PDA

View Full Version : Vague WrestleMania 32 plans via wrestling observer

slik
07-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Vince McMahon reportedly has decided on the top 6 matches for next year's WrestleMania 32 pay-per-view already. We don't know specifics yet but The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Daniel Bryan is not figured into those plans because there's still no word on if he will be able to wrestle.

Apparently Sting vs. The Undertaker is not happening next year after all. Vince is said to be negative on the idea of that match but WWE does have other plans for Sting coming up. Sting is also a possibility for the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame as he lives in the Dallas area now.

It was also said that John Cena's match for WrestleMania 32 is a lock but we don't know the opponent yet. Vince is reportedly looking at doing The Rock and Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon or two singles matches with the same competitors or just The Rock vs. Triple H as the main event. Obviously there are several factors in trying to make those matches happen and The Observer pointed out that The Rock and Rousey's boss Dana White are in more control of the main event than Vince is.

Corndad
07-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Taker and the Freebirds need to go into HOF this year.

Other than that, plans always change. Look how WM 30 Main Event ended up.

Jazzy Foot
07-02-2015, 01:43 AM
Dare I say this I wouldn't complain about a Rock v Cena III if only "to settle the score" once and for all but I do think Rock v Triple H looks set and I predict that will be a snoozefest.

Would like to see Taker take on Lesnar in a "rematch", Taker wins and then retires citing he has now beaten all of WM opponents.

I might be way too soon but what about someone like Wyatt or Owens taking on the WWE Champion? Sheamus will have already cashed in by then but I don't think he will be the champ. I predict Ambrose or Reigns might be holding the belt.

DAMN iNATOR
07-02-2015, 02:21 AM
I'd personally like to see Taker win the most hard fought mstch of his @ WM, but then stating that he'll be back for one last match next year @ WM 33, and somehow the build is to one more massively epic and legendary and all that against his half-brother Kane whom he defeats in a 40 or 45-minute WM classic as his retirement match to bringvhis record to 24-1, thus giving him a nice round 25 matches. Have thought 25 WM matches for him would be perfect once I realized 20-0 wasn't going to be the end.

NormanSmiley
07-02-2015, 03:20 AM
will the rock v triple h be the first time they have ever squared off?

Mercenary
07-02-2015, 05:28 AM

nope WM 2000 fatal four way match

XL
07-02-2015, 05:58 AM
I'd personally like to see Taker win the most hard fought mstch of his @ WM, but then stating that he'll be back for one last match next year @ WM 33, and somehow the build is to one more massively epic and legendary and all that against his half-brother Kane whom he defeats in a 40 or 45-minute WM classic as his retirement match to bringvhis record to 24-1, thus giving him a nice round 25 matches. Have thought 25 WM matches for him would be perfect once I realized 20-0 wasn't going to be the end.

Undertaker vs. Kane in a 45 minute WrestleMania Classic.

Nothing about that sentence makes sense.

Mercenary
07-02-2015, 06:24 AM
Seeing how we are not even at SummerSlam yet I'll take this lightly

Blonde Moment
07-02-2015, 06:24 AM
I t hink that was the point

Rammsteinmad
07-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Yay. The same fucking people as every year. Why does Triple H NEED to be at Wrestlemania anymore?

How about one of the top four matches being something like Dolph Ziggler vs. Cesaro?

How about not having the same five/six people in all the headline matches whilst all the talent that bust their asses all year long are thrown in a cheap-ass battle royal.

Can't be fucked with Wrestlemania or wrestling anymore.

Maluco
07-02-2015, 06:53 AM
Yay. The same fucking people as every year. Why does Triple H NEED to be at Wrestlemania anymore?

How about one of the top four matches being something like Dolph Ziggler vs. Cesaro?

How about not having the same five/six people in all the headline matches whilst all the talent that bust their asses all year long are thrown in a cheap-ass battle royal.

Judging by Raw ratings, you aren't the only one. Sad thing is, this is the result of years and years of bad booking. Hard to know how they halt this slide now. And sadly, news like this seems to indicate that they are content ignoring the problem and using bigger names to flog Mania yet again.

It is tiresome, I actually never watch Raw now, no stories or interesting, intriguing feuds. Just watchvthe specials for the matches now. Missing Raw doesn't make a difference and it was a slog anyway

It's funny you should say about Cesaro, I heard he had a really competitive match with Cena on Raw, but what's the point of that if he loses in 5 minutes to someone else who loses regularly like Barrett in a few weeks. They can't be in main matches at Mania cause they mean nothing

drave
07-02-2015, 07:07 AM
Cesaro is over as fuck with most crowds.

Maluco
07-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Cesaro is over as fuck with most crowds.

People.do like him but you still need to be booked strongly to get in a big match at Mania. Could Cesaro, as it stands, be in a main event match at Mania. They won't take the risk, and the reason why they won't is because it IS a risk because of their own boring, stop-start, repetitive booking

road doggy dogg
07-02-2015, 08:26 AM
I like both Rock and HHH but the prospect of them going head to head (or even in a tag match w/ the ladies) as one of the top matches just makes me want to sigh very heavily

The Condor
07-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Injuries, the nearly annual Rumble fan uprising, term agreements, backstage politics, and 9 months stand in the way for any of this. This report means nothing.

Rammsteinmad
07-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Probably. But won't change the fact that come Wrestlemania, the main booking will focus on the same names as the last ten years... Cena, Rock, Lesnar, Triple H, Undertaker etc...

slik
07-02-2015, 12:13 PM
I would be cool with Cena vs Undertaker in Taker's last match

Big Vic
07-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Would like to see Taker take on Lesnar in a "rematch", Taker wins and then retires citing he has now beaten all of WM opponents.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes, first time ever.

Seth82
07-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Taker and the Freebirds need to go into HOF this year.

Agreed!

I'll be a little shocked and angry if The Freebirds don't finally make it in the HOF.

They sure as hell deserve more than some of the people already in there.

erickman
07-02-2015, 12:51 PM
yeah put sting in a match he can win

Curtis
07-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Whats wrong with Taker/Sting damn it. Its been my dream match since I was a kid all the way back in like 1997. I know it wont be a very good match because both guys aren't that good anymore and their styles probably wont clas well, but damn it Vince, at least give it to us on RAW or something.

Rock/HHH would be pure gold though.

NormanSmiley
07-02-2015, 01:04 PM
no mention of brock lesnar for WM main event plans in the report, that's smart. don't let lesnar steal your spotlight hunter

NormanSmiley
07-02-2015, 01:06 PM
how the fuck can any fan say hhh v the rock will be pure gold from any standpoint? they never had a feud worth a fuck, only decent match I ever recall was their ladder one. at this point in their career whats the angle? oooh hhh I know ronda rousy so we should main event mania cause I am in fast and the furious. winner gets to molest paul walker's corpse match? that seems up hhh's alley

Emperor Smeat
07-02-2015, 03:09 PM
no mention of brock lesnar for WM main event plans in the report, that's smart. don't let lesnar steal your spotlight hunter

Whole Observer report is a lot longer but implied Lesnar-Reigns II was being considered as a possibility. Reigns wins and uses that as the official start of his era as the top star in the WWE. Cena's time on top and/or as the big focus of the WWE likely is finally over by next Mania.

WWE still worried about Mania ending in a chorus of boos if that is the final match but also considering a back-up plan of them going all out to "manipulate the crowd" to get the reactions they want.

NormanSmiley
07-02-2015, 03:22 PM
i have a feeling we are getting lesnar austin

erickman
07-02-2015, 03:24 PM
if next year is takers last match then that would probly end the show, I think kane should be his last match.

Jazzy Foot
07-02-2015, 03:48 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes, first time ever.

Why no?

It makes sense from a "legacy/storyline" viewpoint, i.e. Undertaker wants to avenge that defeat, Lesnar may not be in the title picture, hype it up as one of the biggest rematches of all time etc.

I stand by my other point of rather Rock v Cena III than Rock v Triple H.

Jazzy Foot
07-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Would Rock v Sting work at all?

Who else could Sting work with apart fro Triple H (again) or Rock? Cena?

Cena v Sting could be like Rock v Hogan but would Sting be keen on losing a second WM in a row and most likely his final match, assuming he hasn't wrestled his final match already?

Shisen Kopf
07-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Undertaker (biker) and Sting (Surfer) vs Kane (demon) and Triple H (snob) in an iron man match. If Triple H's team loses then Taker and Sting get to honk Stephanie's titties.

The Condor
07-02-2015, 04:42 PM
I honestly don't understand the UT-Sting dream match. Sure, they are both legends and wear black, but beside that I don't get it. They are both longterm, "franchise"-like guys, but I never understood the fan fervor and clamor.

When I think of WCW, Sting is somewhere around the fifth name that I think of, and UT was always the ancillary piece behind Bret, Shawn, Diesel, Austin, Rock and HHH. He is basically Foley with longevity (And by no means do I intend that as any type of slight). Add in that Sting isn't even the same type of mysterious/supernatural like gimmick, or at least hasn't been since 1998. It all seems like nothing more than a smark wet dream that does not lend itself to a mainstream/casual fan dependent event like this Wrestlemania has to be for the WWE.

Shisen Kopf
07-02-2015, 04:47 PM
I think it's BC it's the two guys that never jumped over to the competition. So they're considered loyal or some shit. IDK. Whatever.

Mr. Nerfect
07-02-2015, 05:32 PM
I wanted Lesnar vs. Austin since, like, January.

Mr. Nerfect
07-02-2015, 05:34 PM

I'm pretty much with this. WrestleMania is now almost "non-canon" in WWE terms. Sucks that the biggest show of the year is like that. Why not bring back bigger stars throughout the year to pad your lesser PPVs and create a more general buzz about your product?

Very few regulars on WWE TV get the chance to be presented as major stars at WrestleMania.

Mr. Nerfect
07-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Cena vs. Cesaro should have been one of the top matches at WrestleMania this year. As it were, winning the Battle Royal meant nothing for Cesaro, and it actually took away from its meaning this year. Rusev is getting better all the time, but Cena vs. Cesaro would have just been...better.

#1-norm-fan
07-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Rock vs Triple H would horrible.

Rock and Rousey vs Triple H and Stephanie however would be a pretty great spectacle.

#1-norm-fan
07-02-2015, 07:08 PM
I'm thinking they may go Reigns vs Lesnar for the title again with the idea being that the smark crowd will be firmly behind Reigns now and they can safely put the title on him.

Bad News Gertner
07-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Meng vs Steve Blackman

Simple Fan
07-02-2015, 08:15 PM
I don't see why they are so high on Rousey. I have no interest in Steph vs Ronda. If she is going to be at Mania I would rather her have a real fight, that probably wouldn't last 20 seconds. Dana won't let that happen though.

DAMN iNATOR
07-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Undertaker vs. Kane in a 45 minute WrestleMania Classic.

Nothing about that sentence makes sense.

Of course it doesn't. I mean it's not like WM has been a 4-hour show for the past few years or anything. Besides you did partially take what I said out of context/selectively left out that I said 40 OR 45-minute WrestleMania classic. I meant that as an idea for a taker retirement match at WM 33 where the "monster" version of Kane is back and motivated to retire Taker "for good", not just his career...a couple months of back and forth head games between a masked Kane and Taker, and then just let them blow the roof off the building with an epic match that Undertaker comes from behind to win in his 25th and final WM match, ending on 24-1...huge 24-1 graphic on screen as the cameras follow him up the ramp and he looks back at the crowd one last time as he raises his right hand up high and pounds his chest with his left fist a couple of times to a loud pop and "Thank You, 'Taker! chants".

You don't have to like my idea, but if you're going to try to poke holes in it bring something more than that weak tea, bro.

DAMN iNATOR
07-02-2015, 09:27 PM
if next year is takers last match then that would probly end the show, I think kane should be his last match.

I'd prefer his last match to be WM 33, but other than that it seems we are the only ones in this thread who get how he should go out. :y:

Bad News Gertner
07-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Of course it doesn't. I mean it's not like WM has been a 4-hour show for the past few years or anything. Besides you did partially take what I said out of context/selectively left out that I said 40 OR 45-minute WrestleMania classic. I meant that as an idea for a taker retirement match at WM 33 where the "monster" version of Kane is back and motivated to retire Taker "for good", not just his career...a couple months of back and forth head games between a masked Kane and Taker, and then just let them blow the roof off the building with an epic match that Undertaker comes from behind to win in his 25th and final WM match, ending on 24-1...huge 24-1 graphic on screen as the cameras follow him up the ramp and he looks back at the crowd one last time as he raises his right hand up high and pounds his chest with his left fist a couple of times to a loud pop and "Thank You, 'Taker! chants".

You don't have to like my idea, but if you're going to try to poke holes in it bring something more than that weak tea, bro.

I"m not a workrate snob at al. At fucking all. Even I wouldn't want to see them go more than 15 minutes.

Simple Fan
07-02-2015, 09:38 PM
I believe a match with Kane would be a good send off for the both them. Kane and Taker at WM33 seems like a better time to do it rather than this year.

XL
07-03-2015, 04:46 AM
Taker vs. Kane wraps things up nicely from a storyline POV (if that's even possible given the amount of retcon done on the Half-Brothers of Destruction) but a FORTY to 45 minute (because shaving that 5 minutes off could be the difference between a ****1/2 and 5* match, guys) "classic" it won't be.

They've had WM matches before; over 10 years ago, and nearly 20 years ago, neither of which were classics when Taker still had a lot more "go" in him. They've had non-WM matches too, Hell In A Cell and Buried Alive matches 5 years ago, that again were nowhere near classics.

Takers last 2 matches at Mania haven't been classics, with arguably more capable opponents than Kane is.

What I'm saying is, Taker and/or Kane aren't capable of a great match even with the tacked-on "oomph" of a huge gimmick match, yet you think they can put on a 40 minute "classic"?

I disagree.

Rammsteinmad
07-03-2015, 05:19 AM
I have no desire to see Undertaker vs. Sting, Austin vs. Lesnar, Rock vs. Triple H, or anything involving some UFC chick. Fuck all of these old-timers who come back for Wrestlemania and fuck off and leave the rest of the roster to pick up the scraps. So sick of Wrestlemania every year being booked around what the same five or six people are gonna be doing. Fuck this shit.

Rammsteinmad
07-03-2015, 05:20 AM
Also the Undertaker doesn't need any more matches. Seriously he's had ONE HELL OF A FUCKING RUN but seriously all his matches are fucking boring and repetitive now. No matches with Kane or anyone else please. Just fuck off and let someone new start to build a legacy for themselves.

Rammsteinmad
07-03-2015, 05:24 AM
And we don't need any bullshit "passing of the torch" matches like Sting vs. Cena because Cena is now in that position where he should be passing that torch. God I'm so sick of all these "dream matches" that are just the same ol' BS these days. Even Austin facing Lesnar doesn't interest me. Austin's had his run, it was fantastic and it was 15 years ago. The only way Austin would interest me today is if he was a guest referee/enforcer etc, and even that would be boring and predictable, ending with Stunner's etc.

Fuck guys. It's been 22 years of my life, but I'm really starting to think I'm done with wrestling. :( I'm so bored of the product, I skip through Raw and get through most of it in 15 minutes, same for PPV's. I just don't care for all these old timers anymore. I wanna see more of Cesaro, Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett etc. And their pushes come and go so often I struggle to maintain interest. Fuck what a rant...

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm thinking they may go Reigns vs Lesnar for the title again with the idea being that the smark crowd will be firmly behind Reigns now and they can safely put the title on him.

Do you think that would work though? I'm kind of feeling like whilst Reigns is working his heart out and is clearly going to be a major part of WrestleMania, people will still be calling for his blood come WrestleMania. Especially with the repeat Rumble win giving it a potential "Here we go again" feel.

I think the best way to do it would be to have Reigns show signs of being desperate, hinting strongly at a heel turn. Probably even officially turn him before this point. That way it's "cool" for people to boo Reigns. Then Heyman can turn on Brock (although I don't know why you would take Dr. Jekyll away from Mr. Hyde), and Reigns can screw Brock in the main event and set-up a fucking HOT Extreme Rules rematch.

I'm thinking the best opponent(s) for Reigns at WrestleMania would either be John Cena. Cesaro or Ambrose and Rollins in a Triple Treat. Cena, because it's the old franchise player versus the new franchise player, and you know the crowd would be fun. We could even see an odd Hogan/Rock moment, where the crowd completely supports Cena.

Here me out on Cesaro: He's so fucking good in the ring, and Reigns has been working his ass off to make his matches feel organic. I feel they would be a really good match-up -- like a REALLY good match-up -- both with something legitimately to prove. The inventive spots they could do -- sneaking in dropkicks up to the apron and uppercuts -- it could just tear the house down. Sure, it doesn't seem special on paper, but you'd obviously have some sort of build towards it. There's also this "company favorite vs. smark favorite" dynamic. Reigns would obviously win the match, but Cesaro being a test would be enough of a showing for him.

The Shield Triple Threat speaks for itself. They've battled in forms before, but this would be the first pure "Shield Triple Threat."

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2015, 07:23 AM
The Undertake vs. Kane, for whatever reason, actually makes me more interested than most potential Taker matches. Maybe Taker vs. Cena takes the cake. I'd like to see Taker work with someone brilliant in the ring, like Cesaro, to have one more classic; but I don't see that one happening. But yeah, I'm not totally pumped about him working another Mania.

Rammsteinmad
07-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Shield Triple Threat match for the WWE championship should be the main event.

Damian Rey
07-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Why don't they build Reigns to beat Cena at Mania? Honestly, who has Reigns beat in the last year and a half? Orton? Beating Cena, possibly for the US title, means a lot right now. Even if not for the title, and just a good old fashioned old guard versus new with Reigns actually beating a legitimate, protected mega star at wrestlemania in front of 100,000 people would do a lot more for him than being over pushed to the belt, again.

#1-norm-fan
07-03-2015, 07:15 PM
I doubt Lesnar vs Reigns would work. I can just see them going in that direction. It's especially not gonna work if they keep rolling with him as a face after he's done with Rollins.

And Cena vs Reigns would be awesome especially if the crowd went pro-Cena.

#1-norm-fan
07-03-2015, 07:18 PM
If it is a US Title match, they'd have to have a monster fucking match for the world title for that to work. I'm fine with Cena as champ right now even though it's kinda weird. I can see what they're going for. But having Reigns vs Cena for the secondary title while two lesser stars fight for the world title at WrestleMania would just not make sense. The world title match would need to involve Lesnar and... I don't even know who else they could build to that level by that point.

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2015, 09:32 PM
I don't think Cena vs. Reigns would be a US Title match at that point. I've enjoyed Cena as the US Champion, and it was cool to see him breathe some life into the title (I kind of view it as equal to the World Title just because he's holding it). They took a page out of New Japan and Nakamura winning the IC Title there, and it worked. And they probably would have done the same thing with Bryan and the WWE IC Title if it weren't for his injury.

Reigns vs. Cena would probably be either a World Title or a "feature match" all on its on. Bragging rights on the line, etc. Lesnar would seem a shoe-in for the World Title match, unless he does face Austin. If those both happen, what would be the World Title match? I honestly can't see it headlining whatever it is. It could involve Kevin Owens, given how much of a tear that guy is on and the heat he has been getting. But given that Austin vs. Lesnar isn't likely, I could honestly see it being Owens vs. Brock.

Damian Rey
07-03-2015, 10:25 PM
I'd like to see Brock be held off on regaining the belt till Mania honestly. Have him just rip through the rumble and regain the strap at Mania. I cannot think of who else would be a decent choice to win the rumble and headline. Also no clue as to who he would face. Feel like Owens won't be ready in enough time

Bad News Gertner
07-03-2015, 10:36 PM
I have no desire to see Undertaker vs. Sting, Austin vs. Lesnar, Rock vs. Triple H, or anything involving some UFC chick. Fuck all of these old-timers who come back for Wrestlemania and fuck off and leave the rest of the roster to pick up the scraps. So sick of Wrestlemania every year being booked around what the same five or six people are gonna be doing. Fuck this shit.

You're watching the wrong company. Wrestlemania needs a healthy mixture to draw the casual fans. Not saying every part timer who can still go should be in.it, but to say they should do away with them is absurd.

#1-norm-fan
07-03-2015, 11:54 PM
The solution is to actually try to build guys up throughout the year so that they can draw the casual fans. As it stands though, they HAVE to use the older guys with some name recognition because coasting throughout the year and then suddenly throwing Dolph Ziggler or Cesaro's name on the marquee to sell WrestleMania over The Rock or Taker or Sting is a bad idea.

Jazzy Foot
07-04-2015, 12:23 AM
And we don't need any bullshit "passing of the torch" matches like Sting vs. Cena because Cena is now in that position where he should be passing that torch. God I'm so sick of all these "dream matches" that are just the same ol' BS these days. Even Austin facing Lesnar doesn't interest me. Austin's had his run, it was fantastic and it was 15 years ago. The only way Austin would interest me today is if he was a guest referee/enforcer etc, and even that would be boring and predictable, ending with Stunner's etc.

Fuck guys. It's been 22 years of my life, but I'm really starting to think I'm done with wrestling. :( I'm so bored of the product, I skip through Raw and get through most of it in 15 minutes, same for PPV's. I just don't care for all these old timers anymore. I wanna see more of Cesaro, Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett etc. And their pushes come and go so often I struggle to maintain interest. Fuck what a rant...

If truth be told I feel the same way. I mentioned to another user recently that I haven't really watched Raw or a PPV fully since WM 31.

A lot of it was the disappointment I felt with WM 31 which a lot of people seem to feel to the contrary. I don't know whether it was a case of building something up so much and then having expectations dashed. As a huge Sting fan I was disappointed by the way the match ended, it was good and had memorable points like NWO v DX but it could have all been executed so much better. My ideas for the Sting v Triple H feud and having the match go last etc. perhaps I have become out of touch with wrestling today etc.?

Part of my "faith" in wrestling was shattered with the ending of the streak too and I a adamant it was neither necessary to make Lesnar big nor the right thing to do with regards to the Undertaker's legacy. Many will swipe me for this but I just cannot hold Undertaker in that same high regard anymore as that aura of invincibility he held which set him apart from the likes of Rock, Austin, Hogan, Flair, Savage, Warrior, HBK, Triple H, Foley, Cena, CM Punk all the legends I can think of.....it's gone. Before he was The Undertaker, the phenom the only man to be unbeaten at WWE's flagship show. Now he's just like everyone else. A legend yes but nothing special above and beyond the rest. Even though McMahon claims it was Taker's decision, I think it was the wrong move and from a WWE perspective they should have convinced him otherwise.

I just don't feel that excitement with wrestling anymore and whether it's because wrestling really has gone crap or perhaps I have outgrown it and it's got to the stage where the big stars are now either my age or younger........there was always something exciting about idolising people older than you like a hero or role model etc. Sting making his debut in WWE rekindled that emotion.

I just don't feel that way about say Rollins or Wyat or Ambrose though I rate them all highly. Cena and Kane are the ones I like still and Undertaker until the day he final hangs up his boots. Big Show and Jericho still exist from that era but more a fan of the latter. Mark Henry never liked then and certainly not now.

Once Sting and Undertaker and Cena and Jericho are gone/scale back on their work, I will probably sign off.

Apologies for the rant but it's nice to see someone else echoing similar sentiments.

XL
07-04-2015, 05:47 AM
Do people really think they can maintain Owens' momentum until next March/April?

Ruien
07-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Why not. They did a good job with Rollins last year.

Shisen Kopf
07-04-2015, 11:04 AM
I"m not a workrate snob at al. At fucking all. Even I wouldn't want to see them go more than 15 minutes.

The old trusty workrate-o-meter predicts a Kane vs Taker match at Rasslemania to have a work rate level of only 56.362, not that impressive. The longer the match goes the more the workrate goes down. For the sake of serious business, Kane vs Taker at Rasslemania next year needs to be a reverse Ironman match.

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Why not. They did a good job with Rollins last year.

Seth Rollins had momentum?

Blonde Moment
07-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Do people really think they can maintain Owens' momentum until next March/April?

Naw, I'm thinking Cena is going to squash him and then he will spend the next few years in midcard hell putting on good matches

Blonde Moment
07-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Or he gets bored again and gets lazy

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2015, 10:12 PM
I can actually see him ending up going the Bray Wyatt route where they "commit" to pushing him every other month while having him job randomly in between and he just ends up a directionless mess.

Mercenary
07-04-2015, 10:24 PM
I can actually see him ending up going the Bray Wyatt route where they "commit" to pushing him every other month while having him job randomly in between and he just ends up a directionless mess.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/600969.jpg

DAMN iNATOR
07-04-2015, 11:01 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/600969.jpg

http://i.minus.com/iZTAEW962IENj.gif

#1-norm-fan
07-05-2015, 12:56 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I haven't seen it...

Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor, in theory, could be an incredibly feud leading into a WrestleMania match. Their characters seem like a perfect fit for each other.

Rammsteinmad
07-05-2015, 09:31 AM
@Bad News Gertner: (fucking library wifi won't let me post with a quote in it!)

I totally understand that, I really do.

But by not making "big stars" of the roster of today, who will be the big draw when guys like the Rock, Triple H and Undertaker etc are well and truly done in the ring?

I don't mind a couple of them, because obviously like you said, Wrestlemania needs that big match feel to it. But the last six/seven Wrestlemania's have all been pretty much booked around the same handful of guys, who are all part-timers and all pretty past their prime.

Cena, Lesnar etc are still current and belong there. The Rock being in a match is fine, but please not with Triple H! Remember, Wrestlemania's such as 17 (often cited as the best Wrestlemania) didn't rely on big names from the past. And yeah, they had that gimmick battle royal but that was not a big selling point of the PPV.

The Condor
07-05-2015, 11:19 AM
They've been spicing up Mania with outside help since 2003 when they put Hogan, Vince, Austin, Rock, and a not quite returned Shawn Michaels in the show's key matches. It's not an entirely new phenomenon, but the state of the product's writing now is a dumpster fire and these returning stars are bumping the full-time workers down or off the card completely. Wrestlemania 19 had a nice blend of the old and new and allowed newbies to casual fans like Brock, Angle, Rhyno, etc.. the opportunity to flourish. That would not happen today due to myriad factors, mostly stemming from the terrible management and production of the WWE.

Blonde Moment
07-05-2015, 11:44 AM
I really think they need to start booking based on the talents strengths rather than making them do pure WWE style. With the talent they have there is no reason they should be having "piss break" matches at any PPV let alone Wrestlemania. They have so much talent available to them right now it's a fucking travesty they can't figure what the hell to do with them. This ain't the tail end of WCW its the fucking "E" .

Corndad
07-05-2015, 06:03 PM
It's crazy to think Orton is an after thought now. Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't heard him mentioned once this entire thread.

I'm still hoping for a Kurt Angle retirement match to happen at a Wrestlemania. He mentioned yesterday he would like it to be against Bryan. Health for both men obviously needs to change but that would be the ONE Dream match left I couldn't miss. The rest... just meh honestly.

WWE needs to have strong Heels come out of Mania next year. Rollins, Owens, and Wyatt all need to have major matches at Mania 32 just to help the future of where the company goes. Soon these guys they call on to come back and work just won't be there.

Ruien
07-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Seth Rollins had momentum?

For what his character is, yes.

Lock Jaw
07-05-2015, 06:18 PM
They need special attractions now for Mania because the audience gets oversaturated by every one else.

Of course I want to see Triple H wrestle at Mania because he doesn't wrestle the rest of the year.

Do I care about seeing a Dolph Ziggler vs. Cesaro match? Sure, it'll be a good match, but not a "special moment" because it is a match we have seen and will continue to see on any given episode of Monday Night RAW.

Like, everybody has wrestled everybody, so very hard to make a match feel "special". Last match between two "regulars" that felt "special" was Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena.

Otherwise they need those attractions that will draw people in.

#1-norm-fan
07-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Cena, Lesnar etc are still current and belong there. The Rock being in a match is fine, but please not with Triple H! Remember, Wrestlemania's such as 17 (often cited as the best Wrestlemania) didn't rely on big names from the past. And yeah, they had that gimmick battle royal but that was not a big selling point of the PPV.

WrestleMania 17 didn't need to rely on big names from the past because the names of the present were so huge. That luxury doesn't exist today unfortunately.

Bad News Gertner
07-05-2015, 08:29 PM
I haven't watched any full WWE shows outside of Wrestlemania since 2013.

DAMN iNATOR
07-06-2015, 02:20 AM
WrestleMania 17 didn't need to rely on big names from the past because the names of the present were so huge. That luxury doesn't exist today unfortunately.

True, but I was surprised the first time I watched a clip online of the gimmick battle royal how great they did with it.

Same with when I watched LIVE on PPV @ my friend's...pretty huge "shindig" for RR 2002, all the surprise entrants like Perfect, DDP, etc...so awesome.

#1-norm-fan
07-06-2015, 04:14 AM
The gimmick battle royal was fucking awesome at the time. I remember being ridiculously excited for it.

Big Vic
07-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Why no?

It makes sense from a "legacy/storyline" viewpoint, i.e. Undertaker wants to avenge that defeat, Lesnar may not be in the title picture, hype it up as one of the biggest rematches of all time etc.How does that make the WWE money?

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 12:47 PM
How does that make the WWE money?

How is anything else making the WWE any more or less money? Bryan winning the IC title? Ruseve dropping the US title to Cena? How did Taker v Lesnar at WM 30 make WWE money or Taker's matches prior to that? What about each and every match on the card? All money makers right?

Undertaker is still a draw and will be until he retires. Besides it's not like people tune in for the one match. A Taker v Lesnar rematch would be a decent draw especially if it's his last match. It wouldn't be a given that Taker would sign off with a win, we were dead cert Taker would remain unbeaten or that Sting just couldn't possibly lose to Triple H in his debut.

Also to go back to the money issue from a WM perspective,it's WM it WILL be a sellout or near to full capacity at Cowboys Stadium. You're not drawing fans locally, nationally but worldwide, WWE is a more "global" brand now than it ever has been regardless of what we all think of the quality of the product or feud etc. The event sells out months before the card is even announced.

Big Vic
07-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Undertaker is still a draw and will be until he retires. Besides it's not like people tune in for the one match. A Taker v Lesnar rematch would be a decent draw especially if it's his last match.
So Taker gets the win over the wrestler that has more momentum going for him than all of the active roster and then Taker retires. Not best for business.

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 02:06 PM
So Taker gets the win over the wrestler that has more momentum going for him than all of the active roster and then Taker retires. Not best for business.

What momentum would that be? You make it sound like Brock Lesnar is "flavour of the month" or "the In thing". Brock Lesnar always was a big deal, beating the Undertaker would never have changed that and losing to the Undertaker in a hypothetical rematch would do no harm either.

Also the only reason he has "momentum" is because WWE have been using him sparingly/part-time more to do with his terms and agreements. If he was week in week out then it may well be a different story.

If anyone has momentum it's Rollins and Ambrose.

Lesnar is seeming "bigger" than he was before because of his sporadic appearances and the air of unpredictably that's created.

XL
07-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Surely using Taker, HHH, Brock, Rock, Sting, etc makes each of them less special? If Austin were to wrestle it'd be really special but having the same part-timers crawl out of the woodwork every Mania season makes them less special every year. Same as seeing the same guys every time they do a Raw Reunion/Old School Raw/anniversary show.

Big Vic
07-06-2015, 03:26 PM
What momentum would that be? You make it sound like Brock Lesnar is "flavour of the month" or "the In thing". Brock Lesnar always was a big deal, beating the Undertaker would never have changed that and losing to the Undertaker in a hypothetical rematch would do no harm either.

Also the only reason he has "momentum" is because WWE have been using him sparingly/part-time more to do with his terms and agreements. If he was week in week out then it may well be a different story.

If anyone has momentum it's Rollins and Ambrose.

Lesnar is seeming "bigger" than he was before because of his sporadic appearances and the air of unpredictably that's created.Brock Lesnar turned into an unstoppable badass since beating the streak, you don't have him lose to Taker who is retiring.

Ambrose has lost a lot of his momentum since MITB.

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Surely using Taker, HHH, Brock, Rock, Sting, etc makes each of them less special? If Austin were to wrestle it'd be really special but having the same part-timers crawl out of the woodwork every Mania season makes them less special every year. Same as seeing the same guys every time they do a Raw Reunion/Old School Raw/anniversary show.

I thought the whole point of Austin "retiring" was his injury hence we won't be seeing him wrestle again?

Those mentioned above are all "special" in terms of the legendary status they attained over their regular careers. Having them come back for the first or second match of the year does no harm/benefit to either.

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Brock Lesnar turned into an unstoppable badass since beating the streak, you don't have him lose to Taker who is retiring.

Ambrose has lost a lot of his momentum since MITB.

The first point in bold; I keep saying, Lesnar was never portrayed as anything less be it during his first stint or current WWE run. His whole character, look etc fits that persona and makes no difference if he lost a match.

The second point: who better to "stop" him as it were than the man he beat some two years before? For me Taker v Lesnar is more of a story, closing a chapter i.e. Taker wanted to end on a winning note and beat the man he hasn't beaten at mania and who inflicted his only defeat. It would be a perfect way to sign off. Again it does no harm to Lesnar just like having Lesnar lose his first match back post WM-29 to Cena did no harm to his run/character.

I just think if WM 32 will be Taker's last WM then rather than having a boring Taker v Sting with all of the potential hype/charm ebbed away over the years, just throw him into a feud with Lesnar, that's more exciting i.e. Taker going on about the pain of that defeat and how it tears him up inside and how he can't retire not having avenged that defeat.

I find it odd that Undertaker never "addressed" that loss on TV obviously he didn't resurface until Wyatt called him out. But simply accepting the loss and "moving on".....doesn't seem like "the Undertaker way".

Besides the rematch would still have an air of unpredictability: will he or won't he avenge that defeat?

Apart from Sting which would be pointless who else is left? IMO he should have dropped the streak to Cena or possibly the Rock or Sting. None of those are options I think, Cena unless he's in the title picture or involved with another star.

I just can't imagine allowing the Undertaker character to retire without addressing that loss one way or another and it wouldn't be unrealistic nor far-fetched to expect the two to square off again given Taker went at it with Triple H, HBK and Kane more than once at WM.

Also going back to the "unstoppable" bit, Lesnar has pretty much been "unstoppable" since he returned in 2012 (he returned in 2012 right?) so losing to the Undertaker in 2016......quite a long stretch of being unstoppable even if appearances have been sporadic.

Undertaker v Sting should remain a pipe dream or better yet host it at another PPV and make that a huge draw e.g. Summer Slam, Survivor Series, maybe revive an old PPV like Starrcade etc?

Big Vic
07-06-2015, 04:55 PM
The first point in bold; I keep saying, Lesnar was never portrayed as anything less be it during his first stint or current WWE run. His whole character, look etc fits that persona and makes no difference if he lost a match.

The second point: who better to "stop" him as it were than the man he beat some two years before? For me Taker v Lesnar is more of a story, closing a chapter i.e. Taker wanted to end on a winning note and beat the man he hasn't beaten at mania and who inflicted his only defeat. It would be a perfect way to sign off. Again it does no harm to Lesnar just like having Lesnar lose his first match back post WM-29 to Cena did no harm to his run/character.
Lesnar portrayed a chicken shit heel for parts of 2003, like when he needed the FBI to help him to beat Taker. And when he returned in 2012 He lost to Cena and then lost a rematch to HHH. He didn't become the character he is today until he beat Undertaker at Mania.

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Lesnar portrayed a chicken shit heel for parts of 2003, like when he needed the FBI to help him to beat Taker. And when he returned in 2012 He lost to Cena and then lost a rematch to HHH. He didn't become the character he is today until he beat Undertaker at Mania.

And until then he was what, seen as some weak guy?

Damian Rey
07-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Lesnar was no where near the draw nor remotely as interesting before they activated Skynet and put Operation:Terminator gimmick into place. It started with his squashing of the Big Show and has continued since.

Blonde Moment
07-06-2015, 07:51 PM
And it needs to continue because without it the only thing he has going for him is Heyman and I think if that happened the ratings with Heyman and Lesnar or Heyman without Lesnar would be about the same.

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Gosh it seems nobody thinks much of Brock Lesnar then?

Damian Rey
07-06-2015, 08:30 PM
You need to understand that it's not about Lesnar. It's about how his character is presented and how the show is built to showcase him. Outside of the first return feud with Cena, where he fucking lost, he was a featured attraction with lame storylines. That's no longer the case. He's the fucking man, the crowds are absolute shit hot for him, and he's presented as a huge fucking deal.

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 08:32 PM
You need to understand that it's not about Lesnar. It's about how his character is presented and how the show is built to showcase him. Outside of the first return feud with Cena, where he fucking lost, he was a featured attraction with lame storylines. That's no longer the case. He's the fucking man, the crowds are absolute shit hot for him, and he's presented as a huge fucking deal.

And what I keep asking is how that would be any different if he did supposedly lose to the Undertaker? Surely that would make a "rematch" all the more exciting as we'd genuinely believe there's a possibility Taker would lose a second time.

And if you think losing to Taker would "harm" Lesnar's rep/character then really the guy isn't that popular at all.

Wrestlers always have to win and lose and Lesnar is no exception. 2012-2016 even sporadic appearances is still a long streak with few losses: Cena, Triple H and you could call WM 31 a "loss" of sorts but I don't. Having Taker inflict that defeat would be interesting from a storyline perspective.

Savio
07-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Taker shouldn't be pinning anyone at this point unless its a jobber, much less Lesnar.

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Taker shouldn't be pinning anyone at this point unless its a jobber, much less Lesnar.

Who would that jobber be then?

Savio
07-06-2015, 08:53 PM
I dunno, Otunga?

Savio
07-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Sting?

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 10:19 PM
No to both. The first was a joke obviously and Sting wouldn't job at a second consecutive wrestle mania.....heck I predict he won't wrestle again at WM.

Either Taker comes back gets the win against Lesnar and retires or indeed another loss, or he just quietly says good bye.

Savio
07-06-2015, 10:20 PM
I agree he should just quietly say goodbye.

#1-norm-fan
07-06-2015, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't mind Taker coming back to take a loss and put someone over before walking away. He definitely doesn't need to be going over Lesnar though. Would be horribly counter-productive.

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't mind Taker coming back to take a loss and put someone over before walking away. He definitely doesn't need to be going over Lesnar though. Would be horribly counter-productive.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks Taker getting revenge on Lesnar was a good idea?

I thought it was a bad idea having him beat Wyatt though as that guy seems to have stayed static.

Jazzy Foot
07-06-2015, 10:57 PM
I agree he should just quietly say goodbye.

Well I've never really dug the whole "So and so says good bye on Raw". Just retire already.

It only became a big deal when Flair retired and then HBK.

#1-norm-fan
07-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Lesnar needs to continue to look dominant in order to be the attraction he is. Taker getting revenge would be great to make Taker look good at Brock's expense. What good does that do Taker when he leaves for good afterward? Meanwhile it would make Brock look more "human". That needs to not happen.

Jazzy Foot
07-07-2015, 01:31 AM
Lesnar needs to continue to look dominant in order to be the attraction he is. Taker getting revenge would be great to make Taker look good at Brock's expense. What good does that do Taker when he leaves for good afterward? Meanwhile it would make Brock look more "human". That needs to not happen.

I honestly don't get this whole "If Lesnar loses he looks weak" thing everyone here sees to be raving about. Lesnar as a man looks and acts the part of a beast/thug/brute as does Ryback, as did Batista and Goldberg etc Losing a match especially to one of the all time legends doesn't change that certainly not in the eyes of hardened wrestling fans and if it does, then really it shows they know nothing about character portrayal or that said individual was never really a big deal in the first place.

It appears I am the only one who appears to be giving Lesnar any credit for his work prior to the streak. Even losing to Nash albeit under dubious circumstances, Goldberg never appeared any less of a dominant character and if anything given most of his losses came dirty, his persona was preserved. You might argue Batista's character was ruined by having him submit to Daniel Bryan but that was more reflective of the fact that Batista's last run was just scripted terribly from start to finish.

Losing a match especially to the Undertaker would certainly do no harm whatsoever to Lesnar. If we are talking about him as a dominant figure then you need someone who is on his level physically etc and apart from the Undertaker we're rather limited e.g. Big Show, Kane, Mark Henry, Ryback. That's not say Cena or Reigns or Rollins can't lift him and they have done. I meant in terms of someone comparable in size etc. That's why Nash was the ideal option to end Goldberg's streak as he had already beaten the other viable faces such as DDP and Sting and beaten Giant and Nash was the only person who had the physical prowess to make the win look convincing. Nobody would have bought say Billy Kidman or Psychosis beating Goldberg.

Also from a storyline perspective it makes sense. Say Undertaker returns around February time not to announce a match but to address the WWE Universe, talks about his career and achievements and the ending of the streak and how it still eats him up inside. Maybe Lesnar confronts him with Heyman in tow and they goad him etc. Taker then challenges him to one last match at WM, Lesnar initially laughs it off as it would be same old story but then accepts it. We'd all go into it wondering if Taker will win or lose. I mean I'm sure there were many out there who thought Wyatt might get given the win at WM 31.

For those like my still crying over the streak ending, it serves some solace in that at least Undertaker can say he's beaten all of his Wrestle Mania opponents and thus has that distinction although haven't Goldberg and Mayweather beaten all their WM opponents too?

Let's be honest whilst Undertaker is and always will be a legend, his aura has been tarnished with the streak being broken. As I said at length previously, there is now nothing that makes him stand out or above the likes of Hogan, Flair, Savage, Rock, Austin, HBK, HHH, Foley and even Cena, Punk or heck even Sting. He is just another ring legend who went on unbeaten at WM for some time until they decided to let Lesnar take the streak. That to me is not befitting of someone as legendary as the Undertaker and for the years of service he has given to the WWE and wrestling, he deserves at least one distinction we can all say that will never be matched or beaten for at least some time and that's having him beat Lesnar in his final match and thus he hangs up his boots having beaten all his WM opponents.

A match with Sting serves absolutely no purpose for either man with both being past their prime and with it most likely being their final match, would want a WM win. Personally I would like to see them fight at another PPV but can either man muster the strength to give us one more match?

Furthermore what is the deal with Sting any way? I would not be surprised if Sting never returned to the ring again (in a match) or indeed, if neither man did.

So to conclude I feel Taker should fight Lesnar at WM 32 and if not then he should retire as a match against a jobber serves little purpose and it would be silly to see him get a win over say Cena or even someone like Ambrose or Rollins.

Ideal candidates for the streak for me would have been Sting, Cena, Rock in that order.

Jazzy Foot
07-07-2015, 01:33 AM
On a side note Hogan seems to be constantly ranting and raving about possibly having one more match at WM 32.

Surely this is totally unrealistic? If it did happen it would either be some weird-ass match against McMahon or J & J Security or Michael Cole, or a slow tag team match or something involving celebrities?

Damian Rey
07-07-2015, 01:59 AM
How can you not comprehend that had Lesnar not essentially destroyed the Undertaker and take what was his most impressive accomplishment and bury it there would absolutely no steam behind him going up against Cena?

If Lesnar loses to Taker,he has no momentum. He goes against Cena following a losing effort to an old man. It's not the same. The hype Heyman was able to build off of pinning Taker and the heat that came from it is non existent if Lesnar loses. There's nothing there to build up steam.

Feel like you're arguing for the sake of arguing. Taker doesn't need a revenge win against a guy who is clearly in a different league. It'd be a absolute waste. Taker is better off calling it a day than beating Lesnar in a meaningless match that'd have zero heat.

#1-norm-fan
07-07-2015, 02:07 AM
Lesnar would still have credibility. No one's arguing that losing to Taker would suddenly make him unable to draw at all. Your options are: Have Lesnar look unstoppable and have every match he competes in have the aura of "Can _____ stop the unstoppable monster?" or... you have him lose to an old man way past his prime and have anyone who beats him or even puts up a fight just look that much less impressive for doing so.

Now honestly... which is the best option?

Jazzy Foot
07-07-2015, 02:11 AM
How can you not comprehend that had Lesnar not essentially destroyed the Undertaker and take what was his most impressive accomplishment and bury it there would absolutely no steam behind him going up against Cena?

If Lesnar loses to Taker,he has no momentum. He goes against Cena following a losing effort to an old man. It's not the same. The hype Heyman was able to build off of pinning Taker and the heat that came from it is non existent if Lesnar loses. There's nothing there to build up steam.

Feel like you're arguing for the sake of arguing. Taker doesn't need a revenge win against a guy who is clearly in a different league. It'd be a absolute waste. Taker is better off calling it a day than beating Lesnar in a meaningless match that'd have zero heat.

Then really it shows how little regard most had and still have for Lesnar. It's almost as if you're suggesting he should now continue what remains of his wrestling career going unbeaten or at least unpinned which is totally unrealistic and unlikely to happen.

Undertaker isn't just an "old man", this is the Undertaker, the phenom, the deadman, the legend, one of the all time greats and imposing both physically and psychologically. It would fit "the character" to have a storyline where he wanted to avenge his solitary defeat etc hence why a rematch with Lesnar isn't a totally ridiculous option. I don't see Lesnar being involved in the title match at WM 32 and Taker will no doubt be on the card.

If losing to an old man is such a bad thing then why on Earth did they have Wyatt job to Taker? Of all the people they could have built up off the back of the streak, Wyatt fit the bill.

Why can't people seem to understand my point: I don't think Lesnar losing to Taker or even without the streak ending, Lesnar would have still been a big deal. He's not some runty little weed like Daniel Bryan who needs to be pushed or thrown into as many main events as possible to win favour from the crowds. Lesnar will always be viewed as a Beast and if his current run of wins/unpinned is to come to an end why not have the man whose streak he ended be the one to inflict that defeat? They could have a great match and everyone goes home happy.

Lesnar most likely won't be in the title picture and could well get pinned at the next PPV, that seems unlikely but I suspect Rollins will still hold the belt by then.

Sheamus will have failed in his cash-in attempt.

Jazzy Foot
07-07-2015, 02:18 AM
Lesnar would still have credibility. No one's arguing that losing to Taker would suddenly make him unable to draw at all. Your options are: Have Lesnar look unstoppable and have every match he competes in have the aura of "Can _____ stop the unstoppable monster?" or... you have him lose to an old man way past his prime and have anyone who beats him or even puts up a fight just look that much less impressive for doing so.

Now honestly... which is the best option?

That is exactly why having Undertaker get the win is the right thing to do. As I just said previously I don't picture Lesnar being in the WWE title frame as I believer Rollins and Ambrose and possibly Reigns too will battle on for this and personally I'd like to see a Rollins v Ambrose main event.....

Lesnar is unstoppable he brags and brags and brags then out comes Undertaker, Heyman and Lesnar laugh but decide to give him a match to beat on him some more. We all tune in being edge of our seats as we genuinely don't know which way this will go but we hope both would put on a good match.

That's why I say Taker should get the win, he's the "least expected". Nobody wants to see Cena beat this guy, Triple H doesn't really figure, Orton has other feuds, Sheamus nope. Daniel Bryan got injured and even if he was fit to wrestle would be too much of a liability, I don't think Jericho would want the match, Kevin Owens might be a possibility...... Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose all involved in other feuds, Wyatt v Lesnar wouldn't work.....who's left? Unless the Rock came back to take on Lesnar.

Rammsteinmad
07-07-2015, 04:50 AM
Back on topic of top stars of today/the past etc. Having just watched Cesaro/Cena from Raw, imagine that exact match at Wrestlemania! 70,000 fans would be going ape-shit over that. On the off-chance that casual/non-fans are seeing it, the crowds reaction to the match would further enhance the experience, and would help represent Cesaro as a "top guy" that casual fans could get into. Wrestlemania is where "the whole world is watching" and that would make a new big star for the WWE, without the possibility of said big name being absent the rest of the year.

Big Vic
07-07-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm only for Taker beating Lesnar if its a titty honking match.

Lets stop feeding the troll guys.

Ruien
07-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Lesnar would not even be able to suplex Taker because Taker would die. He would not be able to look like his dominate self because of the crippled body of Taker. Who the hell wants to see a match with Brock not bringing SUPLEX CITY?

Ruien
07-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Is Jazzy a troll? Just figured he was a idiot.

Jazzy Foot
07-07-2015, 10:22 AM
A Troll for not sharing your stupid views on Lesnar?

Big Vic
07-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Is Jazzy a troll? Just figured he was a idiot.
You tell me:

Which Diva's titties would you love to honk? (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128882)
Divas you want to see get undressed? (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128904)
Do we talk tits here? (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128905)
If a Diva forced you to smell her armpits, which Diva would it be (current roster only). (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128916)
Masturbation policy at PPVs (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=129016)

Jazzy Foot
07-07-2015, 11:58 AM
You tell me:

Which Diva's titties would you love to honk? (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128882)
Divas you want to see get undressed? (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128904)
Do we talk tits here? (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128905)
If a Diva forced you to smell her armpits, which Diva would it be (current roster only). (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128916)
Masturbation policy at PPVs (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=129016)

I know you'd prefer we discussed penises instead of tits but calling me a troll, that's unfair.

Jazzy Foot
07-07-2015, 12:20 PM
I try to be serious but if it's troll Jazzy you won't then all I have to say to that is tits!

NormanSmiley
07-07-2015, 03:23 PM
why not have taker face superfly at mania 32? I mean if we want to tie a bow on the whole career thing?

Big Vic
07-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Put Taker in a gimmick battle Royal with HHH, Sting, and Hogan... etc

#1-norm-fan
07-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Honestly, I may be in the minority here but if they can get HBK back for one more match, I wouldn't mind seeing Taker-HBK 3. Taker decides he's gonna retire after WrestleMania and HBK comes out and says if he's going out, he wants it to be against him. I'm convinced with months to prepare, HBK could pull another great match out of him. Have HBK win and the two of them shake hands after and walk off having capped off Taker's career with an epic match against his greatest WrestleMania opponent in both men's home state.

Damian Rey
07-07-2015, 10:53 PM
I'd be cool with that. And I'm really pining for a gimmick battle royal from newer old guys. Ken Shamrock, Steve Blackman, the Dudleys, X Pac, NAO, etc. It'd be a fucking blast of a piss break.

#1-norm-fan
07-07-2015, 11:43 PM
I'd be all for that if they brought in a lot of gimmicks from the attitude era and a little after who haven't been around lately. Val Venis, The Hurricane, etc.

#1-norm-fan
07-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Then have Zack Ryder be part of it and make his entrance looking around like "What the fuck am I doing in this?"

Lock Jaw
07-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Dolph Ziggler enters as NICKY!!!

#1-norm-fan
07-08-2015, 12:30 AM
No. Dolph Ziggler enters as Kerwin White's caddy.

Blonde Moment
07-08-2015, 12:44 AM
Taker/Owens

DAMN iNATOR
07-08-2015, 06:09 AM
No. Dolph Ziggler enters as Kerwin White's caddy.

You just know Heath Slater can't be excluded...somebody's gotta be the guy who gets eliminated before he's in the ring for 1 second!

The CyNick
07-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Lesnar vs Owens is the direction I would go.

#1-norm-fan
07-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Lesnar... Ryback....

Should have happened at 29 but I'll take it now.

Damian Rey
07-08-2015, 09:59 PM
I have no faith in creative that they will ever make anything out of what Ryback could've been.

#1-norm-fan
07-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Neither do I. I don't even really have faith in his IC title run going well.

After SummerSlam the year prior to WM29 though when Ryback was still the beast he came in as and Lesnar had just made Triple H tap out, Ryback starting a "Feed me Brock" craze while Heyman subtly just kind of avoided it for a while building up to a match at WrestleMania between the two would have MADE Ryback. He would have become what they're having to try so hard to turn Reigns into.

Instead Triple H needed his win back and Ryback needed to put Mark Henry over...

Savio
07-09-2015, 05:00 AM
Think its so stupid people book them selves over another person in a fake sport.

Blonde Moment
07-09-2015, 05:28 AM
In the end it is all about money, higher up on the card you are the more money you make.

#1-norm-fan
07-09-2015, 06:48 AM
Think its so stupid people book them selves over another person in a fake sport.

I get it in certain situations. Like if you're building toward something bigger. But in situations where there's a much better option that could likely build a new star for your company, choosing to put yourself over just to get your win back is definitely stupid.

Big Vic
07-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I wasn't watching much wrestling in 2011 but remember hearing HHH did the same thing to Punk around that time.

BigCrippyZ
07-09-2015, 10:21 AM
I get it in certain situations. Like if you're building toward something bigger. But in situations where there's a much better option that could likely build a new star for your company, choosing to put yourself over just to get your win back is definitely stupid.

This. Especially for someone like HHH who hasn't really left the business for years ala Rock, Lesnar or Austin if he came back in the future or even HBK when he came back from his injury. I can see why those guys might want or feel like they need to get a win or two to reestablish themselves a little.

Someone like HHH or even Taker or recently, Jericho, don't need it. They're around often and long enough in recent history that no one cares if they lose to a current main eventer/up-comer and don't need to "get their win back."

DAMN iNATOR
07-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Pretty sure Shawn's considered "officially" retired.

XL
07-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Honestly, I may be in the minority here but if they can get HBK back for one more match, I wouldn't mind seeing Taker-HBK 3. Taker decides he's gonna retire after WrestleMania and HBK comes out and says if he's going out, he wants it to be against him. I'm convinced with months to prepare, HBK could pull another great match out of him. Have HBK win and the two of them shake hands after and walk off having capped off Taker's career with an epic match against his greatest WrestleMania opponent in both men's home state.
Nope.

40(-45) minute classic between Taker and Kane, dammit!!

Ruien
07-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Just leave Taker off the card. His matches are barely watchable now.

James Steele
07-09-2015, 07:42 PM
The Brock match was bad, but he was concussed and injured early. The Wyatt match wasn't bad, but it failed to live up to the expectations of the past decade of Undertaker matches.

Ruien
07-09-2015, 07:56 PM
His past 3 matches have not been Mania worthy matches.

Blonde Moment
07-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Something seemed way off with that last match.

#1-norm-fan
07-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Pretty sure Shawn's considered "officially" retired.

Well damn. "Officially retired" in wrestling is quite official so I guess that's that.

Sepholio
07-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Calling it now, Shawn at WM32. Keep talking about him being retired and it will happen.

#1-norm-fan
07-09-2015, 10:41 PM
The thing that put the idea of the Taker match in my head was the rumors that WWE is trying to get him for WM32. If he's gonna have one more match, there would never be a better situation than facing Taker in his retirement match at WrestleMania in front of a crowd of 100,000 in Texas.

Sepholio
07-09-2015, 11:08 PM
He could still carry Taker to a decent match, I'm sure. Unless Taker is just that far gone now. Which he probably is.

I know this sounds dumb probably, and it would piss off everyone ever, but they should do Sting v Taker and have Shawn come out for no reason and attack Sting. Originally I was thinking a DQ finish, but maybe have it happen right after the finish. Build to a Sting v Shawn retirement match. I want to see Shawn one more time, and him and Sting could probably have a decent match.

Savio
07-09-2015, 11:29 PM
I know this sounds dumb probably, and it would piss off everyone ever, but they should do Sting v Taker and have Shawn come out for no reason and attack Sting.
lol again?

Jazzy Foot
07-09-2015, 11:30 PM
lol again?

Didn't HBK once save Sting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fALflqEoMYc

Then the whole thing just got fucking weird with the whole Jesus business. Even for a titty honking, foot fetishist, Paige's ass kissing and armpit sniffing freakazoid like me, that was just fucking weird.

James Steele
07-09-2015, 11:30 PM
His past 3 matches have not been Mania worthy matches.

He had a valid reason for WM30 since his brain was scrambled, and the CM Punk match at WM29 was great. WM31 match was alright. The bar got set so high from WM21 vs Orton, WM23 vs Batista, WM24 vs Edge, and especially the WM25-26 vs HBK twice and WM27-28 vs HHH twice run that nothing really can live up to the expectations of a veteran fan's idea of an Undertaker WrestleMania match. The idea and the aura of the streak really didn't mean anything until WM21 vs Orton anyway. Bray vs Taker was better than any match Undertaker had before WM14.

Mr. Nerfect
07-10-2015, 05:56 AM
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels would actually be an awesome WrestleMania 32 match. HBK could come out of retirement with an old gunslinger's attitude -- you put me out, now I put you out, old man.

DAMN iNATOR
07-10-2015, 06:03 AM
Well damn. "Officially retired" in wrestling is quite official so I guess that's that.

Don't get me wrong, I know he could show up at any time for a one-off WM match. That's why I put officially in quotes. It could just be a kayfabe retirement, but I'm fairly certain it's not. Time will tell.

slik
07-10-2015, 10:02 AM
I would like to see the Undertaker go one on one with...

Anybody THRILLA~!

Savio
07-10-2015, 01:45 PM

Then the whole thing just got fucking weird with the whole Jesus business. Even for a titty honking, foot fetishist, Paige's ass kissing and armpit sniffing freakazoid like me, that was just fucking weird.
Yeah but HBK screwed sting at mania.

XL
07-10-2015, 02:00 PM
I dunno. If HBK's coming out of retirement I'd like it to be something fresh, rather than the 3rd instalment of Taker-HBK.

Mr. Nerfect
07-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Would love to see Kevin Owens vs. HBK to be honest.

#1-norm-fan
07-10-2015, 07:24 PM
My ideal WrestleMania card that I can think of right now...

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match
Brock Lesnar(c) vs Ryback

Mixed Tag Match
Triple H and Stephanie McMahon vs The Rock and Ronda Rousey

Retirement Match
The Undertaker vs John Cena

Triple Threat Match
Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose

WWE United States Title Match
Kevin Owens(c) vs Randy Orton

Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
The Miz(c) vs Fandango

The Bella Twins vs Trish Stratus and Lita

WWE World Tag Team Title Match (Guest Enforcer: Hulk Hogan)
The Usos(c) vs Sheamus and Rusev

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Tag title match may seem a little odd but when trying to come up with a card, I came up with a situation where The Usos come back and regain the tag titles and also throw their support behind their family in The Rock and Roman Reigns, both of whom are feuding with The Authority. This pisses of Triple H and he enlists his super team of Sheamus and Rusev to take the titles off of them. Then through an argument with Vince or something, Hogan gets put in as an enforcer. Allows him to be part of the show and maybe even get involved physically a little without having to have a match. Feel like all of this would bring the tag titles prestige way up along with The Usos' stock.

Mr. Nerfect
07-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Not bad, fan. Not bad.

Sixx
07-10-2015, 08:55 PM

What kind of a fucking show is that?

Mr. Nerfect
07-10-2015, 09:00 PM
I think The Usos will get a moment where they win the Tag Team Championship at WrestleMania next year, but I'm not sure what heel team they will beat. To be honest, I could see it being Luke Harper & Erick Rowan, since those matches were so good. It wouldn't surprise me to see The Lucha Dragons and The New Day added to that as well though.

#1-norm-fan
07-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Multi-team tag title pre-show matches at WrestleMania seem to be tradition now. So that's the most likely scenario. It would just be cool if they could build a tag title match to an upper card level where it HAS to be on the main show.

Mr. Nerfect
07-10-2015, 09:14 PM
I agree. At WrestleMania XXX I thought "The Usos win on Kickoff here, then next year it's on the main show." Then it was the Fatal 4-Way on the pre-show again. I do think we'll see them on the main show next year though. They'll just need heel opponents that are worthy of their own spot.

Mr. Nerfect
07-10-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm seriously stuck on the World Title match. I can book like six epic matches that I can reasonably see happening given current deals and such (and no one coming back from the dead or permanent injury), but I just cannot find an obviously HUGE World Title match.

John Cena defending the World Title against someone seems like the best bet right now. Or chasing his sixteenth title at WrestleMania. But given that he's likely to be booed, I think casting him as the defending champion is the best bet.

I had this thought at the start of the year, but then let it go, but now it is creeping back: How about Finn Balor? I know it would be his first WrestleMania and it might seem surreal to put him in such a spot, but the guy has been astonishing in NXT so far. His entrance at WrestleMania alone would make it feel like a big fight. Balor himself has said that his dream Mania opponent is Cena, and it'd be a "franchise passing" moment that might actually not get shit on (like Reigns might).

Even if the reign of Balor is short-lived, it could still be a fairly epic moment. And it's not like the WWE are about to cut their losses with Balor. Might as well give him a shot.

Jazzy Foot
07-11-2015, 01:46 PM

God knows......actually that was the point. But yeah it was so fucking weird.

DAMN iNATOR
07-11-2015, 05:01 PM
They could probably go somewhat old-school and do a Fatal-4-Way, 4 Corners tag or a tag elimination gauntlet.

The Usos v. The New Day vs. The Ascension vs. Prime Time Players (c)

Dunno.

Mr. Nerfect
07-11-2015, 05:42 PM
The Ascension and The Primetime Players just aren't Mania tag match material yet, in my opinion. Let them appear in the Battle Royal, but let the best teams fight over the Tag Titles.

Lock Jaw
07-11-2015, 08:02 PM
The Usos are pretty much the only Mania tag match material though, so there has to be some leeway.

Sepholio
07-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Usos vs Lucha Dragons

or

Harper/Rowan vs The Dudley Boyz

Either match will work fine for me.

Mr. Nerfect
07-11-2015, 09:06 PM
The Usos are pretty much the only Mania tag match material though, so there has to be some leeway.

Hmm, true, although I'm sure more teams will pop up. I'd argue that Harper & Rowan are credible enough to be considered for the spot. And The New Day are pretty much guaranteed to be on the main shows these days.

Lock Jaw
07-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Oh yeah, Harper/Rowan could definitely be Mania match material.... They have had some "classic"/"good" matches with The Usos already....

Mr. Nerfect
07-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking they could get a Mania opener spot or something.

Evil Vito
07-11-2015, 10:04 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Hopefully Harper and Rowan stay as a team once Rowan recovers from his injury over the next few months. I imagine Harper will flounder as a solo act in the midcard until then (he shouldn't flounder, but I don't trust WWE to do much of substance with him).</font>

Mr. Nerfect
07-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Harper could very easily be Seth Rollins's next insurance policy.

#1-norm-fan
07-12-2015, 12:03 AM

God is an awful booker. Makes me think wrestling heaven is not the awesome promotion we all assume it is.

DAMN iNATOR
07-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Wish we knew of any vague SSlam '15 plans...

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Watching RAW makes me think that Seth Rollins vs. Triple H or Seth Rollins vs. Kane is a go. OK.

Jazzy Foot
07-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Several people here having a pop at me for suggesting an Undertaker v Lesnar rematch for WM32 yet according to the news stories, WWE is seriously considering this as a possibility.

Doesn't look so stupid now does it?

ron the dial
07-17-2015, 11:16 AM
still looks stupid

Rammsteinmad
07-17-2015, 11:16 AM
Really sick of these yearly "Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent" reports. Mad respect to the Undertaker, but it's fucking over. Move on and let other people shine. I have no interest in seeing Undertaker vs Lesnar again, and there's nobody on the roster at "that level" that looks like a viable threat to the non-streak anyway.

I also have no interest in Rollin's vs. Triple H. Same thing as 'Taker. Triple H hasn't been a full-time active roster member for about four years now, yet always seems to find himself in storylines where he's called to in-ring action at Wrestlemania. Same shit every year.

Shisen Kopf
07-17-2015, 11:20 AM
Biker Taker is undefeated at Rasslemania. Just sayin'.

Big Vic
07-17-2015, 11:23 AM
So is Surfer Sting.

#1-norm-fan
07-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Several people here having a pop at me for suggesting an Undertaker v Lesnar rematch for WM32 yet according to the news stories, WWE is seriously considering this as a possibility.

Doesn't look so stupid now does it?

still looks stupid

Incredibly stupid.

Jazzy Foot
07-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Really sick of these yearly "Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent" reports. Mad respect to the Undertaker, but it's fucking over. Move on and let other people shine. I have no interest in seeing Undertaker vs Lesnar again, and there's nobody on the roster at "that level" that looks like a viable threat to the non-streak anyway.

I also have no interest in Rollin's vs. Triple H. Same thing as 'Taker. Triple H hasn't been a full-time active roster member for about four years now, yet always seems to find himself in storylines where he's called to in-ring action at Wrestlemania. Same shit every year.

Well WWE need to stimulate interest and the best way to do it is send out rumours.

People say it sounds stupid but reading the reports and alleged thoughts of WWE creative it appears there are similarities in my line of thought; Undertaker never actually addressed his loss to Brock Lesnar and both he and Heyman have been ridiculing him at times since WM 30 culminating no with turning attention to Kane.

If Undertaker is really only one more match away from retirement then send him out with a bang and either avenge that defeat to Lesnar or lose again.

Don't throw someone "new" or a rising star into the mix again. Wyatt has nosedived in importance since that loss and in fact was already nosediving since the Cena loss at WM 30. Wyatt's only "significant" moment in recent times was when he eliminated Bryan from the RR.

I also suggested Undertaker v Sting at a PPV other than WM as I suspect neither men would want a loss at WM 32. Summer Slam would be great but I think the Survivor Series would be better, build it up for months etc.

Also Survivor Series is where both stars made their debuts so would hold that significance as it were.

Undertaker v Brock Lesnar WM 32 seems to be the way.

Big Vic
07-17-2015, 12:24 PM
People say it sounds stupid but reading the reports and alleged thoughts of WWE creative it appears there are similarities in my line of thought;
so this is why the product is quite bad... hmmm...

Jazzy Foot
07-17-2015, 01:11 PM
so this is why the product is quite bad... hmmm...

Would probably be much better if I had full creative control.

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2015, 11:19 PM
If they ever want to do Taker vs. Sting, do it on its own Network special and base it entirely around their careers or something. No need to clog-up WrestleMania with that booking nightmare. If Taker vs. Lesnar Modern II is going to happen, then SummerSlam is probably the best bet.

The CyNick
07-18-2015, 10:55 PM
Just doesn't make sense to build up Lesnar for two years just to lose to Taker.

The only logic I can come up with is if Lesnar was champ coming into Mania, and you had Taker challenge him, people would think Taker would win and retire, but you just have Lesnar destroy him. However, with Lesnar as a face now, that booking doesn't work.

Depending where they go with Owens, I could see him as a logical opponent for Taker, but again, I feel like he should go over. Owens should be being built up to headline.

Cena could lose to Taker and not get hurt by it. Sting would make some sense. I hate the idea of Kane, because it would be God awful. Rollins could be alright.

DAMN iNATOR
07-18-2015, 11:29 PM
Simple solution: Have 'Taker show up at Battleground, he tombstones Lesnar, pulls Rollins over him, gets the ref to come to in time to make the 3 count. The next night on RAW, 'Taker solidifies his heel turn with a badass promo saying that he didn't care when Noble and Mercury were taken out by Brock, but when he attacked and injured his brother, Kane he got pissed and asked Steph and Triple H to allow him to join on with The Authority as a replacement bodyguard and protector of Rollins. They agreed, and so now, almost 1 1/2 years later he's back, not just to protect the champ, but to rip him apart and end his career not just for what happened in WM XXX, but also for daring to assault Kane.

Savio
07-19-2015, 12:28 AM
Why would Taker want to protect Seth when Seth attacked Kane as well?

DAMN iNATOR
07-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Realization that Seth only attacked him in the heat of the moment, and besides they made up anyway.

Heyman
07-19-2015, 09:32 AM
Here's what I'd do even though this has zero chance of happening:

Main-event: Cesaro vs. Lesnar

Taker's last match: Undertaker vs. John Cena

Tag match: Triple H/Stephanie vs. The Rock/Ronda

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyman
07-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Harper could very easily be Seth Rollins's next insurance policy.

I like this idea a lot.

You know what I think would be cool actually? If at some point in the future, Rollins brought on Harper, and then eventually brought in Rowan as well. Harper and Rowan would be Rollins' new henchmen. Get rid of JJ Security, and everyone else.

Somewhere down the road, you have Ambrose, Reigns, and a newly created face in Bray Wyatt going up against Rollins, Harper, and Rowan.

Blonde Moment
07-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Have the Ut interfere by taking out Rollins after a pedigree on Lesnar costing Lesnar the match leaving a pissed off Lesnar in the ring. Monday rolls around and Heyman is out alone talking about how the Taker broke the 11th commandment and how that wasn't too bright considering the beating he took the last time. HAve the Taker appear on the tron talkign about how it wasn't person just taking care of family business and he ain't done yet. After that have Lesnar jumping through hoops to get a rematch while also chasing after the Understaker leading to a triple threat at SumerSlam. After that I get a little lost..

WM32
Cena/Reigns for US title
Owens/Lesnar for WWE World Heavyweight Title
Rollins/Taker
Cesaro/Ambrose WWE Intercontinental Title
HHH/Sting II - Maybe have Taker cost Sting the match out of frustration over losing to Rollins in a close one due to something or other
Barrett/RTruth Sceptre on a pole match with winner becoming the "undisputed" king of the WWE
Stephanie and the Bellas/Ronda Rousey, Charlotte and Paige
Finn Balor/Joe for the NXT title

Mr. Nerfect
07-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Holy shit, The CyNick appeared...

Mr. Nerfect
07-21-2015, 07:39 PM
I like this idea a lot.

You know what I think would be cool actually? If at some point in the future, Rollins brought on Harper, and then eventually brought in Rowan as well. Harper and Rowan would be Rollins' new henchmen. Get rid of JJ Security, and everyone else.

Somewhere down the road, you have Ambrose, Reigns, and a newly created face in Bray Wyatt going up against Rollins, Harper, and Rowan.

I like the idea of Bray Wyatt turning face to try and reclaim his family.

Heyman
07-22-2015, 11:05 PM
The only guys that should beat Lesnar cleanly at this point are

1) Ryback - really not ideal for me, but the way the WWE are pushing him, he might be the best guy to do this at Wrestlemania next year (and it truly saddens me to say that).

2) Cesaro - if built up properly......but I don't think this will happen any time soon. I still have hopes for somewhere down the road, but who knows.

3) Seth Rollins - this would be my #1 choice. A heel Seth Rollins cleanly and convincingly going over Lesnar at Wrestlemania. While Rollins would have to deviate from being a chicken shit heel to an 'honorable heel' (if you want to call it that) at Wrestlemania, this might be the best way to go.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ambrose turning into that guy, but the WWE don't see him in that light.

#1-norm-fan
07-23-2015, 03:36 AM
The guy who beats Lesnar should be "face of the company" material. Neither Cesaro or Rollins is that guy.

As much as I love Ryback, I'm not sure they can successfully salvage him and realistically get him back to that level he was at when he was first getting hot.

Whoever it is, they need to start methodically booking them on an upward climb now and have it happen at WrestleMania.

Big Vic
07-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Yeah sad thing is, is nobody is ready.

Blonde Moment
07-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Yeah sad thing is, is nobody is ready.

I think Cena and Orton need to get injured at the same time for 2-3 months and force the issue. The have the talent, they do not have the faith or competent bookers ....

Heyman
07-23-2015, 03:33 PM
The guy who beats Lesnar should be "face of the company" material. Neither Cesaro or Rollins is that guy.

As much as I love Ryback, I'm not sure they can successfully salvage him and realistically get him back to that level he was at when he was first getting hot.

Whoever it is, they need to start methodically booking them on an upward climb now and have it happen at WrestleMania.

So if it's not Cesaro, Rollins, or Ryback, then who is that guy?

The WWE wanted it to be Reigns, but he was too green.

Daniel Bryan's career is in serious jeopardy and so he's likely out.

WWE's best bet might be to re-push Randy Orton for the umpteenth time.....as erroneous as that may be. The WWE can play it off as 'after all these years', Orton is finally starting to realize the potential that Triple H initially saw in him.

Big Vic
07-23-2015, 03:37 PM
Thing about Orton is I don't think HHH will ever have him look better than he is.

Heyman
07-23-2015, 03:55 PM
It's a shame as well. The WWE had two golden opportunities to really make something out of Orton and failed both times:

1) Orton's premature face turn after Summerslam 2004. WWE should have pushed Orton as a 'cool heel' as they did with The Rock in 98/99 (i.e. a heel that gets massively cheered by the fans). Evolution should have kicked HHH out of the group, and Orton should have been the new leader..........with Batista going over heel Orton at Wrestlemania 21.

2) That one Wrestlemania where Orton fought Hunter - no way Hunter should have gone over. Orton, with Legacy, should have easily beaten The Game. The week before Wrestlemania, Orton should have been able to kick Stephanie in the head to add to his massive heeldom. Legacy was way the fuck over during this time period and it got squashed.

DAMN iNATOR
07-24-2015, 03:31 AM
It's a shame as well. The WWE had two golden opportunities to really make something out of Orton and failed both times:

1) Orton's premature face turn after Summerslam 2004. WWE should have pushed Orton as a 'cool heel' as they did with The Rock in 98/99 (i.e. a heel that gets massively cheered by the fans). Evolution should have kicked HHH out of the group, and Orton should have been the new leader..........with Batista going over heel Orton at Wrestlemania 21.

2) That one Wrestlemania where Orton fought Hunter - no way Hunter should have gone over. Orton, with Legacy, should have easily beaten The Game. The week before Wrestlemania, Orton should have been able to kick Stephanie in the head to add to his massive heeldom. Legacy was way the fuck over during this time period and it got squashed.

I agree on the second instance for sure. They fought @ WM 25, and the damn WWE Championship was on the line! Orton definitely deserved to be pushed.

Speaking of Legacy, anyone else remember the joke that was Manu? LOL

#1-norm-fan
07-24-2015, 04:23 AM

The WWE wanted it to be Reigns, but he was too green.

Daniel Bryan's career is in serious jeopardy and so he's likely out.

WWE's best bet might be to re-push Randy Orton for the umpteenth time.....as erroneous as that may be. The WWE can play it off as 'after all these years', Orton is finally starting to realize the potential that Triple H initially saw in him.

Orton actually is probably the best option but they should have rolled with it years ago. I think he's too far into his career to be "the future".

There are one or two guys on the lower rung who have the look, the size, the mic skills, the charisma and the in-ring skills to be the face of the company. They're miles away from that level though. They'd have to change their character up, push them out of nowhere and go all in with the push without the start-stop bullshit.

... Of course, I'm referring to Johnny Curtis. The one man WWE has dropped the ball with worse than Ryback.

slik
07-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Ambrose was soooo over and a perfect main-event protagonist...they have no idea what to do with him now though.

Shadrick
07-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Orton actually is probably the best option but they should have rolled with it years ago. I think he's too far into his career to be "the future".

There are one or two guys on the lower rung who have the look, the size, the mic skills, the charisma and the in-ring skills to be the face of the company. They're miles away from that level though. They'd have to change their character up, push them out of nowhere and go all in with the push without the start-stop bullshit.

... Of course, I'm referring to Johnny Curtis. The one man WWE has dropped the ball with worse than Ryback.

Every time you mention Johnny Curtis or Ryback, I want to give you a manly embrace and tell you I feel your pain.

Corndad
07-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Gonna go out on the limb and say Hogan doesn't have a retirement match at Mania lol

Simple Fan
07-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Only if he jobs to New Day.

DaveWadding
07-25-2015, 09:54 PM

Kevin Owens.

Heyman
07-26-2015, 06:00 PM
I don't know if there's any plans for Triple H/Rock at this year's Mania, but if not, then I think Bray Wyatt going over Triple H would be a good thing.

Would be interesting if later this year, the Wyatt family did shit to Stephanie (i.e. capture her, etc.) which incurred the wrath of Hunter.

Could be an interesting yet effective way to get Bray to that next level.

The following few matches aren't realistic, and likely won't happen, but here goes:

WWE title: Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar. As par my earlier suggestion, Ambrose gets built up big time and goes up against the champ Brock Lesnar. If the WWE doesn't want Ambrose in this spot, then spend this next half-year rebuilding Orton as a face.

WWE match: Bray Wyatt vs. Triple H

Undertaker's last ever match: Undertaker vs. John Cena

WWE match: Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns. Add Dean Ambrose if he's not in the main-event.

Mr. Nerfect
07-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Finn Balor is being presented as *that* guy. Next year might be too early, but I see him wrestling and beating Cena at Mania in the coming years. Since they've still got the Shield Triple Threat in their back pocket, they could probably have Balor shockingly win the Royal Rumble and give him a surreal push heading into Mania.

He may not be "Face of the Company" material, but Cesaro's face turn has been working. I can actually see him as a #2 or #3 face -- maybe someone more like Batista or Sheamus.

Dean Ambrose works when he is pushed, but meanders when he's not focused on. I think he'll find more urgent success as a heel, in which case, Seth Rollins will make a good protagonist to go against him. Heel Ambrose and Face Rollins could make some money together.

Lock Jaw
07-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Finn Balor will never be *that* guy. He can certainly be maybe one of the top stars on the roster, but he will never be *that* guy....

I am assuming by "*that* guy" you mean like what John Cena is. If you mean something else, then, yeah, maybe.

Mr. Nerfect
07-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Uhaa Nation will get a super-push, in my opinion.

#1-norm-fan
07-26-2015, 10:54 PM
Uhaa Nation should get a nice push. He's pretty incredible. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem very good on the mic.

Heyman
07-27-2015, 12:44 AM

Definitely agree. However - I wouldn't want to put the strap on Orton as a way of pegging him as "the future." At this stage in the game, Orton is way too 'saturated' for that. I want Orton to be champ so that he can carry the company afloat while the WWE tries to find their "next John Cena" (whether that comes in the form of a new-and-improved Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, etc.). My 'vision' is that maybe you have a guy like Orton be the 'top face' for the company in 2016, and then have someone like Reigns, or Owens eventually take top billing in 2017 after Mania'.

As far as guys like Johnny Curtis goes, I hope the WWE learned their lesson (i.e. do NOT bring up NXT talent to the "big leagues" unless you have a clear cut vision of how you are going to push said character. Don't come up with dumb shit! REALLY take the time to think about the character).

Mr. Nerfect
07-27-2015, 09:47 AM
I think Fandango had some legs. Sincerely. The way he goaded Chris Jericho into that WrestleMania 29 match could have actually been revealed to have been manipulative genius. He could have been a peacock gimmick that lulled his opponents into a false sense of security and struck like a cobra. I didn't really mind Jericho getting his win back at Extreme Rules -- he would have smartened up to what a freak athlete Fandango is and better prepared -- then the onus would have been on Fandango to get better. But I would have preferred it if they had some sort of "Ballroom Brawl" and Fandango got the clean win over Jericho. Then make that "his" match. If Fandango has a serious issue with you, then it's a Ballroom Brawl at the PPV.

It looked like he was primed to win the Intercontinental Title too, but then he got concussed and his momentum never really got back on track. The goofiness became more sincere than an ironic act to fool his adversaries. As a face, I don't know how all of these facets of his personality actually connect for the purposes of damage control. It might just be easier to "evolve" the gimmick and take it somewhere new. I'd honestly be intrigued to see what Triple H and co. would do with Fandango in NXT. Things are more "wrestling" down there, so he might get a more purposeful personality to play with.

Why not have Dolph Ziggler beat Rusev at SummerSlam, and then have Rusev -- being the misogynist prick that he is -- insult Summer Rae on RAW the next night and blame everything on her. Fandango can then make the save and those two (who actually did have chemistry) reunite; and Fandango can play plucky hero against the Bulgarian Brute?

Mr. Nerfect
07-27-2015, 09:53 AM
I get what ya'll saying about Orton. And I do love face Orton. But I dunno why -- it doesn't feel right to push him ahead of everybody right now. I think he is still serious money and should always be involved in a program -- especially given how white-hot his issues with The Authority should be -- but I'm just not digging the idea of making him "the guy" for the time being. I'd rather Cena did it, to be honest.

I'd have Orton position himself for another shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Title, but The Authority bluntly tell him "no." There's no way Randy Orton is ever getting a shot at a 13th World Title unless he kowtows to them and re-joins. Orton very quickly tells them they can get screwed, and he'll just RKO bitches until it cannot be denied he is still the Apex Predator, so The Authority essentially puts a hit out on Orton's head.

Maybe Barrett takes a swing, and then Kevin Owens makes a case for himself. Bouncing off the losses to John Cena, he needs a way to prove he is still next in line for greatness on the main roster. KO vs. RKO. The handsome "Face" of WWE, versus the guy who claims to be anti-corporate and wears baggy gear.

This all builds to Orton entering the Royal Rumble, as if he wins, Triple H cannot deny him a spot in the title match at WrestleMania. Then someone like Bray Wyatt makes a specific target out of Orton, and they feud heading into WrestleMania -- where Orton finds it harder to make allies since he's basically RKO'd or punted half the roster and their loved ones in the past.