PDA

View Full Version : These Guys From Japan...

The CyNick
01-08-2016, 01:55 PM
As many of you are aware, Japanese wrestling is not my cup of sake.

Does anyone think these guys can get over on the WWE roster? I get their appeal for WWE Network debuting in Japan. I get that the NXT audience would be all over them. But really focused on do people think A) these guys as a group would be recognized if they showed up on an average RAW in the midwest and B) do they have the WWE style charisma to get over.

I tried to watch a video of the one Japanese guy Nakumura or whatever, but I couldn't get through the whole match. I thought maybe he had some promo skills or something that would help put him over the top.

Looking forward to an open sharing of opinions on the matter.

Simple Fan
01-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Nakumura is great. All kinds of charisma and he'll of a in ring taken. Hope they don't tween his in ring work to much if he does come to WWE.

Styles is another great performer and has really taken off since leaving TNA. I think he could come right in to the main roster and have sucess.

Gallows and Anderson are a good tag team and would add good depth to either NXT or WWEs tag divisions.

The CyNick
01-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Yeah the Japanese guy seemed kinda stiff. Hard to tell with other Japanese guys, but looked taller than I envisioned him.

AJ I know. I think he'll be the 2016 Neville on the main roster. I always thought he was a charisma vacuum.

Seems like logical signings for NXT, but was reading on wrestlinginc.com that some of the bloggers were saying they are headed for WWE, which seems odd.

Another thing, if they get rights to Bullet Club, is that PG enough?

Heisenberg
01-08-2016, 02:33 PM
AJ is going to be more than Neville 2015, that's if they let him go all out

Fignuts
01-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Nakamura has enough charisma and in ring talent to be a solid upper midcarder, but as long as he can't speak english, that's as far as he'll go, even with a mouthpiece like Heyman.

Dunno how styles will do. He's got tne inring ability, and big name recognition, but he's never been big on charisma or promo skills.

Can see the other two being successful as a tag team under Finn Balor

Simple Fan
01-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Hope they don't buy Bullet Club name from NJPW. To good of a stable to be ruined when they come to WWE. If NJPW is disbanding it for Kenny Omega's The Elite I'd rather the Young Bucks keep it alive in ROH.

Shisen Kopf
01-08-2016, 02:40 PM
If only DLVH84 hadn't been killed by the Yakuza, he'd love this stuff

drave
01-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Nakamura works "strong style" - which is why it looks stiff.... it is.

Innovator
01-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Nakamura is 6'2 and can speak English

Fignuts
01-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Nakamura is 6'2 and can speak English

How well?

Emperor Smeat
01-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Out of all the rumored guys, AJ Styles probably has the best shot of getting over first. Already managed to become very popular with every organization he's been and probably needs the less tweaking out of all the guys to fit in the WWE style.

Anderson and Gallows staying as a tag team would be the best for both. Nakamura might be more like Itami's plans in the sense of being an IC champ or upper midcarder would be a huge deal just because of WWE's past history with Japanese wrestlers.

The CyNick
01-08-2016, 06:01 PM
They might bring in the group as heels to help HHH. It would lead to a reunion of The Shield. But I just don't know if the group would get over since as far as I know nobody in the group can cut a promo.

Innovator
01-08-2016, 08:16 PM
They might bring in the group as heels to help HHH. It would lead to a reunion of The Shield. But I just don't know if the group would get over since as far as I know nobody in the group can cut a promo.

Honey, you haven't heard the beauty of Doc and the Gun

Simple Fan
01-08-2016, 08:51 PM

YouTube a Bullet Club promo

Simple Fan
01-08-2016, 09:17 PM
VRmJ6Z51fvE

Innovator
01-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Spent most of the night trying to find the press conference where Gallows said he was going to Climax all over the G1

Innovator
01-08-2016, 11:14 PM
And where Anderson said he was up all night drinking beers and snorting melatonin

Fignuts
01-08-2016, 11:23 PM
VRmJ6Z51fvE

That was actually a pretty god awful promo.

Blonde Moment
01-08-2016, 11:35 PM
How well?
Hard to find him speaking much english. i really think putting him with Heyman and allowing him to do his thing with little interference can make him top tier even if he has poor english

The CyNick
01-08-2016, 11:38 PM
VRmJ6Z51fvE

Maybe its one of those "you had to understand the context" type deals, but that seemed like the most generic windy promo I've ever heard.

I'm really curious to see what happens. Just doesn't feel like a main event group to get excited about. Lots of gun pointing (which I am guessing wont be allowed on WWE TV, I saw alot of gimmick infringement as well).

NXT - I think all the hardcore fans will go crazy for it, and it would be a great piece of business to have Balor involved with that could probably sell tickets for NXT throughout 2016.

The CyNick
01-08-2016, 11:39 PM
Hard to find him speaking much english. i really think putting him with Heyman and allowing him to do his thing with little interference can make him top tier even if he has poor english

Yeah Heyman would make sense if he's destined for the main roster. And he would have to be pushed. But the question is can he pick up the WWE style fast enough to not embarrass himself and force WWE to de-push him quickly.

The CyNick
01-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Spent most of the night trying to find the press conference where Gallows said he was going to Climax all over the G1

Sounds pretty PG

Simple Fan
01-08-2016, 11:55 PM
Hope they don't ask him to change his in ring work. Why sign the king of strong style only to have him learn "WWE style"?

Simple Fan
01-08-2016, 11:57 PM
That was actually a pretty god awful promo.

Didn't think it was God awful but it was one of the shorter ones could find but definitely not their best. Anderson probably the best talker of the group though.

CSL
01-09-2016, 12:02 AM
Nakamura has the intangible 'it' factor, that thing you can't teach, he's a star and it pours out of him every time you see him. But even then, it depends what they do with him, he has the biggest potential up-side but could be a bust also. He'd tear NXT up rn, he makes Kenta/Itami look like an 80s jobber and Balor/Nakamura rn as the main event of a Takeover show would probably be the best thing you've seen in NXT to date. The main roster is where the questions need to be answered. AJ is basically a smoother Seth Rollins with less 'mainstream' appeal and worse mic skills. Anderson & Gallows are WWE style guys anyway and will fit right in, Anderson especially given he actually has quite an entertaining/comedic personality when the situation calls for it. All depends on the WWE machine and how well they want them to do really.

CSL
01-09-2016, 12:06 AM
Hope they don't ask him to change his in ring work. Why sign the king of strong style only to have him learn "WWE style"?

he won't have to change his in ring work per se but there's no way he's going to be Boma Ye-ing people's heads off to the level he does in New Japan. Honestly wouldn't be surprised given the Curb Stomp is gone if he has a new finish altogether

Simple Fan
01-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Nakumura vs Rollins is the match I'd most want to see from the bunch. Feel like Styles vs Ziggler could be good as well but not as good as Rollins/Nakumura.

Wishbone
01-09-2016, 12:33 AM
If they let him go all out Styles will be just fine on the main roster. The dude has "it".

Nakumura will be fine if he can just get over the language barrier. If he speaks English he should be fine so long as he speaks it relatively well. Of course there'll always be a glass ceiling above him simply because he's Japanese. I could see him having a great career, and he could possibly go further than any Japanese wrestler ever has here in the States (even Muta), but that'll all depend on whether or not WWE is willing to push him.

As for Gallows and Anderson, well I don't know enough about them to really say where they'll go. Gallows having already been in WWE and flopping is going to hurt him though. He'll have the Tensai issue where everyone chants his old ring-name during matches if they try to repackage him. Just imagining the area chanting "Festus!" already...

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2016, 03:17 AM
Shinsuke Nakamura has charisma out the whazoo. He'll be able to get over in the same sense that CM Punk and Daniel Bryan got over. He may not be the top guy, but people will love him. I'd love to see Ambrose vs. Nakamura, and think that could be a tremendous IC Title match at SummerSlam.

AJ Styles should debut in NXT and challenge his friend and ally, Finn Balor to an NXT Title match. Then Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows jump the barricade and Balor is all confused. Heel turn from Styles and The Bullet Club is the hottest thing in NXT. They make a target of whoever is going against Triple H at the time on the main roster (Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose?) and then Finn Balor gets called up to join them for a big six-man on PPV.

Blonde Moment
01-09-2016, 11:43 AM
Nakamura seems to be using alot more submission moves lately so I could see him going that route for a finisher but putting him with anyone who enjoys working stiff could be sheer magic.

The CyNick
01-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura has charisma out the whazoo. He'll be able to get over in the same sense that CM Punk and Daniel Bryan got over. He may not be the top guy, but people will love him. I'd love to see Ambrose vs. Nakamura, and think that could be a tremendous IC Title match at SummerSlam.

AJ Styles should debut in NXT and challenge his friend and ally, Finn Balor to an NXT Title match. Then Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows jump the barricade and Balor is all confused. Heel turn from Styles and The Bullet Club is the hottest thing in NXT. They make a target of whoever is going against Triple H at the time on the main roster (Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose?) and then Finn Balor gets called up to join them for a big six-man on PPV.

I like that

Simple Fan
01-09-2016, 12:19 PM
I could get behind a Nakumura WWE title run to. Wouldn't have to be a long one but having him hold the title could be great for them in Japan. Don't feel like Vince would give a title run to Styles but but you never know. Styles was the first American IWGP Heavyweight Champion since Brock Lesnar and he won it twice.

Simple Fan
01-09-2016, 08:55 PM
xPEqfbLQhR0

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2016, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't sign Tama Tonga and Bad Luck Fale right now. Let them get more experience and star time in Japan, and don't dry New Japan all out at once. Once AJ Styles, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows are more established, you can bring in this new "Elite" group of Kenny Omega, Tama and Fale and make them their own big deal.

Simple Fan
01-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Not sure how I feel about that Elite name either. Would like them to just stay Bullet Club andOmega gets a big push. With Gallows and Anderson leaving that sets up Tonga and Fale to be the heavyweight tag team for Bullet Club. Cody Hall could also move up in the ranks and maybe win the NEVER Openweight title.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2016, 10:43 PM
I don't like that Elite name either. Maybe it'll change when the group gets their vibe together?

Simple Fan
01-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Seems like it would confuse people to with the Killer Elite Squad. I feel like its just another branch of Bullet Club, kind of like NWO Hollywood or NWO 2000. Bullet Club The Elite would be fine but just Elite would seem wrong.

Simple Fan
01-09-2016, 11:24 PM
Gallows could also team up with The Dudleys and face Balor, Styles, and Anderson (all leaders of Bullet Club at one time). Aces & Eights vs Bullet Club.

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2016, 01:28 AM
It should probably play off the idea of Omega being "The End" or something. "End Times?"

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2016, 01:30 AM
I was reading an article on 411Mania.com that suggested AJ Styles wins the Royal Rumble. You know, if they can't get The Rock insured, the case of who faces Brock Lesnar does become a lot murkier. With Gallows, Anderson and maybe Balor behind him, AJ Styles could gather more credibility as a force.

Simple Fan
01-10-2016, 01:43 AM
AJ winning the Rumble to win the title would be crazy. Styles/Lesnar at Mania for the WWE title being the ladt 2 Americans to hold the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Probably wont happen but would be a huge shake up.

#1-norm-fan
01-10-2016, 02:09 AM
I'm not buying this whole "CyNick is turning a new leaf and will now be discussing stuff rationally" thing. It's clearly a trap.

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2016, 02:40 AM
Haha, he's probably just had his fill of trolling.

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2016, 02:42 AM
I can't see Styles winning, and I don't know if I'd want him to, creatively speaking, but when you piece WrestleMania together, there are very few things for Brock to do.

Plus the WWE does not have the best track record of calling up guys with their NXT aura intact. Finn Balor could end up exactly like Neville if he's brought up as is. As part of a heel stable, he might be able to shine from the sides and chew the scenery and develop a personality a bit more.

Rammsteinmad
01-10-2016, 05:46 AM
AJ winning the Rumble to win the title would be crazy. Styles/Lesnar at Mania for the WWE title being the ladt 2 Americans to hold the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Probably wont happen but would be a huge shake up.

As stupid, crazy, ridiculous as it sounds, and as much as I don't really want this to happen, I actually really want this to happen simply because it's so completely "out there" that it'd be interesting to see.

Wishbone
01-10-2016, 07:38 AM
I'm with Fan, this has to be a trap... Still waiting for something to explode or some shit.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-10-2016, 01:36 PM
I've just looked this bullet club up on YouTube. It's just a bad rip off of NWO but with midgets. What's the big deal?

Lock Jaw
01-10-2016, 01:46 PM
They're in Japan so it's "cool"

Emperor Smeat
01-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Just a stable of foreign guys that managed to get very popular in Japan and having Scott Hall give his blessing with the Kliq/nWo hand signs.

Them getting very popular and generating huge merch sales was something that rarely happens with foreign guys in Japan.

Simple Fan
01-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Also the push they have recieved has helped them out alot. Multiple championships and having a foreigner hold the IWGP Heavyweight Championship doesnt happen a whole lot and AJ dit it twice. Just a cool group that knows they are over really, kind of like a bigger white New Day.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-10-2016, 02:36 PM
So what would make them stand out in wwe? Where they won't be foreigners, won't be allowed crotch chops or wolfpac hand gestures and won't have the same push?

Simple Fan
01-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Good question. Thats part of the reason I dont want WWE to use them as Bullet Club. I know WWE wont give them that push they deserve. Could see them keeping the crotch chops and wolfpack hand gestures though.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Yeah I dunno they'll probably just be in NXT and get over there, then be brought up to the main roster and job out to ryback or Del Rio or whatever.

Simple Fan
01-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Would probably be best to start AJ in NXT against Balor only to have Anderson and Gallows interfere on Balors behalf to start Bālor Club. Have them run through NXT and debut on the main roster after Mania. Feel like Nakumura should start on the main roster though.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Debut on the main roster when Vince is dead and Kevin Dunn is in jail.

Simple Fan
01-10-2016, 05:00 PM
I dont know with AJ being in WWE before Vince might get behind the guy but I doubt it. Seeing as how they have used Joe I dont really ha e high expectations from him in WWE.

ron the dial
01-10-2016, 06:02 PM
So what would make them stand out in wwe? Where they won't be foreigners, won't be allowed crotch chops or wolfpac hand gestures and won't have the same push?
balor has been doing the wolfpac hand gesture pretty much his entire nxt run.

ron the dial
01-10-2016, 06:04 PM
obviously that has nothing to do with how these guys will get over or be used. just saying.

Blonde Moment
01-10-2016, 06:32 PM
So unless he has more dates in Jan than listed, should Nakumura debut at the Rumble as a faceless participant?, A surprise opponent for ADR? or hold off until after WM and just tease us until then?

Lock Jaw
01-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Should definitely go to NXT first, because if he debuts on the main roster right now it would just be "Who the hell is this and why should I care", and also he needs time to adjust to the WWE style.... Don't want another Sin Cara....

Simple Fan
01-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Screw WWE style, they should leave his sting style alone.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-10-2016, 06:57 PM
There's a difference between a masked guy famous in Mexico than a guy famous for wrestling in America. They know who the fuck the Phenomenal AJ Styles is.

Nakamura going to NXT will just de-rail Hideo Itami once he heals up.

Simple Fan
01-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Probably stick Nakumura with Itami in a stereotypical Japanese tag team. Indeed.

CSL
01-10-2016, 07:32 PM
I've just looked this bullet club up on YouTube. It's just a bad rip off of NWO but with midgets. What's the big deal?

They're in Japan so it's "cool"

nah, they were cool because they were cool initially, a stable of only gaijins that ran roughshod over New Japan had never happened before and they were fun, did great promos, had a catchphrase, the gun to the head gimmick after beatdowns, Devitt was on fire as a heel etc. The original incarnation (Devitt, Fale, Anderson and Tonga) were great and it was shit hot for a few months. Then (like every great faction ever) it passed it's sell-by-date and was watered down with a bunch of meaningless members (and they lost the leader/top guy to WWE. Like, imagine HHH going to WCW in mid-1998) The only reason they probably still exist is the amount of merch they move. But now they're also basically a self-aware parody of the "big American stables", the thing Japanese fans associate with American wrestling. It's not so much "stealing" and more "taking the piss".

CSL
01-10-2016, 07:47 PM
as for how they'd do in WWE as a group, it once again depends on how well WWE really would want them to do. Everything is new, bigger and means more in WWE. A WWE version of BC with say Finn, AJ, Doc and Gallows done 'properly' could be big if they really wanted it to be because it would be brand new to the majority of the WWE audience. Or they could half-arse it and it could be shit. Up to them really.

Lock Jaw
01-10-2016, 07:55 PM
There's a difference between a masked guy famous in Mexico than a guy famous for wrestling in America. They know who the fuck the Phenomenal AJ Styles is.

Yo, Fastway (and my reply to him) was talking about Nakamura, not AJ Styles. Styles they could get away with debuting on the main roster right away.

As far as Nakamura de-railing Hideo Itami, I say.... who cares. Only seen pics/gifs of Nakamura, but seems to have more "charisma" than Hideo Itami has (who seems to have very little). If Hideo can't keep up, it is his own fault.

Fignuts
01-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Would be cool if tjey carried over the storyline from njpw and had AJ fighting Balor, Karl, and Gallows for the bullet clubs betrayal. Maybe even a team up with his old rival samoa joe.

Also after watching WK10, I'm pretty excited for Anderson and Gallows. They're really solid as a team, and work great together.

Fignuts
01-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Shouldn't Itami be back by now? Feels way overdue.

NormanSmiley
01-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Within 3 months of the debut aj styles will be as relevant as brian Christopher and naga whatever will be as relevant as taka michinoku.

The CyNick
01-10-2016, 09:57 PM
I'm not buying this whole "CyNick is turning a new leaf and will now be discussing stuff rationally" thing. It's clearly a trap.

Still doing the same "just being me" gimmick.

Ive honestly just had enough of the same back and forth about the same 2 or 3 issues. I have my opinion, they differ from you guys who light the torch for the IWC, so I'm now trying to use my power of drawing people in to have discussions on specific topics. Let's face it, this place is dead without me. Dont worry, I'm sure I will still say things that bother you from time to time.

The CyNick
01-10-2016, 09:59 PM

Styles winning the Rumble would be horrible. The Japanese guy would make more sense of the two. But both are bad ideas.

I honestly think Styles should be just there as part of an NXT angle with Balor.

Was the Japanese guy a part of the Bullet Club?

The CyNick
01-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Good question. Thats part of the reason I dont want WWE to use them as Bullet Club. I know WWE wont give them that push they deserve. Could see them keeping the crotch chops and wolfpack hand gestures though.

Not to be a pest, but they'll get the push they deserve. If they came in as The Bullet Club or anything else, and proved they could sell merch, and had a positive impact on TV ratings and house show business, they would get pushed.

Ive watched some videos of some of these guys, and they all come off very generic to me. Im skeptical about their ability to get over in WWE beyond 3 or 4 big markets. Like will they be over in Colorado Springs? Im guessing not.

The CyNick
01-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Would probably be best to start AJ in NXT against Balor only to have Anderson and Gallows interfere on Balors behalf to start Bālor Club. Have them run through NXT and debut on the main roster after Mania. Feel like Nakumura should start on the main roster though.

I agree with this.

I feel like Nak-Man (needs a more catchier name) should be introduced with vignettes and put with a mouthpiece (Heyman would be logical), and let him start at the bottom and work up relatively quickly.

The CyNick
01-10-2016, 10:04 PM
So unless he has more dates in Jan than listed, should Nakumura debut at the Rumble as a faceless participant?, A surprise opponent for ADR? or hold off until after WM and just tease us until then?

I would debut him at Mania. You want to drive Network subscribers from Japan. Have 5-6 weeks of vignettes, and get a name opponent for him. Debut at Mania and win.

The CyNick
01-10-2016, 10:07 PM

Dont overestimate the popularity of TNA. Certain cities will go crazy for AJ debuting (the bizzaro world cities), but most towns he will be just another indy guy. Thats why you have to beware of pops you get in cities like Chicago or Boston, because they dont always translate in Sacramento or Oklahoma City.

Simple Fan
01-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Styles winning the Rumble would be horrible. The Japanese guy would make more sense of the two. But both are bad ideas.

I honestly think Styles should be just there as part of an NXT angle with Balor.

Was the Japanese guy a part of the Bullet Club?

I think leaving Styles in NXT would be a huge waste of talent kind of like they doing with Samoa Joe. No, Nakumura was the leader of Chaos though but thats a different Japanese stable that I wont get into.

#1-norm-fan
01-10-2016, 10:44 PM
Still doing the same "just being me" gimmick.

Ive honestly just had enough of the same back and forth about the same 2 or 3 issues. I have my opinion, they differ from you guys who light the torch for the IWC, so I'm now trying to use my power of drawing people in to have discussions on specific topics. Let's face it, this place is dead without me. Dont worry, I'm sure I will still say things that bother you from time to time.

Yeah, I'm still doing that "just being me"... "gimmick"... (:wtf:)

But yes. Stick to this actually discussing things thing. You'll be alright.

Still don't trust you though, so... yeah. Fuck you.

Simple Fan
01-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Not to be a pest, but they'll get the push they deserve. If they came in as The Bullet Club or anything else, and proved they could sell merch, and had a positive impact on TV ratings and house show business, they would get pushed.

Ive watched some videos of some of these guys, and they all come off very generic to me. Im skeptical about their ability to get over in WWE beyond 3 or 4 big markets. Like will they be over in Colorado Springs? Im guessing not.

Colorado Springs is full of Bullet Club marks.

#1-norm-fan
01-11-2016, 12:49 AM
Looking forward to an open sharing of opinions on the matter.

I like that (in response to Noid)

I have my opinion, they differ from you guys who light the torch for the IWC, so I'm now trying to use my power of drawing people in to have discussions on specific topics. Let's face it, this place is dead without me.

I KNOW A TROLL TRAP WHEN I SEE ONE, COCKSUCKER.

weather vane
01-11-2016, 02:16 AM
Love that these guys are coming over. I wish Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks would come as well.

hb2k
01-11-2016, 03:45 AM
I am in absolute shock and awe that this is happening. Nakamura is easily my favourite wrestler in the world and has been for about four years now. The guy has such a unique charisma and style that's distinctive to him without being awkward and unfamiliar to american wrestlers (so there shouldn't be the same Sin Cara style issues), that I honestly think this could work. If it doesn't, that'll speak even more to the impossible environment WWE has become and how little they want to make multiple stars as opposed to just the one. He has an advantage in that he'll be the only one like him (as I don't see Itami being called up any time soon, frankly) and is distinct as hell anyway.

Styles I'm a little less certain about, because you just know there has to be some inherent prejudices there, but so long as he stays injury free, he's better now than he's ever been, and there's real potential.

Anderson and Gallows I don't see being a big deal other than back-up for Balor if he goes heel or something. And I like Anderson, but there are plenty of guys his level or better doing nothing already.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-11-2016, 04:28 AM
Kenny Omega just did an interview where he said he doesn't like wrestling based Bullet Club parodies like Balor Club. If Bullet Club didn't steal everything from the nWo I would understand. Plus he was the leader. Fuck off Omega.

hb2k
01-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Exactly. Bullet Club is a shitty stable with no identity of its own that has been a fucking utter burden on New Japan for two years now and the only original members left are Fat Fuck Fale and Tama Tonga. Unless the Young Bucks screaming "Suck It" like nine year old backyarders is your thing, the Bullet Club has very little left to enjoy as an act in itself, and it was a tedious push even when they had great workers like Devitt and Styles leading it.

#1-norm-fan
01-11-2016, 08:31 AM
I said it in another thread but Kenny Omega seems entirely too talented to have not gotten a shot somewhere in North America yet.

The CyNick
01-11-2016, 12:13 PM
I KNOW A TROLL TRAP WHEN I SEE ONE, COCKSUCKER.

Dont be scared man.

Lets talk Jap studs!

Innovator
01-11-2016, 12:14 PM
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x19i0lw?start=588" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19i0lw_hiroshi-tanahashi-vs-shinsuke-nakamura-njpw-wrestle-kingdom-8-2014_sport?start=588" target="_blank">Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Uppgreyedd" target="_blank">Uppgreyedd</a></i>

#BROKEN Hasney
01-11-2016, 03:19 PM
I said it in another thread but Kenny Omega seems entirely too talented to have not gotten a shot somewhere in North America yet.

He smacktalked about WWE developmental from his time there. Shame he might not be back.

Mr. Nerfect
01-11-2016, 05:11 PM
I'll read everything in here later, but I'd have Nakamura do a guest shot in the Rumble, but then work NXT until after Mania where he can gain proper traction and guys like Brock, Rock, Taker, etc. aren't around.

Evil Vito
01-11-2016, 05:34 PM
He smacktalked about WWE developmental from his time there. Shame he might not be back.

<font color=goldenrod>Omega's said that WWE has tried to sign him 3 times ever since he made the negative comments but he turned them down based on his bad experiences in Deep South.

I'm sure he would be way happier with NXT than he was with Deep South...but tough to blame him for not leaving Japan at this point.</font>

Simple Fan
01-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Yeah Omega probably going to get a huge push to. Him staying is good for NJPW and him. I'd say he win the Intercontinental Championship and could even get a IWGP Heavyweight title shot but Im not sure he wins it just yet.

hb2k
01-12-2016, 05:17 AM
He's not winning the IWGP, surely not.

Kenny Omega is okay, but I'm not as blown away by him as many seem to be. His character stuff sucks and has fallen flat for a full year now. The angle with him kicking out AJ was good, so lets hope he can turn it around as he becomes more serious.

Athletically he's great, but his selling is the shits. Ibushi had the same problem too when he first came aboard, but he adjusted and became tons better for it, so Omega can too. One thing he has going for him is that he's fearless as a personality, so once he finds what works, he'll go all out and it'll likely work really well. But it's more potential than a polished product for me with him.

CSL
01-12-2016, 10:18 AM
his overacting (for somebody who is supposed to be "serious") is ridiculous, even for pro wrestling

CSL
01-12-2016, 10:20 AM
https://scontent.fman1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12400786_944880408939486_5521595818308425589_n.jpg?oh=683d55ec7faa02fa00431417703a0fef&oe=574978B7

Heisenberg
01-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Any chance they bring Tajiri in to be Nakamura's kayfabe father leading to a storyline of Nakamura having a strict father who only cares about his son's education and not his dream of being the best Japanese wrestler ever?

*Tajiri is only 45, but it'd be funny. Bobby Lee being the failure son in the background of promos getting rice thrown at him would be icing

Innovator
01-12-2016, 11:04 AM
his overacting (for somebody who is supposed to be "serious") is ridiculous, even for pro wrestling

Yeah hopefully he tones down the ridiculousness

weather vane
01-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Tama Tonga coming too?

CSL
01-12-2016, 05:15 PM
nah. Or at least not yet. Which is kind of funny given he actually lives in Orlando.

Innovator
01-12-2016, 07:26 PM
As long as Haku comes with him

Simple Fan
01-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Tama Tonga coming too?

nah. Or at least not yet. Which is kind of funny given he actually lives in Orlando.

TPWW front page says he posted on Twitter that he was a free agent.

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2016, 07:45 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Dean Ambrose defend the Intercontinental Title against both Chris Jericho and Shinsuke Nakamura at WrestleMania now. The story could be Ambrose and Nakamura -- the two "lunatics" -- wanting to face each other to decide who the true Intercontinental Champion of the World is. Chris Jericho interjects because he feels that he is the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all-time. He turns heel on Nakamura and Ambrose at some point to give he feud some "base."

That match would be pretty awesome, but the Triple Threat nature still leaves stuff on the table for later.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-18-2016, 09:39 AM
So the current rumour about AJ Styles pay (and how desperate WWE feels their need for talent is right now):

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/01/16/pwtorch-report-how-a-j-styles-ended-up-in-wwe/

ROH offered him 6 figures. WWE topped it.

Also funny is when he left TNA, WWE offered him about $60k. Made a helluva name for himself since leaving.

Evil Vito
01-18-2016, 11:55 AM
<font color=goldenrod>There's also some new rumors from Meltzer about when Styles is currently planned to debut...

...the night after the Rumble. WWE feel he'd get a big pop from Orlando in the Rumble match, but want to present him as a big deal and so having him debut in a match he has no chance of winning might be counter-productive. They don't think his pop would be any smaller the next night in Miami.

I mean, I GET the thinking...but the Rumble is an event that draws even lapsed viewers and therefore if they think Styles showing up alone would cause people to tune in the next night it would be worth it. Let him have a good showing in the Rumble and maybe make a key elimination or two and it wouldn't hurt Styles at all.

drave
01-18-2016, 12:16 PM
Would be great if they had him in the rumble with a key elimination and then build said elimination into a feud.

Not sure who I would like to see him in a program with at the moment, but he is pretty versatile and can work with anyone. Inject him into the US title scene. It would make it fresh and maybe he could do the "open challenge" gimmick to get established.

Innovator
01-18-2016, 12:19 PM
They can always have him debut at the Rumble and eliminate someone, just not be an entrant

#BROKEN Hasney
01-18-2016, 01:19 PM
They can always have him debut at the Rumble and eliminate someone, just not be an entrant

They've been pushing the Bullet Club thing a bit, or at least they've given permission for others to do it. Maybe either eliminating or helping a Rumble debuting Balor?

Wonder if they're going to keep his name. Seems like they're treating him as a big deal to the point where they might keep it.

drave
01-18-2016, 01:39 PM
His WWE name will just be "AJ".

NO LAST NAMES IN WWE (except for Cena). Before he retires, he will just be "Cena".

Innovator
01-18-2016, 01:44 PM
It's kinda hard to get around the massive AJ on his side

drave
01-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Unless they make him dress up like a power ranger.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-18-2016, 05:57 PM

Michael Cole: "Rumor has it that he was a huge fan of former Diva AJ."

Simple Fan
01-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Vince: Hey AJ is there anyway you can tet the A changed to a B and we'll call you BJ Styles.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-19-2016, 03:26 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oxRmllTBBZRE4vaAo/giphy.gif

Mr. Nerfect
01-20-2016, 03:58 AM
I would rather see Shinsuke Nakamura in the Rumble than AJ Styles.

Mr. Nerfect
01-20-2016, 03:59 AM
If they do debut Styles in the Rumble, it would make perfect sense for The Bullet Club to target Roman Reigns to earn the favor of WWE management. They should just mug him in the ring and toss him after he's spent some energy eliminating a few guys from the start of the match.

This can build to Roman Reigns & The Usos vs. The Bullet Club at WrestleMania.

Mr. Nerfect
01-20-2016, 04:08 AM
Well, I guess you could run Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles and The Usos vs. The Bullet Club in separate matches.

Simple Fan
01-20-2016, 07:51 PM
Nope, WWE will have the Wyatts job to Bullet Club at WM. Can see it now, Wyatts are cleaninf house and AJ eliminates Wyatt. At Fastlane Bálor, Gallows, and Anderson show up to even the odds and set up a Wrestlemania match.

Fignuts
01-20-2016, 08:39 PM
I would rather see Shinsuke Nakamura in the Rumble than AJ Styles.

Surprise debut would be wasted on nakamura imo. Would get a "who" reaction even if he shined in the rumble itself. He's a guy where I think tne impact of his debut can only be maximized with vingettes and proper hype from the announcers.

AJ is at least fairly well known, so a surprise debut works fine.

Simple Fan
01-20-2016, 09:11 PM
Orlando really is the best place to debut Styles to.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-21-2016, 03:49 AM
Styles is scheduled to be at the Royal Rumble this Sunday in Orlando, Florida as well as this week's Raw and Smackdown tapings in Miami and Tampa, respectively. Styles teased his debut over the weekend in The UK, noting on the mic at a RevPro event that should a Rumble match slot be "open for him", he would take it.

Whether he debuts at the Rumble PPV (and how he debuts) remains to be seen, but AJ Styles will be making his WWE debut very soon.

Hnnnnggggg. I will be watching the Rumble just in case, even thought I think it'll be a snooze fest in general.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-21-2016, 03:56 AM

Yeah but that tattoo is his son's initials. It's not about the AJ Styles name.

drave
01-21-2016, 07:21 AM

Doesn't change the fucking giant letters on his side. Jesus titty fucking christ.

CSL
01-21-2016, 07:47 AM

it's all of his kids initials, as well as his own

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2016, 03:10 AM
If AJ Styles is in the Royal Rumble, it only really makes sense to have him debut in a big way. What bigger way than making an impact by being the one to eliminate Roman Reigns? Everyone thinks we're getting Triple H vs. Reigns at WrestleMania, but maybe they can come through with The Rock wrestling Triple H. In that case, maybe they run Reigns vs. Styles?

Blonde Moment
01-22-2016, 07:02 AM
If AJ Styles is in the Royal Rumble, it only really makes sense to have him debut in a big way. What bigger way than making an impact by being the one to eliminate Roman Reigns? Everyone thinks we're getting Triple H vs. Reigns at WrestleMania, but maybe they can come through with The Rock wrestling Triple H. In that case, maybe they run Reigns vs. Styles?

AJ Styles/Daniel Bryan feud as Styles comes out and ruins Daniel Bryan's WWe return in the Rumble.

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2016, 10:01 AM
That could work too. Bryan vs. Styles at WrestleMania would indeed rock.

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2016, 10:02 AM
For some reason I like the idea of Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles too. Maybe they don't even really bother with The Bullet Club idea right away, and just have Styles be Styles and keep the Club in the back pocket.

The CyNick
01-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Effective use of Styles in Florida between Rumble and RAW.

I remain skeptical about him in the long run though. I dont think he brings anything special to the table that WWE doesnt already have.

NormanSmiley
01-26-2016, 12:44 PM

I remain skeptical about him in the long run though. I dont think he brings anything special to the table that WWE doesnt already have.

As always in total agreement with cynick. Well located state to debut him in. Much less of a pop laat night in miami. For all the hoopla the internet gives this guy, he brings a look and style that wwe has had before and already has. Once the "aj styles" is finally in the wwe sets in and the fans get frustrated that they didnt bring in all his clique right away and make him instachampion,he will be just another guy on the roster the size of tyler breeze with a southern accent

Simple Fan
01-26-2016, 12:57 PM
I think bringing him in was a great idea and dont think he will have any problems getting Florida isnt the only place he is well known and he will be a good draw for their tours overseas and a big draw when they go back to Japan. lt all depends on how WWE uses him though, which has been pretty goid so far.

CSL
01-26-2016, 01:12 PM

neither did Daniel Bryan and things worked out okay for him. Nobody alive thinks he's the 'saviour' or thinks he's going to be some kind of record setting headline babyface. But the AJ 'attraction' is that bell to bell, he is in the conversation when it comes to the very best wrestlers in the world. And there are only a handful of those guys alive, let alone just WWE. And that's more important to them now more than ever. So I think he brings a little bit of 'special' to the table.

Funky Fly is back
01-26-2016, 01:26 PM
They are all good wrestlers. Also hi everyone, good to be back.

Fignuts
01-26-2016, 01:29 PM
snap

#BROKEN Hasney
01-26-2016, 01:54 PM
neither did Daniel Bryan and things worked out okay for him. Nobody alive thinks he's the 'saviour' or thinks he's going to be some kind of record setting headline babyface. But the AJ 'attraction' is that bell to bell, he is in the conversation when it comes to the very best wrestlers in the world. And there are only a handful of those guys alive, let alone just WWE. And that's more important to them now more than ever. So I think he brings a little bit of 'special' to the table.

Yup, and between a couple of the NXT guys, a returning Rollins, Nakamura coming in and maybe one day Daniel Bryan to face AJ, that's one helluva upper mid card/main event picture depending on how the crowd takes to him.

NormanSmiley
01-26-2016, 02:47 PM
when vince dies one day all the 215 pound guys are gonna run the show, it will finally be their time

The CyNick
01-26-2016, 06:52 PM
As always in total agreement with cynick. Well located state to debut him in. Much less of a pop laat night in miami. For all the hoopla the internet gives this guy, he brings a look and style that wwe has had before and already has. Once the "aj styles" is finally in the wwe sets in and the fans get frustrated that they didnt bring in all his clique right away and make him instachampion,he will be just another guy on the roster the size of tyler breeze with a southern accent

Yeah I just don't see his appeal

He's a guy who has spent the majority of his career working in front of crowds that don't pay for tickets who see him as a stud.

Even his match was Jericho was good, but wasn't anywhere close to great. Now granted they haven't worked together to get chemistry, but I just see this guy being exposed now that he's on the big stage.

Simple Fan
01-26-2016, 06:59 PM
Exposed how? Its not going to be in his in ring abilities as hes probably one of the better wrestlers on the roster. I thought his match with Jericho was pretty goid considering they had never worked together before. I dont think having a southern accent is going to hurt him either, that just sounds ridiculous.

The CyNick
01-26-2016, 07:01 PM

We'll see. People often forget that the majority of guys in WWE are really good. A lot of guys in NXT are really good.

I hope he does well. I just think he would have been more effective in NXT exclusively.

Lock Jaw
01-26-2016, 07:07 PM
Biggest problem is his look.... Looks "almost exactly" like Justin Gabriel now, and we were taught not to care about that guy....

CSL
01-26-2016, 07:15 PM
We'll see. People often forget that the majority of guys in WWE are really good. A lot of guys in NXT are really good.

I hope he does well. I just think he would have been more effective in NXT exclusively.

WWE definitely has plenty of really good guys, people don't forget that. But there is a big difference between "really good" and "world class".

Simple Fan
01-26-2016, 07:34 PM
WWE is full of really good guys that get presnted like shit.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Biggest problem is his look.... Looks "almost exactly" like Justin Gabriel now, and we were taught not to care about that guy....

He looks tiiiiiiiny as well. In good shape though.

In saying that, they dropped quite a bit of money on AJ and I think plan on using him at least for a bit. He will get "WWE"ized as everyone does but I think it will generally go well. He'll be a nice attraction in the upper mid card against the likes of Ambrose and Owens etc.

The CyNick
01-26-2016, 11:12 PM
WWE definitely has plenty of really good guys, people don't forget that. But there is a big difference between "really good" and "world class".

Its only been two shows, but nothing about AJ screams world class to me.

I know you probably watch all his TNA and the Japanese junk, but that's all big fish in a small pond stuff. Lots of guys can look good there. Now he's in the Atlantic Ocean, there are sharks everywhere. If he can stand up among them, my hats off to the guy. But he seems like a Neville level guy to me with slightly more charisma.

The CyNick
01-26-2016, 11:13 PM
WWE is full of really good guys that get presnted like shit.

Its always "the man's" fault, not the dude in the mirror.

Are you a millennial?

Simple Fan
01-26-2016, 11:30 PM
I dont even know what the fuck a mellennial is. WWE has a track record of giving realky talented workers shit gimmicks and start and stop pushes. Im not shouting at "the man" just telling truths.

The CyNick
01-27-2016, 12:01 AM
I dont even know what the fuck a mellennial is. WWE has a track record of giving realky talented workers shit gimmicks and start and stop pushes. Im not shouting at "the man" just telling truths.

Such as who exactly?

My experience is most guys who didnt reach their potential it was due to their own shortcomings - ie attitude, drugs, lack of charisma, etc etc

#1-norm-fan
01-27-2016, 12:05 AM
Of course it was always their fault somehow. Because otherwise, you'd have to admit WWE's ability to book stars nowadays is less than stellar. And that would make the CyNickWWEBOOKING#1 bot malfunction.

Simple Fan
01-27-2016, 12:31 AM
Such as who? My experience is most guys who didn't reach their potential it was due to their own shortcomings - ie attitude, drugs, lack of charisma, etc etc

Wasnt really taling about people that have left the company. Plenty of examples on the main roster.
Ziggler- really over and had main event potential a few years ago after getting rid of the Athority. Really good but used as a mid card gatekeeper in my opinion

Fandango- Dumb gimmick, talented worker. He even got it over before haveing his push stalled

Jack Swagger-Oh my is We the People over and WWE continues to not take advantage of it.

Sandow-Charasmatic as any superstar on the roster and has gotten every gimmick he had over.

Not asking for them to be main event guys but at keast give them somthing to work with thats got some depth.

Lock Jaw
01-27-2016, 12:36 AM
Sandow pretty meh. Was horrified when he won Money in the Bank and I thought that they were actually going to put the title on him.

Simple Fan
01-27-2016, 12:41 AM
Didnt like him winning MITB either but that was another by product having 2 World titles.

#1-norm-fan
01-27-2016, 12:44 AM
He probably wasn't a world title guy at the time. He definitely wasn't a world title guy during the Mizdow gimmick. But he was always talented as fuck and he got over. The fact that he's spent so much time just doing nothing now is retarded.

CSL
01-27-2016, 07:53 AM
Its only been two shows, but nothing about AJ screams world class to me.

I know you probably watch all his TNA and the Japanese junk, but that's all big fish in a small pond stuff. Lots of guys can look good there. Now he's in the Atlantic Ocean, there are sharks everywhere. If he can stand up among them, my hats off to the guy. But he seems like a Neville level guy to me with slightly more charisma.

lol your commitment to slightly changing the wording of the same point repeatedly and adding absolutely nothing to it in every thread is almost commendable. I almost can't work out if that or the super pro WWE stuff is your gimmick here. We could have been beautiful The Cynick, WE COULD HAVE BEEN BEAUTIFUL :'(

Big Vic
01-27-2016, 08:48 AM
AJ Styles will be upper midcard nothing more.

CSL
01-27-2016, 09:50 AM
I don't think anybody is expecting him to be a headliner barring something unforeseen/a huge stroke of luck/something unexpected catching on and the WWE machine doing it's thing, he doesn't have all "the tools" on his own

Evil Vito
01-27-2016, 10:08 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Went ahead and watched Jericho/Styles. Was pretty good. Not quite as good as I was expecting but I suspect they may have been holding some things off for a PPV match at Fastlane. Could also just be that Jericho's just needed to slow his style down a tad now he's in his mid-40s whereas if this match had been done in the early 2000s it would have been a lot different.

Speaking of which, I think Jericho vs. Styles was the very first feud I booked in EWR way back in like 2003. Pretty cool to see that match finally happen for real.</font>

#BROKEN Hasney
01-27-2016, 10:14 AM
I don't think anybody is expecting him to be a headliner barring something unforeseen/a huge stroke of luck/something unexpected catching on and the WWE machine doing it's thing, he doesn't have all "the tools" on his own

Yeah, the idea of bringing him and Nakamura in is for an exciting midcard with some of the NXT guys I believe. Have some solid matches and programs to keep thethe hardcore coming back that they've lost with the current product so they try to appease a few audiences at once.

The CyNick
01-27-2016, 11:40 AM
Wasnt really taling about people that have left the company. Plenty of examples on the main roster.
Ziggler- really over and had main event potential a few years ago after getting rid of the Athority. Really good but used as a mid card gatekeeper in my opinion

Fandango- Dumb gimmick, talented worker. He even got it over before haveing his push stalled

Jack Swagger-Oh my is We the People over and WWE continues to not take advantage of it.

Sandow-Charasmatic as any superstar on the roster and has gotten every gimmick he had over.

Not asking for them to be main event guys but at keast give them somthing to work with thats got some depth.

Yeah not trying to dismiss you here, but I don't think any of those had more potential than what they got. Fandango and Sandow are both Curtain jerkers. Fun curtain jerkers, but never had the IT factor.

Ziggler was and is a semi main event hand. He's a guy you can stick in there with other guys and give you a good little match. Up until the last 6 or 12 months I would say he's been pushed really hard. Always at or near the top of the card. But then he stated to run his mouth publically and ventured into other forms of entertainment. Hard to put the machine behind someone who has one foot out the door.

The CyNick
01-27-2016, 11:43 AM
He probably wasn't a world title guy at the time. He definitely wasn't a world title guy during the Mizdow gimmick. But he was always talented as fuck and he got over. The fact that he's spent so much time just doing nothing now is retarded.

Do you think Santino had main event potential? Not sure how old you are, but what about Hacksaw Jim Duggan? Some guys can be super over with crowds, but it's due to comedy. It's fine to do that to get your foot in the door, but eventually you have to pivot to bring able to be more than comedy. None of those guys were effective at doing that. Sandow for my money is in the same boat.

There's no conspiracy holding these guys back.

The CyNick
01-27-2016, 11:48 AM
lol your commitment to slightly changing the wording of the same point repeatedly and adding absolutely nothing to it in every thread is almost commendable. I almost can't work out if that or the super pro WWE stuff is your gimmick here. We could have been beautiful The Cynick, WE COULD HAVE BEEN BEAUTIFUL :'(

I don't run in crews. So it wouldn't have worked out.

No spin here. I am fairly ignorant when it comes to Styles. I'm generally skeptical about a guy who has only worked indies and Japan for as long as he has. Makes me think there are serious holes in his game. I have no skin in the game, I hope he's super successful. I just haven't seen anything that makes me sit back and say "WOW this guy is a going to be a star". I get he has a small following, but I don't think that in itself means he will get over to the level WWE wants him to.

#1-norm-fan
01-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Do you think Santino had main event potential?

How many times are you gonna reply to people saying "This guy is super talented and over. It's silly that WWE doesn't feature him somewhere on the show." with the "You think this guy should be a main eventer!? lol" response? I've seriously said this AT LEAST 3 times by now and you refuse to grasp this simple fucking point. You really do struggle with comprehending points to a mentally challenged level. Either that or you're so desperate to avoid shit that fucks up your narrative that you don't care how incredibly stupid you sound.

#1-norm-fan
01-27-2016, 12:07 PM
Gonna just quote the same response I had last time CyNick gave the same braindead response.

Just realizing that CyNick's inability to understand that there's a huge world to take advantage of between "nothing" and "main event" is the same problem WWE seems to have. Things are making sense.

I can actually see some writer pitching an idea for Damien Sandow for a good, entertaining mid to upper-midcard story that is showcased somewhere in the middle of Raw every week and Vince responding with "Fuck that, he's not a main eventer!"

Sepholio
01-27-2016, 12:36 PM
I bet The CyNick has nightmares about getting brutally beat down like a girly man by The Macho Mandow OOOOOOOOOOHHHH YEEEEEAAAHHHHHH

Simple Fan
01-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Yeah not trying to dismiss you here, but I don't think any of those had more potential than what they got. Fandango and Sandow are both Curtain jerkers. Fun curtain jerkers, but never had the IT factor.

Ziggler was and is a semi main event hand. He's a guy you can stick in there with other guys and give you a good little match. Up until the last 6 or 12 months I would say he's been pushed really hard. Always at or near the top of the card. But then he stated to run his mouth publically and ventured into other forms of entertainment. Hard to put the machine behind someone who has one foot out the door.

I mean do you just think of dumb stuff to say. Their top guy (Cena) has his feet in so many doors an octopus would struggle to keep up. Ziggler having a comedy act shouldnt hurt his position with the company. Ziggler just resigned withh WWE last year, if he had one foot out the door he would have left then.

NormanSmiley
01-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Why didnt they stick with the vickie and dolph sleazy boy toy story? That to me is when dolph really seemed legit cause he could be a chicken shit heel. He's been bland as fuck any other way. Didnt they turn him face with punks girl? I forget

#1-norm-fan
01-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Fandango has the size, the look, the charisma, the in-ring skills... Take away the comedy gimmick and he's face of the company material. There's literally nothing he doesn't have. Push him hard, make him the champ eventually and then throw him out on media appearances and he makes the company look like a million bucks.

CSL
01-27-2016, 01:11 PM
I don't run in crews. So it wouldn't have worked out.

I kind of meant the opposite boff

NormanSmiley
01-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Fandango has the size, the look, the charisma, the in-ring skills... Take away the comedy gimmick and he's face of the company material. There's literally nothing he doesn't have. Push him hard, make him the champ eventually and then throw him out on media appearances and he makes the company look like a million bucks.

If he had an actual name and lost the shit gimmick absolutely. If you are in his spot what do you do though, how do you go to creative and say hey I tried but we all knew your idea was stupid. Uncomfortable position for him

The CyNick
01-27-2016, 05:39 PM
I mean do you just think of dumb stuff to say. Their top guy (Cena) has his feet in so many doors an octopus would struggle to keep up. Ziggler having a comedy act shouldnt hurt his position with the company. Ziggler just resigned withh WWE last year, if he had one foot out the door he would have left then.

John Cena had never missed time for an outside protect to my knowledge prior to this past fall. He's been the ultimate company guy.

It's fine Dolph wants to be a comic. But if he wants to be THE GUY in the company, he needs to be ready to be fully dedicated. If I was WWE brass and I see a guy actively branching out to another form of entertainment, I pump the breaks in pushing him. Sure he can be a guy on the show every week, but I don't want all my eggs in his basket

CSL
01-27-2016, 08:51 PM
ooooshhhh they just announced Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn @ Takeover: Dallas during WM weekend. Pretty perfect spot really given it'll probably be quite a "smarky" crowd so he should get a huge reaction

Simple Fan
01-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Should be good, dont guess Sami/Owens will be happening at WM now.

mitch_h
01-27-2016, 10:21 PM
I'm optimistic about Styles. I don't think WWE is nearly as hostile towards workrate guys as people make them out to be, even when the guys are a bit lacking in other areas, I mean I was happy when Daniel Bryan was signed but I never thought he would go as far as he did, and guys like Cesaro may have not where we wanted him to be, but it was not like he was treated like a Curtis Axel or Adam Rose.

CSL is right when he said AJ is world class talent and it takes a lot of work and dedication to get as good as AJ is, and I think that work and dedication will go far in the WWE, and while ROH, TNA and Japan may be "small ponds" it does take a versatile talent to dominate all three of them and then land a WWE contract.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-28-2016, 02:02 AM
ooooshhhh they just announced Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn @ Takeover: Dallas during WM weekend. Pretty perfect spot really given it'll probably be quite a "smarky" crowd so he should get a huge reaction

I thought they said he was skipping NXT, but damn, am I glad he's not with that match.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2016, 05:02 AM
AJ has something marketable to him. I know because it's something I could identify as a mark in The Rock, Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam. Styles is "cool" in the way that "cool people" are cool. He can do cool moves, he walk out on the stage and look cool, and people will genuinely love him.

No, I don't think he will be as big as The Rock. His presence isn't as extroverted as that. But he's got that inherent "what a wrestler" charisma. He'll make a good action figure, video game character, TV shirt clothesline and he'll have great matches to boot. Not worried about AJ Styles in the slightest.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-28-2016, 02:33 PM
AJ has something marketable to him. I know because it's something I could identify as a mark in The Rock, Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam. Styles is "cool" in the way that "cool people" are cool. He can do cool moves, he walk out on the stage and look cool, and people will genuinely love him.

No, I don't think he will be as big as The Rock. His presence isn't as extroverted as that. But he's got that inherent "what a wrestler" charisma. He'll make a good action figure, video game character, TV shirt clothesline and he'll have great matches to boot. Not worried about AJ Styles in the slightest.

The thing with AJ is that he has a ton of in ring charisma since he stopped looking and acting like a goober like he did in TNA up until his last angle where he found his current look... But that's not enough to be 'the guy' in WWE.

He may have changed his look and attitude to not be a goober, but he'll always talk like a goober. Which is a shame, because just on in ring action, it's been between him and Nakamura for the past couple of years as who has 'it' the most.

Although to be fair, Omega is probably uo there now as well.

Jari
01-28-2016, 05:29 PM
What's that thing they like to say in the WWE - "Perception is reality"

Well if that's the case, then by the reaction AJ got when he made his debut at the Rumble the perception amongst WWE fans (even ones who have no clue what TNA is or what it used to be) has to be that AJ Styles is a star and a big deal. If the WWE run with that and book him as a star then he has all the chance in the world of getting over huge with the WWE audience.

I watched him in TNA and having watched his development in Japan, I think he is entering the WWE at the perfect time, at his absolute best. He always had the talent but his psychology has improved immeasurably since he returned to TNA as the loner character.

I'm optimistic with him and I hope they end up going with him vs Kevin Owens at Wrestlemania. As I said in either the Raw or Royal Rumble thread, put those two together in the ring and you have to Wrestlemania 32 what Orton vs Rollins was to Wrestlemania 31.

Tom Guycott
01-28-2016, 07:02 PM

... unless that's what WWE plans for you, you mean.

No bones have been made about this exact thing being the endgame for being behind Roman from the get go. But someone other than pre-picked people wanting to try their hand at other shit? Preposterous!

And Zigs has never truly been consistently pushed. He is one of those start/stop victims.

One of the biggest problems with WWE booking is exactly what you said about Sandow and Fandango: the idea that certain people are "fun curtain jerkers" and nothing more. If they get presented that way all the time, people will ultimately think just that. WWE themselves have the ability to change ghat perception for a good majority of their roster. They just don't.

Right now, you have AJ Styles. The major knock I've read in this thread is how he doesn't have anything others on the roster don't. I disagree. He has his name. In spite of the WWE idea of "TNA doesn't exist", people who watch wrestling know who the fucking guy is. He got a good pop at the Rumble simply from the word "phenomenal" appearing on a screen. His match with Jericho, while nothing earth-shaking, was pretty damn decent considering they haven't crossed paths. In-ring, it was back and forth enough to give AJ footing to show a WWE crowd (kayfabe wise) he "can hang with a big name". He also is a decent wrestler. The teasing of the heel turn by Chris also opens a door for a feud, which would give AJ something to do on TV to help those unfamiliar give a shit. There announce team did something they rarely seemed to do since the departure of JR: put over in-ring talent that isn't Cena being "freakishly strong" or something to blow smoke over everyone about Roman. (Although, to be fair, it *is* getting better... but it is slow going, and likely out of neccessity with the whole plague of injuries issue- they HAVE to try to put people over in the booth).

And they did it to the guy who was, for quite awhile, the FRANCHISE of that wrestling show that doesn't exist. They could have just as easily planted the usual "who is this goof?" Or "He doesn't belong here!" types of ear worms that don't shine decent light on up-and-coming talent. The only remaining obstacle is if, after the assumed feud with Jericho is over, he gets demoted to Main Event duty and is not seen for like 6-8 months on a show people actually watch.

It is a good start in presentation. His only flaw might be his promo ability (I don't mean his accent), and Jeff Hardy became a goddamn megastar years ago with less ability on the stick than AJ. And this shouldn't have to be prefaced (but of course it does), I'm not suggesting AJ gets a rocket up his ass and he headlines WrestleMania for the championship, but not automatically pigeonhole him into a curtain-jerking position just because he isn't tall like Strowman or fondly remembered from WCW like Sting, either.

weather vane
02-06-2016, 01:43 AM
Rattled if they don't get Nakamura's theme... Rattled.

Fignuts
02-06-2016, 05:38 AM
Rattled if they don't get Nakamura's theme... Rattled.

Truth.

Probably one of my favorite themes in all of wrestling.

Simple Fan
04-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Well there all here now. Nakamura had one hell of a debut and should be a star in WWE. Gallows and Anderson's debut was interesting and felt like a Hall and Nash situation. Is AJ going to be the 3rd guy, maybe Finn, maybe both? Could just be a tag team to with no one else. Really interested to see where they go with them.

The Condor
04-15-2016, 01:01 AM
Gallows and Anderson's debut was interesting and felt like a Hall and Nash situation.

I know that a lot of people are excited for this, but can we please dial down the hyperbole. Nothing about their debut was even in the same hemisphere as the Outsiders. At all.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-15-2016, 04:13 AM
Well I don't know Condor. Not saying they will BE Hall and Nash, but keep in Mind Scott Hall came out and cut a promo during a Mike Enos match.

They came out with nice heat, you can only see where it goes from here. Hopefully at worst it's those two beasts squashing the Usos.

The Condor
04-15-2016, 04:32 AM
Well I don't know Condor. Not saying they will BE Hall and Nash, but keep in Mind Scott Hall came out and cut a promo during a Mike Enos match.

They came out with nice heat, you can only see where it goes from here. Hopefully at worst it's those two beasts squashing the Usos.

Showing up on RAW unannounced is where the comparison ends, though.

Hall and Nash were top guys for the competition. They were well known, and even if WCW fans didn't watch the WWF product chances are they remembered these guys from their runs a few years earlier. I would surmise that only maybe 20-25% of the RAW audience was aware of Anderson and Gallows in Japan. Therefore, vocal smarks are excited, but the overall audience isn't thinking "oh shit, this is a big deal," especially when a lot of guys have debuted in such a way the passed two decades.

Also, there really wasn't a proliferation of smarks and dirtsheets in 1996-- kayfabe was still alive and the entire ordeal came across as confusing, exciting, and legit. It had intrigue. This, taken for what it is so far, is not. It's two guys attacking a stale and flagging tag team from the crowd.

For the record, I am not saying that the club will fail or that this is off on the wrong foot at all. But the Outsiders were a big deal JUST for showing up and cutting promos, wreaking havoc, etc... and I think that 2 decades later, with a WWE monopoly, the meteoric impact of Nash and Hall is being severely undersold. The whatever they're going to name it Club could be the reincarnation of the NWO, but it's a hackeneyed comparison to make after their appearance on RAW. It is not industry or history changing, it is just introducing new characters in the universe at this point.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-15-2016, 06:54 AM

Hall and Nash were top guys for the competition. They were well known, and even if WCW fans didn't watch the WWF product chances are they remembered these guys from their runs a few years earlier. I would surmise that only maybe 20-25% of the RAW audience was aware of Anderson and Gallows in Japan. Therefore, vocal smarks are excited, but the overall audience isn't thinking "oh shit, this is a big deal," especially when a lot of guys have debuted in such a way the passed two decades.

Also, there really wasn't a proliferation of smarks and dirtsheets in 1996-- kayfabe was still alive and the entire ordeal came across as confusing, exciting, and legit. It had intrigue. This, taken for what it is so far, is not. It's two guys attacking a stale and flagging tag team from the crowd.

For the record, I am not saying that the club will fail or that this is off on the wrong foot at all. But the Outsiders were a big deal JUST for showing up and cutting promos, wreaking havoc, etc... and I think that 2 decades later, with a WWE monopoly, the meteoric impact of Nash and Hall is being severely undersold. The whatever they're going to name it Club could be the reincarnation of the NWO, but it's a hackeneyed comparison to make after their appearance on RAW. It is not industry or history changing, it is just introducing new characters in the universe at this point.

It's a similar entrance, but I do agree generally. It was a pretty cool way to debut them and with them coming from NJPW, they probably are coming from the #2 promotion so unless they did it with AJ and Nakamura when they came in, it probably is the closest we could get to Nash and Hall in 2016. Who else could they do it with, Roode and Young? :lol:

Heisenberg
04-15-2016, 09:02 AM

He'll always be Festus to me, I don't know what else other fans expect, but this is Tensai all over again. He'll get over this Biker Festus gimmick and return to form soon

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-15-2016, 09:43 AM
He'll always be Festus to me, I don't know what else other fans expect, but this is Tensai all over again. He'll get over this Biker Festus gimmick and return to form soon

He finished his wwe run AS Luke Gallows though so the WWE fans have seen him switch gimmicks already.

Heisenberg
04-15-2016, 09:58 AM
I still remember Albert coming back form Japan as Tensai and they scrapped that. I'm just hoping for more Festus. It'll come years down the road in a battle royal

Ruien
04-15-2016, 10:01 AM
It's a similar entrance, but I do agree generally. It was a pretty cool way to debut them and with them coming from NJPW, they probably are coming from the #2 promotion so unless they did it with AJ and Nakamura when they came in, it probably is the closest we could get to Nash and Hall in 2016. Who else could they do it with, Roode and Young? :lol:

Just because this is the closest thing to the Outsiders does not make it comparable to the Outsiders arriving in WCW. Most likely nothing ever will.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-15-2016, 10:31 AM
I still remember Albert coming back form Japan as Tensai and they scrapped that. I'm just hoping for more Festus. It'll come years down the road in a battle royal

Tensai was also a terrible gimmick and was always going to get shit on. It's a little different to BMF the jumps over the rail and bashes some dudes.

Even Bray started as Husky Harris, and it was so obvious it was the same guy so you did hear the chants at first, but they died down due to the strength of his character work.

Evil Vito
04-15-2016, 11:20 AM
Imagine if Gallows and Anderson had debuted exactly as they did on Monday except Gallows' name is now "Festus Gallows". Would've been impossible to take him seriously.

Evil Vito
04-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Or they could have pulled a name out of the NXT Name Generator and called him Festus L. Fakekane

Evil Vito
04-15-2016, 11:21 AM
or Sex Ferguson

The Condor
04-15-2016, 12:12 PM
or Sex Ferguson

Too close to Turd Ferguson

Innovator
04-15-2016, 02:34 PM
or Sex Ferguson

or Dorian Deville

Emperor Smeat
04-16-2016, 12:03 AM
In regards to Gallows & Anderson's debut comparisons to Hall & Nash's debut, even if both guys fail to pull off the Outsiders vibe, the WWE still has the "who's the 3rd man" mystery surrounding their debut.

Similar to how Hogan generated more interest than Nash and Hall when he was revealed, Finn Balor or AJ Styles will do the same once the Club gets officially formed.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2016, 03:52 AM
I still say put them with Reigns. Have them screw Styles and watch people go up in arms about it. You can reference their history, and the reason they give for turning on AJ is that they're big players now and don't have a use for Styles. The Usos can also be like "What the fuck, bro?" to Roman, and you can run some fun television six-man tags.

The Condor
04-17-2016, 07:45 PM
In regards to Gallows & Anderson's debut comparisons to Hall & Nash's debut, even if both guys fail to pull off the Outsiders vibe, the WWE still has the "who's the 3rd man" mystery surrounding their debut.

Similar to how Hogan generated more interest than Nash and Hall when he was revealed, Finn Balor or AJ Styles will do the same once the Club gets officially formed.

Has there been any hints to a third man? I don't follow the twitter, but has there been scuttlebutt there? Regardless, we don't need a rehash of the NWO, just let these guys be themselves and do what they do best.

In another thread I lamented how NXT fans try to peg up and coming guys as "the next______", and this is a blatant case of it. Sami Zayn is not Daniel Bryan, Apollo Crews is not Ahmed Johnson or Bobby Lashley, Bullet Club is not the NWO, and Asuka is not Bull Nakano. As wrestling fans, we ought to let them blaze their own trails before putting ridiculous expectations on them. Tyler Breeze is no Rick Martel, and the Ascension is no Demolition, and we ought not peg anybody else with someone else's gimmick or look.

Emperor Smeat
04-17-2016, 08:08 PM
Finn and Anderson have made several tweets joking about the situation and the WWE themselves also teasing a Balor Club possibly forming with Finn's merch and recent interviews. Doesn't mean Finn will be the third man but prior to Styles arriving in the WWE and sudden WWE title shot, he made the most sense as the possible boss.

A very reliable source from within the WWE who leaked a bunch of stuff recently basically hinted the WWE has plans to rehash the Outsiders/nWo angle with Anderson & Gallows. Even the Observer's own sources hinted that was a major reason why the WWE did its recent NJPW talent raid.

Swiss Ultimate
11-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Finn and Anderson have made several tweets joking about the situation and the WWE themselves also teasing a Balor Club possibly forming with Finn's merch and recent interviews. Doesn't mean Finn will be the third man but prior to Styles arriving in the WWE and sudden WWE title shot, he made the most sense as the possible boss.

A very reliable source from within the WWE who leaked a bunch of stuff recently basically hinted the WWE has plans to rehash the Outsiders/nWo angle with Anderson & Gallows. Even the Observer's own sources hinted that was a major reason why the WWE did its recent NJPW talent raid.

Did this happen?

Destor
11-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Less than 25% of the observers "reports" happen

Destor
11-08-2017, 07:05 PM
But hey people watch cnnn everyday so whatever