PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown in Iraq

Team Sheep
12-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Will they have the whole show in Iraq?? That seems crazy. What kind of arenas do they have in Iraq? :-\

Kane Knight
12-20-2003, 05:02 PM
:lol:

Vega
12-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Just be glad Tiger-Ali Singh doesn't work for the WWE anymore or Bush might bomb them for harboring a suspected terrorist.

Kane Knight
12-20-2003, 05:18 PM
Just be glad Tiger-Ali Singh doesn't work for the WWE anymore or Bush might bomb them for harboring a suspected terrorist.

:lol:

Spoon Bender
12-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Maybe the Iraqi people are going to sentence Sadam to watch an A-Train match! :shifty:

I doubt they will tape a WWE show in Iraq. The risk factor is still too high. They wouldn't get permission. Plus who (other than a few troops) is going to go watch it!?

Kenny
12-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Maybe the Iraqi people are going to sentence Sadam to watch an A-Train match! :shifty:

I doubt they will tape a WWE show in Iraq. The risk factor is still too high. They wouldn't get permission. Plus who (other than a few troops) is going to go watch it!?

From what I understand that's EXACTLY what they're doing. I think it'll be pretty cool. I think it is for the troops but it would be nice if they let some Iraqi people check it out. They've been through a lot and it would be nice if we gave them something to get their mind off of it.

Does anyone know if the US Title is on the line between Show and Cena?

natureboycv
12-20-2003, 06:18 PM
From what I understand that's EXACTLY what they're doing. I think it'll be pretty cool. I think it is for the troops but it would be nice if they let some Iraqi people check it out. They've been through a lot and it would be nice if we gave them something to get their mind off of it.

<font color=8307ff><b>I hope so, because Big Show hasn't defended the U.S. Title once since winning it (I think).</font></b>

Kane Knight
12-20-2003, 06:41 PM

dude, doesn't that violate the Geneva Convention?

Kane Knight
12-20-2003, 06:44 PM

I doubt the Iraqi people will be involved.

However, they are working with that Bob Hope organisation that entertains the troops, so they ARE going right over there, like the USO. Least, I think they are. Remember the Bush carrier landing? Not everything's as it seems.

Sickboy
12-20-2003, 06:47 PM
dude, doesn't that violate the Geneva Convention?

Lol! :lol:

Sickboy
12-20-2003, 06:48 PM
But seriously, I'm sure it would. :|

Spoon Bender
12-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Does this mean that Smackdown next week is gonna be full of dumb anti-people who aren't american angles? Woo.

Team Sheep
12-21-2003, 11:30 AM
They should give the Iraqi's free admission, but of course, Vince wants to milk every penny out of every fan, so I doubt it would happen. :(

Hired Hitman
12-21-2003, 12:22 PM
it's business baby, nothing personal ;) :D

Kane Knight
12-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Does this mean that Smackdown next week is gonna be full of dumb anti-people who aren't american angles? Woo.

Naw. It's gonna be chock full of patriotism. You know, the kind that talks about how the US is great, this war is justified, and how the United States can do no wrong. Patriotism for stupid people.

But seeing as how they think the armed forces and wrestling fans have one thing in common...A minimal IQ...

Loose Cannon
12-21-2003, 12:29 PM

No I don't think so because the match is on Christmas and not many people would be watching.

The CyNick
12-21-2003, 01:54 PM
I think its being done at the airport in front of the troops only, not Iraqi people.

MEEweb
12-21-2003, 02:12 PM
We'll probably be treated to the red-white-blue ropes, a very poorly thrown together SmackDown entry way, and the ring on an elevated stage with the light's being supported on the ground. Plus, Tazz and Micheal Cole will probably do commentary from the dressing room area, or a folding table at ringside.

Kane Knight
12-21-2003, 03:09 PM
I think its being done at the airport in front of the troops only, not Iraqi people.

Good. We hate brown people. We're not doing it for them, we're doing it to keep us free by dismantling terrorist threats.

Corkscrewed
12-22-2003, 03:32 AM
It's nice of them to do a show for the troops though, I'll give them that.

Tommy Gunn
12-23-2003, 09:36 AM
I wonder how well the workers coped being surrounded by thousands of beards. :shifty:

Kane Knight
12-23-2003, 12:05 PM
I wonder how well the workers coped being surrounded by thousands of beards. :shifty:

Whatcha wanna bet that every time the pyros went off, another "good American" shit himself? :lol: