PDA

View Full Version : POLL/DISCUSSION: Who should become the *TOP HEEL* on Smackdown? (immediate future)

Heyman
05-21-2004, 03:55 AM
POLL/DISCUSSION: Who should become the *TOP HEEL* on Smackdown? (immediate future)

Key word here, is IMMEDIATE future.

Should one of Mordecai or Suzuki be pushed immediately? Should the WWE simply push Big Show (when he gets back), Booker T, or Bradshaw?

Should the WWE turn one of their top fan favorites on Smackdown?

OR........should someone like Edge and/or Christian, etc. come to Smackdown and become top heel?

Bad Company
05-21-2004, 03:57 AM
X-Pac

Dave Youell
05-21-2004, 04:01 AM
I said someone from raw, as none of those guys IMO can make it as a top heel. A few can do it as top face.

RVD maybe could be top Heel, but they got to let him go all out 'ECW' style cocky with it and bring in Fonzy

Mr. JL
05-21-2004, 04:02 AM
They should continue to stick with JBL!
I'm really enjoying his and Guerrero's feud. Its nearly comparable to the Hart-Diesel feud... those two had a great set of matches and I can see the Guerrero-JBL feud becoming quite simular.

Heyman
05-21-2004, 04:04 AM
I said someone from raw, as none of those guys IMO can make it as a top heel.

Who would YOU suggest?

I wouldnt' mind seeing Christian go there. The WWE seem interested in pushing him, but it doesn't look like it will pan out on Raw. Christian has all the tools needed. I'd love to see him and Edge be aligned if this happened!

Mordecai keeps talking about a 'higher power'. Could this ultimately end up being Kane? :p

thuganomicalcrippler
05-21-2004, 08:23 AM
Booker T. But I guess thats going to go down the drain with the Booker T- Shango thing (which would be cool if they made Booker evil and scary)

big_bluto
05-21-2004, 08:31 AM
I gotta vote for RVD.
I WISH they would turn him heel right now.
He's been a fans favourite for ages, Heyman is hanging around heel dudleys, Eddie has the title - all the ingredients are there!
Turn him heel, and feud him with Eddie - they've had electrifying matches in the past, and I would LOVE that to happen.

The Icon of Elisim
05-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Booker T could do it easily if they started booking him right.

c4g2
05-21-2004, 11:19 AM
What if the mysterious hand sticking out of the dirt was Mordecai? :shifty:

deathtrap
05-21-2004, 11:23 AM
The Dudleyz

Joe Kerr
05-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Im thinking if we go vintage taker I mean Evil as fu</>ck undertaker bodybags, caskets, sacrifices..etc etc He most definatly would be the top reigning unstoppable heel....JBL's gimmick is going great the shit he says is giving him major crowd heat and thats what a top Heel needs...

CBright7831
05-21-2004, 11:35 AM
I don't know how the hell you can turn Cena, Taker, or Eddie heel. The reactions they recieve are phenominal.

Savio
05-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Taker beats up eddie there he's a heel.

The CyNick
05-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Taker is too over, and can add depth to Smackdown by working secondary feuds.

Booker T has already been beaten by Taker, so if he were to get the next program with Eddie, it would make Eddie look weak.

The only guys from RAW that would make sense as a top guy are HHH, Orton or HBK is he were to turn. Everyone else is too low on the card, and would further the belief that SD is inferior to RAW.

Dupree isn't ready.

If Kenzo Suzuki gets over right away, maybe you could do soemthing there, but I dont think that will work.

Whenever Big Show gets back he would make sense to feud with Eddie (because Eddie cost him his job).

Same with Angle, obviously whenever he comes back, he needs to be in the mian event with Eddie.

But the most logical thing to me is for RVD to jump into that spot. I like the idea of a babyface-babyface feud to start, transitioning into an RVD heel turn and perhaps a title win. But then Eddie gets it right back.

Sephiroth
05-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Booker T or Mordecia imo.

Nark Order
05-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Either have Eddie turn or keep JBL. Eddie is like one of the best heels in history and the JBL angle is workin magnificiently

loopydate
05-21-2004, 07:55 PM
RVD.

big_bluto
05-21-2004, 08:02 PM
RVD.

You da man! :y:

Heyman
05-21-2004, 08:17 PM
DISCUSSION - Perhaps Smackdown doesn't HAVE to turn anyone heel????????????

How would this scenerio sound?

Keep everyone as they are right now, but have MIDCARDERS like Bradshaw, Booker T, and even a popcorn fart like Billy Gunn feud with Eddie Guerrero for the WWE title. Meanwhile, guys like Kenzo Suzuki and Mordecai are being built up in the mid-cards.

When these two are finally ready, they move up to the main-event level.

Meanwhile, guys like Bradshaw, Booker T, and even Billy Gunn will have given fans the "illusion" that they can be 'legitimate' World champions (if that makes sense). Let me explain:

Deep down...............I think the WWE knows that a guy like Bradshaw will never be World champion. However - he could be a VERY good mid-card heel....with the gimmick that he has now. <font color=wheat>By putting him in the main-events right now, it increases his HEAT. This bodes well for the future when he's downgraded back to the mid-cards. This will make Smackdown look like it has more depth as well. </font> If this works for Bradshaw, then perhaps it could work for other guys such as Billy Gunn.

Basically - the mid-card on Smackdown could "appear" to be very strong in the future if some of these guys (i.e. Bradshaw, Billy Gunn, Booker T, etc.) main-event RIGHT NOW while Smackdown is still going through its formative period (and when I say "formative" period, I mean building up guys such as John Cena, Hass, Mordecai, Suzuki, and Dupree for the FUTURE).

Stickman
05-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Im thinking if we go vintage taker I mean Evil as fu</>ck undertaker bodybags, caskets, sacrifices..etc etc He most definatly would be the top reigning unstoppable heel....JBL's gimmick is going great the shit he says is giving him major crowd heat and thats what a top Heel needs...

Man, I totally forgot about the undertaker and bodybags...those were the days :)

El Santo
05-21-2004, 11:04 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, I said Bradshaw. After Judgment Day, I frikkin' HATED him for forcing Eddie into a DQ. I'm sorta looking forward to a Hardcore rematch at Great American Bash, as Bradshaw is essentially a hardcore wrestler and might be able to pull off a decent match.

The week of the trade, btw, I would've said Booker, but the WWE had made him look ridiculous and weak with this whole voodoo gimmick.

Oh, and how about Chavo Jr.? Now that he's hardly the Cruiser champ anymore, now would be a good time to elevate him to US Title heel and put him in a feud with John Cena.

Wildcat789
05-22-2004, 12:21 AM
JBL is good for now. RVD would be the coolest thing ever though, since he's been face for EVER. He'd have to be madd hardcore, and him vs. Eddie in a no-dq match would make both men look really strong in the end. I suppose we'll see... =\

MVP
05-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Why did some of you guys say Mordecai?

Sure, he has a great gimmick, and from what I hear he's not to bad in the ring, but his still way too green to be the top heel. I know that a monster push is a good idea for Mordecai and all, but not yet.

Fox
05-22-2004, 01:41 AM
Pushing Mordecai into the main event would be disasterous. It would be almost as bad as Steiner vs. Triple H last year.

I think the best contender for Smackdown's top heel is John Cena. Sure, he's recieving some of the biggest pops of anyone in the company, but that's the beauty of it: the fans love him so much that they'll hate him even more when he turns heel. Just like Hulk Hogan during the whole nWo turn (although Cena's turn obviously won't be as impactful).

The scenario would be simple. Eddie continues to feud with Bradshaw, and JBL brings in a partner (maybe a return for Farooq?) to help him in his beatings of Eddie Guerrero on SD! So who comes to his rescue? John Cena! Then, at the Great American Bash, Eddie wins the match, but Farooq and Bradshaw beat down on him. Cena comes running to the ring and the two Acolytes scatter. Cena helps Eddie to his feet before, BOOM! F-U right in the middle of the ring. Finish things off with a couple of belt shots to the head of Guerrero, and maybe even the Five Knuckle Shuffle for a little more heat. The Cena turn would be phenomenal, and would really escalate John into main event status.

MVP
05-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Pushing Mordecai into the main event would be disasterous. It would be almost as bad as Steiner vs. Triple H last year.

I think the best contender for Smackdown's top heel is John Cena. Sure, he's recieving some of the biggest pops of anyone in the company, but that's the beauty of it: the fans love him so much that they'll hate him even more when he turns heel. Just like Hulk Hogan during the whole nWo turn (although Cena's turn obviously won't be as impactful).

The scenario would be simple. Eddie continues to feud with Bradshaw, and JBL brings in a partner (maybe a return for Farooq?) to help him in his beatings of Eddie Guerrero on SD! So who comes to his rescue? John Cena! Then, at the Great American Bash, Eddie wins the match, but Farooq and Bradshaw beat down on him. Cena comes running to the ring and the two Acolytes scatter. Cena helps Eddie to his feet before, BOOM! F-U right in the middle of the ring. Finish things off with a couple of belt shots to the head of Guerrero, and maybe even the Five Knuckle Shuffle for a little more heat. The Cena turn would be phenomenal, and would really escalate John into main event status.
That's a good scenario, but Cena would make Eddie look weak considering how stale his gimmick is, and how bland his wrestling has been lately.

The most logical choice is RVD, him and Eddie would put on some excellent matches to make up for the lousyness of everything else, and give RVD the push he's deserved for a long time, without him necessarily winning the title.

The Show Off
05-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Big Show
PROS: Anytime a guy can beat a 7 foot monster like The Big Show the guy looks super legit. It's easy getting over the unstoppable heel gimmick with a guy that's significantly bigger then his opponents...

CONS: We've been there and done that with the Big Show. It's been proven that the WWE is afarid to "run" with the Big Show, and this point in time a 1 month heel reign won't cut it.

Booker T
PROS: This guy can get really over as a heel and a face. He's got the skills on the stick and the skills in the ring to put people in main event type matches.

CONS: If he has this Voodoo Booker type angle that I'm hearing about he won't be anything better then a dumb gimmick. If they go with the B-team gimmick Smackdown looks bad. Either way putting it tops on the card exposes Smackdown to ridicule.

John Layfield Bradshaw
PROS: He's there already. Not only that but him and Guerrero have a cool dynamic going on together, they have a good rich man versus poor man type deal going on between the two which always is good at putting a face even more over.

CONS: I'm not sure if this JBL schidick will work every well when it's put up against any faces other then Eddie or Cena. Plus it's yet to be seen if he can put on solid matches with guys that aren't as good in the ring as a Guerrero.

RVD
PROS: Some of the newer WWE fans, or just non-hardcore wrestling fans, a chance to Rob Van Dam at his very best playing the perfect cocky heel. We don't need Bill Alfonso blowing his f*cking whistle as someone else said, the Whole F*ucking Show could get some heel heat with out him.

CONS: None, make him your top name.

John Cena
PROS: Cena was a kick ass heel, that was over with the fans and was able to put on pretty decent matchs. Plus we'd get a chance to see Cena not watered down.

CONS: I have a belief that if you become a face or a heel, you should stay that way for at least a year or so, Cena still has about 6 months to get to that point.

Eddie Guerrero
PROS: None.

CONS: Everything, namely Guerrero is the biggest fan favorite in not only Smackdown but the WWE right now.

Undertaker
PROS: Heel Undertaker can really get evil and start the Ministry again which was pretty friggin' cool. Not to mention that if an up and comming face (say John Cena, or Rob Van Dam) could really get legit by beating the Dead Man one on one.

CONS: We all know that 'Taker won't give enough people the rub in the main event slot to warrent making him the top heel.

Renne Dupree
PROS: He's massivly over as a heel.

CONS: He's too young and the guy has an ego already, imagine if you make this kid the youngest world champion ever? That'd be disasterious in the future when he's one of the guys carrying the company.

Mordecai or Kenzo Suzuki (one of these guys receive immediate pushes)
PROS: It immidatly begins to make Smackdown's roster look like it has main event players.

CONS: Pushing anyone to main event after there entrance is a bad idea.

Someone from the Raw Roster (i.e. Edge, Christian, etc.)
PROS: Edge or Christian would be great main event heels, they'd get the crowds really pissed and make people care about seeing them lose.

CONS: First off Christian isn't a main eventer, and if he defected from Raw and won the Smackdown world title it's make Smackdown look even weaker which I think everyone agrees is not a good idea.

Who I think should be Heel:
# 1 is who I think should most be heel, # 10 is who I think least should be heel

1. Rob Van Dam
2. The Undertaker
3. Big Show
4. John Bradshaw Layfield
5. Booker T
6. John Cena
7. Someone from the Raw Roster
8. Mordecai or Kenzo Suzuki
9. Renee Dupree
10. Eddie Guerrero

Fox
05-22-2004, 02:29 PM
That's a good scenario, but Cena would make Eddie look weak considering how stale his gimmick is, and how bland his wrestling has been lately.

If the scenario were to take place, it would all depend upon Cena's in-ring actions to make it work. He would need to become a "don't give a shit about anyone" killer in the ring and on the mic, a mixture of Eminem and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Maybe his wrestling as a face has been bland lately, but I think that could change easily with a big heel turn.

The only problem I have with an RVD heel turn is that he doesn't have the mic skills to get over enough. Maybe if he was teamed with Paul Heyman it would work, but even still, he isn't vicious enough in the ring to be considered a true threat.