PDA

View Full Version : Talking Point of the Week: Which post-Mania storyline is the least bad?

Poit
04-15-2015, 03:01 AM
TLP Talking Point of the Week:

On the road to Extreme Rules, we have a number of lackluster storylines. In no particular order...

Miz/Sandow could have been great, but starting it with a rollup victory for Miz took a lot out of the feud.
Cena/Rusev rematch
Rollins/Kane
Rollins/Orton
Paige/Naomi
Whatever the fuck Sheamus is doing
After a brief detour with the Undertaker, Bray Wyatt is back to feuding with... the idea of goodness? I think?
Reigns/Big Show for some reason
Brock Lesnar is suspended

This list is by no means exhaustive, just a sample of what we have right now. And so we ask you, the TLP universe, which mediocre story is the least mediocre? What is the cream of the crap?

Jordan
04-15-2015, 03:04 AM
I feel like the best things on TV are pretty much John Cena, Seth Rollins, and sometimes Randy Orton.

Jordan
04-15-2015, 03:05 AM
Cena's US Open Challenge has been great, I hope they keep the gimmick going. Everytime Seth is around you know the story is gonna advance a little, so there is excitement about it. Orton has been really hot as a babyface, the crowds love him, they really need to give him some momentum going into this match though.

DAMN iNATOR
04-15-2015, 03:08 AM
Miz/Mizdow rift and feud for sure.

drave
04-15-2015, 05:49 AM
I'd have to go with Rollins/Orton. I feel like they had a solid match @ mania and feel like they can put on high-quality matches moving forward. The only thing that concerns me is that it will end up being the typical "J&J, Show, etc. interference" that causes things to break down. Hopefully Rollins can find another heel tactic that hasn't been used to keep building heat and add more dimension to his character.

Orton has done a great job of having more energy in his promos and I also feel like he has improved in the ring as well. He used to be boring as hell, and could use a new thing or two to add to his moveset (fuck you if you don't like that term), but he is still an overall solid performer.

Between the two of them "getting it", this seems to be the most interesting for me, with Cena/Rusev at a very close 2nd (nearly a tie between the two), I am just tired of seeing Cena :|

Innovator
04-15-2015, 07:07 AM
Brock Lesnar because Brock Lesnar did what Brock Lesnar did because Brock Lesnar is Brock Lesnar

Ruien
04-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Rollins/Orton is good but I like the Miz/Mizdow the best. Starting with a roll up victory was a good way to go IMO.

drave
04-15-2015, 08:50 AM
I would love to see Miz/Mizdow evolve into something that is great for both, but it will inevitably fizzle into nothingness and Mizdow will begin to be featured less and less as 2015 continues. That is the sole reason I couldn't go with them, as great as Sandow is :(

Schlomey
04-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Miz/Sandow and even that is being pulled off poorly. Until Brock comes back or Bray decides who he is actually talking to....I would say ..really none of them. Nothing great happening currently.

The Cena US open makes good matches...but i'm talking feuds/stories.

Jazzy Foot
04-15-2015, 10:39 AM
They're all pretty lame and difficult to say which is the least lame. IMO I feel the Divas has become slightly more interesting given AJ Lee suddenly departed and that we're all expecting there to be some kind of a shift with NXT Divas being called up to the main roster.

However to bring in a point from a previous thread, I felt back in the days when Backlash was the post-WM PPV, there were some decent storylines/matches etc. Now WWE are just getting lazy and all the hype/buzz etc seems to be fed into WM and Summer Slam though I have never really taken to the latter.

Jazzy Foot
04-15-2015, 10:43 AM
I mean key highlights from Backlash: 2000 (Rock beats Triple H for the title following WM defeat), 2001 (Austin and Triple H beat Kane and Taker for tag titles. A reverse win would have resulted in the WWE or IC title for either Kane or Taker), 2002 (Hogan wins undisputed title), 2003 (Goldberg beats Rock in debut match).

Big Vic
04-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Rollins/Orton now because it's logical.

Innovator
04-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Rollins/Orton now because it's logical.

Good point, but it's missing assault on Michael Cole.

Anybody Thrilla
04-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Ambrose v. Harper in the War of the Wifebeaters

Mr. Nerfect
04-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Honestly, probably the stuff between Paige and Naomi. I'm not sure how I feel about heel Naomi yet, but it's progress forward for her. Plus she has a legitimate reason to be chuffed off, which is always great fuel for a heel.

Mr. Nerfect
04-15-2015, 05:30 PM
But wait -- isn't Paige now the #1 Contender for Nikki's Divas Title? Man, WWE creative sucks right now.

Kris P Lettus
04-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Lesnar is the best and him freaking out on Raw was the best thing ive seen in "the modern era".

Ambrose vs Harper
Orton vs Rollins

Emperor Smeat
04-15-2015, 05:44 PM
US Open Challenge has been good but really like Orton vs Rollins more at the moment.

Rollins possibly being the one who causes the Authority to crumble because of his arrogance is a lot better than the usual "face destroys group" storyline. The lack of blandness with Randy's face turn so far has been great.