PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Rusev (STD Title Approved)

Ruien
05-19-2015, 11:39 AM
We will miss you :'(

Big Vic
05-19-2015, 12:02 PM
He'll prob suffer another pinfall loss in the chamber too :/

Maluco
05-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Hoganesque feud, build up foreign monster, feed to champ, destroy his previously feared finisher, squeeze all mileage out of feud until its absolutely clear that he is inferior.

Even an IC title win won't halt the slide IMO. Another mini build until a face beats him for that too and then into comedy...

Lock Jaw
05-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Come on people.... he is doing fine.... Heels lose.... get over it.... no shame in losing to one of the top names of the company.... if he starts losing throw-away matches to Zack Ryder or something, then you can worry...

Thought he did great last night on his own, yelling "THERE IS NO LANAAAA"

Bad News Gertner
05-19-2015, 12:44 PM
It'd be semi ok if Lana was actually attractive.

Instead of using the Titan Tron, they should just use a projector on Lana's giant forehead.

Big Vic
05-19-2015, 12:48 PM
"her second toe is like half an inch longer than her big toe!"

Ruien
05-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Lana is also turning into a whore so yey for that. :|

Ruien
05-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Come on people.... he is doing fine.... Heels lose.... get over it.... no shame in losing to one of the top names of the company.... if he starts losing throw-away matches to Zack Ryder or something, then you can worry...

When was the last time they did something like this for the monster heel to regain momentum?

Big Vic
05-19-2015, 01:00 PM

Yes but WWE fumbles everything,

See "Sandow", or "the womens division"

The Condor
05-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Rather than a cobra sock puppet, we should be prepared for the Russian bear sock puppet.

Lock Jaw
05-19-2015, 01:02 PM
It tires me to argue, so instead of arguing, I will just say...

R.I.P. Crazy Edgar

Heisenberg
05-19-2015, 01:09 PM
RIP Kamala

Ruien
05-19-2015, 01:09 PM
When was the last time they did something like this for the monster heel to regain momentum?

It tires me to argue, so instead of arguing, I will just say...

R.I.P. Crazy Edgar

Isn't really an argument. Its more like a question. Maybe there is something I am not seeing.

Also, Crazy Edgar came back from the grave.

Anybody Thrilla
05-19-2015, 01:10 PM
FIRST HOUR: "I care for you, Rusev! I was doing what was right for us!"

SECOND HOUR: "I"m going to make out with Dolph Ziggler."

That's what bothers me.

Ruien
05-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Lana is also turning into a whore so yey for that. :|

That's what bothers me.

My thoughts exactly. Really annoying.

Big Vic
05-19-2015, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't say whore but just a terribly weak person character wise.

Anybody Thrilla
05-19-2015, 01:27 PM
A woman who spoke so passionately of her convictions such a short time ago, reduced to an aimless harlot without an authoritative male figure to drag her by the hair. Really blurs the lines of what's a heel and what's a face.

Lock Jaw
05-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Chicks dig scars, she couldn't help herself....

Heyman
05-19-2015, 05:52 PM

I agree with this. How many times did a guy like Chris Jericho job to the likes of Triple H, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, etc., and yet still had a few terrific runs as a World Champ?

Savio
05-19-2015, 06:11 PM
I agree with this. How many times did a guy like Chris Jericho job to the likes of Triple H, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, etc., and yet still had a few terrific runs as a World Champ?
Y2J is a different type of wrestler than Rusev.

Maluco
05-19-2015, 06:34 PM

I get what you're saying but Y2J was the first undisputed champion in the company. He was put over The Rock and Austin in one night. It might not have been clean, but he used it and reminded people of it for the rest of his career.

There was still enough doubt before Payback, why couldn't they have left it there? Payback just 100% confirmed that he wasn't good enough to beat Cena. 3 straight PPVs was too much. Add to that they made it clear on Raw that he did quit. Imagine how he could have used this win for his career, even if he cheated. Could have talked about it for years imo.

Emperor Smeat
05-19-2015, 06:58 PM
His feud with Cena was hurt the most by having too many stipulation/gimmick matches and Cena needing to hold the US belt for a long time to rebuild its prestige.

No way the WWE was going to let Cena take a big loss in any of those matches that went completely against his character or let the "Evil foreigner" get the final laugh in a US vs World feud. Same for Rusev not getting any of the real glory for rebuilding the US title even though he helped out a lot.

Probably going to go the way Bray did post-Cena feud in having a few months of decline but still be salvageable enough to be instantly rebuilt as a threat for a future need.

VSG
05-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Not that again. Why do people feel that the US Championship needed to be re-established? Rusev did a tremendous job with that before Cena got involved in the feud.

Vastardikai
05-19-2015, 08:30 PM
To think, they could have had a program between Rusev and Ziggler over the affections of Lana. The match could have featured Rusev absolutely DESTROYING Ziggler, but features Dolph showing all the heart in the world and refusing to go down because he cares too much for Lana. Ultimately, Rusev wins the match but Lana actually sees what it means to have someone care about you and leaves the Bulgarian Brute for the Show Off. And the kiss could have been the pay off.

But fuck that. Let's do a meaningless thing like this.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-19-2015, 08:45 PM
THERE IS NO LANA

ONLY ZUUL!

RUSEV WILL BE FINE!

RUSEV UDREA!

RUSEV MASCHKA!

Besides he's still hitting that so he's good no matter what.

Ruien
05-19-2015, 09:07 PM

But how many wrestlers have it done and their potential is put into mid/low card for the rest of their career. Rusev was not established at all. His biggest win was over Jack Swagger I think. Look how long it took Ryback to rebound.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2015, 09:23 PM

That's what bothers me.

I'm gonna write the story for this despite WWE probably not really thinking about an explanation for that.

She spent months trying to enjoy herself and take in the adoration from the crowd and Rusev shut it down every time. When Rusev let her go, she was crushed (RUSEV CRUSHED) and then eventually realized (albeit only an hour later) she was free. She could do what she wants. So she did.

It's also possible they could go with the idea that she did it to try to make Rusev jealous.

None of this will happen because WWE. I'm just saying. That part didn't bother me because there are easy explanations to be given.

Black Widow
05-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Sooner lame ass Rusev is dancing with Fandango the better.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-19-2015, 11:39 PM

That's what bothers me.

They weren't boyfriend/girlfriend in story. She meant us as in business.

Anybody Thrilla
05-20-2015, 11:15 AM
The Rusev/Lana relationship was NEVER made clear. If they weren't "together", then what prompted Rusev to come break it up? Surely he wouldn't have cared, right?

XL
05-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Almost think that's part of the story; Lana is making Rusev realise what he's throwing away or an element of "I don't want you, but I don't want anybody else to have you either" type deal on Rusev's part.

Shit. This is all leading to a Rusev face turn and inevitable slide into midcard comedy act territory.

Simple Fan
05-20-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm just mad Rusev is saying shut up now instead of Lana.

Shisen Kopf
05-21-2015, 07:35 AM
RIP Vicky Venom

DAMN iNATOR
05-21-2015, 08:43 AM
RIP Vicky Venom

And Bobby Jaggers, of course.

Ruien
05-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Rusev is going to be pinned by Dolph in the Elimination chamber and then again in the next ppv. Its going to be tragic.

Big Vic
05-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Rusev is going to be pinned by Dolph in the Elimination chamber and then again in the next ppv. Its going to be tragic."It's ok, people have suffered pin losses before, look at chris jericho"

screech
05-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Was talking to a buddy about this and he brought up a good point: Could Lana be using Ziggler here? Making him "let down his guard" so Rusev can CRUSH him?

Not that Rusev needs anyone to be softened up or anything, but it'd be a better story. He could be furious about not being able to CRUSH Cena, and resort to "mind games" and stuff.

screech
05-21-2015, 10:56 AM
I don't know, I just don't want Rusev to vanish.

Ruien
05-21-2015, 11:19 AM
I thought about that but it makes no sense. She would have done that to Cena if that was the case. Dolph posses no threat to Rusev as of right now. He holds no title and have been very little contact between the two. If not Cena then I could see them doing it to Ryback because he is another "big" guy. But Dolph? Really? Dude is a ant to Rusev currently.

Ruien
05-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Would enjoy Rusev getting the IC title and saying it better because USA is the worst place ever.

After that the worst would happen though. This would prompt Cena to come out and win the IC title and uniting them into the USA #1 Title.

screech
05-21-2015, 11:51 AM
I thought about that but it makes no sense. She would have done that to Cena if that was the case. Dolph posses no threat to Rusev as of right now. He holds no title and have been very little contact between the two. If not Cena then I could see them doing it to Ryback because he is another "big" guy. But Dolph? Really? Dude is a ant to Rusev currently.

Lana kissing Ziggler didn't make sense. This way, at least that would have been for a reason.

I know it's silly, but this is WWE here. It doesn't have to be realistic. Plus, this would mean Rusev and Lana stay together to fuck with people and piss. Fuck yeah.

road doggy dogg
05-21-2015, 11:54 AM
so did Rusev lose

am I out of the SURVIVAL SEASON 18 pool

Dukelorange
05-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Well I see both sides of the argument and you guys make good points. But here's the thing, if Lana was supposed to be a heat magnet for Rusev and she becomes cheered, that's a problem. Granted I know about the Heyman Lesnar thing, but that's different. We cheered Heyman's brilliance on the mic. Lana was supposed to be booed. So when she got face pops, that caused the issue.

In fact, the argument can be made that this might hurt Lana more than Rusev. What is she going to do, she doesn't wrestle, she's got the accent (which I know is a Kofi Kingston work), and the fact that Lana and Rusev in real life are an item.

Lana will be on Total Divas within the next two seasons...

Ruien
05-21-2015, 12:03 PM
I believe Lana does wrestle. But the point in Lana needing to grab heat could be the real reason behind this. If she does turn on Dolph then she turned on one of the internet darling wrestlers which could bring the heat.

Big Vic
05-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Lana kissing Ziggler didn't make sense. This way, at least that would have been for a reason.lol but your reason doesn't make any sense.

screech
05-21-2015, 12:49 PM
lol but your reason doesn't make any sense.

None of it makes sense.

Vastardikai
05-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Like I said, it came out of the blue. They are starting at the end of the story, which is stupid. If Lana is getting cheered and the company wants the package to be booed, roll with it. Have Rusev talk down to her, disrespect her, and RUSEV CRUSH anyone who even shows her an ounce of sympathy. That builds all the heat on Rusev and makes the crowd want to see her leave for someone who would treat her decently. Enter Dolph.

You could stretch out the Lana-Rusev abusive thing for months, leading to the payoff where she finally leaves him, leading to the big kiss that they stupidly threw away on a Raw after a PPV.

drave
05-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Never though "rasslin" fans would be so upset AND heavily discussing the ramifications of a kiss :(

Ruien
05-21-2015, 01:46 PM
This is what happens when we don't get our MKM Drave!

drave
05-21-2015, 01:55 PM
I know :(

*Does dance of shame*

Ruien
05-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Maybe Rusev can become a Paul Heyman guy while Brock is out. Think about Brock coming back with Rusev in his corner against Rollins and the Authority.

Also, is the Big Show injured or retired? Seems like he put Reigns over then went away.

#1-norm-fan
05-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Rusev before WrestleMania vs Ryback when he was still being booked amazingly well would be incredible.

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2015, 05:52 AM
Rusev will hopefully be fine. He really drew me into the I Quit Match, and it's not like he was jobbed out. I think this time of year is bad for him though, because he's likely going to be jam-packed into two huge multi-man matches. If a more traditional PPV was coming up, Rusev vs. Ziggler would be a hot match. I've been saying these two should feud since they first wrestled.

Dukelorange
05-22-2015, 08:01 AM
Like I said, it came out of the blue. They are starting at the end of the story, which is stupid. If Lana is getting cheered and the company wants the package to be booed, roll with it. Have Rusev talk down to her, disrespect her, and RUSEV CRUSH anyone who even shows her an ounce of sympathy. That builds all the heat on Rusev and makes the crowd want to see her leave for someone who would treat her decently. Enter Dolph.

You could stretch out the Lana-Rusev abusive thing for months, leading to the payoff where she finally leaves him, leading to the big kiss that they stupidly threw away on a Raw after a PPV.

This is a good idea...

Vastardikai
05-22-2015, 04:55 PM
This is a good idea...

It's Savage-Elizabeth with the dimension of, instead of him realizing what she means to him and changing his way, she just quit putting up with his shit.

I can't come up with original characters, I just remember things that work. And why they work. And how to tell a decent story. That puts me ahead of WWE creative. :yes:

Droford
05-22-2015, 07:56 PM
Dropping the Russian angle from his gimmick is the first step towards him becoming the next Kozlov

DaveWadding
05-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Rusev before WrestleMania vs Ryback when he was still being booked amazingly well would be incredible.

They ran this match on a house show I went to prior to WM. It was boring as shit. They're definitely not compatible in the ring.

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2015, 09:05 PM
Rusev dropping the Russian gimmick is actually perfect for right now. Lana was his connection to Russia. He was their adopted champion. Now that he's kicked down the door, he has no need for Lana, no need for Putin and only needs to depend on himself. He should cut promos about how he was poor in Bulgaria until he worked out he was put on this Earth to fight and hurt people. He will never be poor again, because he will keep winning.

But then he needs to win.

Ruien
05-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Lets edit this until Friday.

Anybody Thrilla
05-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Where is this injury report coming from?

Big Vic
05-27-2015, 03:19 PM
The was talk of it on smackdown but that might be storyline wise.

Anybody Thrilla
05-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Spoilers. Thanks for nothing.

Ruien
05-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Haha, I just seen the picture on my Facebook feed. No idea what happened.

Ruien
05-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Well, there is also a headline on TPWW.net front page. Guess I will edit my thing until Friday since ABT is going to throw a hissy fit and ban me.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-27-2015, 05:13 PM
We need somebody who speaks Bulgarian to judge if he said I quit or not for Survivor! Cannot judge it on what stupid Lana says who threw away her gimmick for stupid American fans who will be bored in a week.

XL
05-27-2015, 05:27 PM

They could have booked weeks and weeks of TV around the KOTR tournament, instead they announced and executed it within 24 hours.

DAMN iNATOR
05-27-2015, 06:11 PM
They could have booked weeks and weeks of TV around the KOTR tournament, instead they announced and executed it within 24 hours.

I feel ya. I think they should replace one of their dumb gimmick PPVs with KotR. Have a 16-man tournament. 4 1st round matches on RAW, 4 on SD!. Then have the remaining 7 matches on PPV, along with an obligatory WWE title match (not a title shot for the winner of the tourney, to clarify...) and 1 or 2 pre-show, mid-card title matches.

Vastardikai
05-29-2015, 03:27 PM

That's what happens when you replace bookers with writers with ADD. They could write more decent storylines if they could pace things even halfway decently.

Anybody Thrilla
05-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Well, there is also a headline on TPWW.net front page. Guess I will edit my thing until Friday since ABT is going to throw a hissy fit and ban me.

Was that a hissy fit?

Ruien
05-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Oh my, this may be a miracle! Rusev may be injured and this could be his saving grace. Could give him a extended break from the program while Lana manages Dolph. Dolph keeps gaining momentum but starts turning heel do to Lana being evil. Then Rusev comes back as the Bulgarian Brute for his revenge on Lana. He goes on to explain his love for Russia was because Lana brainwashed him and he wants to ensure no one else becomes a pro-Russian brainwashed idiot like he was.

If Rusev will be out for a few months then maybe put someone with Dolph and Lana. Maybe Jack Swagger or Mark Henry is either of them are still alive. This would be a extra person for Rusev to crush.

Simple Fan
05-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Seems a little like Ziggler with AJ and Big E. He was champ at that time though.

Ruien
05-30-2015, 05:09 PM
It is but it's setup to get Rusev over. Let him gain some momentum before being done with the Lana angle.

Simple Fan
05-30-2015, 06:15 PM
I like it but maybe a NXT talent as his muscle instead of Henry or Swagger.

Ruien
05-30-2015, 07:12 PM
Very possible but I don't watch NXT to know that. Would be a really nice way to have Lana's character to basically brainwash people to be pro Russia or just anti USA. Which is why I would like Swagger there because it let's his character grow.

Simple Fan
05-30-2015, 09:39 PM
Swagger can never go anti USA, I just don't want to see it. Swagger as the e the People gimmick is solid enough to get him over.

Ruien
05-31-2015, 06:40 PM
He is over but he is Zack Ryder over. He won't be seen as a true threat to anyone if he keeps doing what he is now. You can always bring him back to be USA #1 after Lana losing control over him (Like with Rusev). Could even go into a comedy gimmick from there where he over does the Pro USA thing.

Big Vic
06-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Him breaking his ankle was the best thing for his character.

EzekielKane
06-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Dropping the Russian angle from his gimmick is the first step towards him becoming the next Kozlov

The Russian gimmick sucks though, too generic

Ruien
06-09-2015, 07:43 AM
They had a golden opportunity to get Rusev off tv and make him fresh again but nope. They went ahead and blew that out of the water.n

Droford
06-09-2015, 08:20 AM
He looks like Sylvester Terkay now

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130422144335/prowrestling/images/c/c9/Sylvester_Terkay_1.jpg

Anybody Thrilla
06-09-2015, 12:47 PM
I kinda like what's happening with Rusev now. It's adding some dimensions to his character.

drave
06-09-2015, 01:53 PM
That isn't even "bad" funny. :|

Big Vic
07-15-2015, 08:57 AM
* Cesaro defeated Rusev in what was said to be a very good lengthy match.

"But maybe he will get in a long feud with Cesaro and then win!!!"

It's official, RIP Rusev. Thanks for giving us the year long build up only to be given the John Cena kiss of death.

ron the dial
07-15-2015, 09:02 AM
ok, owen.

Big Vic
07-15-2015, 09:03 AM
SHUT UP YOU FUCKING TERRORIST!!!

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2015, 09:06 AM
Why is it the "John Cena kiss of death"? Do guys who get pushes and don't face Cena have their pushes sustained any more?

Big Vic
07-15-2015, 09:13 AM
That was in reference to this thread:
How many people has John Cena given "The Kiss of death" to? (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=127277&highlight=Kiss)

As far as your question goes WWE has a problem pushing anyone in the midcard. This is why I'm sad Rusev is now in the midcard, unprotected.

Mercenary
07-15-2015, 11:34 AM
If he was losing to to Adam Rose or Ryder them it would over, but he's fine. So stop having pissy panties over a few loses.

Big Vic
07-15-2015, 11:40 AM
There is a difference between being fine and being great. Being in mid-card hell is not where anyone should want to be.

RP
07-15-2015, 11:41 AM
I thought that 3-way match was one of the best I've seen in a long time. And then to add the Cena match. It was 45 minutes or so, of excellent writing and performance. Rusev came out looking great and Cesaro looked even better.

Ruien
07-15-2015, 02:18 PM
If he was losing to to Adam Rose or Ryder them it would over, but he's fine. So stop having pissy panties over a few loses.

What is the difference from losing to Cesaro and Adam Rose? Not THAT much of a difference honestly.

ron the dial
07-15-2015, 02:25 PM
when was the last time adam rose got a pop like cesaro gets? or the last time john cena put adam rose over in front of a crowd after a great match? it's a bit different. both have been booked poorly, but cesaro is definitely above rose's level.

Innovator
07-15-2015, 02:30 PM
There is a difference between being fine and being great. Being in mid-card hell is not where anyone should want to be.

He's the 3rd or 4th top heel, depending on where you slot Wyatt

Big Vic
07-15-2015, 02:39 PM
That says a lot for how poorly they are booking heels.

Ruien
07-15-2015, 03:29 PM
when was the last time adam rose got a pop like cesaro gets? or the last time john cena put adam rose over in front of a crowd after a great match? it's a bit different. both have been booked poorly, but cesaro is definitely above rose's level.

Hes above Rose yes but hes no where near the top either. Sure he gets a huge pop when he comes out but so does Zack Ryder.

ron the dial
07-15-2015, 04:37 PM
i didn't say he was near the top. but how would you suggest getting him there? a feud with rusev is a good start, and doesn't necessarily have to make rusev look bad. yes, i know internet wisdom says it will, but it doesn't have to.

Emperor Smeat
07-15-2015, 04:52 PM
Rusev right now is on the Bray track of "recovering" from a Cena feud but at a faster pace. Bray didn't really do anything meaningful until the feud with Ambrose while Rusev went from a a nowhere feud with Ziggler to now against Cesaro/US title hunt scene.

He's the 3rd or 4th top heel, depending on where you slot Wyatt

Who's #2, Sheamus?

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Rusev is basically the best thing in WWE

and Kevin Owens

and Cesaro

So basically that triple threat the other day

But for real Rusev is like the most complex character WWE has had in forever, which is amazing given the seemingly one-dimensional "evil foreigner" gimmick

He's like the fucking beast from Beauty and the Beast

Just this fucking beast full of emotions he doesn't know how to express

He's directionless until he meets Lana

She gets him to move to Russia and pledge allegiance to Vladimir Putin who rewards his amazing skill with a gold star

He valiantly and cleanly beats all of his "AMERICAN" foes exposing the crowd's programmed xenophobia

dude is just so sympathetic

he has his heart broken and his legs literally cut off at his peak

moves back to Bulgaria, dejected

fuckin his girl is using some douche to make him feel jealous all the time

and everyone is just like USA! USA!

meanwhile dude is just trying to put his life back together

but he's learned how to channel his emotion and still can kick the shit out of people because he's that good

he doesn't need the bitch anymore

he's learned that

but it pains him deeply

RP
07-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Yup

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2015, 06:54 PM
The next step is him turning that pain into a love of singing opera.

Innovator
07-15-2015, 07:08 PM
Rusev right now is on the Bray track of "recovering" from a Cena feud but at a faster pace. Bray didn't really do anything meaningful until the feud with Ambrose while Rusev went from a a nowhere feud with Ziggler to now against Cesaro/US title hunt scene.

Who's #2, Sheamus?

I'd go

Rollins
Owens
Rusev
Kane
The albino black hole
Wyatt

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2015, 07:28 PM
I'd put Wyatt above Rusev right now. He's feuding with Roman Reigns. Rusev is jobbing to Cesaro on Smackdown. Despite anyone's personal feelings, Reigns is WAY higher on the food chain than Cesaro. With WWE's scatterbrained booking it could change back and forth at any moment but right now Wyatt is definitely above Rusev.

Innovator
07-15-2015, 07:32 PM
What has Wyatt done in a year besides talk in a boiler room? He beat Ambrose by exploding TV, that's it

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2015, 07:37 PM
What is he currently doing? Feuding with the top face in the company not named Cena or Lesnar. While Rusev jobs to a guy on the B Show who is only getting pushed because his tag partner got hurt. Both guys have spent most of the year jobbing when it matters. Wyatt is currently in a top tier feud though. Rusev isn't.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-15-2015, 08:00 PM
Smackdown doesn't count.

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Wait, when did Wyatt "recover" from the Cena feud

Must have missed that

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Wyatt has gone from one of my favorite performers to someone I dread seeing every week

Same thing with CRAZYYYYYYYYYYY Dean Ambrose, hate to say it

ron the dial
07-15-2015, 08:30 PM
I still love to see them because they are fantastic workers, but the booking has made it consistently hard to care about what they doing.

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 08:37 PM
Yeah, plus neither of them have had much of a chance to show that they're good workers of late.

ron the dial
07-15-2015, 08:38 PM
they did a good job with ambrose when he stole the title from rollins and got his shot, but pretty much everything before that and since (especially since) has been forgettable. and wyatt's looked laughable since the end of the cena feud. it's a shame, because both guys should be solidified main eventers by now.

ron the dial
07-15-2015, 08:40 PM
a fakelaser/ron the dial wrestling forum conversation. i didn't think i'd see the day again. or maybe even ever saw that day to begin with.

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 08:43 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the Ambrose/Rollins ladder match

Honestly, when I think back on it, their matches together have overall been a disappointment. I keep waiting for them to spit out the classic I know they have in them but instead you get Bray Wyatt holograms or overlong ladder matches.

I hated how Ambrose lost his obsession with ruining Rollins' life this year. He should be out for his blood constantly. Instead he was like any other doomed contender.

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 08:43 PM
a fakelaser/ron the dial wrestling forum conversation. i didn't think i'd see the day again. or maybe even ever saw that day to begin with.

for real. but i'm diggin it

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 08:45 PM
When I first signed up for TPWW I posted in the wrestling forum but I basically stopped watching in 2003. Started up again at the Rumble last year

ron the dial
07-15-2015, 08:47 PM
I hated how Ambrose lost his obsession with ruining Rollins' life this year. He should be out for his blood constantly. Instead he was like any other doomed contender.
i'm 100% with you on this. after rollins won mitb, ambrose playing the man bent on revenge and ruin was too good. it really helped set the tone for the type of heel that rollins was going to be, and did the same for ambrose. unfortunately, they didn't follow through on ambrose. the feud with wyatt was a bad idea. or at least it was bad timing. neither guy needed to be losing a high profile feud at that point, and neither guy walked away looking better.

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2015, 08:49 PM
I thought the ladder match was fucking outstanding for Ambrose as far as one night booking of his character. But when you have a guy show that much heart, practically getting murdered and still basically being a fluke away from winning the world title and then a week later he's back to just losing because of a distraction to make someone else look good... it kinda takes you out of caring because it shows how little anything matters long term.

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 08:50 PM
I still think Bray Wyatt can be the "new Undertaker" but it's going to take a lot of rehab work. Like, have him say spooky shit but deliver on what he says in the promos. People should feud with Wyatt and win or lose, be changed.

He could have lost to Cena at Wrestlemania but he should have driven Cena so crazy that he had to resort to cheating or savagely beating him to get it done. He should have exposed his dark side.

Imagine if that happened and he went over the Undertaker.

Instead he feuds with Cena, then Cena wins the title. He destroys Ambrose and Ambrose gets a title shot. He breaks Ryback's ribs, Ryback gets the Intercontinental title.

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Dean Ambrose needs to stop being a fucking goofball prop comedian too

Seems so forced

Dude has such a natural "coolness" and humor to him and they bury it beneath poorly written bullshit

Savio
07-15-2015, 09:00 PM
unfortunately, they didn't follow through on...
story of WWEs life.

ron the dial
07-15-2015, 09:01 PM
can i just say that rusev calling lana things like "that dumb blonde-headed witchy woman" are some of my favorite moments of any raw? he is so funny on the mic, and he's not even trying to be. i never imagined he would be as good as he is when he was in nxt

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 09:05 PM
with you 100%

Rusev makes me lol consistently

Something about him hobbling around on crutches with his foot booted spouting off these insults

so good

Lock Jaw
07-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Dean Ambrose needs to stop being a fucking goofball prop comedian too

Seems so forced

Dude has such a natural "coolness" and humor to him and they bury it beneath poorly written bullshit

Yeah, Ambrose was better when he was less "comedic crazy" and just more "I'm going to punch your teeth out crazy".

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Ambrose can promo. Like actually talk people into wanting to see a match. They should let him do that more.

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2015, 09:13 PM
Rusev's performance on RAW was great. Now that he's back in the ring, he's going to get to CRUSH and re-build himself. Wins over him still mean something. He's only been pinned once.

Lock Jaw
07-15-2015, 09:14 PM
Much better when talking about "rearranging Seth Rollins' face" then he is trying to force "Justin Bieber" comparisons on him....

ron the dial
07-15-2015, 09:14 PM
i still don't get the justin bieber thing...

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 09:15 PM
i still don't get the justin bieber thing...

worst

Lock Jaw
07-15-2015, 09:15 PM
Neither do I.... Like zero similarities......

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2015, 10:06 PM
Pretty sure it's just a reference to Rollins' highlights making him come off like a teenybopper.

Emperor Smeat
07-15-2015, 10:15 PM
Wait, when did Wyatt "recover" from the Cena feud

Must have missed that

Around the time of the Ambrose feud. Went from doing nothing of note to at least being in a big feud and as the start of his road to Mania push. Been on and off with doing meaningful stuff since then but hasn't had another bad stretch be that long.

He hasn't fully recovered to pre-Cena or Cena feud levels in terms of status though.

Most of the "curse" from feuding with Cena is that those guys rarely get another high profile feud or only got pushed to feed Cena and then quickly tossed away afterwards.

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2015, 10:23 PM
They don't know how to build guys up in a losing effort. That's the issue. Ambrose in that ladder match would have actually been a good job of doing it if they followed up with it.

Just imagine Wyatt losing to Cena or Taker but instead of just taking the clean, uneventful loss, he passes out after a ridiculously long time in the STFU or Hell's Gate and just before he passes out, he laughs maniacally and yells something creepy to them. "See you in your dreams John/Dead Man" or something along those lines. Then after the bell rings, they can't even celebrate because they're so creeped out. They just look down at him like "What the fuck..." It accomplishes the same thing for the guy who won and actually puts Wyatt over more despite losing.

Instead, they have Wyatt look scared shitless of The Undertaker on top of being beaten in the match. It's not hard to put a guy over in a loss. They just don't seem to understand the concept anymore.

Savio
07-15-2015, 10:47 PM
AMbrose would be doing 10 times better right now if the just gave him a story after losing to Rollins

Innovator
07-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Neither do I.... Like zero similarities......

Honestly I think they keep bringing it up so Bieber will show is on the show

Best promo Ambrose cut was saying what he was going to do to Rollins, no hot dog carts or anger management.

Savio
07-15-2015, 11:01 PM
I think Beiber has highlights in his hair?

Anyways I think He looks more like AJs friend Kaitlyn.

Corkscrewed
07-15-2015, 11:06 PM
Rollins/Beiber analogy is because Beiber is an entitled whiny prick who hides behind his bodyguards and is all talk and no action, which is Rollin's heel character behind the Authority.

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 11:53 PM
Around the time of the Ambrose feud. Went from doing nothing of note to at least being in a big feud and as the start of his road to Mania push. Been on and off with doing meaningful stuff since then but hasn't had another bad stretch be that long.

He hasn't fully recovered to pre-Cena or Cena feud levels in terms of status though.

Most of the "curse" from feuding with Cena is that those guys rarely get another high profile feud or only got pushed to feed Cena and then quickly tossed away afterwards.

I see where you're going with this but the Ambrose feud wasn't anything great. It was one of those things that sounded great on paper but the execution was blah and it ended with a blowoff match on RAW. It was supposed to reestablish Wyatt as a force, but by that point Ambrose was damaged goods to the point where beating him meant fuck all. Both guys were treading water at that point and needed a win in a feud. Wyatt just hasn't beaten anyone of significance, ever, except for Daniel Bryan. That's not the "New Face of Fear."

Now he's going to be lying down for Reigns. I get that heels need to get their comeuppance but Wyatt never looks strong, he's just a guy who rambles cryptic shit and ruins matches via cheesy special effects.

FakeLaser
07-15-2015, 11:56 PM
I feel bad for him, he's got a great gimmick, plays the character well and can go in the ring. He works really hard. He carried the ENTIRE Undertaker feud (thanks for contributing some Powerpoint slides, deadman) and managed a halfway decent match against a 50 year old who works once a year with a rolled ankle. Then he just lies down instead of beating the bulletproof senior citizen who's on the show once a year.

Rollermacka
07-16-2015, 04:15 PM
Is it just me..... or did Owens get COMPLETELY out shown by Rusev and Cesaro this week?

FakeLaser
07-16-2015, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't say that, Owens bailed on the match early on which is perfect for his character. Didn't get to show much. He already has his shot on Sunday and he knows that he, or anyone else isn't beating John Cena after a rough triple threat.

Rusev can fuckin hang with anyone though, I think the match showed

Ruien
07-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Did Rusev kill Dolph? I think I missed something. If he did then hell ya to Rusev being back in action. I hope he drops Summer sooner than later though to keep this emotional roller coaster going.

Savio
07-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Yeah Dolph is filming a movie

Rollermacka
07-17-2015, 01:53 AM
I wouldn't say that, Owens bailed on the match early on which is perfect for his character. Didn't get to show much. He already has his shot on Sunday and he knows that he, or anyone else isn't beating John Cena after a rough triple threat.

Rusev can fuckin hang with anyone though, I think the match showed

I'm just talkin from an overall standpoint. Considering what he's done in a short time, beat up a shitty rapper (the Kelli guy not Cena), almost attacked the commentary team, got a victory over Cena, gotten a lot of TV time.... the crowd was almost dead when his music hit. He completely got out popped by Rusev and then by Cesaro. Then, like I said it may have been just me, he looked like he completely got outshined by Rusev and Cesaro in the ring for the time he was in there. It's not a knock on him by any means (Rusev and Cesaro are genetic freaks of nature and two of my favorite wrestlers) but for the "go home show" before a PPV.... he kinda came of underwhelming to me :-\

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-17-2015, 02:12 AM
Don't like the thread title.

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2015, 06:50 AM
I agree with what #1-wwf-fan has said about Wyatt. I had this idea that after he loses to Reigns, he targets Randy Orton with the taunt "You're going to make me better, Randy" so he can eventually take another shot at Reigns down the line.

Ruien
07-17-2015, 07:12 AM

To bad cupcake.

Ruien
07-17-2015, 07:13 AM
I'm just talkin from an overall standpoint. Considering what he's done in a short time, beat up a shitty rapper (the Kelli guy not Cena), almost attacked the commentary team, got a victory over Cena, gotten a lot of TV time.... the crowd was almost dead when his music hit. He completely got out popped by Rusev and then by Cesaro. Then, like I said it may have been just me, he looked like he completely got outshined by Rusev and Cesaro in the ring for the time he was in there. It's not a knock on him by any means (Rusev and Cesaro are genetic freaks of nature and two of my favorite wrestlers) but for the "go home show" before a PPV.... he kinda came of underwhelming to me :-\

How dare you speak ill (even just a tad) of the internet darling!

I hate Owens. He impressed me the first night on RAW but has been meh ever since.

Savio
07-17-2015, 07:22 AM
It would be really cool if Bray beat Reigns.

DAMN iNATOR
07-17-2015, 07:32 AM

To bad cupcake.

Alexander Rusev WILL...NOT...DIE!

Ruien
07-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Does Rusev have a match for Battleground yet? Or is it assumed to be Cesaro for their rubber match?

Jazzy Foot
07-17-2015, 01:14 PM
This man will never be main event material.

FakeLaser
07-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Rusev vs Cesaro would be a good addition with the IC title match off the card. If they decide to end the Cena/Owens feud at Battleground it'd be a good #1 contenders match - though I think Cena/Owens probably concludes at Summerslam.

Heyman
07-17-2015, 06:54 PM
Cesaro and CM Punk are the only guys that can save wrestling right now. Thanks to the WWE, everyone else is pretty much stale.

Rollins is gold but is heel. Lesnar's contract prevents him from having longevity/momentum.

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2015, 11:10 PM
Rollins could be money as a babyface down the line.

#1-norm-fan
07-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Lesnar has plenty of momentum. He always does. Over-saturation would kill it. His more sporadic appearances and not having matches constantly work well for WWE's booking.

Lock Jaw
07-17-2015, 11:35 PM
Rollins could be money as a babyface down the line.

I thought he was on the way when The Shield turned face.... He was on fire, and I thought that the fans would rally behind him and much to WWE's chagrin, he would become the breakout face star of the group. He had that high paced, high risk, "controlled frenzy" style akin to Daniel Bryan.

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2015, 11:53 PM
He did, but the heel turn made sense from a storyline perspective. Ambrose and Reigns were having clashes of ego and Rollins was the glue holding the group together. When the team got its wins against Evolution, Rollins decided that his best bet was to stop kicking water uphill and join the side with the power, and leave the egos of Ambrose and Reigns to destroy each other.

Perfect. But what hasn't been perfect is the lack of confidence that Rollins conducts himself with. His promos have been good, which people had concerns about, but he did some great work last year putting over his opponenets as "Good...but not on the same level as me good." I don't mind the character showing some vulnerability, but at the end of the day, two things need to be left clear about Seth Rollins:

1) He's very smart.

2) He's very good and knows it.

Why risk enraging his former Shield comrades if he had any doubt he could survive even an organized assault from the two? Why would he cash in on Brock Lesnar knowing full-well that The Beast would be coming for him. That's why I do believe that Seth Rollins should retain the WWE World Heavyweight Title at Battleground. Rollins has to have more of a plan. He's also got to look like he's skilled enough to belong in the same bracket as Lesnar whilst he does it.

I guess there is some drama to be milked in Rollins booking himself into a corner -- but that would imply that the flame is out. For Rollins to be defeated, it would mean that his character has kind of met an end. If this were an HBO show, Rollins would be killed at Battleground and become just a memory of a character that had a few good seasons. If we're really going to be introduced to an iconic member of the show's legacy, however, Seth needs to pull something out of the hat.

In time, that survivalist nature could lend itself to people cheering Rollins. Eventually people will come around and see in Seth Rollins what he has always seen in himself. And he can play the plucky underdog, and his offense is exciting and easy to get behind. I think the best way to test the waters with Seth as a face, in an immediate sense, would be to have Sheamus cash-in on him and try to take his spot as the sponsored Superstar of The Authority. Sheamus calling Seth "little fella" might be enough to get the crowd behind Rollins on its own.

Of course, Rollins would need to prove that he's able to beat Sheamus, but whether they put the title right back onto Rollins or have him screwed out of it and have him walk a longer journey to the follow-up question.

Having Ambrose retain his animosity for Rollins would also make sense, and could also lead to some curious face vs. face matches, or even a heel turn for Ambrose if Rollins picks up enough momentum as a babyface.

Ruien
07-18-2015, 07:01 PM
I am changing my stance on Rusev. If they kept him in the main event scene he would be buried to all hell. He is given proper feuds to work with. He has yet to get the Dean treatment where he main evented a ppv then was forgotten about after.

Big Vic
10-07-2015, 09:24 AM
"just wait and see guys he'll be fine"

Simple Fan
10-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Waiting on his ring name to become Ru Ru and take the comedy role. Unless Summer screws up and he has Lana help him win the US title.

Big Vic
10-07-2015, 12:48 PM
I hope he gets the IC title instead, They did a lot of work building up the US title (where it is now apparantly a better trophy than the WWE title.) Please don't give it to Rusev who is stuck in 50/50 hell.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-07-2015, 08:05 PM
He will be fine. Rusev mascka.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-07-2015, 08:06 PM
it's a fish lol.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Rusev's segment with Summer Rae on Raw was oddly entertaining.

Ruien
10-09-2015, 07:53 PM
The sad part is, that means they will make him a funny character instead of a actual/serious wrestler.

Ruien
10-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I had high hopes for like 2 weeks too after his split from Lana and his injury. The injury should have done so much for him but WWE did not want any part of that.

#1-norm-fan
10-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Honestly, knowing his credibility as a brute was going to be shot anyway, I think they should have just gone with depressed poet Rusev after the Lana split. Fuck it.

The CyNick
10-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Foreign heel gimmick is limiting at the best of times

Damian Rey
10-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Rusev was the number two heel in the company a year ago and was drawing as much heat as anyone. It wasn't the gimmick that failed him. It's the lack of direction after his Cena feud. He went from being unbeatable, only conquered by the greatest hero of the last ten years, to being pinned regularly by guys he was once dominating. Hardly the fault of a heel foreigner gimmick.

Mr. Nerfect
10-11-2015, 10:52 PM
They really feel the need to run those matches into the ground didn't they?

The CyNick
10-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Rusev was the number two heel in the company a year ago and was drawing as much heat as anyone. It wasn't the gimmick that failed him. It's the lack of direction after his Cena feud. He went from being unbeatable, only conquered by the greatest hero of the last ten years, to being pinned regularly by guys he was once dominating. Hardly the fault of a heel foreigner gimmick.

I think those gimmicks can only take you so far. The way they booked Rusev was smart, but once you reach the top of the card and fight the top guy, where do you go? The character needs to add layers to stay on as main eventer.

We'll see what they do once they are reunited. Maybe the restart button will help him.

Innovator
10-13-2015, 02:53 PM
I always thought that immediately after losing to Cena, Rusev would turn into Eurotrash-Club going Rusev

Ruien
10-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Rusev is back with Lana! Maybe they will actually push him correctly again.

Theo Dious
10-13-2015, 07:50 PM
I hope they drop the Putin shit.

Lock Jaw
10-13-2015, 08:30 PM
I hope they drop the Putin shit.

Have you watched since Wrestlemania?

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-14-2015, 12:58 AM
If anything they should bring the Putin shit back.