PDA

View Full Version : I have fallen for Ryback.

Shadrick
05-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Man crush only bros.

Nah, I'm not sure what it is, but I really like the Ryback character, as well as the person portraying it.

And its in a weird retroactive way. I remember when he was a wrecking ball, and Fan said he had what it took to be the face of the company, etc, and I scoffed. I'm still not sold on face of the company (comparable to Cena) but man, for some reason, I catch myself marking out on old Ryback moments that I didn't mark out for before.

Learning more about Ryan Reeves the person, his view on life, the things he's gone through, the things he's had to fight to get back, and things he appreciates definitely helps a lot. It feels like everything he does, in terms of his presence, energy, in ring style, etc, all fits well perfectly. I once said he was only as over as his phrase, but I realize now that that doesn't matter, as long as he's OVER. I think it also helped that he himself was over, as there was a groundswell for a new star to be made. WWE fucked that up of course, but it was a nice little few month period.

I've grown to respect him as a performer, as a person, and as a character. Feed. Me. More. Thank you. *curtsies*

Shisen Kopf
05-02-2015, 10:11 AM
*THE RYBACK

The Condor
05-02-2015, 10:13 AM
I love (platonic, like my love for Brett Gardner) the guy, and I don't care if his run with Heyman was critically panned, I loved it. The dude is legit.

ron the dial
05-02-2015, 10:23 AM
i think i would be ok if i never saw him wrestle again.

Maluco
05-02-2015, 10:39 AM
I absolutely hate his attire now. In an effort to stand out, it looks like he is wearing everything he has ever worn, and in the brightest colours possible. It is far too busy and makes him look like a clown.

Lose the armbands, weight belt as well as the different colour undershorts. Back to two darker colours, needs to be taken seriously. Sometimes less is more!

Bad News Gertner
05-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Man crush only bros.

Nah, I'm not sure what it is, but I really like the Ryback character, as well as the person portraying it.

And its in a weird retroactive way. I remember when he was a wrecking ball, and Fan said he had what it took to be the face of the company, etc, and I scoffed. I'm still not sold on face of the company (comparable to Cena) but man, for some reason, I catch myself marking out on old Ryback moments that I didn't mark out for before.

Learning more about Ryan Reeves the person, his view on life, the things he's gone through, the things he's had to fight to get back, and things he appreciates definitely helps a lot. It feels like everything he does, in terms of his presence, energy, in ring style, etc, all fits well perfectly. I once said he was only as over as his phrase, but I realize now that that doesn't matter, as long as he's OVER. I think it also helped that he himself was over, as there was a groundswell for a new star to be made. WWE fucked that up of course, but it was a nice little few month period.

I've grown to respect him as a performer, as a person, and as a character. Feed. Me. More. Thank you. *curtsies*

Welcome to the good side. Us brothas gotta stick together.

Shisen Kopf
05-02-2015, 12:20 PM
THE RYBACK shoulda been champ by now instead of that goat faced, injury prone DB called Daniel Bryan.

Vastardikai
05-02-2015, 12:32 PM
I certainly feel like, at the very least, THE RYBACK should have won this year's Andre Battle Royal and use that as a launching pad. He is where the WWE wants Reigns to be, charisma-wise and overness-wise.

#1-norm-fan
05-02-2015, 01:00 PM
How much would WWE KILL to have the crowd be half as in love with Reigns as they were with Ryback when they pushed him originally? That reaction the night he got his hands on Punk is still one of my favorite crowd reactions of the modern era simply because it didn't feature a big return or a part-timer who was over from another era or a typically raucous/smark crowd. Just one full-time guy who's on TV every week ready to murder another and the crowd was going fucking insane. What could have been...

mitch_h
05-02-2015, 01:03 PM
I don't know how anyone can not love that Ryback smile.

mitch_h
05-02-2015, 01:05 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/33b97eef4d9c66d217964937566082a1/tumblr_mtyzihTcHJ1sc0sroo6_250.gif

Warms my heart.

Fignuts
05-02-2015, 01:06 PM
I haven't.

Lock Jaw
05-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Ryback > Roman Reigns in almost every way as a singles competitor.

I will say, though, that I haven't seen a Ryback match as good as Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan.

Then again, I'm sure if Ryback went up against Daniel Bryan in a similar situation, it would also have been a great match.

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2015, 03:46 PM
They did have a great match last year didn't they?

Lock Jaw
05-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't know. I don't really remember too many Ryback matches... liked his matches against CM Punk and also against John Cena....

I would like to think that the best match of his I have seen is some random match vs Cesaro....

Poseidon
05-02-2015, 04:41 PM

http://s16.postimg.org/q9hf7vadh/image.jpg

Shadrick
05-02-2015, 05:52 PM
How much would WWE KILL to have the crowd be half as in love with Reigns as they were with Ryback when they pushed him originally? That reaction the night he got his hands on Punk is still one of my favorite crowd reactions of the modern era simply because it didn't feature a big return or a part-timer who was over from another era or a typically raucous/smark crowd. Just one full-time guy who's on TV every week ready to murder another and the crowd was going fucking insane. What could have been...

You mean the night he clotheslined Punk, with JR selling the shit out of it, and the hard camera was shaking? That shit was awesome.

Emperor Smeat
05-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Still needs some improving in the ring but have warmed up to him character-wise since his heel turn against Cena. That promo for the turn added more to his character and direction than the constant jobber squashing ever did.

Bad News Gertner
05-02-2015, 07:06 PM
They did have a great match last year didn't they?

Yeah it was on Smackdown. It was a very good match.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nVO0GTlQRb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan
05-03-2015, 03:50 AM
Still needs some improving in the ring but have warmed up to him character-wise since his heel turn against Cena. That promo for the turn added more to his character and direction than the constant jobber squashing ever did.

The constant jobber squashing did more for him than the heel turn ever could. He was scary as shit and when they put him against the top heel, the crowd was ready for him to take over as THE guy because he was the guy who any cocky, douchebag heel had to avoid.... And if they ever came up against him, they were fucked. And the crowd could always back him as their representation against that heel. That's how you build a guy like Ryback. As soon as they made him very vulnerable and fragile, it was all over.

Shadrick
05-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Brocks theme, The Shield, and Rybacks theme are easily the best themes to lift to.

I was at the gym last night and did Rybacks whole entrance when I walked up to the bench for my pump. I'm fairly certain I looked ridiculous, but I don't care. Feed me more.

#1-norm-fan
05-07-2015, 09:51 PM
I use Ryback's theme for an alarm sometimes. Seriously.

Bad News Gertner
05-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Lol Curtis Axel's theme is my alarm

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-07-2015, 09:57 PM
I use Ryback's theme for an alarm sometimes. Seriously.

With him saying "WAKE UP? IT'S FEEDING TIME?!"

#1-norm-fan
05-07-2015, 10:26 PM
No. That's a good idea though.

Lock Jaw
05-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Ryback's theme one of my favourites... so good.... I often times hum it and break out singing the first two lines, which are the only ones I know....

MEAT ON THE TABLE, THAT'S JUST WHAT YOU ARE
YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU WON'T GET TOO FAAAAAAAAAAAAR

#1-norm-fan
05-08-2015, 05:14 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wOy6b6X9lws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still can't fathom how human beings who were hired to write a television program fucked this up. Doesn't even seem possible. Holy fuck, WWE...

Shadrick
05-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Evolution is my alarm when its time for me to get ready to go to my part time. My gym playlist is almost exclusively WWE.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wOy6b6X9lws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still can't fathom how human beings who were hired to write a television program fucked this up. Doesn't even seem possible. Holy fuck, WWE...

Listen to that crowd. Jesus. The shaking hard cam, JR selling the shit outta that clothesline.

Anybody Thrilla
05-08-2015, 03:29 PM
He seems like a good dude and I think he definitely has charisma, but his matches bore me.