PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar, the title, and WrestleMania

mike adamle
11-06-2014, 09:03 AM
I keep hearing all these scenarios about who should beat Brock Lesnar this year at WrestleMania 31.

I feel like it'd be great if Lesnar retains the title at WrestleMania. For months now everyone has been saying that Roman Reigns (or a long shot Daniel Bryan) should be the one to take the title off of Brock at Mania to get that Mania moment.

But in my opinion there isn't anyone even close to ready to take that belt off of Lesnar right now. Why not let him keep it for a while and make the person who takes it off of him get a meaningful win instead of "well it's mania and someone needs a moment."

Imagine if Lesnar keeps the belt until Mania 32 and keeps wrestling his limited schedule. People will be craving someone (who is hopefully built up enough by then) to take the belt off of him.

Anyone agree?

Heisenberg
11-06-2014, 09:16 AM
I don't find anyone ready as well, I keep holding out hope that CM Punk's abscence ties into it and he comes out to challenge him or some stuff like that. That would be a great moment and would make the whole Internet look like shite

Lock Jaw
11-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Yeah, no one but Cena seems even close to that level, but I don't want to see the WWE Championship gone 70% of the time until WM32.

whiteyford
11-06-2014, 12:19 PM
I think winning it could be the moment that makes the challenger, be it Reigns or whoever, but really it's not so much a case of who's ready to beat him as much as who seems built enough to even challenge him for his defences, 3 matches against Cena already seems like a huge waste but nobody else is really being positioned as a contender.

Mercenary
11-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Wait there is a WWE title?

Ruien
11-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Daniel Bryan is on the level of Brock and Cena. He is the only one that I can imagine taking the title off Brock but he may never wrestle again. They MAY be able to make Ryback back on the unstoppable level but that is a wait and see. Reign is no where close and would be stupid for him to go over Brock as of right now.

Emperor Smeat
11-06-2014, 02:46 PM
The idea sounds good but more likely the WWE would just use Lesnar way less than they do now.

Reigns getting hurt doesn't help either since he's losing out on valuable months to develop as a legit challenger and next star the WWE wants by Mania.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Daniel Bryan is the only guy I could buy doing it, without it all coming off as contrived. There is the Money in the Bank title shot in the wings, however. I actually can't see Rollins cashing in on Brock, however. Maybe Rollins puts the briefcase on the line against a Dean Ambrose or a Roman Reigns at WrestleMania, the face wins it, then challenges a victorious Lesnar after the main event of WrestleMania?

Anybody Thrilla
11-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Brock should probably just keep the title forever.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Was thinking that a moment where Seth Rollins cashes in on Brock Lesnar with assist from Paul Heyman, who becomes a "Seth Rollins Guy" could be a pretty good way to get the title off Brock. People would be willing to put money down to see Brock kill Rollins.

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
I'd prefer they actually build someone near Cena's level and let beating Lesnar be the "coronation" as opposed to trying to use beating Lesnar as a way to catapult a guy. I feel like Reigns has kinda peaked in a way. There's not much to him and having him beat Lesnar would just be forced at this point.

I'd love to see a shocking Royal Rumble winner for once ride that moment to a 2 month odyssey to conquering Lesnar but I think we can all pretty much predict the story from here to WrestleMania barring the crowd shitting on Reigns like they did Batista. I doubt it's gonna get that bad though and force WWE to change plans.

Rammsteinmad
11-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Considering how much of a beast Lesnar has been built up as, having him lose the title to a MITB cash-in would be awful and a complete waste.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2014, 04:52 PM
I can see the crowd shitting on Reigns. You can already feel it going that way. I don't feel he's ready, but Dean Ambrose actually seems like the best candidate for what you suggested. If they had treated Cesaro properly, then he might have been up there too. Would a face turn and an allegiance with Team Cena get him there?

Weird suggestion: How about Jack Swagger? His ring work has been tried and tested enough, he's got Zeb Colter to talk, and enough of his shtick is over that the crowd will chant along with him. He doesn't have any momentum at the moment, but if Swagger entered around #9 in the Rumble, lasted forever, and then had a huge dominating surge at the end and won the match, it could be seen as an "emergence" of his true potential.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Considering how much of a beast Lesnar has been built up as, having him lose the title to a MITB cash-in would be awful and a complete waste.

I disagree. I think it could be used to segue Brock into more of an attraction. He'd be the rightful champion that needed a stacked deck against him to lose.

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2014, 05:13 PM
I am dead serious when I say Johnny Curtis winning the Royal Rumble would be a fucking amazing idea if followed up right.

Savio
11-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Brock could play face against Rusev.

owenbrown
11-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Brock should probably just keep the title forever.

Have him challenge Bruno's near 8 year title reign?

Kingofdaswing
11-06-2014, 06:57 PM
They guy has no contract beyond WM. In my view, if they don't get a new contract worked out by the Royal rumble, you need to have him drop it at WM this year. Which I think he will, and try his luck at another UFC pay day. Wrestling is dying, no one cares about it anymore, and I for one would not blame Lesnar if he said he had enough.

Razzamajazz
11-06-2014, 08:03 PM
the undertaker, then have him work every show until the next PPV and lose it to someone else, which will be his last match.

Savio
11-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Why? Who does that put over?

Razzamajazz
11-06-2014, 09:37 PM
the guy who beats him

Savio
11-06-2014, 11:19 PM
For beating a 57 year old? not really

Razzamajazz
11-06-2014, 11:22 PM
what

http://i61.tinypic.com/34hjb6t.jpg

Ruien
11-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Why? Who does that put over?

Why is everything about putting someone over? The title should not be about putting someone over. It should be about epicness.

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 11:54 AM
That "epicness" and not putting people over is what brought us to the state we're in now where there are a grand total of two and a half credible stars on the entire roster.

XL
11-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Is Hornswoggle the half?

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Randy Orton

Franchise
11-07-2014, 12:05 PM
the undertaker, then have him work every show until the next PPV and lose it to someone else, which will be his last match.

This.

Well the bit about the Undertaker if he is fit enough to wrestle and wants to. It would be the best scenario storyline wise i.e. comes back to avenge his defeat against Brock last WM and ends Brock's "streak" as champion. Then Taker can retire saying he defeated all of his WM opponents.

But then if that scenario were to happen, would that mean Taker would win the Royal Rumble? WWE screwed up allowing Batista to win last year and allowing another old timer win ahead of Reigns or Bryan (if he's back) or even someone like Bray Wyatt....it wouldn't make sense.

Another option might be to drop the belt to Ryback if he goes on another winning streak and doesn't piss people off behind the scenes. Two beasts against each other.

Rusev is another option.

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 12:11 PM
With all due respect, fuck the Undertaker. That would suck ass.

Ruien
11-07-2014, 12:23 PM
That "epicness" and not putting people over is what brought us to the state we're in now where there are a grand total of two and a half credible stars on the entire roster.

You can't put people over without the belt? A person should be a true main eventer before holding the belt. I know D Bryan was technically a World Champion before he won at Mania but that is how it should be done. He was made to be the deal before winning the title.

No time EVER should a person with the MAIN title to be put over as a legit main eventer.

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 03:12 PM
I was talking about in general. The belt helps, though.

Sixx
11-07-2014, 03:26 PM
They used to give the belt to just about anyone.

All due respect to Ziggler and Swaggler but why the fuck were they ever world champs? Not main eventers at all.

Ruien
11-07-2014, 03:47 PM
I was talking about in general. The belt helps, though.

But you quoted by "epicness" and I was referring directly to the title.

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Well I wasn't. Get over it.

Ruien
11-07-2014, 05:03 PM
So touchy :(

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Touch this, fella.

Ultra Mantis
11-07-2014, 05:48 PM
I can see the crowd shitting on Reigns. You can already feel it going that way. I don't feel he's ready, but Dean Ambrose actually seems like the best candidate for what you suggested. If they had treated Cesaro properly, then he might have been up there too. Would a face turn and an allegiance with Team Cena get him there?

Weird suggestion: How about Jack Swagger? His ring work has been tried and tested enough, he's got Zeb Colter to talk, and enough of his shtick is over that the crowd will chant along with him. He doesn't have any momentum at the moment, but if Swagger entered around #9 in the Rumble, lasted forever, and then had a huge dominating surge at the end and won the match, it could be seen as an "emergence" of his true potential.

Swagger could have been a big deal if they hadn't just used his face turn momentum to feed Rusev and then have him go straight back to losing to jobbers. Huge wasted opportunity.

#1-norm-fan
11-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Not everything should be about putting someone over. I said before that Cena ending the streak would have been perfect just for the iconic moment. Fuck using the streak to put someone over. This is a different situation though.

They've used the streak to make Lesnar seem even more unstoppable and build up whoever finally takes him down as a God amongst men. Having Taker be that guy just doesn't make any sense. Especially as bad as Taker was looking last year. It would just serve to make Lesnar look weak and then whoever beats Taker for the title is still beating a broken down old man at Extreme Rules. No one benefits and the "moments" are underwhelming.

Mr. Nerfect
11-10-2014, 04:12 PM
The more I've been thinking about it, the more I'm not opposed to Brock Lesnar losing the WWE Title before WrestleMania. But only if it is used to create a hugely personal feud with a guy who will gain a lot from beating Brock at WrestleMania, but isn't quite ready to headline the big show. Cesaro, with Kane in his corner (looking to avenge his brother's loss and to do some speaking for Cesaro during crunch time) would be an example.

John Cena would sadly be the best choice to take the title right now, but you could literally put him against anyone on the WWE roster and it'd feel like a proper Mania main event. Even Dolph Ziggler winning the Rumble and facing "the man that runs the place" would work out.

Mr. Nerfect
11-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Swagger could have been a big deal if they hadn't just used his face turn momentum to feed Rusev and then have him go straight back to losing to jobbers. Huge wasted opportunity.

Absolutely this. Guy was over and fit the role when he first turned.

Savio
11-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Brock could really make Rusev by losing to him.

XL
11-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Is Rusev the next "The Guy"? Or would you hope to transfer Brock's heat to Rusev and then on to someone else?

Savio
11-10-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't see Rusev being the next"face of the company" guy like Cena, but he could be made into the a legit long lasting main event heel pretty quickly.

I think they will go with reigns and I would support that but I feel people aren't really hot on him not as oppossed to when the shield just broke up. He's taking acting classes now though so maybe he can get the heat back.

Razzamajazz
11-10-2014, 11:02 PM
rusev will be released by this time next year

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Rusev is growing on me, but not really in a heelish sort of way. I think there might be a surprisingly good babyface under all the menace there.

XL
11-12-2014, 04:54 AM
When he goes all "Hacksaw" Jim Rusev on us people will quickly warm to him.

Destor
11-12-2014, 04:56 AM
I think Lesnar has a good face run coming and instead of looking for babies its time we looked at the heels.

XL
11-12-2014, 05:00 AM
Think there's a lot of "ifs" involved with that. If they want Lesnar to put Reigns over at Mania he'll still be a heel. Beyond that it'll depend on if Lesnar wants to stick around at all when his contract expires. Then, if Lesnar even likes the idea of being a babyface.

drave
11-12-2014, 06:04 AM
What monster heel could he be pitted against?

I think the beating he gave Cena at SS was somewhat of a double-edge blade. Just seems that he has been built as an unstoppable badass (which he is) and I cannot think of any credible heels that he could be in a program with. A lot can change between now and then I guess, but I just don't see it.

Also, heel Brock > face brock.

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.25900270.9545/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

XL
11-12-2014, 06:46 AM
He'd either turn after being "humbled" by a loss, to Reigns at Mania for example. Therefore he's shown a chink in his armour and is no longer the unstoppable force he was.

Or, people get behind him because he's an unstoppable beast who goes out dominates and wins clean.

drave
11-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Sure. But still, WHO would be a credible heel to have him work with? He IS the ultimate heel right now, no one even comes close at this moment.

Maybe if they push Bray and actually TRY to make him more of a dick somehow. His promos/persona are too cool though.

XL
11-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Orton/Lesnar could have been something if they hadn't dicked around with him for the last year, and then turned him face. Maybe they could do a double turn with Reigns?

James Steele
11-12-2014, 12:05 PM
HHH/Lesnar IV

Big Vic
11-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Lesnar vs Surfer Sting