PDA

View Full Version : If Kalisto doesn't speak English he needs to learn ASAP

Bad News Gertner
05-19-2015, 10:56 PM
I can't remember the last time where I've so excited to see what a wrestler will do next. Holy mother of fuck is Kalisto ever incredible. He literally had the fans wrapped around his finger after his first sequence in the ring.

IMO he's one of the guys I'd build a company around. Probably not world champ material, but man is he ever friggen good. Love the Lucha Dragons.

youreSAWFT
05-20-2015, 12:15 AM
but theres the other mexican that fucks up every single step he takes thats riding his coat tails.

Lock Jaw
05-20-2015, 12:23 AM
He does know English quite well...

He's lost some steam since his debut, but hopefully gets some back with the Lucha Dragons being back in the title scene.

Lock Jaw
05-20-2015, 12:25 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9iBzOwv78UA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lock Jaw
05-20-2015, 12:29 AM
I think the sooner he gets away from Sin Cara the better. Sin Cara is a character with no future. Unless the future is turning heel, feuding with Kallisto, and losing his mask in a mask vs. mask match.

Emperor Smeat
05-20-2015, 12:49 AM
Besides being able to speak English already, best thing the WWE did for him was to tweak his masks to get rid of all the problems Sin Cara had with his.

Before his mask was very similar to Cara's in design but the current one gives him better vision in the ring and lets him show off some emotions.

Lock Jaw
05-20-2015, 12:53 AM
On TV his mask has always been like it is, to my knowledge.....

Lock Jaw
05-20-2015, 01:06 AM
Oh, I guess you mean the mask he had before he came to WWE.... googling it, yeah, thank goodness they changed it....

#1-norm-fan
05-20-2015, 01:26 AM
Define "build a company around".

DAMN iNATOR
05-20-2015, 02:29 AM
English is one thing but if you wanna live in the U.S., you bahgawd learn AMERICAN or you go back over the fence. Simple as.

*drops mic, leaves*

KIRA
05-20-2015, 03:35 AM
but theres the other mexican that fucks up every single step he takes thats riding his coat tails.

You realize this Sin Cara is Hunico right he's generally regarded as much much better than the original who was an accident prone douche. The sad thing is They stuck Hunico in the mask too late for Sin Cara to be saved.

Rammsteinmad
05-20-2015, 05:12 AM
I do like the idea of Sin Cara one day turning heel, losing the mask and becoming Hunico again.

... Not that it'll give him anything to do after he's jobbed to Kallisto. :(

Bad News Gertner
05-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Define "build a company around".

He was in my top 5 picks in that other thread. He'd be a top 5 guy. We've seen Rey bring in large numbers of Hispanic viewers. Kalisto in my opinion has that potential.

Innovator
05-20-2015, 07:23 AM
Dudes from Chicago

Bad News Gertner
05-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Oh wow, did not know that

Shisen Kopf
05-20-2015, 07:53 AM
Too bad Juan no longer posts here. I'd be really interested to see what his insight to this topic would be.

drave
05-20-2015, 08:26 AM
He would say "cool". And then edit your posts/threads to make you look like a troll who hates Latinos and something about sex with beans or something.

That's what bullies do.

Big Vic
05-20-2015, 08:50 AM
Maybe Juan is Kalisto?

Shisen Kopf
05-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Don't think so. Kalisto isn't fat!

#1-norm-fan
05-20-2015, 07:50 PM
He actually sounds a little like a young Rey when he talks. His speech pattern and stuff. I remember reading that Vince was upset about Sin Cara not connecting with the crowd like Rey did. I think Kalisto could be a viable replacement though if they were to actually give him some good, dramatic feuds. That's not really something they do outside the main event though.

VSG
05-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Wait so Juan's gone from here?

Damian Rey
05-20-2015, 10:56 PM
Don't get how anyone expected Sin Cara to get over when he didn't speak English and had his entire face covered. Kinda setting him up for failure.

Lock Jaw
05-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Don't get how they could ruin Hunico by giving the failed Sin Cara gimmick to him

#1-norm-fan
05-21-2015, 01:06 AM
Don't get how anyone expected Sin Cara to get over when he didn't speak English and had his entire face covered. Kinda setting him up for failure.

Did Rey ever talk in ECW/his early WCW run?

Tom Guycott
05-21-2015, 01:14 AM
Didnt have to.

DAMN iNATOR
05-21-2015, 01:53 AM
Wait so Juan's gone from here?

He's not a mod anymore. He usually just lurks late at night when he thinks nobody's looking.

And ? WHO THE HELL uses a cartoon pizza with sunglasses as an avatar?!:wtf::n::nono::mad:

#1-norm-fan
05-21-2015, 02:42 AM
Didnt have to.

Exactly.

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2015, 05:30 AM
Sin Cara could connect to people, they just need to explain the guy's story. He's basically a dude in a mask who is an enhancement guy one week and then inexplicably wins the next. He's done far more as Sin Cara than he was ever going to as Hunico, which is a shame, because I thought that Hunico had real legs.

I like the Lucha Dragons together though. It allows Kalisto to be amazing in shorts spurts and gives Sin Cara something to do. I want to see them in a proper tag team feud. The work they could do with a pair of heel Matadores could be pretty amazing. Give them some time to work some serious matches on SmackDown, and just do combinations of singles matches leading to a Kickoff bout between the two teams. Do masks vs. masks (if Los Matadores still aren't taken seriously), and have Lucha Dragons win, forcing Epico & Primo back into the fold as a pair of even more nasty villains. Or they could move down to NXT and be assigned to a program with Enzo & Cass to help polish them off in the ring a bit more.

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Bump.

Any change of opinion on Kalisto? I still maintain my thoughts on him. He just his "it".

Simple Fan
02-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Hs definitely has somthing I just dont feel like being the US chamoion is it. Really would like them to change the US title to a Telivision or Cruiserweight championship. Dont think he should have beat Del Rio twice and feek like Del . Rio is the better of the Mexican talents and would put mire into Del Rio than I would Kalisto. Just dint feel like ge will ever reach Rey Misterio level of popularity without a cruiserweight title.

road doggy dogg
02-01-2016, 09:09 PM
I haven't watched hardly any rasslin' the past few months but I loved his match with Del Rio at the Rumble

Nicky Fives
02-01-2016, 09:38 PM
I think the sooner he gets away from Sin Cara the better. Sin Cara is a character with no future. Unless the future is turning heel, feuding with Kallisto, and losing his mask in a mask vs. mask match.

:y:

Much like lots of talent on the roster, if given a substantial push, he could become the "next" Rey Mysterio....

Jordan
02-02-2016, 02:13 AM
I think saying "The Next Rey Mysterio" is like saying "The Next Andre The Giant" or "The Next Undertaker" ... these are just people you can't replace. Kalisto is to Rey Mysterio as The Big Show is to Andre The Giant. They are similar in ways because of their size and look but are not the same in the ring. Rey Mysterio is so unbelievably natural, even at his worst is so much more smooth than guys that are coming with praise from the indy scene. I truly think he is the best worker along side Shawn Michaels that I've ever seen live.

Kalisto is however, fucking awesome but he still has room to grow. Provided he remains healthy I'd say he can reach some pretty high marks in the future.

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2016, 03:43 AM
Love Kalisto. Apparently he's a nice dude too. The US Title seems an odd fit for him, but I can buy him beating a lot of the guys on the roster if they're clever.

I want to see Kalisto vs. Del Rio - Title vs. Hair.

Shisen Kopf
02-02-2016, 06:54 AM
He's too short. Future endeavor him.

Shisen Kopf
02-02-2016, 06:54 AM
He's taking valued TV time away from the RYBACK.

Simple Fan
02-02-2016, 01:03 PM
Oh, I guess you mean the mask he had before he came to WWE.... googling it, yeah, thank goodness they changed it....

I think his old mask looks better actually. Kind of like the eyes being covered.

#1-norm-fan
02-02-2016, 01:15 PM
I wish they would try with Sin Cara. He's got a cool mask, a cool name and he's good in the ring. That's really all you need as a lucha in WWE. There's no reason he shouldn't be a bigger deal.

Evil Vito
02-02-2016, 02:56 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The Sin Cara character has existed on the main roster for nearly 5 years. I'd go with the suggestion of having him turn on Kalisto once Cara is back from injury. Have him lose his mask in a lucha de apuesta and then let him go back to being Hunico.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Fucking love Hunico.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Remember when he was Evil Sin Cara and made Daniel Bryan tap out to his own move?