PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania 32 - Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar - What kind of gimmick match will it be?

slik
08-24-2015, 04:20 PM
do you think Undertaker/Brock III will be some type of gimmick match? Hell in a Cell possibly?

Disqus.

Droford
08-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Brock Taker if Taker wins he gets to bury Heyman in cement like he did Paul Bearer

slik
08-24-2015, 04:38 PM
sadistic @Droford

...i like it.

Sixx
08-24-2015, 04:38 PM
I wish it doesn't happen. There's really no point having Taker at Mania again.

Simple Fan
08-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Could see a casket match if its Takers last match. Have him loose and get carried out in the casket and then when it gets to the top of the ramp have Takers fist bust through it for one last goodbye.

Sixx
08-24-2015, 04:41 PM
If it has to happen, I hope it's a Judy Bagwell on a pole match.

Droford
08-24-2015, 04:41 PM
They should up the ante and make it a cremation match where the winner shoves their opponent in the oven

Heyman
08-24-2015, 05:31 PM
do you think Undertaker/Brock III will be some type of gimmick match? Hell in a Cell possibly?

Disqus.

I don't think it will be a gimmick match, but I do think it will be Taker's last match.....with Lesnar going over clean.

Jura
08-24-2015, 05:36 PM
Inter-gender Tag Team Match

Team Cool Taker

http://www.geeksandcleats.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/taker.jpg

vs

Team Jimmy John's
http://www.pwmania.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/brocklesnar-sable.jpg

Jura
08-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Heisentaker

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-24-2015, 05:43 PM
The way that Taker collapsed afterwards. I don't know. I'd like to see an MMA rules match.

Sixx
08-24-2015, 05:44 PM
The way that Taker collapsed afterwards. I don't know. I'd like to see an MMA rules match.

The way he collapsed makes you think that'd be a good idea?

DAMN iNATOR
08-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Biker 'Taker v. Surfer Brock only. :shifty:

The CyNick
08-24-2015, 06:46 PM
A third match at Mania serves no purpose in my view. Brock should be fuming demanding a rematch at the next PPV. How do you hold it off till Mania? Do you say Taker was crippled in that match, and then he takes 6 months to recoup?

Based on the finish, I was assuming they were going with a rubber match at Hell in a Cell.

I dunno, they screwed up the booking IMO, there's no good that come of it long term.

Emperor Smeat
08-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Retirement match or Buried Alive. If its Buried Alive this needs to happen:

Or a Buried Alive match where Brock wins. Taker tries the post-match spot where his hand pops out of the grave and Brock smacks it back in saying "nope you stay dead."

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-24-2015, 06:51 PM
The way he collapsed makes you think that'd be a good idea?

Well they don't do German suplexes much in MMA that much. It could be just pulled punches and ground submissions that can be faked easily.

If he's healthy enough for a match I mean. It would be a quicker match with rounds too.

road doggy dogg
08-24-2015, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty good with not seeing Undertaker wrestle ever again, unfortunately there's a 0% chance that that was his last match. Hopefully it's not a headlining match at least

Heyman
08-24-2015, 07:10 PM
A third match at Mania serves no purpose in my view. Brock should be fuming demanding a rematch at the next PPV. How do you hold it off till Mania? Do you say Taker was crippled in that match, and then he takes 6 months to recoup?

Based on the finish, I was assuming they were going with a rubber match at Hell in a Cell.

I dunno, they screwed up the booking IMO, there's no good that come of it long term.

I disagree with this.

1) Taker gets another Wrestlemania match in his home state of Texas in front of his fans. Given all that he has done for this business, he deserves one final send off.

2) Lesnar adds another notch to his belt by being the guy to retire Undertaker.

3) You get another potential Flair/HBK - Taker/HBK "Wrestlemania moment," along with what would likely be a Rick Flair-like retirement for Undertaker the next night on RAW.

4) This is the most important piece - it gives Roman Reigns another year to really strengthen and solidify his character so that he truly is worthy of defeating Lesnar cleanly at Wrestlemania 2017.

road doggy dogg
08-24-2015, 07:15 PM
I'm so sick of the "SPECTACLE OF THE UNDERTAKER"

the past 6 years have felt like an extended send-off ffs

Sixx
08-24-2015, 07:19 PM
He should retire before the injuries render him unable to fuck McCool.

A man's gotta have priorities.

Heyman
08-24-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm so sick of the "SPECTACLE OF THE UNDERTAKER"

the past 6 years have felt like an extended send-off ffs

Maybe, but the marks have eaten it up for the most part. Taker's two matches with HBK and Triple H respectively created huge interest. Even Taker losing to Lesnar at Wrestlemania 2014 was huge, and helped Lesnar regain his credibility.

I'll admit that Taker's wins/feuds over CM Punk and Bray Wyatt were wastes, but the WWE is simply paying respects to a guy that has been a leader in the lockerroom for over two decades, and helped keep the company afloat during the mid 90's.

Lesnar retiring Taker at next year's Wrestlemania will be an epic moment, and should rival Ric Flair's retirement (both the match and the next night on RAW). More importantly however - it will keep Reigns and Lesnar apart for another, so that it gives Reigns more time to develop and mature as a wrestler so that when Reigns does go over Lesnar at Wrestlemania 2017, he should be ready to be "the guy."

Sixx
08-24-2015, 07:29 PM
Did beating Taker at WM really do something for Lesnar?

He was alreayd a powerhouse, being a former UFC champion and wiping the floor with Cena like noone ever did before. His win against Taker didn't do much for me.

Then again I know some people consider that an epic moment and whatnot, but it's just meh to me. Taker should've retired before that, after his win against Triple H or HBK maybe. Ending Taker's streak when the guy's like 50 doesn't seem THAT impressive.

Heyman
08-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Did beating Taker at WM really do something for Lesnar?

He was alreayd a powerhouse, being a former UFC champion and wiping the floor with Cena like noone ever did before. His win against Taker didn't do much for me.

Then again I know some people consider that an epic moment and whatnot, but it's just meh to me. Taker should've retired before that, after his win against Triple H or HBK maybe. Ending Taker's streak when the guy's like 50 doesn't seem THAT impressive.

I think it did. It created a huge Wrestlemania moment for the WWE, and helped re-establish Lesnar.

After Lesnar swallowed the semen of both Overeem and Valasquez, the WWE had to rebuild Lesnar the right way. Hence - why they didn't give him the monster push when he initially came back here. They had to do things in such a way the implied that Lesnar had been sick for a number of years and only in 2014, was at 100% health again (and was basically the same UFC monster that he was between 2007-2009).

I think it works out tremendously that Taker's last match will be in Houston Texas, as it will give the WWE another Ric Flair type situation.

Sixx
08-24-2015, 07:54 PM
I think it did. It created a huge Wrestlemania moment for the WWE, and helped re-establish Lesnar.

After Lesnar swallowed the semen of both Overeem and Valasquez, the WWE had to rebuild Lesnar the right way. Hence - why they didn't give him the monster push when he initially came back here. They had to do things in such a way the implied that Lesnar had been sick for a number of years and only in 2014, was at 100% health again (and was basically the same UFC monster that he was between 2007-2009).

I think it works out tremendously that Taker's last match will be in Houston Texas, as it will give the WWE another Ric Flair type situation.

Didn't Flair retire in Florida?

That's the American way.

Rammsteinmad
08-24-2015, 08:06 PM
Hasn't every Undertaker match over the last five years been followed immediately by reports of his health/him collapsing etc?

Pretty sure if Undertaker does have another match at Wrestlemania 32, it really should be his last fucking one.

slik
08-25-2015, 03:43 PM
not really any better place for a last match for Taker than his home state of Texas in front of 100k plus fans.

The CyNick
08-25-2015, 07:07 PM
I disagree with this.

1) Taker gets another Wrestlemania match in his home state of Texas in front of his fans. Given all that he has done for this business, he deserves one final send off.

2) Lesnar adds another notch to his belt by being the guy to retire Undertaker.

3) You get another potential Flair/HBK - Taker/HBK "Wrestlemania moment," along with what would likely be a Rick Flair-like retirement for Undertaker the next night on RAW.

4) This is the most important piece - it gives Roman Reigns another year to really strengthen and solidify his character so that he truly is worthy of defeating Lesnar cleanly at Wrestlemania 2017.

Taker should definitely get a HUGE sendoff when he finally decides to hang them up, and sure Mania in Texas seems like an ideal place.

However, based on the booking, I'm not sure this is how you want Taker to go out. Basically the story is, he cant beat Brock fairly, so he's resorted to taking advantage of ref mistakes and using low blows. Not exactly the Phenom we all remember and love.

Mr. Nerfect
08-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Not too keen on another Brock vs. Taker match. SummerSlam should have been their last one.

Sixx
08-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Not too keen on another Brock vs. Taker match. SummerSlam should have been their last one.

Their WM match should've been Taker's last one, imo.

Shisen Kopf
08-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Biker Taker vs Hiker Brock. Yes he will have a hiking in the mountains gimmick before xmas just you watch.

Maluco
08-25-2015, 08:37 PM
If this is takers way of putting Brock over in a feud on his way out, then I wouldn't begrudge him his final Mania.

Do a Casket match, and when Brock wins and locks it up, do the whole thunder/lightening spectacle, run a video of the victims, do some magic, effects and the like and have him disappear. Finally put away by the one man who he couldn't beat on "his" stage

Heyman
08-26-2015, 04:05 AM

The problem with having Brock/Taker before Mania (where Brock would likely destroy Taker), or having Brock destroy Taker at Summerslam, is the fact that Taker will be getting one last match at Wrestlemania in his home state. Given that fact, it's just a major buzzkill if Taker heads into Wrestlemania after having been made a bitch of by Taker. You then.....

A) Have Taker fight a high profile opponent where Taker either wins (and hence - making said high profile opponent look bad since Brock destroyed Taker while said high profile opponent jobbed), OR this high profile opponent defeats Taker, and hence, makes Taker look even more like a bitch in his retirement match (not only that, but Taker ends his career on consecutive losses, and now jobs to two different opponents at Wrestlemania.....which further takes away from Taker's legacy, and also slightly tarnishes Brock's accomplishment in being the only guy to defeat Taker at Mania).

B) The other option at Mania (where Lesnar destroys Taker sometime before Mania), is that you put Taker into a feud with some mid-card guy (i.e. a guy on Bray Wyatt's level) which takes away the significance and importance of Taker's last match in the WWE. And again - if Taker wins, it does nothing since all he did was bury an upcoming talent, and if he loses, then Taker's career really ends on a sour note because he will have jobbed consecutively to two different men. Given how much Taker has given to the company over the past two decades, this would be disrespectful to Undertaker.

Hence - Lesnar going over Taker at Wrestlemania, and retiring Taker, is by far the best option.

Jordan
08-26-2015, 04:44 AM
I think due to the finish we have Austin be the ref to ensure no bull shit goes down.

dronepool
08-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Texas motherfucking Deathmatch.

CSL
08-26-2015, 06:23 PM
it doesn't need a gimmick, it's Undertaker and Brock, 2 of the only legit attractions in pro wrestling. The match will sell itself.

The CyNick
08-26-2015, 07:06 PM
The problem with having Brock/Taker before Mania (where Brock would likely destroy Taker), or having Brock destroy Taker at Summerslam, is the fact that Taker will be getting one last match at Wrestlemania in his home state. Given that fact, it's just a major buzzkill if Taker heads into Wrestlemania after having been made a bitch of by Taker. You then.....

A) Have Taker fight a high profile opponent where Taker either wins (and hence - making said high profile opponent look bad since Brock destroyed Taker while said high profile opponent jobbed), OR this high profile opponent defeats Taker, and hence, makes Taker look even more like a bitch in his retirement match (not only that, but Taker ends his career on consecutive losses, and now jobs to two different opponents at Wrestlemania.....which further takes away from Taker's legacy, and also slightly tarnishes Brock's accomplishment in being the only guy to defeat Taker at Mania).

B) The other option at Mania (where Lesnar destroys Taker sometime before Mania), is that you put Taker into a feud with some mid-card guy (i.e. a guy on Bray Wyatt's level) which takes away the significance and importance of Taker's last match in the WWE. And again - if Taker wins, it does nothing since all he did was bury an upcoming talent, and if he loses, then Taker's career really ends on a sour note because he will have jobbed consecutively to two different men. Given how much Taker has given to the company over the past two decades, this would be disrespectful to Undertaker.

Hence - Lesnar going over Taker at Wrestlemania, and retiring Taker, is by far the best option.

It could be where they are going, but the booking doesnt work for me. If you look at Monday's TV, Brock did the right thing, he's pissed about getting screwed and wants another fight with Taker. In storyline Taker is either being a pussy and running from Brock or he's hurt from the fight at Summerslam.

It would be pretty illogical to say Taker was so hurt at Summerslam that he cant wrestle again until Mania. So they pretty much have to go the route that Taker has all of a sudden turned into a bitch who has to use low blows and take advantage of ref mistakes to win, and then hides for 6 months.

I also dont get how Brock entices Taker back into the ring. Maybe they try to tell the story that Taker will only fight Brock again if its at Mania, so he can erase what happened in New Orleans. So, fine, they could do that, but still makes Taker look like a bitch for ducking Brock between now and then.

Then when you get to Mania, you basically have a now heel Undertaker going into his home state to have the rubber match with Brock. You either have Taker get beat again, which seems like a major retread, and a sour way for him to out (as a heel with Brock getting retribution). Or you just have him win the series and in turn bury Brock as any sort of "beast". They could possibly sell Taker as the heel going in, he has a chance in the match to cheat to win, passes up on it, and in turn loses. Then just shakes Brock hand, and walks off into the sunset. I guess that could work, but seems like a tough sell for Taker at Mania in Texas.

To me you almost have to have Brock get his payback sooner than later, Taker admits Brock is the better man, feigns like he's going to retire. Someone else comes to get heat on him, and those guys fight at Mania. Leaving Brock for bigger and better things.

CSL
08-26-2015, 07:27 PM
overcomplicated, the whole thing has already booked itself, no need for heel turns, nobody is going to think of Taker as a pussy or that he's hiding etc

Heyman
08-26-2015, 08:23 PM
It could be where they are going, but the booking doesnt work for me. If you look at Monday's TV, Brock did the right thing, he's pissed about getting screwed and wants another fight with Taker. In storyline Taker is either being a pussy and running from Brock or he's hurt from the fight at Summerslam.

It was explained on RAW that Undertaker collapsed backstage after the match.

I also dont get how Brock entices Taker back into the ring. Maybe they try to tell the story that Taker will only fight Brock again if its at Mania, so he can erase what happened in New Orleans.

Probably the most likely scenario, or some similar variation to that. Perhaps Lesnar challenges Taker, but Taker says that he wants revenge against Lesnar at Mania.' Lesnar agrees to it, but only if the stipulation is that Taker retires if he losses so that he doesn't interfere in any of Brock's future matches against future opponents.

So, fine, they could do that, but still makes Taker look like a bitch for ducking Brock between now and then.

Then when you get to Mania, you basically have a now heel Undertaker going into his home state to have the rubber match with Brock.

Even if Taker is coming across as a bit of a pussy, there's no way in hell he'll get booed in his home state of Texas.

To me you almost have to have Brock get his payback sooner than later, Taker admits Brock is the better man, feigns like he's going to retire. Someone else comes to get heat on him, and those guys fight at Mania. Leaving Brock for bigger and better things.

The problem with this scenario, is that there's no one worthy enough to really fight Brock right now other than Cena, Reigns, Rollins, The Rock, and Undertaker. Reigns/Lesnar was just done last year, as was Rollins/Lesnar. Cena/Lesnar has also been done a few times already, while Rock will likely be involved with Hunter/Steph/Ronda Rousey if he returns.

As far as Taker goes, he needs to be in a high profile match if it truly is his swan song at Mania'. Having Taker job to Brock pre-Mania, and then having Taker go up against some mid-card guy at Mania is simply too much of a buzzkill, and leads to a negative outcome either way (i.e. Taker either squashing a mid-carder, or Taker jobbing to two different wrestlers before retiring).

Taker vs. Brock at Mania is quite easily the best route to take. Lesnar officially retires Taker at Mania', and becomes known as the *only* guy to have beaten Taker at Mania', while also being the guy to officially take over "Taker's yard."

Lesnar, with all this credibility, will make Reigns/Rollins look like a million bucks at Wrestlemania 2017 when one of those guys goes over Brock cleanly.

The CyNick
08-27-2015, 07:05 PM
The problem I have is most of these scenarios have Taker being booked like a babyface. The reality of the booking they are going with based on what we've seen on TV is Taker is a heel. Costing a guy a title match who previously beat him clean, getting away with a tap behind the refs back, using low blows, ducking the rematch.

Look at what we've seen people come back from, are we really supposed to believe that Taker got this mysterious injury from one match in 6 months? And he needs ANOTHER 6 months before he can fight again? Clearly the fact that Taker wasn't on TV this past Monday shows that they are keeping him off TV and will be ducking Brock for the forseeable future. Thats a heel tactic. But he's a heel where the payoff is in a place he'll likely be a babyface (although I have a feeling the crowd will turn on him in Texas).

And if they are saying that Taker is so broken down that he cant wrestle for 6 months, well why cant this "BEAST" beat a man so broken down in 30 seconds or less? Why is he going toe to toe with him? At least before the gimmick was, Taker just works at Mania, a new challenger steps up every year, Taker answers the bell, and goes home. But this booking is different. He started a beef, that he is now backing down from.

Like I said, I think when you peel back the booking of the two characters, none of this is helping either guy. Brock should be being built up as the uncrowned champion, who is looking to get his belt back that he never really lost. Taker created a roadblock for him, but that should be dealt with in the coming months so they can build to Mania.

Heyman
08-27-2015, 07:19 PM
I think a lot of the points you raised will be addressed in the coming weeks (i.e. Why Taker wasn't on TV last week, and why Taker will challenge Lesnar at Wrestlemania). They will play up on the fact that Taker wants his Wrestlemania revenge, as opposed to ducking Lesnar.

And no - I'll have to strongly disagree with you on the assertion that Taker will get booed in Texas. If the fans know coming into it that this could be Undertaker's last match (i.e. retirement stipulation a la HBK/Flair), then there's no way the Texas crowd will turn on him.

As far as Brock goes, I actually like the fact that he won't be involved in a title match at Mania' as it keeps him away from Reigns and Rollins (i.e. two guys that he's fought over the past year).

I like Brock being kept away from Reigns/Rollins right now, as it

1) Allows Brock to continue his winning ways while making his inevitable job in the future that much more meaningful.

2) Allows one of Reigns or Rollins to win at Mania', which then sets up a match with Lesnar again down the road when the feud would be fresh again.

2) Prevents Lesnar from having to job at this year's Mania. I am in favor of not having Brock job until atleast 2017. That way, you continue to keep Brock dominant, while you continue to build up both Reigns and Rollins. The 'appeal' of Brock right now is that he's almost unbeatable. If you job him to Reigns/Rollins too soon, then you still have all that time left on his contract where he doesn't appear to be 'invincible' anymore.

Mr. Nerfect
08-27-2015, 08:16 PM
I was all for the Brock/Taker SummerSlam match. It makes total sense for Taker to look for revenge against Lesnar. Well, if not "revenge" then certainly "retribution." He's the big dog and Brock taking the streak challenges that.

I wasn't a fan of the shenanigans at SummerSlam. I would have preferred Brock got the clean win and asserted himself as the dominant guy in WWE. Where you run into problems with this is that you have nothing keeping Brock from the WWE Title. They booked themselves into a corner with it. The best solution I could come up with was Brock beating Taker, and actually selling a bit of respect for him (remember that Brock does not respect anyone). Then you could have had a new Wyatt Family consisting of Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and either Roman Reigns or Dean Ambrose (depending on which one you want to turn heel) laying out both guys to set them up as the dominant heel force moving forward.

Now, I know many would not like that idea -- but the Brock is pissed so he is not going to be around thing makes him look like a bit of a diva. And I don't really feel the need to see Brock vs. Taker again, because I feel that Brock got the streak (arguably the biggest win you can get), and that Taker got to prove that this could still be his yard. I'm not really feeling the tension that these two have something real to fight over.

As I type this, I feel that maybe having the World Title involved would help things. But I think I'd rather just skip the whole match together and just have Taker lock up with someone else that could get a rub from being in a program with him, whilst Brock fights someone fresh and interesting that has long legs ahead of him so you could kind of buy them putting The Beast down. But that's just me and my subjective opinion.

I think the book should be closed on Brock vs. Taker. I think we're going into a fourth act here after a false climax.

slik
08-27-2015, 09:08 PM
wtf why didn't I make Tuxedo Match an option?

Corndad
08-27-2015, 10:02 PM
WM 32

Put Taker with Cena. Taker's Last Match.
Brock against a Returning Daniel Bryan.

Brock vs Taker at SS should have been it. I realize the way the ending was booked there kinda has to be another match, I just hope it isn't at Mania. Maybe Rumble?

DAMN iNATOR
08-27-2015, 10:17 PM
wtf why didn't I make Tuxedo Match an option?

Or Michelle McCool-on-a-pole match? It could happen.

Corkscrewed
08-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Why are we assuming WWE has to explain why Taker disappears the next six months? Since when have they addressed why Taker disappears for a year, or maintained heat continuously on matches booked a year in advance (re: Cena vs The Rock)?

They'll just pretend we're too dumb to question the lack of logic. ;)

The CyNick
08-28-2015, 08:20 AM
Why are we assuming WWE has to explain why Taker disappears the next six months? Since when have they addressed why Taker disappears for a year, or maintained heat continuously on matches booked a year in advance (re: Cena vs The Rock)?

They'll just pretend we're too dumb to question the lack of logic. ;)

With Taker I always looked at it like he's done everything, he's just there to defend the streak at Mania. So that's why he only showed up once a year.

The CyNick
08-28-2015, 06:51 PM
I think a lot of the points you raised will be addressed in the coming weeks (i.e. Why Taker wasn't on TV last week, and why Taker will challenge Lesnar at Wrestlemania). They will play up on the fact that Taker wants his Wrestlemania revenge, as opposed to ducking Lesnar.

And no - I'll have to strongly disagree with you on the assertion that Taker will get booed in Texas. If the fans know coming into it that this could be Undertaker's last match (i.e. retirement stipulation a la HBK/Flair), then there's no way the Texas crowd will turn on him.

As far as Brock goes, I actually like the fact that he won't be involved in a title match at Mania' as it keeps him away from Reigns and Rollins (i.e. two guys that he's fought over the past year).

I like Brock being kept away from Reigns/Rollins right now, as it

1) Allows Brock to continue his winning ways while making his inevitable job in the future that much more meaningful.

2) Allows one of Reigns or Rollins to win at Mania', which then sets up a match with Lesnar again down the road when the feud would be fresh again.

2) Prevents Lesnar from having to job at this year's Mania. I am in favor of not having Brock job until atleast 2017. That way, you continue to keep Brock dominant, while you continue to build up both Reigns and Rollins. The 'appeal' of Brock right now is that he's almost unbeatable. If you job him to Reigns/Rollins too soon, then you still have all that time left on his contract where he doesn't appear to be 'invincible' anymore.

But if all Taker wanted was another Mania match, why cost him the title at Battleground? Taker costing Lesnar the title match was a heel move to begin with. Taker using low blows are heel tactics. Taker tapping behind the refs back is a heel move. Its a heel move to say I wont fight you right here right now. Holding off till Mania is a heel move.

Plus I dont see what is gained from Brock going 2-1 against Taker. If Brock went 2-0 against Taker, sure I see a point in that. But to go 1-1 in their last two fights does Brock no good. And there's no continued winning ways. He hasn't won a big match since Royal Rumble 2015. Assuming he doesn't have another big fight till Survivor Series or Rumble, thats close to a year.

Brock SHOULD be in the main event of Mania winning the WWE title. Winning a rubber match against Taker is useless. No win vs Taker will be bigger than what happened at Mania 30. So what is gained?

Heyman
08-28-2015, 07:13 PM
But if all Taker wanted was another Mania match, why cost him the title at Battleground? Taker costing Lesnar the title match was a heel move to begin with. Taker using low blows are heel tactics. Taker tapping behind the refs back is a heel move. Its a heel move to say I wont fight you right here right now. Holding off till Mania is a heel move.

From a kayfabe perspective, it gets Lesnar pissed off and emotionally invested in wanting to destroy Taker (as opposed to Taker randomly calling out Lesnar via satellite sometime in January/February 2016, with Lesnar smiling and saying, "I already kicked your ass, I got nothing to prove to you buddy! :D"

As far as Taker challenging Brock at Mania goes, I'm not sure how the WWE will play it out. Maybe this coming Monday on RAW, Undertaker challenges Lesnar to Mania' and states himself that, "if I can't beat you at Mania', I will retire" (both Taker and Lesnar are in the ring). Heyman gets Lesnar to shake Taker's hand to agree to it. They do. Immediately after however, Lesnar "low blows" Taker (revenge for low-blow) and beats the living shit out of Taker. [perhaps this comes across as heelish to the fans, so that the fans don't interpret Undertaker being a clear cut heel heading into Mania].

The WWE suspends Lesnar as result of his actions until February.

Plus I dont see what is gained from Brock going 2-1 against Taker. If Brock went 2-0 against Taker, sure I see a point in that. But to go 1-1 in their last two fights does Brock no good. And there's no continued winning ways. He hasn't won a big match since Royal Rumble 2015. Assuming he doesn't have another big fight till Survivor Series or Rumble, thats close to a year. I think the WWE respects Taker to the point where they didn't want him to have zero victories against Brock. Taker looks like a bitch if he never get one official victory over Brock, while losing his streak and career to Brock. By getting one victory, it atleast makes Taker looks like he's a guy that has heart and backs down from no one even if he's a little old and passed his prime now.

As far as Brock goes, I don't think the fans really care that Brock hasn't won since RR 2015. He still has that presence and respect amongst the fans. Lesnar absolutely dominated both Reigns and Rollins in their matches, and kayfabe wise, the fans know that he only lost due to unforeseen circumstances. Lesnar is still credible as fuck.

However - if Lesnar was in the main-event of Wrestlemania this year and lost CLEANLY, then yes, he would lose some credibility. On the flip side, if you have Lesnar destroy Reigns or Rollins for the title at Mania', then it hurts the development of Reigns/Rollins as future credible "franchise guys" for the WWE. That's why I like the idea of keeping Lesnar away from Reigns/Rollins until 2017. During 2016, you can have Lesnar get more dominating victories over other wrestlers, while on the other side, building up Reigns and/or Rollins as credible #1 guys in the company.

If Lesnar ends Taker's career at Mania however, it further adds to Brock's credibility and accomplishments.

That's how I see it.

And yes - I know Taker has done some heelish/cowardly things against Lesnar thus far, but I just can't see people in his own home state booing Taker.....especially if there's a built in implication/stipulation that it will be Taker's last match.

The WWE loves their poignant moments and if they can re-create HBK-Flair or Taker-HBK, via Lesnar-Taker, then I think they'll do it (along with giving Taker a Flair-esque send off on RAW the next night).

DAMN iNATOR
08-31-2015, 09:01 AM
Poignant moments at the end of a "10 stars outvof 5" kind of match are great. :D

Zeeboe
09-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Inter-gender Tag Team Match

Team Cool Taker

http://www.geeksandcleats.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/taker.jpg

vs

Team Jimmy John's
http://www.pwmania.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/brocklesnar-sable.jpg

Aww. I love seeing pictures of parents and their grown children. It's great The Undertaker spends time with his daughter and Brock Lesnar spends time with his mother. :)