PDA

View Full Version : Dean Ambrose: face of the WWE

youreSAWFT
02-23-2015, 11:54 PM
Does Dean Ambrose make everyone elses dick as hard as he does mine?
I mean hes got it all doesn't he? maybe WWE is doing it right, they aren't just shoving him to the top. Hes going to work for it and be the top guy in year or so.
Thoughts?

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Dean Ambrose went from being one of the coolest characters in WWE to being one of the worst booked.

road doggy dogg
02-24-2015, 08:27 AM
If I was Dean Ambrose I would work just hard enough to keep myself relevant in the grand scheme of things without sacrificing years off my body... need to maximize optimal "boning Renee" period of life

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2015, 08:28 AM
That post is perhaps the most insightful in TPWW's history.

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Seriously baffles me why the company didn't give Ambrose a moment by winning the IC Title at the free live special as a hook.

Simple Fan
02-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Because he will get it at Mania

Lock Jaw
02-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Ambrose has been brutally mistreated since splitting from The Shield. This once dominant ring warrior is now losing all of his big matches, and has had most of his momentum he had from his time in The Shield cut out from under him.

Also not a big fan about how they are almost turning him into a comedy character now. Yes, he is supposed to be "unhinged" and "unstable".... but he used to be those things with a "tough edge" to him.... now he is those things with a "comic edge" to him.

Ruien
02-24-2015, 12:26 PM
I don't think Fastlane hurt him at all. Bad News Barrett was running away because he was being dominated in the match against Ambrose. If anything, it helps him.

Heyman
02-24-2015, 12:30 PM
One thing that the WWE has a tendency of doing (which could be better or worse, I don't know), is they often use wrestlers that are way 'over', to put over other wrestlers.

Back in the day for instance, the WWE used Jericho to constantly put over Benoit instead of capitalizing on Jericho's massive popularity in 2000. RVD was used in a similar fashion. We've also seen how the WWE has treated Ziggler, Santino, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, and Dean Ambrose in recent times.

Simple Fan
02-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Dont see him ever being the face of WWE but defiantly having a solid career with a lot of different title reigns.

road doggy dogg
02-24-2015, 01:41 PM
defiantly agree

rad dggy dg
02-24-2015, 01:48 PM
yeah ambross is pretty great

big fan of teh guy

youreSAWFT
02-24-2015, 03:46 PM
I dont really see him being mistreated i think everything hes been doing is really feeding into the character and also the crowd doesnt give a damn that he loses because when he does he kicks the shit outta the person after the fact leaving everyone happy. I could see him turning heel and being a top guy, holding the belt for a while in the future.

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2015, 06:41 PM
As I said in another thread, I introduced a female viewer to the WWE via Fastlane. I'll confess that she actually came away from the IC Title match liking Ambrose (she was hesitant to get behind him first), but ended up thinking that Barrett was a piece of shit. She genuinely thought that Ambrose should just be made the official IC Champion after beating him up so bad, and had no interest in seeing any more of Barrett (despite originally liking him).

So maybe we should all be more concerned about #BNB?

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2015, 06:45 PM
If I were a casual fan of Ambrose, I'd feel that my investment had not been rewarded enough. If I plonked down $9.99 to see Dean Ambrose kick Seth Rollins' ass at Hell in a Cell, I paid to see him lose. If I paid $9.99 to see him get some retribution against Bray Wyatt at Survivor Series, I paid to see him kick ass, yes, but also lose. I paid to see him lose at TLC and he didn't really impress at the Royal Rumble. And he basically threw the IC Title match against Bad News Barrett at Fastlane.

Ambrose is a marvel, in that he can be over without winning a match. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to win matches and get more and more people buying the Dean Ambrose shirt, or plonking down $9.99 for that Dean Ambrose match at the next live special.

youreSAWFT
02-24-2015, 11:58 PM
Does anyone buy a PPV or the network for just one superstar?
I think #BNB is in a bad way and really holding a minor title is a curse if anything, it keeps you stuck in the mid-card forever. Id love to see both men at mania ASAP.

Damian Rey
02-25-2015, 12:04 AM
There was a moment, when standing with Cena, where he was legit the number 2 baby face, and I thought to myself that he could realistically be a top guy and a featured player in the main event and upper mid card.

Since then, they've blown most of his steam on Wyatt and Rollins and he hasn't had any defining win to avenge himself. He's gone from borderline main eventer to treading water in the mid card.

XL
02-25-2015, 06:20 AM
Punk proved that you can lose on PPV after PPV and nail something that negates all of that, in his case "The Pipebomb".

There's a chance they could recapture Ambrose's overness somewhere down the line, I just don't understand why they'd choose to defer his heat. They did it with Cesaro this year and it's stupid booking.

The WWE midcard/IC Division should be as hot as it was in '97-'98 with Rock/Austin/HHH as midcard acts. Barrett, Ambrose, Ziggler, etc. have all of/most of the pieces but the booking just isn't consistent for them.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Does anyone buy a PPV or the network for just one superstar?
I think #BNB is in a bad way and really holding a minor title is a curse if anything, it keeps you stuck in the mid-card forever. Id love to see both men at mania ASAP.

Maybe if you're a kid, but you should be trying to create "must-see" Superstars. The WWE had the ability to do that with Dean Ambrose, and many others, but have chosen not to.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2015, 07:31 PM
Punk proved that you can lose on PPV after PPV and nail something that negates all of that, in his case "The Pipebomb".

There's a chance they could recapture Ambrose's overness somewhere down the line, I just don't understand why they'd choose to defer his heat. They did it with Cesaro this year and it's stupid booking.

The WWE midcard/IC Division should be as hot as it was in '97-'98 with Rock/Austin/HHH as midcard acts. Barrett, Ambrose, Ziggler, etc. have all of/most of the pieces but the booking just isn't consistent for them.

This post exactly. Right down to the "Tazz Dan For God" under your name.

Ambrose will be fine, but it's just a shame that the WWE doesn't want to make some Dean Ambrose money now. Cesaro was so poorly booked once he was paired with Heyman. The dude needed credibility. What good is winning a Battle Royal if you can't beat any of the guys you tossed out in one-on-one matches. He should have beaten Jack Swagger one-on-one at Extreme Rules. No RVD. No real face turn for Cesaro. Just the fans cheering him as he swung Swagger, possibly Colter, and got a big PPV win. Then he should have beaten Sheamus at Payback, who never should have been the US Champion. Maybe a tournament spot once Daniel Bryan was stripped of the World Title? Cesaro could have beaten Big Show in the first round, before being vanquished in the semi-finals. Or he could have won the semi-final and moved on to face John Cena or something. That combined with a Money in the Bank Ladder Match would have made a good card.

I would have had Dean Ambrose cut a promo after beating BNB for the IC Title where he referenced all those greats who had held the IC Title, and when they won it. He could have said "That is where I am right now." Create a sense of bad-ass nostalgia around his holding of the championship.

drave
02-26-2015, 07:01 AM
Noid for WWE Head of Creative 2015.

drave
02-26-2015, 07:01 AM
We can make it happen.

#CreativeNoid

SNLfunnyguy
02-26-2015, 12:02 PM
He has gone downhill since the Seth feud ended. he needs to find his footing again.