PDA

View Full Version : Dreading that WM31 is going to blow so much?

Jazzy Foot
03-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Sting v Triple H should be hyped to death, we should have it rammed down our throats that this is the biggest thing since the asteroid hit the Earth and killed the dinosaurs. Instead it just feels so lame.

Reigns v Lesnar has no edge or excitement to it either. Goldust v Stardust never materialised, Cena and Rusev is going to be a predictable John Cena opportunity to show all the children how big his penis is, boring tag team scene, Randy Orton v Seth Rollins, The Andre the Giant (insulting the memory of) Battle Royal.

Even the IC title ladder match and all its gimmicks can't save this or Wyatt v Taker as the end of the streak tarnished what legacy Undertaker had left.

I am honestly dreading WM 31 even more so because I am going to it.

What do you think?

youreSAWFT
03-16-2015, 10:19 AM
I think this is going to be kinda lame. I mean nothing has any real upside or downside. We pretty much know how most of this stuff is going to go so theres not much reason to be hype. Theres nothing on the line the titles are all kind of meaningless now they have no prestige.

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2015, 09:17 PM
Something big will happen to help the show. Vince's ego won't let even him put on a shitty WrestleMania this year.

Fignuts
03-16-2015, 09:21 PM
Don't think I've ever been so unexcited for mania. 23 comes close. I'm pretty much only watching for Sting.

Shisen Kopf
03-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Needs a titty honking match to save it

Maluco
03-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Made the mistake of watching some of the shows in the run up to 17 these last few days...big mistake! Everything was so over and there was so much interest and intrigue, the Rumble PPV was really, really good. Miss all of that excitement and the stacked roster so much

Jazzy Foot
03-16-2015, 09:43 PM
Made the mistake of watching some of the shows in the run up to 17 these last few days...big mistake! Everything was so over and there was so much interest and intrigue, the Rumble PPV was really, really good. Miss all of that excitement and the stacked roster so much

Different era for wrestling then, the Monday Night Wars were coming to an end and WWE was very much in 7th Heaven. It brought out the best in all its employees and WM 17 was like the long-awaited victory parade and was a celebration of everything that made WWE at the time great. I still think having Austin heel turn was the wrong move I'd have rather Rock left as champion.

Simple Fan
03-17-2015, 12:22 AM
Really looking forward to it. Feel like it will be a good show and a lot better then last years.

NormanSmiley
03-17-2015, 03:48 AM
Really looking forward to it. Feel like it will be a good show and a lot better then last years.

fuckin crackhead

Simple Fan
03-17-2015, 10:01 AM
fuckin crackhead

Reigns winning the title will make me 10 times more happier then last years shitty Mania. Really dont see why every one is so down about this Mania. Sting / HHH will be awsome, Rollins/ Orton will steal the show, Lesner is white hot right now and should absolutly beat the shit out of Reigns. Also Bray vs Taker, how could you not like that match. The IC ladder match should be good, would rather see Shamus in it then the Battle Royal. Hopefully AxelMania is still running wild at the end of the match. Call me a crack head all you want but Mania this year is looking alot better than last years. You guys are just upset you little Daniel Bryan isn't in the main event and I get being a fan of his but he just doesn't have main event talent or look.

Damian Rey
03-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Except nobody is saying that right now and you're using it as a way to defend being in the minority of liking the card.

The most common complaint, if you haven't noticed, is the lack of intrigue on the card. Reigns wins. Bryan wins. Cena wins. Sting wins. Rollins wins. Those are the 5 biggest matches on the card, and, while undoubtedly set to be entertaining, the stories behind them have little depth. The best story so far is Orton/Rollins. It has personal heat. Everything else is shoehorned in. Bray Wyatt has carried a feud through promos, but has Undertaker lost his luster after looking so weak and feeble last year? It's certainly not the same going into Mania this year.

Last year's Mania had a near year long journey culminate. It took a loss from Summer Slam and built up the hero all they through Mania. This year, the hero showed up at the Rumble, having zero story to invest into, and was force fed into the main event. The investment isn't there. Regardless of what the hero's name happens to be.

Maluco
03-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Different era for wrestling then, the Monday Night Wars were coming to an end and WWE was very much in 7th Heaven. It brought out the best in all its employees and WM 17 was like the long-awaited victory parade and was a celebration of everything that made WWE at the time great. I still think having Austin heel turn was the wrong move I'd have rather Rock left as champion.

That doesn't mean we can't miss it

And while that era had things that can't be replicated, it had things that could be. Stories, intrigue and matches fans actually want to see.

Having Sting and Taker in key positions at Mania in 2015 is just wrong. This year could have been used to showcase Ambrose, Ziggler and Bryan in stories that could have intrigued.

Bryan trying to beat Lesnar, maybe Ambrose continuing a feud with the authority and taking on HHH. Ziggler and Barrett could have had a great ladder match over the IC title by themselves. But as it is, there are no intriguing stories to sell and most people fans were interested in are shoved into one bizarre match.

Jaded-Dragon
03-17-2015, 12:18 PM
That doesn't mean we can't miss it

And while that era had things that can't be replicated, it had things that could be. Stories, intrigue and matches fans actually want to see.

Having Sting and Taker in key positions at Mania in 2015 is just wrong. This year could have been used to showcase Ambrose, Ziggler and Bryan in stories that could have intrigued.

Bryan trying to beat Lesnar, maybe Ambrose continuing a feud with the authority and taking on HHH. Ziggler and Barrett could have had a great ladder match over the IC title by themselves. But as it is, there are no intriguing stories to sell and most people fans were interested in are shoved into one bizarre match.

Pretty much this.

So much wasted potential with the talent that they DO have on the roster.

NormanSmiley
03-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Except nobody is saying that right now and you're using it as a way to defend being in the minority of liking the card.

The most common complaint, if you haven't noticed, is the lack of intrigue on the card. Reigns wins. Bryan wins. Cena wins. Sting wins. Rollins wins. Those are the 5 biggest matches on the card, and, while undoubtedly set to be entertaining, the stories behind them have little depth. The best story so far is Orton/Rollins. It has personal heat. Everything else is shoehorned in. Bray Wyatt has carried a feud through promos, but has Undertaker lost his luster after looking so weak and feeble last year? It's certainly not the same going into Mania this year.

Last year's Mania had a near year long journey culminate. It took a loss from Summer Slam and built up the hero all they through Mania. This year, the hero showed up at the Rumble, having zero story to invest into, and was force fed into the main event. The investment isn't there. Regardless of what the hero's name happens to be.

ding ding ding, we have ourselves a poster who gets it!