PDA

View Full Version : Dying Light

Kris P Lettus
02-04-2015, 11:45 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7VkS3beywvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I bought this today and it is like a mixture of Dead island and Mirrors Edge.

Pretty sick so far

dronepool
02-05-2015, 12:09 AM
Marilyn Manson in the commercial <3

Shisen Kopf
02-05-2015, 04:49 AM
Thinking about getting it once the price drops. Or should I just start a go fund me page?

Fignuts
02-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Yeash, debating on this or GTA V for the One.

Kris P Lettus
02-05-2015, 09:32 AM
I played for like two hours. Possible spoilers below.

It's really fun if you like "choose yr own path" style RPGs. A lot of go fetch it sidequests. The level up system is sweet. It is in three parts. Survival for crafting etc, power for combat, and agility for running, jumping etc. These level up separately as the game goes depending on how you earn yr XP. You get agility points for making hard jumps while you get power points for killing zombies. the only thing I don't like are how weak the weapons are. A lot of the stronger eminies will break yr weapon before you kill them. I'm sure they will get better further into the game. Crafting seems sweet cause you can make traps and bombs and shit.

As I said, I only played a few hours but it's really fun and different.

Kris P Lettus
02-09-2015, 05:58 PM
I feel like this game is getting slept on hard.

Prolly the best game I've played since GTA5.

Fignuts
02-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I'm picking it up this week. Love zombies, open world games, and Mirror's Edge, so I'm pretty sure I'll dig it.

OssMan
02-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Rage rage against te dying of the light

Disturbed316
02-09-2015, 10:26 PM
I wish there was more 3rd person Zombie games, first person hurts my eyes too much.

Kris P Lettus
02-10-2015, 05:52 PM
First person is the best

Emperor Smeat
02-10-2015, 05:59 PM
1st DLC pack called "Cuisine & Cargo" was released today although only for Season Pass owners at the moment.

It adds two missions to the game, both taking place in buildings sealed since the first days of the outbreak. You'll get to visit a restaurant that was once patronized by the affluent, and the loading bay of an abandoned rail stockyard.

Two other DLC packs covered in the Pass were also revealed a bit more in details.

* Ultimate Survival Bundle (March): This DLC will bring you seven new weapons, three outfits, and four blueprints for "over-the-top" weapons.
* The Bozark Horde (May): The final season pass release will take you to Harran Stadium, where it's fight to the death against hordes of the Infected. Enemies will get stronger and you'll also face off against the one behind the area, the psychopath Bozark.

http://www.destructoid.com/techland-releases-first-dying-light-dlc-and-gives-details-on-the-rest-287482.phtml

Emperor Smeat
02-11-2015, 05:34 PM
A free DLC pack was announced to be arriving "around the start of March" and includes a new Hard Mode difficulty.

Ramped up nighttime difficulty
Deadlier and more vicious foes
Increased need for stealth and silence
Scarce resources and supplies
Other additions

Techland also has plans for more free DLC packs to arrive later in the near future.

http://www.destructoid.com/dying-light-to-add-hard-mode-287532.phtml

Fignuts
02-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Did the prologue and first mission. Seems good so far. Smacking zombies feels really good.

Fignuts
02-12-2015, 10:53 PM
ugh hate that grainy filter added to the visuals. Hate it when games do that.

Turning the gamma down helps but then it's dark as shit.

Kris P Lettus
02-12-2015, 10:55 PM
I've been outta town due to a funeral but I will put 15 hours into this this weekend

Kris P Lettus
02-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Been playing co-op with my half brother, Iceberg Lettus.

Fignuts
02-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Unlocked the grappling hook. Soooooooo fucking good.

Sunk a ton of hours into this and I'm still on the first area.

Kris P Lettus
02-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Haven't gotten the grappling hook yet. Started working again and haven't had the time to play. Will rock out next week though.

Heisenberg
03-23-2015, 08:30 AM
Spent most of the weekend playing this, very pleased with it so far. 15% into progression. If I die in the daytime I force myself to go into the night and gain my Survival points back.

Heisenberg
03-23-2015, 08:40 AM
Early GOTY candidate. You can dropkick zombies and get points towards leveling. Not enough bags of trash in Harran to jump into though.

Plays like Mirror's Edge/Dead Island like Kris P said, questing feels a little like Fallout 3 w/o fast travel for good reasons.

Kris P Lettus
03-23-2015, 09:15 AM
I love it so much. Put in a lot of work this weekend and got the grappling hook finally and have some much better weapons. The night missions are still hard as fuck to me.

I am really enjoying the game, even though my gf hates the zombie growls/screams.

Heisenberg
03-23-2015, 09:50 AM
It has affected me in many ways, I'm climbing buildings to contact the GRE after I complete a task irl

I tried to kill a Volatile last night and all I think I accomplished was pissing it off. I was near a safe zone so I'd hop in everytime he came near

drave
03-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Early GOTY candidate. You can dropkick zombies and get points towards leveling. Not enough bags of trash in Harran to jump into though.

Plays like Mirror's Edge/Dead Island like Kris P said, questing feels a little like Fallout 3 w/o fast travel for good reasons.

Aside from the epic dropkicks, is it really GOTY material? Why? THinking about grabbing this one.

Heisenberg
03-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Things I like:

No fast travel-have to parkour/free walk everywhere

Night time environment is challenging and nets a lot of exp from surviving the night outside safe zones

Good chunk of side quests to do, more entertaining than the main story

Has a good Fallout feel to it, minus the right to kill NPCs at will, plenty of zombies to combat that though.

drave
03-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Sounds interesting. Would be a late night game for me though, little one abound and what not :(

Can't even play shooters anymore (for the time being).

Fignuts
03-23-2015, 07:03 PM
I love it so much. Put in a lot of work this weekend and got the grappling hook finally and have some much better weapons. The night missions are still hard as fuck to me.

I am really enjoying the game, even though my gf hates the zombie growls/screams.

I've found that night missions are way easier if you go to the spot where the mission takes place and wait for night to come, since getting there at night is typically the hardest part.

Even went to this cave during the day to get these mushrooms. Supposed to go there at night since the volitales are there during the day. But since you enter through water, I got the volitales to drown themselves and completed the mission right then and there.

Kris P Lettus
03-23-2015, 07:17 PM
That mushroom mission is one that I've been putting off

Fignuts
03-23-2015, 07:29 PM
It's super easy. You can do what I did and make them drown, or just sit there in the water until night when they leave. They can't see you when you're in the water. That's how I drowned them. I lured them over to the water's edge then jumped in the water. Then I jumped straight up out of the water. They would see me and take a step forward, then I landed back in the water and they couldn't see me. Repeated till they stepped far enough in the water to drown. It was actually kind of hilarious.