PDA

View Full Version : I like Andrew McMahon

Nark Order
11-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Oh. Hey guys. Narc here.I want to make a music forum thread. I have been listening to Andrew Mcmahon for 10 years or so and I think he is swell. You may recognize the name form Something Corporate or Jack's Mannequin. Or not. Either way, I like him. You should too.

Somebody post jack's Mannequin videos because I don't know how to do that on iPad

Nark Order
11-12-2014, 12:13 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/9729/KAAQGV.jpg

I took this picture. I hope you like it.

Requiem
11-12-2014, 03:02 AM
Saw Jack's Mannequin play a really small show at a college here. Was a good show.

The opening band was some local band of which the lead singer had a flock of seagulls haircut.

Nark Order
11-12-2014, 10:00 AM
I've seen him a total of five times now. Saw Something Corporate once, Jack's Mannequin three times, and him "solo" once. I did quotes because his solo album is still him and a compilation of guys from either SoCo, JM, or his friend pool. Seriously fucking love that guy. And he is mostly always down to hang out also. After 2 of the JM shows everybody went out drinking.

Kind of funny because most of the fans are women but I do not care. I know every word to every song and I flip the fuck out at every concert.

road doggy dogg
11-12-2014, 10:04 AM
I enjoy me some Something Corporate now and then. Konstantine is a lovely song, one of the first(/only) songs I learned to play on the piano

Nark Order
11-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Him and his relationship with the song Konstantine is hilarious. At some point in every set he gets on the mic and is like "I'm not playing fucking Konstantine, so don't ask." Then people will flip out and ask for it more and he'll be like "ITS TEN MINUTES LONG! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT IS? I don't even know all of he words!"

SoCo was a big part of my adolescence but if I had to choose, I'd say I enjoy Jack's Mannequin and his newer stuff a little bit better. More thought provoking and musically complex. I think he thinks so as well. He played Ruthless the other night though and it was incredible. Have never heard him play that song ever

road doggy dogg
11-12-2014, 10:37 AM
It's funny because NOFX are pretty much the exact opposite. They try and shoehorn The Decline into any live set they can, set times be damned!