PDA

View Full Version : For the first time in SEVERAL years, the WWE has done something somewhat remarkable.

Shadrick
01-22-2015, 05:01 PM
And while I think they're the shits when it comes to long term booking, and they may have simply done this by accident, a la Daniel Bryan, I have to give them credit.

I legit have no idea who's going to win the Rumble.

After last years Rumble, and the rub he was getting this summer before his injury, I thought for sure that Roman would be the guy, especially with Daniel Bryans uncertainty. Now with Bryan being back and the crowd still being hot for him, and Roman not making leaps of progress in terms of people writing shit for him, Bryan could legit win, and take down the Beast at Mania.

Roman could win, for obvious reasons, as the company is behind him. Daniel Bryan could win, and it sets up the story of David Vs Goliath with him versus Brock at Mania.

But what about Bray Wyatt? He's been kept looking strong. The idea of him winning the Rumble to face Cena, going over clean by himself (without Erick and Luke) and winning the title would take Cena in a new direction, hopefully. And it would put Bray over the top in heeldom.

And Dean Ambrose. Maybe he's been kept stagnant for a bit because that's the plan they have for him. He's over. He's interesting. He can put on a damn great match and he's great on the stick (Giggity). Who's to say he won't win and finally get his hands on Seth Rollins at Mania? Dean Vs The Authority leading up to the biggest stage of them all.

All of the aforementioned guys have reasons to win the Rumble and it would produce some very compelling stories if done properly.

BTW Fandango is a stupid gimmick and Johnny Curtis' talents are being wasted on it.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Roman Reigns.

Lock Jaw
01-22-2015, 06:10 PM
Dolph Ziggler's year

Fignuts
01-22-2015, 07:40 PM
Yeah that's another thing. Ziggler losing the IC title because of his comedy gig could be bullshit swerve rumors, and the real reason for the loss is that they are bumping him up to the main event.

At least I wish that was the case.

#1-norm-fan
01-22-2015, 09:33 PM
It's definitely not the most predictable rumble in recent memory but I would be pretty surprised if Reigns doesn't win it.

Corndad
01-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Last year it was Batista... and I guess Bryan who wasn't even in the match that had "momentum" going into it. So the winner last year was so painfully predictable. I couldn't agree more with this topic. There are legit 5 or 6 guys who could win.

Hell, thinking outside the box, Surprise entry Sting enters at 30, wins, HHH pulls Authority angle on it and strips him of the Title shot only to fight him at Mania.

That opens up Title Match to A LOT of possibilities.

Shadrick
01-23-2015, 01:55 AM
If Reigns wins it, cool. I'm a fan of Reigns even though I don't think he's quite ready, but man, can you imagine the Mania match if Daniel Bryan won it? The Beard Vs The Beast?

Droford
01-23-2015, 02:38 AM
Pretty sure 1 of 5 could win

Reigns most likely
Ambrose
Rusev
Ziggler
Wyatt long shot of the 5

I dont even see Bryan winning because of his injury concerns

The title match to me is more unpredictable. Could Rollins win outright without a cash in? Lesnar retains? Cena/Lesnar win only to lose via cash in? Does Heyman screw Lesnar?

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2015, 03:08 AM
The show as a whole could be a lot of fun, as long as we don't let ourselves forget that possibility.

Shadrick
01-23-2015, 03:10 AM
I completely forgot about Rusev.

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2015, 03:15 AM
Rusev isn't winning the fucking Royal Rumble. I like Rusev a lot. But no.

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2015, 06:14 AM
Good job covering the Johnny Curtis/Fandango issue though. You get a rep. And you get a rep. And you get a rep. lol jk. Only Shadrick gets a rep because he's the only one who mentioned it.

Rammsteinmad
01-23-2015, 06:20 AM
I don't think Bryan's "injury concerns" will play too much into it.

Steve Austin broke his neck, came back, and had the biggest run of his life.

Bryan vs. Lesnar would be the best way in my opinion. In terms of match quality, build, mainstream appeal etc. Nobody gives a fuck about Reigns vs. Lesnar and I could see the crowd just going quiet if/when Reigns wins the Rumble.

It'll be Batista all over again.

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2015, 06:31 AM
Johnny Curtis winning the Rumble would make people forget Daniel Bryan ever existed though.

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2015, 06:36 AM
I seriously feel kinda sad when I discuss Johnny Curtis. In the same way I feel sad about an athlete who was really good but was never able to win a championship and get proper recognition because his team sucked. It's like... "Aww. You're gonna be the best guy on the roster the entire time you're employed by this company and they're always gonna be too fucking stupid to put you in the position to be the greatest of all time. Because you could be. If only."

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2015, 10:14 AM
The Fandango character is reprehensible.

The Rogerer
01-23-2015, 10:15 AM
It's going to be Roman Reigns you flipping morans

Flipping Dolph Ziggler flipping what

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Morans

road doggy dogg
01-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Get A Brain! Morans

Go USA

Evil Vito
01-23-2015, 11:06 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I fully expect a Roman Reigns win, though I will be pulling for Bryan.</font>

loopydate
01-23-2015, 11:13 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I fully expect a Roman Reigns win, though I will be pulling for Bryan.</font>

That is exactly my take on it. Bryan is the better story, but Reigns is their guy now.

Lock Jaw
01-23-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm going to win the Royal Rumble

ron the dial
01-23-2015, 11:51 AM
are you planning to wear a mask to remain anonymous? or will you finally reveal yourself?

Shadrick
01-23-2015, 03:32 PM
I also forget to point out, that Lock Jaw may indeed win the Rumble.

Whenever I see Johnny Curtis out of character, doing a talking head, or interview, etc, the charisma just oozes outta the guys pores.

The mark out moment I would have if Fandango wins the rumble, denounces the gimmick and becomes a badass submission machine all in one night.

Corkscrewed
01-23-2015, 04:13 PM

Bryan vs. Lesnar would be the best way in my opinion. In terms of match quality, build, mainstream appeal etc. Nobody gives a fuck about Reigns vs. Lesnar and I could see the crowd just going quiet if/when Reigns wins the Rumble.

It'll be Batista all over again.

Totally agree.

Which is why it will be Roman Reigns winning the Rumble, and Reigns vs Lesnar... vs Bryan vs Rollins at WM. ;)

Shadrick
01-23-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't see the crowd going quiet if Reigns wins....the casual fan enjoys him. The IWC is the one with the problem.

Heyman
01-23-2015, 04:20 PM

Partial truth to this, but Austin returned in September 2000, which was well before the Rumble and his subsequent push. Austin had a few solid months to prove his health and durability before being re-pushed.

Evil Vito
01-23-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't see the crowd going quiet if Reigns wins....the casual fan enjoys him. The IWC is the one with the problem.

<font color=goldenrod>I think the average crowd will be okay. Philly is going to take a massive dump on anybody other than a IWC darling winning though.</font>

Droford
01-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Rusev isn't winning the fucking Royal Rumble. I like Rusev a lot. But no.

He has ties to the Authority although theyve been down played recently. That would make him a good fit should Cena win if Cena remains the focus of the Authority.

Im not advocating Cena being the one to beat Rusev though as that would be the kiss of death for Rusevs career. Although beating Cena at WM might not be the best for him either (see the Miz).

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2015, 05:54 PM
He's not winning, OK?

XL
01-23-2015, 05:54 PM
That was more to do with how he beat Cena. He was afterthought in the brewing issue between Rock-Cena. He didn't get strong win.

Emperor Smeat
01-23-2015, 06:09 PM
Wouldn't say that this year feels unpredictable although until very recently it did feel like a Reigns victory was guaranteed. Bryan or Reigns seem like the only real choices this year and Bryan being more as a backup plan.

WWE title feels more unpredictable just because of all the possible different outcomes that could affect Mania's card. Like Rusev vs Cena if Rusev interferes or Rusev vs Reigns as Reigns big Mania moment this year, Bryan vs Lesnar with or without the title, Rollins vs Reigns for the title, Cena vs Reigns for the title, etc.

Heyman
01-23-2015, 06:14 PM
He has ties to the Authority although theyve been down played recently. That would make him a good fit should Cena win if Cena remains the focus of the Authority.

Im not advocating Cena being the one to beat Rusev though as that would be the kiss of death for Rusevs career. Although beating Cena at WM might not be the best for him either (see the Miz).

Droford, does your penis erect when you see other men or something? Or are you a lesbian trapped in a lesbian's body.

Rusev ain't winning the rumble. Go suck on a Goat's dick.

Lock Jaw
01-23-2015, 06:32 PM
are you planning to wear a mask to remain anonymous? or will you finally reveal yourself?

I will wear a mask, but shock the world with my identity post-match

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2015, 09:00 PM
It won't happen but for some reason, I don't really mind the idea of Cena vs Rusev for the title.

Droford
01-23-2015, 10:15 PM
Im rooting for Rusev to win now just to be able to rub it in

Droford
01-23-2015, 11:07 PM
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1620/435/original.jpg?w=600&h

Outsider
01-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Cena loses the main event.

Enters the rumble.

Wins.

Cena vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

Sorry.

#1-norm-fan
01-24-2015, 02:47 PM
That would be the greatest troll of the internets ever.

Shadrick
01-24-2015, 04:41 PM
That would be the greatest troll of the internets ever.

I would die from hysterical laughing.

parkmania
01-25-2015, 09:08 PM

Went to a house show the week before Christmas, and the pop for Reigns was dwarfed by the pop for Jack Swagger. Granted, Swaggie was facing Rusev, but Roman was the ME vs. Kane with Ric Flair as special ref.

Shadrick
01-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Went to a house show the week before Christmas, and the pop for Reigns was dwarfed by the pop for Jack Swagger. Granted, Swaggie was facing Rusev, but Roman was the ME vs. Kane with Ric Flair as special ref.

I could see that. What city?

Dark One
01-26-2015, 12:50 AM
For the first time in SEVERAL years, the WWE has done something somewhat remarkable.

Math checks out.

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2015, 02:51 AM
I was not surprised by the outcome of this year's WWE Royal Rumble.

Damian Rey
01-26-2015, 02:57 AM
I don't think anyone was. Disappointed seems to be the appropriate description at this point.

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2015, 03:00 AM
I mentioned something somewhere about The Rock coming out and helping put over Roman Reigns as a way to make it seem acceptable. I forgot this show was in Philly though. So even that didn't do it.

WWE really knows how to not get shit right. Maybe more than any company in the world.

Damian Rey
01-26-2015, 03:05 AM
Cutting off their nose to spite their face, I suppose.

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2015, 03:13 AM
Their face looks like Rocky Dennis at this point.

The Rogerer
01-26-2015, 04:20 AM
Rusev could really win this
Dolph Ziggler really looks in a position to come through
Bray Wyatt has been looking strong

:rofl:

Shadrick
01-26-2015, 04:21 AM
lmaooooooo

Tazz Dan
01-26-2015, 06:11 AM
I mentioned something somewhere about The Rock coming out and helping put over Roman Reigns as a way to make it seem acceptable. I forgot this show was in Philly though. So even that didn't do it.

WWE really knows how to not get shit right. Maybe more than any company in the world.

This is my biggest issue with WWE. Did they learn NOTHING from last year?