PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bill Goldberg - last match for both men. Still possible?

Heyman
04-06-2015, 05:22 AM
DISCUSSION - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bill Goldberg - last match for both men. Still possible?

From what I gather from the following video clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5_6inH-rA4), Goldberg would be open to having one final match in the WWE even though he's not on the best terms with Triple H and Vince McMahon.

Being the competitive guy that he is, I think Austin would like to end his wrestling career on a "win" as well......and more importantly, getting a good pay day out of it.

Although it is 15 years too late, I think an Austin/Goldberg match would still pique interest, and that if you're going to do something like that, you should do it now before it truly is too late (i.e. Goldberg is 48 years old while Austin is 50).

They did HHH vs. Sting this year so why not do a REAL "best of WWE vs. best of WCW?"

Wrestlemania is also in Texas next year.

MoFo
04-06-2015, 07:06 AM
I'd still love it, but I feel like the only time it could of happened was Wrestlemania 21, after Austin stunnered him the year before.

The Snake
04-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Unless there's been some recent updates on the situation, I thought WWE had pretty much washed their hands of Goldberg for a few reasons. The gist of it being that he didn't draw as well as they hoped. He was a bad worker and he was overly injury prone even back in his younger days. I think on one of J.R's podcasts they were recounting a time when one of the guys was ribbing McMahon on bad decisions and he referred to Goldberg a complete waste of a million dollars.

Wrestlemania
04-06-2015, 09:04 AM
DISCUSSION - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bill Goldberg - last match for both men. Still possible?

From what I gather from the following video clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5_6inH-rA4), Goldberg would be open to having one final match in the WWE even though he's not on the best terms with Triple H and Vince McMahon.

Being the competitive guy that he is, I think Austin would like to end his wrestling career on a "win" as well......and more importantly, getting a good pay day out of it.

Although it is 15 years too late, I think an Austin/Goldberg match would still pique interest, and that if you're going to do something like that, you should do it now before it truly is too late (i.e. Goldberg is 48 years old while Austin is 50).

They did HHH vs. Sting this year so why not do a REAL "best of WWE vs. best of WCW?"

Wrestlemania is also in Texas next year.

No, I personally doesn't see this happening, just because My event is in Texas next year doesn't mean Austin will even perform, or even show up specially now with this huge argument he's having with Vince.

Austin vs Goldberg would have been more awesome back in the day when goldberg still had his streak... and the hype was fab.

Rammsteinmad
04-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Nobody would care, and that includes me.

Sting vs. Triple H was a nice touch, although, was far from the "holy fuck greatest moment of all time" that some of us may have wanted it to be.

Nobody gives a fuck about Goldberg anymore, and to be honest most people probably don't give two shits about Austin anymore either. A few wrestling nerds will get pumped for it, but ultimately this match is ten years too late, and will only serve to take the spotlight off of people that need it more, like, I dunno, today's roster perhaps?

Innovator
04-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Let it go.

Jazzy Foot
04-06-2015, 04:34 PM
neither are on the best of terms with McMahon and I don't think it would draw enough interest. Neither man is coming back to a WWE ring any time soon and if they did Austin the more likely if he were to resolve his issues with McMahon. More chance of Austin v Hogan than Austin v Goldberg.

ron the dial
04-06-2015, 05:16 PM
i have no desire to see that match. frankly, i have no desire to see either of them work a match with anybody at this point.

Simple Fan
04-06-2015, 06:25 PM
No I don't even think it would be a good match 15 years ago. Austin would have to carry Goldberg the whole match.