big matches. But when it comes time for the big one, I'd say about 75% of the time he goes Super Cena and wins.

#1-norm-fan
06-27-2014, 03:03 PM
I did say "for the most part". I don't know for sure if you are personally part of that majority but the rest of that post makes you sound like it.

You say "People have been right in calling his wins WAY more often than they were wrong." ... as if the top face in the company should lose half of his matches. They're wrong a lot. At a higher rate than they would have been with any other top face ever. The guy has put so many guys over I'm surprised beating Cena is still effective. Yet every time people go right back to acting like he never loses the next month.

el bobbo
06-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Seth Rollins wins the first match, then cashes in on Cena or Reigns after he wins his match.

Sepholio
06-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Have you considered that maybe people are just tired of stale old Cena actually being the top face in the company? Maybe that's why people are so stoked over Daniel Bryan? Because he's fresh and it's good to see someone else getting a run as the top face instead of the same guy it has been for the last decade?

I don't even particularly like Daniel Bryan but just the fact that he was in the top spot for once made the product have a completely different feel than it has for awhile now. That's a good thing.

People fear Cena returning to the spotlight and the title picture. It's been what, a couple years since he had the title now. I honestly don't have a problem with him getting the title at this point because it has been so long and he does alot for the company. Do I like the thought of him at the top again? No. But I understand it. But you have to realize with Bryan out now, people are probably like "UHG Cena is gonna get Bryan's push now". People have not forgotten that for several years there Cena was champion more often than not and that whenever he lost the title, you knew he was going to get it back within a few months. Everyone is just tired of the 'same old thing', and unfortunately for Cena, he is the center piece of that perceived 'same old thing'. He is the king of the PG era.

Sepholio
06-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Seth Rollins wins the first match, then cashes in on Cena or Reigns after he wins his match.

I can see this happening. Rollins wins the match, Reigns wins the title (unfortunately, because he isn't ready for that quite yet, IMO).

Rollins then challenges Reigns for the title, and is about to win when Ambrose comes out and interferes, getting Reigns DQ'ed while still getting to keep the title, and adding some extra flair to the Rollins/Ambrose feud. It also upsets Reigns that Ambrose costs him a possible clean win in his first title defense and forms a rift between them that explains away The Shield breaking up completely.

teamXtremist
06-29-2014, 11:51 PM
I mean it couldn't be cena right lol

DAMN iNATOR
06-30-2014, 07:04 AM
Hopefully Rollins decides not to wait and cashes in tonight.

drave
06-30-2014, 07:13 AM
No interest in Cena v Lesnar at all :(

Finish to the MITB felt..... I dunno the right word for it... dull maybe? The briefcase ladder match was leagues above the title ladder match tonight.

drave
06-30-2014, 07:14 AM
Hopefully Rollins decides not to wait and cashes in tonight.

Really thought he would have last night after a post-match beatdown by DEMON KANE *pyro explodes* and/or everyone else.

But no, the majority saw it coming a mile away :|