PDA

View Full Version : You Got Served...

Kane Knight
05-23-2004, 08:40 PM
I know that execs are desperate to milk the whole "ghetto" thing, but is there anyone with enough brain damage to actually watch this flaming piece of crap?

Triple A
05-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Worst ****ing movie I have ever seen, EVER. ALL TIME.

It's already #1 worst of all time on IMDb, deservingly.

You know how I like it, straight street.

How street?

Straight hood.

The Mask
05-23-2004, 08:52 PM
elaborate cause we're probably not gonna get it over here :'(

Triple A
05-23-2004, 08:53 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365957/

Plot Outline: In order to achieve their dream of opening a recording studio, two friends (Omarion, Houston) must first win their city's dance contest -- a fierce competition that pits them against a group of tough street dancers.

The Mask
05-23-2004, 08:54 PM
that's the dumbest idea ever. Why not just sell crack?

Dazz
05-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Because we aint all thugs.

It's funny because I was really looking forward to its release, mainly because of the name of it, makes it sound good. My mates were going on about it and trying to find the trailer for it months ago, much fuss about nothing I guess :$.

Kris P Lettus
05-23-2004, 09:04 PM
It put to shame the awesome art of B-Boying..

:nono:

Jason Cage
05-23-2004, 11:17 PM
it actually got the 1st spot on the box office on its first week and made 15 mil.

People are ****ing gay.

The Miz
05-23-2004, 11:27 PM
lol. i saw that shit mad roasted. hilarious.

Boondock Saint
05-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Poor man's Breakin'

OssMan
05-24-2004, 12:19 AM
I will make a comparison between You Got Served and Soulplane.

The Icon of Elisim
05-24-2004, 12:38 AM
The teen reviewer for the paper here gave it 4.5/5, but too be fair she is stupid.

KillerWolf
05-24-2004, 03:40 PM
FUCK NO!!! the only way i would ever watch this movie is if they showed it on an airplane or something, and i probably wouldnt even watch it then. however i did see the SOUTH PARK parody of it and that was hilarious.

samichna
05-24-2004, 03:44 PM
i would never ever watch that shit EVER

KillerWolf
05-24-2004, 04:21 PM
other 'lowest common denominator' movies that i will never watch

coyote ugly
charlies angels
belly
drumline
save the last dance
house of the dead
torque
the girl next door
anything staring rob schnider

pretty much any estragen driven film (meg ryan-ish film)-they are about as grounded in reallity as stupid t&a movies

last thanksgiving me and some of my gear-head friends rented 'fast and the furious 2' for the sole purpose of flaming it for its plot holes and sheer stupidity. and to that end, it definitly delivered.

the reason why so many crap movies are green lighted is because people are morons. rather than deciding whether or not to see a film based on its merits (does it sound like a good story), a lot of people are about as intelligent as fucking gerbles. im gonna watch this movie because this guy is cute, or this chic is hot, or its gonna show teenagers in cheerleader outfits, or whats her name shows her boobs in it. and i have no idea what need drives women to watch sappy drivle like 'runaway bride' or any other 'chick flick'.

the problem with most of these movies is that there is no point in watching them because from the first 20 minutes you know exactly where its going. one example is about 2 years ago i was at a party (like a ppv boxing party-de lahoya vs. vargas) after the fight the hosts put on "shallow hal" they were going on and on about what a great movie it is, and i told them that i simply wasnt interested. all i had seen at that point were the tv trailers, but based on that i was able to correctly deduce that in the end : jack black repents his evil ways and ends up marrying the fat chick who was a nice person.