PDA

View Full Version : so Kevin Owens loses the next two?

Big Vic
06-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Right?

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-16-2015, 11:54 AM
Probably. You may as well kill all his momentum, we wouldn't want somebody looking strong.

Ruien
06-16-2015, 11:56 AM
R.I.P. Rusev :'(

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-16-2015, 12:07 PM
This is where I blame John Cena. He legit has the power to tell Vince he doesn't want to steam roll the next big star and kill his momentum. He doesn't need to win this feud.

Big Vic
06-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Its lose/lose for Owens.

Either he loses to Cena
Or he wins and does the mandatory Jobs since he has a title.

Ruien
06-16-2015, 12:34 PM
No way should Owens win the feud with Cena. No one ever should win their first ever actual feud against the top person in the company. It leaves him with no room to grow. He is already the best.

Big Vic
06-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Brock did pretty much.

drave
06-16-2015, 01:03 PM
But Brock's appearances are limited, giving more credence. He is a badass each and every time he comes out. He also has been around the "E" more and "put in more work" in that regard.

Noid makes the best point, he would have nowhere to go from there and everyone would sour on his entire schtick before 2016 arrives.

Big Vic
06-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Noid?

Brocks appearances were not limited back in 2002 when he beat Rock, (their top guy) at SummerSlam.

Lock Jaw
06-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Whatever the case, R.I.P. Kevin Owens' career forever. He had a good run.

Ruien
06-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Noid?

Brocks appearances were not limited back in 2002 when he beat Rock, (their top guy) at SummerSlam.

And when he left it hurt WWE for years.

Ruien
06-16-2015, 01:46 PM
But Brock's appearances are limited, giving more credence. He is a badass each and every time he comes out. He also has been around the "E" more and "put in more work" in that regard.

Noid makes the best point, he would have nowhere to go from there and everyone would sour on his entire schtick before 2016 arrives.

I am not Noid dammit. And I been saying this since their first match.

Ruien
06-16-2015, 01:47 PM
So upset at Drave right now.

drave
06-16-2015, 01:56 PM
And it is completely justified.

This is the result of 4 hours of sleep in 2 intervals of 2 hours a piece.

Big Vic
06-16-2015, 02:07 PM
And when he left it hurt WWE for years.Yeah but he still grew as a character within those 2 years.

Nark Order
06-16-2015, 02:15 PM
He might going into Bray Wyatt "we are going to make sure that nobody cares about this guy" territory but he might not.

loopydate
06-16-2015, 02:19 PM
And when he left it hurt WWE for years.

Because they don't know how to build more than one person at a time. If they'd bothered to build up a secondary "top guy," Brock leaving wouldn't have crushed them.

Nark Order
06-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Owens should win the third match by cheating. Seems only right. Everyone wins.

road doggy dogg
06-16-2015, 02:26 PM
utterly fantastic, the "Owens buried" comments beginning already

IWC never fails to impress

Evil Vito
06-16-2015, 02:28 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm oddly confident that Owens will win this feud now that he's saying he wants the US Title next time they fight. I always assumed the point of Cena winning the US Title was two-fold: 1) raise its prestige by having Cena hold it, and 2) transition it to a guy they feel can be a legitimate star in the future</font>

Big Vic
06-16-2015, 02:29 PM
utterly fantastic, the "Rusev buried" comments beginning already
utterly fantastic, the "Sandow buried" comments beginning already
utterly fantastic, the "Daniel Bryan buried" comments beginning already
utterly fantastic, the "Wyatt buried" comments beginning already
utterly fantastic, the "Barret buried" comments beginning already

Big Vic
06-16-2015, 02:31 PM
I don't think Owens will get the sandow treatment, but he would have been better off if the match from last night went to a non-finish.

Nark Order
06-16-2015, 02:34 PM

The main thing I hear is "Cena doesn't need the win, this doesn't make any sense." That's a bad argument to me because if Cena does maintain his greatness, then beating him doesn't mean anything. The reason Kevin Owens beating Cena was a huge deal is because he doesn't lose all that often.

Nark Order
06-16-2015, 02:36 PM
Btw, does anybody else think that Owens/Reigns would be a fantastic feud where somebody could potentially legitimately die?

Innovator
06-16-2015, 02:39 PM
$20 says Owens wins the US Title

Ruien
06-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Yeah but he still grew as a character within those 2 years.

There were also more legit stars for him to feud with. If you go cleanly over Cena then how many real opponents do you have that will threaten you? Especially as the heel character. There is no Kurt, Undertaker, HHH, and so on anymore.

Anybody Thrilla
06-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Ambrose, Reigns, Ryback, uhhh....Machine Gun Kelly...

Yeah, Cena might want to win this.

James Steele
06-16-2015, 03:47 PM
WWE is stupid if they don't put Kevin Owens here. He can replace CM Punk and he has some positives over CM Punk as a "top guy". If WWE handles the next year properly, they could have the deepest main event level roster with equal numbers of heels/faces than they have had since the early 2000s.

Main Event Heels: Rollins, Owens, Wyatt, Sheamus
Main Event Faces: Cena, Lesnar, Ambrose, Reigns, Orton

Couple of those guys can be either heel or face depending on what you want/need and if Daniel Bryan can come back its even better. Ryback should be ready to be a legit main eventer within the next year also.

James Steele
06-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Fuck, Triple H vs Owens would be amazing. The natural transition to badass babyface for Owens going up against HHH would be great. Book it. I still want Ambrose vs HHH though. Ambrose/HHH is WrestleMania level match to me.

rad dggy dg
06-16-2015, 03:56 PM
I think Owens will win.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-16-2015, 03:59 PM
I don't think losing to Cena would bury Owens, it's just it'd make him smell of being "just another guy" and set him back a bit. Let a guy be red hot and run with it.

#1-norm-fan
06-16-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm more worried about Owens losing to an NXT guy between now and the next Cena match than I am about him losing to Cena. That would fuck up his momentum way more.

James Steele
06-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Unless they have Cena show up on NXT and always screwing over Owens. Cena on NXT would get more kids to watch NXT/get parents to sign up for WWE Network.

road doggy dogg
06-16-2015, 04:22 PM
I don't know, I'm entirely under the impression that NXT fans are all smarks, do things like "momentum" even truly matter in that context?

XL
06-16-2015, 04:25 PM
There's ways to do it where he doesn't "job out". Have him toy with a beaten down Balor, where he pulls him up after a 2-count in order to inflict more damage, send him into the ropes for another pop-up power bomb, Balor reverses with a Hurricanrana and manages to get the pin. Owens' hubris is his undoing.

RP
06-16-2015, 04:43 PM
Owensbrown

Emperor Smeat
06-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Owens right now is the perfect guy to take the US title off of Cena while continuing to rebuild the belt's prestige. Since Sheamus held the belt, its been slowly on a roll with strong champs and no reason why Owens can't continue that trend.

Would be idiotic for the WWE to kill off Owens momentum like they did with Rusev and Wyatt in their feuds with Cena. Him losing the NXT belt would have no effect on his overall momentum unless that July 4 Japan show ends up being really horrible.

#1-norm-fan
06-16-2015, 05:18 PM
There's ways to do it where he doesn't "job out". Have him toy with a beaten down Balor, where he pulls him up after a 2-count in order to inflict more damage, send him into the ropes for another pop-up power bomb, Balor reverses with a Hurricanrana and manages to get the pin. Owens' hubris is his undoing.

Had the idea in another thread where it would be a ladder match. He gets the upper hand and beats the shit out of Balor. Instead of going for the title though, he wants to "send a message" and goes for the apron powerbomb which sends Cena out for the save. Cena and Owens brawl and Balor slowly comes to, climbs the ladder and takes the title. It keeps Owens looking like maybe only Cena on his best day is capable of pinning him and it puts Balor over by making him "all heart" by taking a beating and still getting up to climb the ladder.

At this point they've really told a great story where Cena and Owens look like they're on another level and the only one who can beat one of them is the other. The last thing they should do after what Owens has survived in these two matches with Cena is have him get pinned by an NXT guy even with interference.

Dark One
06-16-2015, 05:20 PM

Legit can't believe this thread is actually happening.

Lock Jaw
06-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Just want to go on the record saying my remarks in this thread were sarcastic, if people couldn't tell.

DAMN iNATOR
06-16-2015, 06:11 PM
Owensbrown

owenOwens

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-16-2015, 06:19 PM
He stomped on the title twice. They are doing a bad job. Why would he want the US title? He's the World Champion of NXT.

James Steele
06-16-2015, 06:22 PM
He has 4 weeks to explain why he wants the title now. I'd imagine it'll be along the lines of "I want to hurt John Cena more than physically now."

#1-norm-fan
06-16-2015, 06:24 PM
I'd prefer it if they didn't fight again, call it quits at 1-1.

I'd have preferred they didn't have the rematch two weeks later and instead built up to a huge, epic rematch at SummerSlam or (very wishful thinking) WrestleMania but there's plenty more that can come from the feud with a third match.

Big Vic
06-17-2015, 08:52 AM
I don't think losing to Cena would bury Owens, it's just it'd make him smell of being "just another guy" and set him back a bit. Let a guy be red hot and run with it.

these are my feelings, don't want to see him as a midcard guy now since the writers have no idea on how to make a midcard guy look strong.

Catharsis
06-17-2015, 02:35 PM
I know it will not happen but with all this talk about the "Never Give Up" catch phrase I would LOVE for them to delay the 3rd match to SummerSlam and Cena tap out.

Poit
06-17-2015, 04:04 PM
Unless they have Cena show up on NXT and always screwing over Owens. Cena on NXT would get more kids to watch NXT/get parents to sign up for WWE Network.

Owens is defending the NXT Championship on the July 4th WWE Network special in Tokyo. John Cena is also wrestling on that show (teaming with Ziggler against Kane and Barrett... what?). There could easily be some shenanigans.

#1-norm-fan
06-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Lesnar vs Kofi... Cena and Ziggler vs Kane and Barrett... It seriously seems like they threw names into a hat to make this card. lol

Mr. Nerfect
06-18-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm sort of interested to see it though. I like that the matches have a "fresh" quality, in that you wouldn't normally see them. It is a bit like a lottery, but that can be fun sometimes.

Mr. Nerfect
06-18-2015, 10:10 PM
Balor should win the NXT Title in Tokyo. The longer Owens holds it, the more pressure there will be on the moment he drops it. Balor has been built up fantastically, and he's being treated like such a big deal with momentum on his side. When he's brought out "The Daemon" he's never lost a match. It's in the nation where he really became a prominent star. Owens also has a lot on his plate. The title change can almost happen "outside" the usual context of WWE canon. Balor can win, and it's a huge deal, but it's also not going to jar up the Cena/Owens story.

As for where they go with Owens? I think he wins the US Title at Battleground. I think this feud will carry more parity than the latter stages of the Cena/Rusev feud (which will actually really help Owens). Owens beats Cena; Cena rises to the occasion; Owens gets even better; final match at SummerSlam.

Owens will be fine. The dude is legitimately the freshest part of the show right now.

Big Vic
06-19-2015, 07:52 AM
Yes but what if he loses? We have seen many promising stars get lost in the shuffle (like Cesaro for example)

drave
06-19-2015, 08:21 AM
If Cena wins, he will adopt KO's son.

Blonde Moment
06-19-2015, 08:27 AM
I think as long as they booking as strong as they did in his last match he still comes out looking good regardless of whether or not he loses.

DAMN iNATOR
06-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Yes but what if he loses? We have seen many promising stars get lost in the shuffle (like Cesaro for example)

Cena just needs to completely miss Battleground next month to set up the rubber match for Cena's U.S. title @ SummerSlam and put Owens over clean at the event.

Ruien
06-20-2015, 12:38 AM
The ONLY way Owens, or anyone from NXT, should have won a feud with Cena was shocking Cena in his open challenge and then not giving him a rematch. No way should someone from NXT, the minor leagues, beat Cena clean more than once. The first one being the shocker.

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2015, 02:43 AM
I'm fine with it just because they built Owens up as such a beast in NXT. If the guy was struggling to win matches or even looked on par with the rest of the NXT roster and then came in and looked on par with Cena, yeah it would be ridiculous. But as it stands, Owens has looked "too good" for the minor leagues from the start.