PDA

View Full Version : Is WWE being cheap, stupid or both? (RAW Spoilers)

dablackguy
10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Make no mistake, I don't have a problem with how HITC is booked. Of course, I'm really hoping for another Ambrose and Rollins match (this time in the cell) but with the way the Cena/Lesnar at night of champions finished, the logical next step was to have them go at HITC in the cell.

Cena/Lesnar and Rollins/Ambrose both HITC seems like a much stronger card to me. Though, that would probably have to be the end for the Rollins/Ambrose feud.

The common belief is that Brock demands some absurd amount of money per appearance. You get the sense that that played into this. Seems entirely logical to continue to build Brock as an unstoppable monster and have him tear Cena apart in the cell.

Yet, that's not what we're getting. Interestingly, I think the network plays a bit of a part in this. Since you're not pushing for buys anymore, why shell out the money for Brock when there's probably no return on it. Despite it probably being best for business.

So I return you to the original question. Stupid? Cheap? Both?

Damian Rey
10-07-2014, 06:23 PM
I think having Brock only wrestle on ppv is brilliant. It creates a legitimate draw and reason to watch the ppv. With that said, if the idea was to eventually put the title on Brock, they should have restructured his deal. Not having the belt, or the champ, on a HITC ppv is absurd. Hell, they could have made it a fatal four way match, giving everyone the chance to get their hands on Rollins. Then have Cena get pinned and further that story. It mashes no sense Brock wouldn't want to destroy Rollins as well.

Simple Fan
10-07-2014, 06:33 PM
They think we are dumb is the problem.

Savio
10-07-2014, 09:24 PM
I would rather they kept Brock away from Cena.....I'd rather they keep any wrestler I like away from Cena.

Sixx
10-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Cheap and both, but not stupid.

Clerk
10-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Is this a serious thread question? What an idiot

Razzamajazz
10-07-2014, 10:43 PM
calling WWE booked instead of written.

lol smarks

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2014, 06:21 AM
I think having Brock only wrestle on ppv is brilliant. It creates a legitimate draw and reason to watch the ppv. With that said, if the idea was to eventually put the title on Brock, they should have restructured his deal. Not having the belt, or the champ, on a HITC ppv is absurd. Hell, they could have made it a fatal four way match, giving everyone the chance to get their hands on Rollins. Then have Cena get pinned and further that story. It mashes no sense Brock wouldn't want to destroy Rollins as well.

They addressed Brock's feelings on Rollins when Heyman tried to nut up to Triple H on the Raw after Night of Champions. In kayfabe, it's a smarter business move to just let it go. Also in kayfabe, it makes sense for a champion as dominant as Brock to just sit back and wait for a worthy contender. "I'm not a sports entertainer. I'm an ass kicker".

CSL
10-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Brock has a contract with a set amount of dates, it's not like he's paid per appearance how the first post suggests. So cheap doesn't really come into it. Not up to date with the "product" so couldn't answer the rest.

XL
10-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Brock has a contract with a set amount of dates, it's not like he's paid per appearance how the first post suggests. So cheap doesn't really come into it. Not up to date with the "product" so couldn't answer the rest.

I thought his contract was structured so that if he was champion they could add dates. Of course, Brock would have to agree tho those dates. There's also an element of not pushing it with Brock if they're hoping to re-sign him next year.

Ruien
10-08-2014, 06:05 PM
There are far to many PPVs as it is. For the title to sit out one of the weaker ones is probably a good thing. Gives a legit feeling when it is around. Build up the IC title as a legit title that important people want for these type of PPVs.

whiteyford
10-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Pretty much what the last few posters have said, if he was at HIAC then its a safe bet it'd be against Cena, having guys feud to become the #1 contender gives that position a little more prestige and gives them something meaningful to do which can branch out to other feuds when its settled. Brock appearing at every PPV waters down his appeal to an extent and HIAC is a filler event really so why not hold him off till Survivor Series.

CSL
10-09-2014, 09:49 AM
I thought his contract was structured so that if he was champion they could add dates. Of course, Brock would have to agree tho those dates. There's also an element of not pushing it with Brock if they're hoping to re-sign him next year.

no idea on the extra dates stuff but he obviously still has dates to fulfil on his current deal so they wouldn't have to add anything. Unless they're really worried he may not re-sign and are stretching his present deal out as long as possible (I'd assume towards Mania) I don't see it as having anything to do with being cheap given they're clearly willing to pay him good money and make concessions whilst doing it

Dukelorange
10-09-2014, 11:14 AM
I would say that the WWE would have already talked to Brock's people before they put the title on him. It would be EXTREMELY stupid on their part to put the title on him THEN negotiate the contract modifications.

Heisenberg
10-09-2014, 12:12 PM
ON YOUR KNEES, HANDS ON YOUR HEAD OP, YOU'RE GOING DOWNTOWN BUSTER!!

Get LL Cool J down here to clean this place up, smells like death. I got the target detained and I'm booking him

drave
10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Arrested for posting while black.