PDA

View Full Version : WWE releases Justin Roberts

slik
10-14-2014, 01:01 AM
WWE has chosen to not exercise its option to renew ring announcer Justin Roberts' contract. Effective immediately, Roberts is released from WWE.

WWE wishes him the best in all his future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/justin-roberts-contract-not-renewed-26726645

:(

Shadrick
10-14-2014, 01:04 AM
wow

Simple Fan
10-14-2014, 01:09 AM
TNA is foaming at the mouth.

Damian Rey
10-14-2014, 01:26 AM
He's the best they got. Who's taking his place?

Disturbed316
10-14-2014, 01:32 AM
Wow, surprised by this.

DAMN iNATOR
10-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Came in here hoping the thread title was referring to releasing him from http://cdn3-www.wrestlezone.com/assets/uploads/2010/06/file_178369_0_daniel.jpg

But seriously, though...I'm both shocked and disappointed in this move seemingly out of nowhere by WWE.

Juan
10-14-2014, 03:46 AM
Can't say I'm too sad about this...

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-14-2014, 04:12 AM
Holy shit. Felt that he was going to be a lifer.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-14-2014, 04:18 AM
He's the best they got. Who's taking his place?

The Fink is the best they got.

They have a few that can do it.

1. Lilian Garcia
2. Tony Chimel
3. Eden/Brandi Rhodes.
4. Byron Sexton.
5. Jojo Offerman.

Tazz Dan
10-14-2014, 04:31 AM
Woah, he was the best announcer they had. Legit shocked by this.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-14-2014, 04:32 AM
Yep, he had the best announcement of the Undertaker and Triple H ( 2008 era)

Tazz Dan
10-14-2014, 04:41 AM
He was the best they currently have, period.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-14-2014, 04:46 AM
If Howard Finkel isn't coming out of road-retirement that is true. Probably not coming out of road-retirement.

Destor
10-14-2014, 05:02 AM
If Howard Finkel isn't coming out of road-retirement that is true. Probably not coming out of road-retirement.there's no "probably" to it.

Cool King
10-14-2014, 06:30 AM
Wow, this sucks.

It's already been said, but he actually was the best they had. I'm slightly confused as to why they wouldn't renew his contract, but now, I wonder who's going to take his place next week.

It could be Lillian, or a worrying thought would be that Lillian remains on SmackDown and Raw gets someone completely new, which if that happens, I'm so sure it'll be a woman, as the WWE seem to be really wanting to push women into prominent roles within the company these days.

I just hope that if it is some new woman, that her voice doesn't sound like nails on a chalkboard, like a few female ring announcers have sounded like in the past.

Cool King
10-14-2014, 06:33 AM
Also, what a way to go.

You arrive at work like any other day, you do your job, then as soon as you finish for the day, you get told that you don't have a job anymore.

ClockShot
10-14-2014, 07:27 AM
So, Raw was his last show? Wonder what it felt like when he got in back when it was all over?

Not many names come to mind aside from Tony Chimel and Lillian Garcia who can take over. Should be interesting this or next week to see who gets the job.

ron the dial
10-14-2014, 08:58 AM
he sucked.

Shisen Kopf
10-14-2014, 09:07 AM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120509104004/prowrestling/images/0/0f/Mike_McGuirk.2.jpg

Bring her back

ron the dial
10-14-2014, 09:08 AM
seriously they can't do any worse than justin roberts. he was the absolute pits.

Heisenberg
10-14-2014, 09:13 AM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120509104004/prowrestling/images/0/0f/Mike_McGuirk.2.jpg

Bring her back

OMG, so cute, #memories

road doggy dogg
10-14-2014, 09:14 AM
thnks fr th mmrs

Heisenberg
10-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Well stick two wieners in the microwave, did not see that coming. I think his face will find work, I hold no hatred to him, but I don't think he was the best at anything. That cutie from back then though that Shisen posted, what trailer park is she at these days?

screech
10-14-2014, 09:22 AM
He was at least better than the girl on NXT. Can't stand her.

Vastardikai
10-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Now who am I going to insult when they come to the airport?

slik
10-14-2014, 09:27 AM
- Some have speculated Justin Roberts was let go for a wellness violation. Others have said it is to make room for Kevin Nash, who WWE has been thinking about bringing back in a non-wrestling capacity. There is a good chance Kevin Nash will be the new full-time ring announcer for the RAW brand. Only time will tell what is accurate and what is hearsay.

- Ryan Clark, tpww.net

Clerk
10-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Ryan Clerk*

VSG
10-14-2014, 09:53 AM
If Nash is the new Raw announcer then I am completely ok with this.

ClockShot
10-14-2014, 10:36 AM
What's Scott Steiner doing these days?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-YVNP1G0KSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Cool King
10-14-2014, 10:43 AM
If Nash is the new Raw announcer then I am completely ok with this.

If he is, then hopefully he'll use the name "Chet Lemon".

Damian Rey
10-14-2014, 12:10 PM
The guy (not Michael Buffer) from WCW wasn't bad.

Seth82
10-14-2014, 12:10 PM
bring back Gary Cappetta
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/Tummat/GaryMichaelCappettayoung_zps5d818cf2.jpg

Tazz Dan
10-14-2014, 01:04 PM
he sucked.

3 day ban.

ron the dial
10-14-2014, 01:09 PM
you wouldn't dare!

Shisen Kopf
10-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Well stick two wieners in the microwave, did not see that coming. I think his face will find work, I hold no hatred to him, but I don't think he was the best at anything. That cutie from back then though that Shisen posted, what trailer park is she at these days?

http://youtu.be/NsuLYx0jr3Y

Emperor Smeat
10-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Wow, this sucks.

It's already been said, but he actually was the best they had. I'm slightly confused as to why they wouldn't renew his contract, but now, I wonder who's going to take his place next week.

It could be Lillian, or a worrying thought would be that Lillian remains on SmackDown and Raw gets someone completely new, which if that happens, I'm so sure it'll be a woman, as the WWE seem to be really wanting to push women into prominent roles within the company these days.

Money problems mostly because of the Network struggling and how badly the WWE has bungled things recently.

Lillian seems like a safe bet or maybe Cody Rhodes wife for the short term until they find someone else.

Droford
10-14-2014, 04:33 PM
At least we know it won't be Eva Marie.

erickman
10-14-2014, 04:38 PM
If he is, then hopefully he'll use the name "Chet Lemon".

i would like to see booker nash and stiener invade raw

owenbrown
10-14-2014, 04:50 PM
The guy (not Michael Buffer) from WCW wasn't bad.

http://photos.imageevent.com/pizon/wcwnwopromos/David%20Penzer%20num1.jpg

owenbrown
10-14-2014, 04:51 PM
couldn't hear him 95% of the time in WCW because the announce team was ALWAYS TALKING OVER HIM

Jura
10-14-2014, 04:52 PM
I disliked the way Roberts introduced Cena. I could do without it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mp3jAarQAsY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

XL
10-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Nash as Ring Announcer!? They wouldn't, would they?

JimmyMess
10-14-2014, 05:52 PM
From our wonderful front page news:

UPDATE x 2: As previously reported, WWE.com announced late last night following RAW that ring announcer Justin Roberts is no longer with the company, effective immediately.

According to numerous reports from fans who were at RAW last night, Justin Roberts was seen yelling at Michael Cole during the Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler match. One fan also noted that he clearly saw Roberts looking “pissed off” throughout the night and flipped off Cole at one point. After RAW concluded, he was informed by Kevin Dunn that he would be released. For what it’s worth, several sources claim something definitely happened during or backstage at RAW and that led to Roberts being fired immediately following the show.

Justin Roberts is scheduled to be a guest on Chris Jericho’s podcast this Friday and you can expect them to discuss what led to his WWE departure.

Curtis
10-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Haha Cole owned his corny ass.

Curtis
10-14-2014, 07:15 PM
I never liked Justin Roberts because hes one of those good looking guy types that get all the girls.
Anyway obligatory "Whats Robert Justin doing here at Dominos?!?"

James Steele
10-14-2014, 07:53 PM
I love David Penzer. I hope they get David Penzer.

Theo Dious
10-14-2014, 08:08 PM
According to the front page Mike Tenay's contract is up in a couple months. If WWE hires his ass I am leaving the planet.

JimmyMess
10-14-2014, 08:10 PM
I don't even think in an alternate universe that Tenay would be hired by WWE

Cool King
10-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Mike Tenay at all.

Nicky Fives
10-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Eden Stiles does a decent job and looks better than him in a tight dress [/thread]

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-15-2014, 12:59 AM
Can't wait for Jericho's podcast on Friday. Holy shit. Seems like a must-download.

Dark One
10-15-2014, 01:55 AM
Can't wait for Jericho's podcast on Friday. Holy shit. Seems like a must-download.

Spoiler: Probably recorded before he was released.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-15-2014, 02:31 AM
Maybe...maybe not. There's a quick turn around on podcasts.

Tazz Dan
10-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Fair chance it was pre recorded. He did a heap before his tour with Fozzy.

Emmett Gulley
10-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Wow, this sucks.

I just hope that if it is some new woman, that her voice doesn't sound like nails on a chalkboard, like a few female ring announcers have sounded like in the past.

they didn't release him due to contract issues. Several fans have reported both Justin and Michael got into it at RAW Monday night and Roberts gave Cole the finger. and to add insult to injury, Kevin Dunn told Roberts after RAW ended.

Keep in mind though that Roberts has yet to make a statement, so I am guessing there is more to the story than what is being reported.

Emmett Gulley
10-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Fair chance it was pre recorded. He did a heap before his tour with Fozzy.

The podcast is tomorrow as far as recording it, so i am guessing Jericho will talk about it and there are reports that he will. Roberts has never been a guest on the podcast so this will be one to watch/listen to

Big Vic
10-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Will be TNA champ by the end of the year.
Also, what a way to go.

You arrive at work like any other day, you do your job, then as soon as you finish for the day, you get told that you don't have a job anymore.
Heard he was not released but WWE just did not want to renew his contract, so he might have known it was coming.

Tazz Dan
10-16-2014, 04:56 AM
The podcast is tomorrow as far as recording it, so i am guessing Jericho will talk about it and there are reports that he will. Roberts has never been a guest on the podcast so this will be one to watch/listen to

Nearly as worth listening to as this one.

(On my phone, can't embed)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bvudu8xfOKo&feature=youtu.be

**Spoiler Alert** it's the episode I did with him.

Emperor Smeat
10-16-2014, 06:05 PM
According to JBL there was no "fight" and not even he nor Cole know why Roberts got released.

I saw on the Internet that Michael Cole and Justin Roberts got into a fight at ringside-during a live Raw. Do you realize how preposterous this is? Michael has ZERO break during the three hours (King and I barely have enough to tweet!), we go straight to WWE App during commercials (which Maggle is so helpful in showing everyone how to download) and back to TV action. This 'fight' never happened and couldn't have happened due to lack of time. I have no idea how these things start-but happy that people care enough to write about what we do and what goes on, sometimes though the 'news' is wrong as in this case.

I wish Justin the best obviously and I know nothing of his departure other than what was announced-but wanted to clear this up as the Internet was buying this for fact for some reason.

I do want to wish Maggle a happy birthday (yesterday) I do think Maggle is the best play by play guy WWE has ever had, and before all of you hop on the JR or Gorilla bandwagon-I mean no insult to either of those guys, both all time greats. I have worked with Michael since my broadcast start and have never seen anyone better-that is obviously subject to my opinion. The stuff he has to do with all the social media, app, network, etc makes his job the hardest play by play in the world imo and as much as I love getting him on air, I think he is great at it.

Now, I just hope this monster hurricane somehow misses Bermuda!!

Cool King
10-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Justin Robert's left a little announcement on his Instagram account.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/qqxzdd.jpg

It might sound cliche, but I am truly overwhelmed & humbled by the messages I've received. As a kid who grew up loving & living for professional wrestling, I was able to chase, catch & live an impossible dream. I was a part of events I couldn't fathom with the heroes I idolized from both WWF & various childhood favorite television shows (Hello Betty White). For a guy in a supporting ambience role--usually unnamed & unseen--I am blown away by the amount of people who apparently not only noticed, but also enjoyed my work. Announcing was my dream, until I realized the absolute best part was using my position to help others. It brought me so much joy to bring a smile to a fellow fan's face. The Superstars I've announced & traveled with over the past 12 years are not only extremely talented to work year round and on the fly, but they are also the most unselfish people I've ever met. I couldn't help others without their support. Not one Superstar or Diva ever once hesitated when I asked them to meet a fan..or autograph..or call..or do whatever was needed. After reading through all of your messages, I just want to say this: Please do not be angry & Please do not be sad. I lived my dream! I'm glad that maybe now someone else will have a spot to live theirs. Many thanks to everyone I have worked with in WWE. Sue, the company gem & my guardian angel. The producers who have taught me so much and constantly let me pick their brains. The referees (They make it look easy. NOT an easy job). Security. Props. Audio. Lighting. PR. Cameras. Travel. TR. Catering. Production. PA's. My eyes and ears at the bell-Mark Yeaton. Everyone I have met along the way. Everyone who has come into my life because of this job & to those who I have never had the opportunity to meet, but have enjoyed my work. I appreciate & am grateful for everyone's support. To Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn & The Authority who gave me this incredible opportunity, I've got two words for ya: Thank You. The journey has been incredible & almost unbelievable. This is the opportunity I've been waiting for to pen the final chapter of my memoirs.