PDA

View Full Version : Heyman!

Ruien
04-28-2015, 11:05 PM
We need a new Heyman guy. There are a LOT of possibilities out there currently. With Barrett winning King of the Ring maybe he could have been "motivated" by Heyman in the back (Like Cesaro was with the Andre The Giant thing).

I think it would be really cool if Neville became a Paul Heyman guy. Seeing as Brock is pretty much a face now it may be time to turn Heyman face too. Let Neville lose the next 2 Raw matches he has (Because Smackdown! does not count) and have Neville run into Heyman backstage. Heyman gives a little pep talk and Neville wins his next match. Heyman congratulates Neville on beating *Inset Name Here* and the relationship forms.

We really need Heyman on the television while Brock is out.

Simple Fan
04-28-2015, 11:11 PM
He should be on commentary until Brock returns.

#1-norm-fan
04-28-2015, 11:33 PM
It would only work if they could commit to pushing a guy for more than 2 weeks. They can't so... I don't like the idea of watering down the honor of being a Paul Heyman guy more by having him fail miserably with more jobbers.

Ruien
04-28-2015, 11:52 PM
As long as he reminds people about Brock (Something that is needed) it will be fine either way.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-29-2015, 12:08 AM
I honestly like the idea of Heyman just all of a sudden giving a guy pep talks (preferably Neville) like you said, a throwback to his ECW kool-aid drinking speeches. It'd be a refreshing change, and would show great depth and thought, as well as giving the fans a reason to be attached and invested in the product.

Because of all of those things, it would never happen.

Ruien
04-29-2015, 12:18 AM
Haha probably. But he needs to be on television.

Dukelorange
04-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Both of them need to stay off the television right now. The majority of the fans are casual viewers and probably are not thinking about Brock Lesnar, so when he does come back. It will be a bigger payoff all around.

Ruien
04-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Will those fans be around? Heyman has the ability to promote Brock for the fans to want to see him AND build up someone such as Neville. To keep the best talker the company has right now off television makes no sense.

Simple Fan
04-29-2015, 12:15 PM
If he was on commentary he could talk up Brock a lot and also get guys over without making them a Paul Heyman Guy. He could replace Booker T. Cole , JBL and Heyman would be a pretty good announce crew.

Evil Vito
04-29-2015, 12:45 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Heyman likely has no interest in doing commentary full-time. Believe he said on a podcast a few months back that he likes only having to be there when Brock is there or to hype up a forthcoming Brock match.</font>

drave
04-29-2015, 12:52 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Heyman likely has no interest in doing commentary full-time. Believe he said on a podcast a few months back that he likes only having to be there when Brock is there or to hype up a forthcoming Brock match.</font>

And this is a formula that works. While commentary wouldn't be a bad idea, I feel like it would water down Heyman's style, which is all he has at this point. He does a flawless job of promoting Lesnar and should remain as such.

They had a chance to make a "Paul Heyman Guy" stable, which could have been tremendous, but that time has passed.

Ruien
04-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Everyone would get tired of hearing about Brock after 3 hours of Raw.

I do think the stable idea is as good as dead but he could easily have a second client to keep him busy. There are many things Heyman can accomplish by having another client. It is a way for the creative team, as lazy as they are, to be able to have a character on the spotlight without having to do much work. Plus, who does not miss having Heyman confront the Authority? Heyman could even use the new client to get Brock brought back to the WWE.

DAMN iNATOR
05-05-2015, 05:01 PM
I still occasionally think about the commentary for Booker vs. Rock @ SummerSlam 2001 for the WCW Championship and Heyman tells J.R. about the Spin-a-roonie and J.R. ridicules the name saying it sounds like something delicious that Chef Boyardee would make. Cracks me up every time.

KIRA
05-05-2015, 08:30 PM
"Christian? His parents had 9 months and they named him Christian? My parents had 9 months they didn't name me jew"

I loved that Heyman is the man!

Rammsteinmad
05-06-2015, 05:31 AM
"Heyman Guy" is a term that's lost it's appeal because of overuse.

It originally seemed like an honor, that Heyman genuinely believed in this guy behind the scenes and pushed to make him the star he should be. Now, it's just a lame marketing thing that so far, other than Punk and Lesnar, hasn't really worked for anyone.

drave
05-06-2015, 06:03 AM
It could have worked for Cesaro though..... except that creative is full of derp.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/564961761204637697/Wjax5dIw.jpeg

Nicky Fives
05-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Heyman should only be paired with "The Next Big Thing" once his time with Lesnar is up, because Heyman's character would only care about "The Next Big Thing" making him money....The guy would also likely use Heyman as a mouthpiece a la Brock, so I'd be looking for someone in NXT before anyone on the current roster....

drave
05-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Feel like Baron Corbin would benefit greatly from a mouthpiece like Heyman.

Nowhere Man
05-06-2015, 06:02 PM
I'd actually like to see Hideo Itami come up as a Paul Heyman guy. He fits the CM Punk bill as being a smaller indie guy who's still a world-caliber badass, and also has shades of Brock in that he can wreck people in the ring but definitely needs a mouthpiece (seriously, don't let Itami talk on his own, it's painful). Maybe bring him in as a foil to Neville or something.

Mr. Nerfect
05-14-2015, 07:55 PM
I would like to see Heyman show up at Payback and have a backstage meeting with Kane -- presumably about future business and the suspension of Brock Lesnar. What he has really done, however, is bury into the brain of Kane, and reminded him of the monster he used to be. He convinces Kane to rebuke against the system and cost Rollins the WWE World Title.

Heyman eventually returns after Seth defeats Kane at Money in the Bank and says he knows Heyman was behind it, and Heyman comes out and says that Seth not only Curb Stomped the WWE Title away from Brock Lesnar, but away from Paul Heyman and his bank account as well. He wants Seth to fight Lesnar.

Something like that.