PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone as uninterested in WM31 as I am?

BigCrippyZ
03-01-2015, 09:42 PM
I honestly can't think of a WM I've been less interested in. Granted a lot of the best WM years were in my youth and I'm 30 now and I've only been watching since 1994.

That being said, this WM is uninteresting to me to this point. With 4 weeks to go, can they turn it around and get me excited about WM31? Sure.

Do I think they will get me excited in the next 4 weeks? Given their recent track record, it's not likely.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Been trying to listen to Podcasts like PWTorch, Steve Austin Show, JR show to get interested. We'll see what happens right now I'm only currently interested in seeing Sting Vs. Triple H.

youreSAWFT
03-01-2015, 10:27 PM
I dont think anyone besides cena fans will be happy, im sure he will walk away with a title and everything else will be meh. The only saving grace i can see and i hope to GOD this happens, is Reigns gets the win and brock is livid, beats the hell outta him and out comes mr. money in the bank to cash in and become champ. otherwise itll be a dud.

Wishbone
03-01-2015, 10:44 PM
No desire whatsoever to see WM this year. Honestly I'll probably still watch out of habit, but more than likely I'll just catch a replay of it and fast forward through most of it, or do something else while watching like dick around on the computer or something. Just seems boring as fuck this year and that's the first time I've said that about a WM since I started watching back in '98. WWE programming as a whole has just lost all its luster to me.

slik
03-02-2015, 12:25 AM
WM is generally a great show.

While there are things I'm not crazy about (so far), I'm open minded. Even with the worst card possible I'd be hard-pressed the week of WM not to be pumped tbh.

Clerk
03-02-2015, 12:39 AM
Slick always making something outta nothing. You gotta love it.

Jazzy Foot
03-02-2015, 01:41 AM
Not even the prospect of a tits match between Paige and Nikki Bella to close out the show is enough to entice you?

BigCrippyZ
03-02-2015, 02:43 AM
The push for a month and then job out cycle has killed almost everyone's momentum on the roster that isn't Reigns or Cena. The only guy seeming to be getting pushed properly is Seth Rollins.

I would agree with that. Although I feel like even Rollins momentum and push has been slowed over the last several weeks. Rollins hasn't quite gotten the same treatment he had been getting since the Rumble.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2015, 04:19 AM
I think the show will have a few sleeper moments, and I think the main event could be an epic moment for all the wrong reasons. Everyone will bust their ass because it is Mania, despite the lead-up to this PPV being completely nonsensical.

Tazz Dan
03-02-2015, 04:40 AM
I'm not, I'm looking forward to the show myself.

Ultra Mantis
03-02-2015, 09:31 AM
I am genuinely not interested in Wrestlemania this year, there is absolutely nothing on the card that makes me want to watch it. Reigns beating Lesnar is a lame duck. Wyatt / Taker strikes me as something that sounds better on paper than it does in reality. I've seen enough of Sting in TNA to not be excited for him wrestling HHH. Shoving most of the guys the audience actually cares about into a ladder match for the IC title is also a shitty move. Fandango doesn't even have a chance of winning the battle royale. Pass.

Ruien
03-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Interested in Cena and Rusev but that is about it.

Chimera
03-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Im gyped because its Mania but frankly theres so much alternative to WWE that I haven't followed it much lately

el bobbo
03-02-2015, 12:32 PM
The IC Title match should be pretty good. Kind of like a throwback to the great Wrestlemania MITB matches of the past. Also, the battle royale is probably going to be good, and hopefully the winner doesn't get the Cesaro treatment from last year.

The main event is crap, and the only way I can see it being salvaged is if Rollins cashes in. I am not really interested in Undertaker beating Bray and Sting beating HHH.

JimmyMess
03-02-2015, 12:33 PM
yeah what in the hell was the point of the andre battle royal if they just shit on Cesaro right after? Oh yeah WWE logic.

XL
03-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Been trying to listen to Podcasts like PWTorch, Steve Austin Show, JR show to get interested. We'll see what happens right now I'm only currently interested in seeing Sting Vs. Triple H.

Unfortunately Austin, and more so JR are WWE apologists. But they do emphasise the "what and see" aspect.

I'm not, I'm looking forward to the show myself.

I mean this with no malice, but, given your health you must look forward to/cherish everything more than most. Another Mania means you've made it another year (which is great) regardless of the quality of the show (or expected quality at least).

Also, where the bloody hell is my "I'M A TAZZ DAN GUY" shirt?

XL
03-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Personally, I'm not all that jazzed but I had planned to stay up and watch live. Now the Network only allows 1 stream on 1 device at any 1 time that might not even happen.

drave
03-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Personally, I'm not all that jazzed but I had planned to stay up and watch live. Now the Network only allows 1 stream on 1 device at any 1 time that might not even happen.

Will not be watching because of this rule. I bet they start enforcing it hardcore for Mania.

Kinda reminds me when I would acquire "hacked" satellite cards with open access. They would be gold until about 5-10 minutes before a big PPV and then POOF! Usually up and running within 15 minutes though :)

Rammsteinmad
03-03-2015, 01:16 PM
I'll go and watch it at the sports bar, but only because it's Wrestle-fucking-mania!!!! But yeah I totally couldn't give a shit about the card so far. WWE sucks so bad right now. Worst Wrestlemania season ever.

drave
03-03-2015, 01:25 PM
I'll go and watch it at the sports bar, but only because it's Wrestle-fucking-mania!!!!

I'm not even at that level :( First time ever.

BigCrippyZ
03-03-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm planning on watching it on the Network because it's only $10 for WM BUT I will also be drinking heavily during.

I don't even care about the $10/month and consider it gone like it's part of my cable/internet bill essentially.

I guess it's a little like the Super Bowl at this point. Even if I don't care who's in the game, I'm still going to watch it for the spectacle and talent of those involved.

I wonder if that's Vince's mindset regarding the network and WM/PPVs now? He figures network subscribers may not watch or enjoy the PPVs but most won't care enough about missing $10/month to actually cancel?

The Rogerer
03-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Does the clock going forward in the UK on that night make it an hour later for us or an hour earlier? I can never be bothered to work it out.

drave
03-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Neither, time is relative ;)

Corporate CockSnogger
03-03-2015, 03:54 PM
I'll go and watch it at the sports bar, but only because it's Wrestle-fucking-mania!!!! But yeah I totally couldn't give a shit about the card so far. WWE sucks so bad right now. Worst Wrestlemania season ever.

How could you watch wrestling in a bar? Like 80% of wrestling is perceived aurally.

Corkscrewed
03-03-2015, 03:56 PM
The amount of interest I have this year vs last year are basically inverts of each other. It's shocking to me how they could have done such an amazing job last year and such a ho-hum job this year.

Shisen Kopf
03-03-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm always super excited for Rasslemania BC I'm not a cynical bastard who gets no joy out anything. Woooooooo! yay WWE. Woooooo Roman Reigns!

Rammsteinmad
03-04-2015, 01:39 PM
How could you watch wrestling in a bar? Like 80% of wrestling is perceived aurally.

It's at Riley's, a snooker club chain. They have it on a huge screen, and at that time of night on a Sunday, it's only wrestling fans there.

They don't do all the PPV's, but here in Bristol they at least do the Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania and Summerslam.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/c5/fc/4b/rileys-sports-bar-and.jpg

DAMN iNATOR
03-04-2015, 03:04 PM

That's exactly what I did for several years at the local bar/restaurant. Being able to watch the shows free and only having to pay for meal and drinks? Yes, please! :cool: