PDA

View Full Version : NEW NWA Champion (*Spoilers*)

Kazara
05-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Ron "The Truth" Killings won the title.

Oh, and the Amazing Red Beat Sonjay Dutt. -_-;;

MVP
05-19-2004, 11:09 PM
I thought Jarrett was supposed to win it back before the debut of Impact.

Loose Cannon
05-19-2004, 11:09 PM
He will, I guarantee it.

ilt_undertaker
05-19-2004, 11:10 PM
THE SUN TAN SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

And good job to AR too, :y:

Mr. JL
05-19-2004, 11:16 PM
I cannot wait until Raven wins the NWA Championship.

The only thing is NWA: TNA Impact will not be made available to Canadian viewers!

HeartBreakMan2k
05-19-2004, 11:18 PM
I still say RaVeN should be champion. :mad:

Anyway, I like Killings, good on him. And yeah, I'm not to big on Red, so I could care less.

MVP
05-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Raven should've won, he'd be a much more credible NWA Champion at the start of Impact.

Kazara
05-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Yeah, forget the Fact that Raven sucks ass.

THey SHOULD have kept it on Styles, and have him grow on people.

Sadly, by the looks of it. Jeff Jarrett will now win the title. -_-;;

HeartBreakMan2k
05-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah Raven sucks. Nevermind the fact that he's is a god on the mic, and has better in ring psychology than 90% of the business. Yeah, he's not the most superior in ring talents, but he is good. No Eddie, or Angle granted, but not many are.

Mr. JL
05-19-2004, 11:42 PM
How did Ron Killings win?
Knowing TNA it was due to "outside interference". I swear they cannot have one title change without there being someone interfering in the match.

Kazara
05-19-2004, 11:46 PM
God on the Mic? yes. Ring Physcology? Yes. I'll give him That. But he's no AJ.

Dark-Slicer Diago
05-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Kazara, I agree with that, Raven is ok, but AJ Styles is a better champion

Wondermouse
05-20-2004, 01:57 AM
Problem is, AJ's title gain was a complete screw job, putting him in the title match after a HUGE build up... that didn't include him.

Let's put this in WWE terms. Benoit/HHH for the title gets pushed for 3 months. Trips taken out before the match by HBK and replaced by Kane. Kane wins.

That said, AJ's a good champ. So's Ron, and so's Raven. However, they need to put it on one of these guys CLEANLY (probably Raven, since he's the biggest draw), then have him keep it for a while in a feud, then flip it over. Give it cred.

BloodRiotZero
05-20-2004, 02:04 AM
Raven will no doubt get the title eventually, but the journey of him getting the title is the fun part. Sit back and enjoy it. TNA are waiting on Raven-Jarrett II, so he'll probably get it then... clean.

Dave Youell
05-20-2004, 04:01 AM
Who is rubbish on the mic

He is the man, but he's got none of the skills that Raven has, so to compare them would be like comparing chalk and cheese

Kazara
05-20-2004, 06:56 AM
AJ is pretty decent on the mic even WITH the heavy Southern Accent.

TheNamelessOne
05-20-2004, 07:14 AM
I have nothing against Ron Killings other than his terrible ring name.

Mr. JL
05-20-2004, 04:20 PM
I have nothing against Ron Killings other than his terrible ring name.
...better than K-Kwik.

Nowhere Man
05-20-2004, 04:30 PM

And thank God for that. The last thing TNA needs is another spot-machine with no psychology and hideous mic-work.

KingofOldSchool
05-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Yes, Raven does suck.

Get over it.

Kazara
05-20-2004, 05:55 PM
Nowhere Man, Do you even know AJ Styles? Have you seen his Work? He's FAR from a Spot-Fest and has a Shit-load of Psychology. Not only can he fly, in which he hits his Spoty CLEANLY, but he can take it to the mat, too. He's one of the best Mat-Workers in the Indies, Next To Jerry Lynn, Hydro, Bryan Danielson, and Chistopher Daniels. He didn't win the RoH <b>PURE WRESTLING</b> Title for no reason at all.

Loose Cannon
05-20-2004, 06:15 PM
And thank God for that. The last thing TNA needs is another spot-machine with no psychology and hideous mic-work.

Woah, I can't believe I'm hearing this. Nowhere Man, AJ Styles is your kind of wreslter. He's definately not a spot machine. He's got good-great mic skills and is an unbelievable worker. I know you like those Japanese fellas a lot and AJ is a lot like them. He can work some great matches.

The Mackem
05-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah AJ is a smooth wrestler. The number of moves he has is incredible.

The Mackem
05-20-2004, 06:59 PM
It's quite funny Ron Killings winning the belt though. Over here in the UK we're well behind and he's still in the middle of that three way feud for the tag belts with 3 Live Crew against America's most wanted and Swinger and that other bloke who's name escapres me :D

Kazara
05-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Simon Diamond.

ColdwaVer
05-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Raven should've won, he'd be a much more credible NWA Champion at the start of Impact.

Ok, I don't really agree with the people who say Raven sucks, but having him as champion when Impact starts would have been a bad idea. Can you imagine all the people who have never had any wrestlign contact outside of WWE and maybe WCW tuning in and seeing "that freaky looking guy who used to be in hardcore matches in WWE" as the champion? The only people Raven is a credible champion to are the people who already know about TNA. Their best bet at this point is to have the title on someone virtually unknown to the average viewer, and Killings at this point will do just fine. Jarrett on the other hand is only slightly better than Raven to the general ignorant public IMO.

Marc the Smark
05-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Eugene :y:

BloodRiotZero
05-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Their best bet at this point is to have the title on someone virtually unknown to the average viewer, and Killings at this point will do just fine. Jarrett on the other hand is only slightly better than Raven to the general ignorant public IMO.

Killings? He's that black guy who used to dance and rap with the Road Dogg! Kwik-E-Mart!

And Jarrett? Is he still making music?

HeartBreakMan2k
05-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Yeah, AJ is actually quite talented. I can see someone calling Red a spot worker, but not Styles. I wouldn't say he's very good on the mic, but that's probably just me. Not every wrestler appeals to everyone, hell I still like some HHH promo's, and that's why some people love Orton on the mic, some don't. He's got fairly good psychology, but I will say he forgets it here and there. Like he'll still take to the air after having his leg worked on for 5 mins, then selling for another 2, but everyone makes that mistake.

Still, going into the television show, I think Raven would have been a better choice as champion. Plus I'm a Raven mark. I think you have to go into the show pushing your draws (Raven, Jarrett) then hook them with the talent during it (Styles, Chris D, Lynn.)