PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Sting?

Jazzy Foot
11-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Is he coming back? I hear rumours ranging from yes to no or that Vince is miffed at him for not being adequately prepared and getting injured and hence his removal or lack of mention on TV etc.

What is the deal? Has his run been considered a flop and he's being quietly written out or is he due another match or two?

I hope we do get to see him in the ring one more time.

Lock Jaw
11-22-2015, 11:57 PM
The deal is that he may have received a career ending injury in his last match, so his future depends on that mostly.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Sting (real name Steve Borden) is a professional wrestling legend who broke into the business as one half of the dingo warriors with Jim Helwig (who fans later came to know as "The Ultimate" Warrior). He enjoyed most of his success in the NWA which later became WCW. He has held multiple world championships and the US championship on several occasions as well. His most notable feuds were with Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan.

Sting is possibly most noteworthy for being a "WCW Legend" who never jumped ship to the WWE even after Vince McMahon bought out the defunct World Championship wrestling, until very recently where he competed in (and lost) matches against HHH and World Champion Seth Rollins.

I believe this answers the question of "what's the deal with Sting"?

The MAC
11-23-2015, 09:12 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/mueaer.jpg

Heisenberg
11-23-2015, 09:32 AM
Bank on him being at WrestleMania, it's in his backyard anyways

road doggy dogg
11-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Damn, just POSITIVE REP'd THE MAC and made a typo in my comment... embarrassing #EggOnFace

Fignuts
11-23-2015, 02:04 PM
Why the fuck would WWE be upset with him for a fluke accident. He wad in as good a shape as a man his age could be for the match.

Dirtsheet nonsense.

Emperor Smeat
11-23-2015, 03:28 PM
Think Sting mentioned before his deal was originally meant to be a one-off match for Mania. Him wrestling at Night of Champions was mostly the WWE scrambling to boost Network subs and him agreeing to add a few more dates like Lesnar can with his deal.

Jazzy Foot
11-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Think Sting mentioned before his deal was originally meant to be a one-off match for Mania. Him wrestling at Night of Champions was mostly the WWE scrambling to boost Network subs and him agreeing to add a few more dates like Lesnar can with his deal.

So he signed just to be a jobber? Hope it was worth it.

Simple Fan
11-24-2015, 06:24 PM
If Sting is healthy enough a program with Stardust at Mania would be great I think. If Sting was the one that pulled Cody out of Stardust it could be a good story. Feel like Sting needs a win and ending Stardust won't hurt Cody Rhodes any. Also would like to see a Sting heel run if it was possible.

Jazzy Foot
11-24-2015, 07:25 PM
I think if he does return the most likely scenario is a rematch with Triple H at WM 32. But this time it will be everything it should have been last year: a bigger build up, mind games, ambushes and lastly with something on the line be it a belt and/or say control of the WWE.

Sting was always going to be "done" by 2015 or 2016 at the latest. However, I don't see him simply retiring and going into the background. He will remain on WWE TV in one capacity or another be it as guest announcer/panelist or indeed as the GM or something.

I would love to see him win the WWE title and hold even for just a single night/week/month. It be the icing on the cake of a glittering wrestling career. If it doesn't happen, no big deal.

However I think we can all sort of agree that if NoC was his last act in a WWE ring, his stint in WWE was pretty crap and will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Simple Fan
11-24-2015, 07:34 PM
Don't want to see HHH/Sting 2. If Sting is going to job I'd like to see him out o er younger talent. A program with Wyatt at Wretlemania could work to. I'd just like to see Sting/Stardust for some reason.

Jazzy Foot
11-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Don't want to see HHH/Sting 2. If Sting is going to job I'd like to see him out o er younger talent. A program with Wyatt at Wretlemania could work to. I'd just like to see Sting/Stardust for some reason.

Sting v Stardust would be far too lame for my opinion. Maybe have them on a network special or a house show or a main event on Smackdown or something.

He needs a "winning moment" in the WWE.

Of course as we keeping saying this is all dependent on him recovering and stepping back in the ring.

I would hate to think those two losses are all we have to remember Sting's short WWE career by, the build up to both being underwhelming at best.

Jazzy Foot
11-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Sting (real name Steve Borden) is a professional wrestling legend who broke into the business as one half of the dingo warriors with Jim Helwig (who fans later came to know as "The Ultimate" Warrior). He enjoyed most of his success in the NWA which later became WCW. He has held multiple world championships and the US championship on several occasions as well. His most notable feuds were with Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan.

Sting is possibly most noteworthy for being a "WCW Legend" who never jumped ship to the WWE even after Vince McMahon bought out the defunct World Championship wrestling, until very recently where he competed in (and lost) matches against HHH and World Champion Seth Rollins.

I believe this answers the question of "what's the deal with Sting"?

Funny man.

Simple Fan
11-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Sting v Stardust would be far too lame for my opinion. Maybe have them on a network special or a house show or a main event on Smackdown or something.

He needs a "winning moment" in the WWE.

Of course as we keeping saying this is all dependent on him recovering and stepping back in the ring.

I would hate to think those two losses are all we have to remember Sting's short WWE career by, the build up to both being underwhelming at best.

I think Sting/Stardust could be a big enough program for Mania given the right story. They could make Stardust even more loony and have him snap on the Connor & Viktor and attack a nuch of people after the Royal Rumble. Sting shows up and can kinda connect with Cody Rhodes inside for a bit only for Stardust to kick back in and run down Sting. Could have Sting and Stardust playing mind games with each other til Mania. Sting wins and Cody shakes his hand after the match.

DAMN iNATOR
11-24-2015, 09:04 PM
Konnor with a 'K'...Mortal Kombat style.

Simple Fan
11-25-2015, 12:32 AM
Give me a break, I put the K in Viktor