PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers for 11/19/15

Dark One
11-17-2015, 10:11 PM
* Miz TV kicks off tonight’s SmackDown. Kevin Owens interrupts and declares it The Kevin Owens Show. Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter interrupt. Owens and Del Rio have words and face off. Dean Ambrose comes out to a big reaction. Roman Reigns is out next to a standing ovation, according to our correspondent. R-Truth is out next. He says he will cut through everyone else like a hot knife through butter. Miz reminds Truth he’s not in the tournament. Truth apologizes and wishes Reigns and Ambrose good luck. He refused to wish good luck to Owens and Del Rio, then leaves. The Miz throws a fit and Reigns distracts him, allowing Ambrose to knock Miz out with a punch. The others clear the ring and the segment ends with Reigns and Ambrose standing tall

* We come back to Miz complaining about being disrespected. He demands his match for tonight be canceled. Cesaro is out next. Cesaro defeats The Miz in about 90 seconds with a float-over into a Crossface. Stardust and The Ascension come out to block Cesaro but walk past him to the entrance without anything happening.

* Neville and The Dudley Boyz defeated Stardust and The Ascension.

* Tyler Breeze comes out with Summer Rae for a promo. He rips on Dolph Ziggler, who comes down to ringside to watch the next match.

* Tyler Breeze defeated Zack Ryder with an excellent Unprettier. Ziggler attacks Breeze after the match and nails a superkick to end the segment.

* The Undertaker’s druids come out with sheep masks on as The Wyatt Family comes to the ring. Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman both cut promos until the bells toll. Everyone stands as The Undertaker cuts a promo on the big screen. Kane appears with a burning sheep mask and finishes the promo. The Undertaker does a “rest in peace” as the turnbuckles explode.

* WWE Divas Champion Charlotte defeated Brie Bella in a non-title match with the Figure Eight.

* Renee Young interviews Paige backstage. Tonight’s main event will be Reigns and Ambrose vs. Owens and Del Rio.

* Big E defeated Kalisto with two running splashes and a distraction from The New Day. They attack Kalisto and Sin Cara after the match until Ryback makes the save.

* They show Maria Menounos interviewing Paige and The Miz on E! News about WWE Studios movie Santa’s Little Helper. Owen White interrupts and challenges The Miz to a North Pole on a Pole Match, but gets DDTed by Maria Menounos to end the segment.

* Backstage segment with Reigns and Ambrose talking about being in the Survivor Series main event together.

* Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens and WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio by DQ when Del Rio threw Reigns into the steel steps. Del Rio apparently had several botches in the match. A brawl breaks out before Reigns and Ambrose hit Dirty Deeds and a spear. They stand tall as SmackDown ends.

Dark One
11-17-2015, 10:12 PM
I think we can all agree that the best news to come out of these spoilers is the return of "didn't know he wasn't on the PPV" R-Truth.

DAMN iNATOR
11-17-2015, 10:17 PM
OH NO, NEITHER OF THE TWO SPOILER THREADS FOR THIS WEEK ARE MARKED ***OFFICIAL***, WHO DO I TRUST?!

Clerk
11-17-2015, 10:44 PM
sliks job

Black Widow
11-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Ryder getting his once a year TV spot lol

DAMN iNATOR
11-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Ryder getting his once a year TV spot lol

Actually you're wrong "lol"...he actually defeated Adam Rose in a SD! match in late September.

DAMN iNATOR
11-17-2015, 10:57 PM
sliks job

Are you mildly autistic?

Black Widow
11-18-2015, 12:43 AM
Actually you're wrong "lol"...he actually defeated Adam Rose in a SD! match in late September.I'd know that if I didn't have better things to do.

Simple Fan
11-18-2015, 12:52 AM
OH NO, NEITHER OF THE TWO SPOILER THREADS FOR THIS WEEK ARE MARKED ***OFFICIAL***, WHO DO I TRUST?!

silk needs to make Clerks day and create the ***OFFICIAL *** thread.

Corndad
11-18-2015, 06:57 AM
So still no Traditional Series match made unless one is made on the spot Sunday with no build up. :nono:

That's like having Hell in A Cell PPV with no Cell match.

Kinda hope Truth just shows up assuming he is in one Sunday lol

Big Vic
11-18-2015, 08:52 AM
I think survivor Series 2002, or 03 had no traditional matches either.

Emperor Smeat
11-18-2015, 12:31 PM
So still no Traditional Series match made unless one is made on the spot Sunday with no build up. :nono:

That's like having Hell in A Cell PPV with no Cell match.

Kinda hope Truth just shows up assuming he is in one Sunday lol

WWE decided for some random reason it was better to announce the 5v5 match on their own website than on Smackdown.

One of the hallmarks of WWE’s fall classic — the Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match — will take place this Sunday, live on WWE Network at Survivor Series, WWE.com has learned. The match participants are not yet known at this juncture ...

Stick with WWE.com for more details on this huge Survivor Series match announcement as updates become available.

Bad News Gertner
11-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Are you mildly autistic?

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is

Big Vic
11-18-2015, 01:01 PM
WWE decided for some random reason it was better to announce the 5v5 match on their own website than on Smackdown.
Most anticipated match of the card.

erickman
11-18-2015, 02:32 PM
and it does not even say who will be in the 5 on 5 match

The CyNick
11-18-2015, 04:07 PM
I think the tournament screwed up their build to a traditional Survivor Series match. There's really no point to having one this year other than tradition and just to have one. There's really nothing left of The Authority, and with the injuries there's no real meat to the match.

I have no problem announcing one later because the card is already full, it's just going to be a throw away match. Only good that can come off it, will be if they can manage to get one guy over in the match (i.e. Cesaro).

Dark One
11-18-2015, 10:59 PM
I think the tournament screwed up their build to a traditional Survivor Series match. There's really no point to having one this year other than tradition and just to have one. There's really nothing left of The Authority, and with the injuries there's no real meat to the match.

I have no problem announcing one later because the card is already full, it's just going to be a throw away match. Only good that can come off it, will be if they can manage to get one guy over in the match (i.e. Cesaro).

This is really true. They couldn't really announce a match with anyone even remotely interesting--or at least a full 10 man tag's worth--while the tournament was still going on, unless they were going to announce it as like Team Ryder vs. Team Slater. If they announced it and included anyone like Cesaro, Neville, Ziggler, that would pretty much have killed any of the minor mystery surrounding the tournament matches.

They could have announced something on Smackdown obviously but there still wouldn't be much verve to it.

Droford
11-18-2015, 11:16 PM
5 on 5 match guarantee

New Day (Big E and Kofi), Stardust and The Ascension vs Dudleys, Usos and Neville

Ruien
11-19-2015, 07:47 AM
Doubt Ryback will be left out. And Cesaro is a must for the ppv.

DAMN iNATOR
11-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Sucks that Truth has been so criminally overlooked in the last 4-5 years. Opening segment tonight made me honestly think I would really dig seeing a feud between him and someone. I have no clue who, exactly, but it did bring back my nostalgia over his 2011 (I think) feud with Cena over the WWE title.

Note I'm not saying he should ever necessarily win the big one, not without at the very least several months-1 year + of building him as a credible main eventer, but he'd help freshen the main event and/or title scenes again, IMHO.

hb2k
11-20-2015, 04:58 AM
Agree wholeheartedly - that brief heel run where he was absolutely out of his mind was consistently entertaining, would be great in the midcard.

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2015, 05:38 AM
My big problem with Truth's heel run in 2011 was that I thought he was getting too old to run with the belt. He's still going four years later. They probably should have done more with that in retrospect...

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2015, 05:38 AM
The Miz isn't doing anything at all either. Why not stick them back together as a team? That's where The Miz shines best.

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2015, 05:41 AM
I was thinking that the 5 vs. 5 match was going to be Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Neville & The Dudleys vs. Sheamus, King Barrett, Tyler Breeze, The Miz & Stardust -- but apparently Ziggler and Breeze are having a singles match now? Probably going to be Sheamus, Barrett & New Day against Cesaro, Neville, Titus (because they seem to want to give him some publicity) and The Dudleys. Or something like that. R-Truth would make sense after SmackDown. It seems like a random occasion to use him.

DAMN iNATOR
11-20-2015, 06:11 AM
My big problem with Truth's heel run in 2011 was that I thought he was getting too old to run with the belt. He's still going four years later. They probably should have done more with that in retrospect...

Of course they should've done more with it. That was the whole point of my post, and exactly what I was lamenting in it. He could've at LEAST been given another couple PPVs (as opposed to just the 1) to be CHASING the WWE gold.

Big Vic
11-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Of course they should've done more with it. That was the whole point of my post, and exactly what I was lamenting in it. He could've at LEAST been given another couple PPVs (as opposed to just the 1) to be CHASING the WWE gold.
Wasn't that right before Punks run?

Ultra Mantis
11-20-2015, 05:21 PM
To be fair it was R-Truth's fault for getting depushed, since he got caught smoking synthetic while he was in the middle of a huge "main event" feud with The Rock and Cena.

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Yeah, good point.

DAMN iNATOR
11-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Wasn't that right before Punks run?

It was ~ 4-5 months or so before. Capitol Punishment, I believe.

Simple Fan
11-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Truth delivered the best promo of the tournament and isn't even in it. Really though they could USD that as a push have him come out all the time thinking goes in big matches while also haveing matches of his own. Then one time he comes out thinking he's in a main event and they actually put him in it and he wins. Or they put him in it and he forgets he was in the match and doesn't show.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Is this an official page? Ohhhhhhhhhhh No!

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2015, 11:27 PM
R-Truth would make a natural enemy or ally of The New Day. In some ways, so would Damien Sandow & Curtis Axel. I mean, it's only really Axel that has the connection to Kofi Kingston in that duo, but Big E did beat The Axeman for the IC Title. Sandow can match his wits against Xavier Woods. R-Truth has tag team history with both Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods. I'd suggest putting The Awesome Truth back together and running with Sandow & Axel as a proper tag team.