PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about a Shield reunion with a new guy

Fignuts
05-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Tonight's one minute reunion just reminded me of how much I loved the shield. What if they put it together with Reigns, Ambrose, and a new member. Another up and coming new talent? Who would you choose?

Heisenberg
05-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Finn Balor

or Samoa Joe to make it "Two Samoans and a White Microphone"

Fignuts
05-17-2015, 11:35 PM
Feel like it needs to be someone new to the main roster. Itami would be good. Great way for him to get over on the main roster without having to speak. He also has that "badass" factor that one would need to be the guy. Like, you couldn't put fandango or the miz in there. Has to be someone with RUTHLESS AGGRESSION.

Balor is a no go imo, cause if he's in the shield he can't do his awesome makeup stuff and entrance

Simple Fan
05-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Really wish Corey Graves was still wresting because he would be perfect.

Heyman
05-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Tonight's one minute reunion just reminded me of how much I loved the shield. What if they put it together with Reigns, Ambrose, and a new member. Another up and coming new talent? Who would you choose?

I wouldn't recreate a new Shield at all. If you're going to be bring back The Shield, do it with the original 3.

My hope is that they do re-unite at some point, and have a long feud with a re-united Wyatt Family. Lots of untapped potential there still.

Fignuts
05-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Dunno, I feel like it is a good idea, if only for Reigns' sake. He's clearly not ready to be "the guy" yet. Putting him in a new shield would give him time to develop where he needs to, while still keeping him over with the fans. Because I don't see that happening as a lone superstar. I just don't. At least everyone liked Reigns when he was in the shield.

Lock Jaw
05-18-2015, 01:59 AM
I think the best NXT guy would be SCOTT DAWSON.

Yeah, that's right. :shifty:

Jordan
05-18-2015, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't bring the shield back with anyone but the originals. But if they had to do it, Joe, Balor, or Itami could possibly work.

Jordan
05-18-2015, 09:47 AM
Also I disagree with Fignuts, Reigns is ready. I was popping for his near falls last night. I wanted him to win.

Fignuts
05-18-2015, 08:01 PM
In ring he has improved to where he needs to be to be a top guy. I will definitely concede that. But everywhere else? No, I'm still not sold. Keep in mind, you have to hold Reigns up to a higher standard, because they're not just pushing him as a main event guy. They're pushing him as THE guy. That's a position that only a few people in history have held, and Reigns isn't even halfway to matching them where it counts.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
05-19-2015, 05:05 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/997/812/leokruger_original.jpg

Lock Jaw
05-19-2015, 07:01 PM
And I shall call him, Mini-Reigns

drave
05-19-2015, 07:26 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/997/812/leokruger_original.jpg

Please tell me this is AFTER the Adam Rose character......

drave
05-19-2015, 07:27 PM
I mean, I get he did Kruger before Rose, just that the gimmick sucks.

Jazzy Foot
05-19-2015, 10:53 PM
Never bring back the Shield.

Rollermacka
05-19-2015, 10:56 PM
They should bring back Kassius Ohno and put him in with Ambrose and Reigns (throwback to CM Punk's podcast). Then have Rollins build a New Shield with Samoa Joe and Leo Kruger (so he still has his Samoan muscle and "crazy guy"), then..... the two trios should feud to prove whose the better Shield

Bad News Gertner
05-19-2015, 11:21 PM
Ugh no

Anybody Thrilla
05-20-2015, 11:38 AM
No way. I loved The Shield a whole lot too, but a reunion right now would set Ambrose back.

Haven't people been saying that the problem with Reigns is that he hasn't stepped far enough away from The Shield aura and he's been doing nothing to individualize himself as both Rollins and Ambrose have? This surely couldn't help.

Like others have been saying, some time WAAAAAAAAY down the road, I'd totally be down for a Shield reunion. But it would HAVE to be with the original three. Anything less would be uncivilized.

Emperor Smeat
05-20-2015, 01:41 PM
Rather not unless it were to lead to a feud ending the Authority once and for all.

Innovator
05-20-2015, 01:49 PM
The Authority should end with Brock spit-roasting J&J over the fire pit he created F-5ing Kane to hell. HHH and Steph's heads are mounted to ring posts to ward off the natives.

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2015, 06:51 AM
It's not the time to bring back The Shield. One day, there will be a heel force that is dominant enough that The Shield has to re-align to combat it. We might get a few months of the guys being back on the same page after that if it makes money or exciting television. But it's not the time now.

Reigns is on the right track. There were so many issues with his original push -- he hadn't really endeared himself as a singles act, he hadn't found his own feet, there were others way more deserving in people's minds, etc. -- but give him time and the timing will be perfect. Don't overexpose him and give him lots of fresh opponenets to tell stories against. Don't push him as Superman, because that will force people to reject him -- but notice how when he loses people don't hate him as much? Let him fall short until he gets the fans on side and then have him piece it all together.

Nicky Fives
05-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Never bring back the Shield.

Rollins is over, Ambrose is over, Reigns is mildly over..... no way a reunion helps any of them

dingdongyo
05-25-2015, 02:17 PM
Agreed that original Shield lineup doesn't help anyone. Also, the only way the Shield or any other rebel/anti-hero group can come back without feeling like too much of a rehash to me is if it's led by a credible female.