PDA

View Full Version : Official Wrestlemania 32 Card Prediction Thread

Jordan
01-25-2016, 09:30 AM
Rumble Results -
-------------------------------------------------
Triple H wins and is the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion - set up with Roman Reigns

Wyatt Family set up with Lesnar

Ambrose and Jericho possible set up

Owens and Zayn possible or AJ Styles and Owens

---------------------------------------------------

Charlotte over Lynch set up with Banks

Kalisto over Del Rio

New Day over The Uso's

Ambrose over Owens

Predict the card! Make it work!

Theo Dious
01-25-2016, 09:32 AM
This is kind of out there but, maybe something with Taker & Lesnar vs Wyatt and Strowman?

Jordan
01-25-2016, 09:34 AM
I was thinking that as well. Possibly Taker/Kane/Lesnar vs The Wyatt Family

Jordan
01-25-2016, 09:34 AM
That is if John Cena doesn't return, I still think Cena/Taker would be a huge advantage to the card as a whole.

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Cena-Taker would give the card a viable "big fight feel" main event. As it stands, it doesn't seem like there will be one for what's intended to be the "biggest WrestleMania ever".

Assuming Cena can't go, I was also thinking they might mix in the Wyatt feuds and have Brock and Taker team up against them though. It would be weird and predictable. Taker has owned Wyatt by himself and with a much less credible ally. Putting Lesnar on his side wouldn't exactly make it more of an intriguing matchup. But I can see them doing it.

It would probably serve them best to stretch out the matches with star power though because without Cena or any of the part-timers, the card is probably gonna be a bunch of matches that are interchangeable with any other PPV.

Blonde Moment
01-25-2016, 12:49 PM
Would love to see Owen/Taker

Heisenberg
01-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Would love to see Owen/Taker

one of them is dead, the other just portrays a dead guy

Simple Fan
01-25-2016, 01:34 PM
HHH vs Reigns for the WWE WHC

Brock Lesner vs Bray Wyatt

Kane vs Taker

Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho for the IC title

Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles

Stardust vs Sting

New Day vs Wyatt Family for the Tag Team titles

Kalisto vs Ziggler for the US title

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks ladder match for the Divas title.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battal Royal

Jordan
01-25-2016, 04:49 PM
As of this post this is my prediction card complete with bold lettering.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Special Guest Referee Stone Cold Steve Austin
Triple H w/Stephanie & Vince McMahon vs Roman Reigns w/The Rock & Rhonda Rousey

Hell in a Cell
Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt

The Undertaker vs Braun Strowman

8-Man Tag
The League of Nations vs AJ Styles, Neville, Kalisto & Dolph Ziggler

WWE Diva's Championship
Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Paige

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day vs The Wyatt Family vs The Uso's vs Big Show & Kane

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2016, 05:08 PM
Almost the same as mine:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt

The Undertaker vs. John Cena

5-Way for the Divas Championship
Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Paige vs. Natalya

Triple Threat Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn

Fatal 4-Way for the WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) vs. The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Mark Henry & Jack Swagger

8-Man Tag Team Match
Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, King Barrett & Rusev vs. AJ Styles, Kalisto, Neville & Dolph Ziggler

Simple Fan
01-25-2016, 07:38 PM
Whats the chances of a AJ Styles/Nakumara rematch at WM. I would be all for it and would like it better than throwing him in a multiman match.

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2016, 07:43 PM
The match itself would be great, but I think it's putting two "unknown" qualities too close together. I know the IC Triple Threat won't happen, but I think it tells the best story for Nakamura. He and Ambrose almost have the same sort of loose cannon beat-of-their-own-drum charisma. A face-off between the two would be electric. Ambrose is the current WWE IC Champion, Nakamura is the undefeated and iconic IWGP IC Champion and Chris Jericho is the greatest WWE IC Champion of all-time.

I'm not sure how many multi-man matches Nakamura has worked in his career, but I imagine Ambrose and Jericho are the sort of guys to work them with. I personally enjoy multi-man matches, especially when they are built properly and can segue into meaningful singles matches. The idea here would be to move the title onto Nakamura and giving Ambrose a proper gripe, allowing combinations of the three to face-off at subsequent PPVs over the next few months (with Cesaro probably getting involved too).

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2016, 07:45 PM
I also wonder if AJ Styles vs. Nakamura is too much of an advertisement for New Japan World. I mean, they don't seem to have a problem acknowledging these guys' history, but bringing up such recent history and making Styles vs. Nakamura such a buzz topic and trivia point (having singles matches against each other at the biggest shows of two separate companies within the same year) might be counterproductive to what the WWE intends to do -- even if their relationship with New Japan is still healthy and playful.

Ermaximus
01-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Taker vs. Braun sounds horrible. I'd rather watch Kahli vs Taker.

slik
01-25-2016, 11:27 PM
He's Got the Whole Beast in his Hands
Brock vs Bray

WWE Title
HHH vs Roman vs Dean
or
HHH vs Roman

Grudge Match
Jericho vs Dean
or
Jericho vs Styles

The Rock returns to WrestleMania
Rock & The Usos
vs
A New Day

Diva's Title
Sasha vs Charlotte

Andre The Giant Battle Royal
20-30 guys

Undertaker's Last Ride
Undertaker vs Owens
or
Undertaker vs Strowman
or
Undertaker vs Kane

Grudge Match
Cody Rhodes vs Stephen Amell

HOF Inductees Appear

Special appearances by Stone Cold Steve Austin and HBK

Simple Fan
01-25-2016, 11:54 PM
I also wonder if AJ Styles vs. Nakamura is too much of an advertisement for New Japan World. I mean, they don't seem to have a problem acknowledging these guys' history, but bringing up such recent history and making Styles vs. Nakamura such a buzz topic and trivia point (having singles matches against each other at the biggest shows of two separate companies within the same year) might be counterproductive to what the WWE intends to do -- even if their relationship with New Japan is still healthy and playful.

I get that, would be great for those 2 guys to have a match on the 2 biggest shows of the year. Just thought it woukd be a cool nod to New Japan and also a damn good match again.

Mr. Nerfect
01-26-2016, 02:34 AM
I like the idea of Triple H vs. Reigns vs. Ambrose more than the one-on-one match. Jericho and Styles could very easily tear it up on their own.

NormanSmiley
01-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Is aj styles match going to be doing the curtain jerking?

Theo Dious
01-26-2016, 02:40 PM
I'm calling this for the Fastlane main event - Wyatts cost Lesnar the match setting up that WM match, however it ends up manifestng. Then Jericho does a full blown heel turn costing Ambrose the match, leading to their WM match as Ambrose takes on the most decorated IC champ either.

Also thinking that the HHH/Reigns match may end up being HIAC or HHH's retirement match or something.

Theo Dious
01-26-2016, 02:42 PM
Is aj styles match going to be doing the curtain jerking?

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mN5JxHty7Fl0JoHE2u_AnVg.jpg

Arrogance
01-26-2016, 04:45 PM
There's no way Austin isn't involved in something this Wrestlemania.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2016, 04:54 AM
I'm calling this for the Fastlane main event - Wyatts cost Lesnar the match setting up that WM match, however it ends up manifestng. Then Jericho does a full blown heel turn costing Ambrose the match, leading to their WM match as Ambrose takes on the most decorated IC champ either.

Also thinking that the HHH/Reigns match may end up being HIAC or HHH's retirement match or something.

I think you're right. On all counts.

I'm not sure where Austin ends up, but I think he could be the guest enforcer for the main event. It wouldn't surprise me if they got Shawn Michaels involved too.

Jordan
01-28-2016, 08:28 AM
You can take Nakamaura off your WM card, he's doing Takeover

slik
01-28-2016, 11:02 AM
<iframe title="Twitter Tweet" data-tweet-id="692731192664309761" style="██████████ static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 404.367px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="██████████ absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm hoping that they somehow get both Ambrose and Reigns into the main event of WrestleMania. Chris Jericho can turn heel against AJ Styles. Triple H vs. Reigns is going to fall flat without some extra dynamic.

Evil Vito
01-29-2016, 07:47 PM
<font color=goldenrod>If there's a ladder match at WrestleMania 32, R-Truth better throw everybody over the top rope and act like he won.</font>

Maluco
01-29-2016, 09:06 PM
Unpopular opinion perhaps, given the cards, but I really don't think Jericho should be in one of the big matches. Despite what people are thinking about his history and his name value, it is nearly all gone by now. He loses almost every time he wrestles anyone halfway credible.

I have no interest seeing him anywhere near a title match of any kind at this stage (given that he won't be around, its even more of a given he will lose), never mind one of the key matches.

Give Ambrose someone like Styles where at least the outcome is unclear.

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Jericho could really use a heel turn, and I think he'll get it. Ambrose vs. Jericho really doesn't impress me on paper as much as it does some others. I'd rather see Jericho get frustrated with AJ Styles and target him quite viciously, and cut promos about how he's meant to be seen as the best wrestler in the world, but Styles is the new critical darling. That sort of shit. Let them tear it up at Mania and put Styles over cleanly.

DAMN iNATOR
01-29-2016, 10:55 PM
WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Triple Threat Match
Roman Reigns v. Triple H : : : : : © : : : : : v. Brock Lesnar

Undertaker vs. A.J. Styles

Hall of Fame Class of 2016 on-stage segment

Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho v. Dean Ambrose : : : : : © : : : : :

United States Championship
Alberto Del Rio v. Kalisto : : : : : © : : : : :

Primetime Players v. The New Day : : : : : © : : : : :

WWE Divas Championship - Triple Threat Match
Becky Lynch v. Charlotte : : : : : © : : : : : v. Sasha Banks

Simple Fan
01-29-2016, 11:11 PM
Are the Prime Time Players even a thing anymore, seems kike they are focusing more on Titus as a singles guy which is a good idea in my opinion.

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2016, 11:54 PM
What is Bray Wyatt's goal in the WWE? He obviously competed in the Royal Rumble to try and become the WWE Champion. He even traded blows with Triple H. It would make sense for Bray Wyatt to want to get his hands on the belt then. What's the most direct way to the title? It's taking a Brock detour. Beating Brock down and tossing him out of the Rumble might have been business as usual. There's a universe in which Bray is now done with Brock.

The easiest way for Bray to get into the title picture is to target Triple H directly. Wyatt crashes some sort of party on RAW and asks why he hasn't been put in the title picture. He says that he's been a good little helper over the years, but now he's coming to put the King of Kings' head on a spike. He'll take over RAW until Triple H grants him his title shot.

Triple H reluctantly agrees and books Big Show, Ryback and someone else against The Wyatt Family at Fastlane, leaving Triple H and Bray Wyatt to fight in the main event. Triple H probably keeps the title there, but you could have The Wyatt Family reached by Triple H's mind games -- offering them power or money or something -- and they turn on Bray.

That leaves Brock and Roman Reigns to cancel each other out in the Triple Threat, leading to them fighting each other again at WrestleMania -- the 31 main event in the feature match slot now. Ambrose gets the shot against Triple H while Bray Wyatt battles Luke Harper.

DAMN iNATOR
01-30-2016, 03:32 AM
Are the Prime Time Players even a thing anymore, seems kike they are focusing more on Titus as a singles guy which is a good idea in my opinion.

Couldn't think of any other teams that would work. Certainly not the Dudley Boys, they're jobbing left and right, the Uso's will probably be involved in something with Rock in a 6-man, Sun Cara is injured and meanwhile Kalisto is in his 2nd U.S. title reign, so no Lucha Dragons. I suppose they could surprise the fans by calling up an NXT team who's ready, but I'm so out of the loop with NXT right now, I don't know who would be exciting.

Icame4Hookers
01-30-2016, 11:03 AM
I doubt I'll be watching this year as the line up looks shit.

I think Undertaker will have some sort of main event spot. or team with Kane to face The Wyatt Family

I highly doubt HHH will retain unless he's back to full time wrestling again.

I'm looking for Steph to get back in the ring possibly with Ronda Rousey

The Rock will have some type of camera time during the tag title match. maybe a special ref type role? it's hard to judge.

Ambrose will more than likely face Kevin Owens again but this time in a ladder match for the IC Title.

Icame4Hookers
01-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Also where are people getting the Jericho and Ambrose feud from? If anything it'll be Jericho vs AJ Styles at wrestlemania.

Rammsteinmad
01-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Coz Jericho teamed with Reigns and Ambrose a few months back on PPV against the Shield, and after losing the match he shoulder-barged into Ambrose.

And then recently, they came to blows in the Rumble (?) or something, and now everyone wants to see them face each other.

Simple Fan
01-30-2016, 12:48 PM
Ambrose eliminated Jericho from the Rumble and they mentioned some tension between the two but nothing has really come of it yet. Also Jericho is a record 9 time IC champion and Ambrose is the current that alone would be a good starting point for a feud if Jericho turned heel. Wouldnt be opposed to a triple threat with Jericho, Styles, and Ambrose.

The CyNick
01-30-2016, 04:09 PM
<font color=goldenrod>If there's a ladder match at WrestleMania 32, R-Truth better throw everybody over the top rope and act like he won.</font>

I think if they do one it will be for the US title. Get some of those high flying guys in the ring together and let them try to steal the show.

XL
01-30-2016, 04:14 PM
Am I crazy for sort of being into the idea of Braun Stroman vs. Big Show? At least as a preference to Braun vs. Taker.

XL
01-30-2016, 04:16 PM
Main Event will be;

WWE World Heavyweight Champion HHH (with Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs. Roman Reigns (with The Rock & Ronda Rousey)

Mr. Nerfect
01-30-2016, 09:06 PM
I doubt this will happen, but in the event they don't have Kevin Owens go after Undertaker, I could imagine a universe where Alberto Del Rio makes a good challenger for him.

Follow the influence of a guy like Kevin Sullivan in booking it. Maybe bring back Zeb Colter for the feud, since he has a history with Undertaker (the person though, not the character), that could be played into. But you can mine the mythos behind lucha libra and present Del Rio in some sort of spiritual light. Surround him with Mexican tradition and have him almost step out of it like a iconoclast. Juxtapose Del Rio with the Day of the Dead, or that sort of imagery, and have him wink at it, almost like he's this clash of styles counterpart to Undertaker, if that makes any sense?

The Undertaker and ADR could have a fantastic match, as Del Rio takes to in-ring like a duck to water. I sometimes think a big part of why the dude struggles to get over with live crowds is because he's so fluid he almost hypnotizes people. Working the arm plays into counters for a lot of The Undertaker's shit. Del Rio's not going to be crippled by a loss to The Undertaker either.

Droford
01-30-2016, 09:22 PM
Crazy World Scenario

HHH vs Dean Ambrose Title for Title

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar

Kevin Owens vs The Undertaker

The Rock and Usos vs The New Day vs Wyatt Family (-Strowman) vs League of Nations (sans Barrett)

Divas Championship Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Paige vs Brie Bella Elimination Style

US Title Ladder Match Kalisto vs Neville vs AJ Styles vs Jericho

Stardust vs Steven Amell part 2

Andre Battle Royal on a preshow

Simple Fan
01-30-2016, 09:22 PM
Am I crazy for sort of being into the idea of Braun Stroman vs. Big Show? At least as a preference to Braun vs. Taker.

Not crazy, I really dont see the appeal in him either other than hes big. Dont think hes ready for a match with Taker or Lesner at this moment and Big Show would be a perfect fit for him I think. I might be crazy to though.

Evil Vito
01-30-2016, 10:21 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Despite it being a 4 hour show they never seem to do more than 6 or 7 matches on the main card anymore. This isn't the card I WANT to see, but it's my attempt at a realistic prediction of one:

---

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Roman Reigns vs. Triple H (C)

The Undertaker vs. Braun Strowman

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose (C)

WWE Divas Championship: Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte (C)

6-Man Tag Team Match: The Cosmic Wasteland vs. Goldust, R-Truth, and Stephen Amell

WWE United States Championship Ladder Match: Kalisto (C) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Neville vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus vs. Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles

Pre-Show Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Adam Rose, Big E, Big Show, Bo Dallas, Bubba Ray Dudley, Curtis Axel, D-Von Dudley, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Erick Rowan, Fandango, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Kane, King Barrett, Kofi Kingston, Luke Harper, Mark Henry, The Miz, Rusev, Ryback, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Xavier Woods, Zack Ryder, and any NXT guys they want to toss in to build up the numbers.

Pre-Show 4-Way Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championships: The Dudley Boyz vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan vs. The Usos vs. The New Day (C)

---

It's weird to put The Ascension on the WrestleMania card...is The Cosmic Wasteland even still a thing? Regardless, the Amell rumors are running high right now and I just can't see him working a one on one match for some reason. I guess you could shoehorn 2 other heels with Stardust but it would feel weird.</font>

Simple Fan
01-30-2016, 11:08 PM
Sting would be perfect to pair with Amell if he could go. Stings a vigilante, the Arrows a vigialnte then add Neville. Really needed The Hurricane back when they were going with the comic book thing with Neville.

The CyNick
01-31-2016, 11:32 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Despite it being a 4 hour show they never seem to do more than 6 or 7 matches on the main card anymore. This isn't the card I WANT to see, but it's my attempt at a realistic prediction of one:

---

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Roman Reigns vs. Triple H (C)

The Undertaker vs. Braun Strowman

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose (C)

WWE Divas Championship: Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte (C)

6-Man Tag Team Match: The Cosmic Wasteland vs. Goldust, R-Truth, and Stephen Amell

WWE United States Championship Ladder Match: Kalisto (C) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Neville vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus vs. Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles

Pre-Show Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Adam Rose, Big E, Big Show, Bo Dallas, Bubba Ray Dudley, Curtis Axel, D-Von Dudley, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Erick Rowan, Fandango, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Kane, King Barrett, Kofi Kingston, Luke Harper, Mark Henry, The Miz, Rusev, Ryback, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Xavier Woods, Zack Ryder, and any NXT guys they want to toss in to build up the numbers.

Pre-Show 4-Way Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championships: The Dudley Boyz vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan vs. The Usos vs. The New Day (C)

---

It's weird to put The Ascension on the WrestleMania card...is The Cosmic Wasteland even still a thing? Regardless, the Amell rumors are running high right now and I just can't see him working a one on one match for some reason. I guess you could shoehorn 2 other heels with Stardust but it would feel weird.</font>

I would be shocked if New Day are on the pre-show.

Evil Vito
01-31-2016, 02:57 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Oh they definitely shouldn't be. I'm just not sure what match to cut off from the main card (assuming the Amell rumors are true at least, no chance he wouldn't be on the main show). Recent history supports the Tag Title match being one of the matches assigned to the pre-show.

They could also just have 8 matches on the real show but WWE have been pretty poor in the area of time management the last several WrestleManias. Just last year they bumped the battle royal to the pre-show only a day or two before the event because they realized they hadn't budgeted enough time for The Rock/Rousey segment and the musical performance. And there will almost certainly be another lengthy non-wrestling segment at WM32, likely involving The Rock or Austin (or both).</font>

Mr. Nerfect
01-31-2016, 08:35 PM
Pretty realistic card, Vito. I think they put the Tag Titles on the main show, and maybe instead of Goldust & R-Truth, they put Neville with Amell and have Stardust team up with The Miz.

Evil Vito
01-31-2016, 08:48 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Very possible, although I'd find it to be a bit of a shame to use Neville in that kind of spot if there does end up being a ladder match on the show.

Maybe Stardust and Miz vs. Amell and Goldust?

Who am I kidding...I just want the Rhodes Boys to get their WrestleMania match against each other before Goldust retires, even if it's shoehorned into a tag team bout.</font> :(

Mr. Nerfect
01-31-2016, 08:58 PM
I guess that would work. I feel like Stardust and Goldust's stock is below WrestleMania at the moment though. If they are going to feud, I think they need to make it really mean something.

The CyNick
01-31-2016, 09:43 PM
My Spidey senses tell me New Day will have a bigger role on the show than a throwaway multi team match.

Mr. Nerfect
02-01-2016, 08:37 AM
A shot at a realistic card:

Triple H (c) (w/ Vince McMahon) vs. Roman Reigns (w/ The Rock)

Brock vs. Bray: The Beast vs. The Eater of Worlds
Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Bray Wyatt

The Dead Man vs. The Reaper
The Undertaker vs. Luke Harper

New Day segment
The New Day try to "take over" WrestleMania somehow, only for Stone Cold Steve Austin to come out and spray them with beer and give them Stunners or something.

Triple Threat Match for the Divas Championship
Charlotte (c) (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

The Best in the World?
Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles

Dean Ambrose (c) (w/ Renee Young) vs. Rusev (w/ Lana)

Ladder Match for the United States Championship
Kalisto (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Goldust vs. Kevin Owens vs. Neville vs. R-Truth vs. Sami Zayn vs. Stardust

The New Day (c) vs. The Usos

Kickoff: Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Adam Rose vs. Alex Riley vs. Apollo Crews vs. Austin Aries vs. Big Show vs. Bo Dallas vs. Braun Strowman vs. Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Bull Dempsey vs. Curtis Axel vs. D-Von Dudley vs. David Otunga vs. Damien Sandow vs. Darren Young vs. Diego vs. El Torito vs. Erick Rowan vs. Fandango vs. Fernando vs. Heath Slater vs. Hornswoggle vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kane vs. Konnor vs. Mark Henry vs. The Miz vs. Rhyno vs. Ryback vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Titus O'Neil vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Viktor vs. Zack Ryder

Mr. Nerfect
02-01-2016, 08:49 AM
* Stephen Amell, if he's at WrestleMania, makes his presence felt during the Ladder Match, costing Stardust any shot at winning the thing. The Ladder Match itself is a bit thrown together, but they like putting on a match like this. You could just run bully Kevin Owens trying to win the US Title, but having Sami Zayn in there builds off their history (I can see them wrestling at Fastlane). You can put Goldust & R-Truth in there, and that adds some veteran presence, puts a black guy in the match, allows the Rhodes brothers to interact, plays of the current shtick between Goldie and Truth, etc. Ziggler is in there as the workhorse, and Neville is there to do cool stuff too. If Sheamus is healthy, maybe they bump Zayn for him and have Zayn in the Battle Royal? Or they could do a 9-man. I could also see either Kane or Mark Henry being added, just so there are fewer monsters in the Battle Royal and a larger guy in this.

* The Rock and Vince are used to try and bolster the main event. Shawn Michaels makes an appearance here too. The Rock and Ambrose are used to counteract Vince and HBK.

* I know the rumor is Taker vs. Strowman, but that lacks a lot of imagination. And it's going to need a lot of imagination to be watchable. I can see Taker being smart and asking to work with Harper in order to make him look like a beast moving forward. There will be time for Strowman, who I think they give the Battle Royal to.

* Bray Wyatt goes into his match against Brock Lesnar alone -- he's got something to prove. This also allows Brock to defeat Bray without cannibalizing the entire Wyatt Family. This marks the beginning of the Wyatt face turn.

* Jericho vs. Styles seems like the more natural feud out of the possibilities for Jericho. Once Ambrose is out of the immediate title picture, I can see Vince trying to bring the brute back out of Rusev and dangling the IC Title in front of him. It'd be a simple story between Ambrose and Rusev, and Lana and Rusev can be bullies to Renee which puts her into Dean's corner -- which will capture the hearts of people, I'm sure. It seems to me a better story than Jericho vs. Ambrose, which so far lacks any sort of heat or trajectory.

* I can't see The Usos missing out on WrestleMania this year. I think they'll get their eventual Tag Title win, even if the crowd revolts, and I think that sets off The New Day for that segment with Austin later in the show.

DAMN iNATOR
02-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Can't foresee Rusev getting anywhere NEAR the IC title or really any kind of title shot by WM due to probably still being in the doghouse over letting news leak to TMZ or wherever about him and Lana becoming engaged.

road doggy dogg
02-01-2016, 09:38 AM
What a funny business, wrestling is. In any normal working environment being punished for GETTING ENGAGED would be an HR nightmare

Big Vic
02-01-2016, 03:05 PM
When he wasn't in the Dog house he jobbed 4 straight times to Cena, nothing is really different.

The CyNick
02-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Can you imagine how much it must have sucked for a new guy like Rusev to work with John Cena at Mania? He must have the patience of a saint to put up with that booking.

Big Vic
02-01-2016, 03:19 PM
I agree, I also think Brock Lesnar should have lost to Angle at Wrestlemania 19 and 3 straight times after. That's how you make new stars.

drave
02-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Rusev should have won @ Mania.

Big Vic
02-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Rusev could have been something now he's just like 90% of the roster.

The CyNick
02-01-2016, 05:58 PM
I agree, I also think Brock Lesnar should have lost to Angle at Wrestlemania 19 and 3 straight times after. That's how you make new stars.

No he won and then went on to beat a young John Cena, who was never heard from again. Sad really.

Then he lost to Kurt on consecutive PPVs that summer.

Funky Fly is back
02-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Is RVD still on the roster or did he retire? RVD vs Roman Reigns would be pretty cool.

Jordan
02-02-2016, 02:22 AM
Noid I think your card is pretty spot on. I love the idea of Harper vs Taker and it works if Strowman take the the Battle Royal. They would have to push Harper really hard though and it doesn't seem like that is really happening.

Also where is The League of Nations? I think Alberto will be on the card as well as Sheamus.

A shot at a realistic card:

Triple H (c) (w/ Vince McMahon) vs. Roman Reigns (w/ The Rock)

Brock vs. Bray: The Beast vs. The Eater of Worlds
Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Bray Wyatt

The Dead Man vs. The Reaper
The Undertaker vs. Luke Harper

New Day segment
The New Day try to "take over" WrestleMania somehow, only for Stone Cold Steve Austin to come out and spray them with beer and give them Stunners or something.

Charlotte (c) (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

The Best in the World?

Dean Ambrose (c) (w/ Renee Young) vs. Rusev (w/ Lana)

Kalisto (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Goldust vs. Kevin Owens vs. Neville vs. R-Truth vs. Sami Zayn vs. Stardust

The New Day (c) vs. The Usos

Adam Rose vs. Alex Riley vs. Apollo Crews vs. Austin Aries vs. Big Show vs. Bo Dallas vs. Braun Strowman vs. Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Bull Dempsey vs. Curtis Axel vs. D-Von Dudley vs. David Otunga vs. Damien Sandow vs. Darren Young vs. Diego vs. El Torito vs. Erick Rowan vs. Fandango vs. Fernando vs. Heath Slater vs. Hornswoggle vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kane vs. Konnor vs. Mark Henry vs. The Miz vs. Rhyno vs. Ryback vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Titus O'Neil vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Viktor vs. Zack Ryder

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2016, 03:41 AM
John Cena beating Rusev at Mania was fine. But Rusev should have sold the lost and disappeared for a bit after that. Having him lose to Cena at the next two PPVs was dumb.

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2016, 04:32 AM
Noid I think your card is pretty spot on. I love the idea of Harper vs Taker and it works if Strowman take the the Battle Royal. They would have to push Harper really hard though and it doesn't seem like that is really happening.

Also where is The League of Nations? I think Alberto will be on the card as well as Sheamus.

When I came up with that card, I wasn't sure about the health status of Del Rio, Sheamus or Barrett. You could easily just add them into the Ladder Match instead of Goldust and R-Truth. It would make sense to have them in a multi-man tag, but there isn't really a team worthy of going against them. It's likely their match would replace the Ladder Match, and that would be where you fit guys like Dolph Ziggler, Neville, Kalisto and Ryback or something like that.

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2016, 07:18 AM
If Sheamus and Del Rio need to be included in WrestleMania 32, then I would probably make the following changes:

* Luke Harper doesn't face The Undertaker. Instead he enters (and likely wins) the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Sheamus is selected as Taker's opponent. Say what you want about Sheamus -- he's a bigger guy that can work and the crowd will be all over him in Texas. His current place on the pecking order seems about right too.

* Del Rio wins the US Title back at Fastlane. Kalisto wants a rematch, but Del Rio makes him put his mask on the line. There's no way John Cena is missing WrestleMania, and if he shows up, this seems like the logical place for him to appear. Cena backs Kalisto in his outing against Del Rio, where the US Title again changes hands, and Kalisto defends his mask for the first time in WWE.

I don't like the idea of Kalisto ascending by only beating the guy that beat him and that he has already beaten in the past, but I could realistically see it happening.

* Everyone in the Ladder Match enters the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. I'm thinking that maybe it takes place on the main show this year, and that Jericho vs. Styles might be the match they bump to the pre-show, in order to have Styles "pay his Mania dues" and give something with presence a spot there to make it worth watching.

The CyNick
02-02-2016, 12:19 PM
John Cena beating Rusev at Mania was fine. But Rusev should have sold the lost and disappeared for a bit after that. Having him lose to Cena at the next two PPVs was dumb.

To me, assuming I'm not a mark, I want to work with the top guy as much as possible. Win or lose, you should get over just working with the guy, unless its a pure squash, which none of those matches were.

Fans are marks, so they think working with and losing to the top guy is bad for your career. Its not.

What is bad for your career is your girlfriend being an airhead.

#1-norm-fan
02-02-2016, 12:49 PM
If your character is a big, intimidating beast and you lose constantly, it turns your character into shit and thus, you aren't interesting anymore and you don't get over. If your character is a creepy cult leader who gets in people's heads and cuts scary, ominous promos and you end up losing constantly, your character isn't taken seriously anymore and you don't get over.

(Here comes the same argument about Rollins that you refused to understand after it was explained to you like 5 times...)

Facing Cena (Or Taker. Or Lesnar. Or The Rock...) and losing a competitive match to him is great. It makes it seem like you're at least capable of possibly beating the top guy. You can still stay credible. You should be fine with that. When you have the same match with the same outcome repeatedly afterward, any thought that you could still be the better man is gone. That's bad. THAT'S the problem. Get it now?

drave
02-02-2016, 01:07 PM
If your character is a big, intimidating beast and you lose constantly, it makes turns your character into shit and thus, you aren't interesting anymore and you don't get over. If your character is a creepy cult leader who gets in people's heads and cuts scary, ominous promos and you end up losing constantly, your character isn't taken seriously anymore and you don't get over.

(Here comes the same argument about Rollins that you refused to understand after it was explained to you like 5 times...)

Facing Cena (Or Taker. Or Lesnar. Or The Rock...) and losing a competitive match to him is great. It makes it seem like you're at least capable of possibly beating the top guy. You can still stay credible. You should be fine with that. When you have the same match with the same outcome repeatedly afterward, any thought that you could still be the better man is gone. That's bad. THAT'S the problem. Get it now?

Exactly. Not only did he lose to Cena, he lost two more times, consecutively.

It is a foundation of the business that "both guys get over" regardless of the W/L - Rusev did NOT get over with his feud with Cena, and at present is bordering on "comedy act" with the whole TV champion schtick.

I still feel that he and Swagger could have had a really hot feud that could have went somewhere for BOTH guys.

Simple Fan
02-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Yeah, really missed an opportunity with Swagger. We the People thing is way over and a big match at Mania would have done both wonders. Instead Rusevs monster push was only to put Cena over more.

Big Vic
02-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Facing Cena (Or Taker. Or Lesnar. Or The Rock...) and losing a competitive match to him is great. It makes it seem like you're at least capable of possibly beating the top guy. It doesn't help that at the time Cena was having competitive matches with EVERYBODY, due to his US open challenge

Sepholio
02-02-2016, 02:05 PM
WEED THE PEOPLE!

Jordan
02-02-2016, 02:39 PM
I would love to see The Undertaker take on Rusev, that has potential to be a really good matchup. I also really want to see Alberto Del Rio get a spot to shine, and would enjoy him vs Taker. Sheamus, god I can't stand him so I really hope he doesn't rassle Taker but it would be a decent match.

Jordan
02-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Does anyone feel like they could surprise us and have Dean Ambrose win at Fastlane? Obviously Bray is going to prevent Brock from winning somehow. The pop at The Rumble when Ambrose and Triple H were left as the final two entrants was legit attitude era Austin level. Really what is the difference in sales if Dean Ambrose, a man who will wildly be cheered vs Triple H, or Roman Reigns who bound to probable X-Pac heat from the Wrestlemania crowd.

I'd then have Roman heading towards a heel run. He'd be paired up with AJ Styles for Wrestlemania.

World Heavyweight Title
Triple H vs Dean Ambrose

The Undertaker vs John Cena

Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt

Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles

I don't put faith in that direction actually happening but I would love it.

Icame4Hookers
02-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Crazy World Scenario

HHH vs Dean Ambrose Title for Title

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar

Kevin Owens vs The Undertaker

The Rock and Usos vs The New Day vs Wyatt Family (-Strowman) vs League of Nations (sans Barrett)

Divas Championship Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Paige vs Brie Bella Elimination Style

US Title Ladder Match Kalisto vs Neville vs AJ Styles vs Jericho

Stardust vs Steven Amell part 2

Andre Battle Royal on a preshow

Hahaha, The Rock isn't going to be in a Wrestling role.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2016, 06:42 PM
To me, assuming I'm not a mark, I want to work with the top guy as much as possible. Win or lose, you should get over just working with the guy, unless its a pure squash, which none of those matches were.

Fans are marks, so they think working with and losing to the top guy is bad for your career. Its not.

What is bad for your career is your girlfriend being an airhead.

#fan gets it. You don't.

Cena and Rusev could have worked together on house shows. Cena vs. Rusev for the US Title could have headlined them. But you don't need to bust the guy's mystique and drawing power by having him try and fail, try and fail, try and fail.

Mr. Nerfect
02-06-2016, 06:03 AM
I've got a feeling that Del Rio will win the US Title at Fastlane and then defend it against Kalisto in a Title vs. Mask match with John Cena in Kalisto's corner. If Cena can't wrestle Taker.

Mr. Nerfect
02-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Another hypothetical WrestleMania card (less likely this time):

Triple H (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

WrestleMania 31 Main Event Rematch
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns

Please, Please, Please Do Us a Favor Match
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

Tournament Finals for the vacant Intercontinental Championship

Grudge Match
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn

Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) vs. Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs. The Miz & R-Truth vs. The Usos

8-Man Tag Team Match
The League of Nations vs. The Wyatt Family

Kalisto (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Won by Ryback

Kickoff: Divas Tag Team Match
Paige & Natalya vs. Team BAD

* R-Truth chooses The Miz as a tag team partner over Goldust, and the two beat-down Goldie until Cody Rhodes makes the save out of the Stardust character. Paige joins up with The Miz & R-Truth, with Nattie advising her against it, playing mother hen. Nattie & Paige team up to face The Usos' wife and her partner on the Kickoff.

* The Battle Royal is the Battle Royal. The big stories are Big Show trying to repeat his win, The Social Outcasts working together and Mark Henry wanting to win in his homestate. Kane, The Dudleys and a few surprises can be thrown in there. I'm sure Kevin Nash wouldn't mind a WrestleMania pay day. Ryback wins, because he's the most over hoss-like guy you'd have in there.

* Kalisto vs. Dolph Ziggler would be a fun choice for a WrestleMania opener. Dolph has never had a one-on-one match at Mania, and I think he'd go out of his way to tear it up. This would be a great way to showcase Kalisto, and the two only really need to have between 10 and 15 minutes to heat the crowd up. The story here is that Dolph wants to prove he can out-show Kalisto.

* The League of Nations vs. The Wyatt Family is a Battle of the Brutes. Which faction is the most dominant in WWE? That's how it's sold anyway. Both sides are trying to earn favor with The Authority, with The Wyatt Family being the cooler and more "renegade" group of the two. Bray Wyatt earns the pinfall for his team here.

* As I mentioned earlier: The Miz & R-Truth reform The Awesome Truth on the lead-in to WrestleMania. This leads to Cody Rhodes & Goldust getting back together. The Usos are thrown in because I can't imagine them not getting a Tag Team Title shot. The New Day are currently the champs. I guess you could run this with Stardust & Miz as a heel team against Goldust & Truth too. Whatever.

* Kevin Owens is in the IC Title tournament that takes place heading into WrestleMania, but is cost a semi-finals match to either AJ Styles or Chris Jericho when Sami Zayn returns to the main roster. Zayn and Owens have a personal feud away from the title, and are given ample time to tear it up and establish themselves to crowds that may not have seen them before.

* Dean Ambrose is only allowed to keep his shot at the World Heavyweight Title if he forfeits the IC Title heading into WrestleMania. Chris Jericho and AJ Styles are the four guys who make it to the finals. I would ideally like Jericho to be in full heel mode by this point.

* The Triple Threat Match is between the three girls who came in to kick-start the "Divas Revolution" last year. They do a really special hype video for this one and treat it like a main event.

* The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels is set-up at Fastlane when HBK helps Bray Wyatt pin The Undertaker. Bray has gotten into HBK's head about his forced retirement at the hands of Undertaker -- well, at least convincing HBK that it was forced. Taker and HBK go at it in a third Mania match (hopefully another classic), with Bray watching from his chair at ringside.

* Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns cancel each other out at Fastlane allowing Dean Ambrose to clean up the scraps. Lesnar and Reigns have something to prove against each other, and Brock beats the piss out of Reigns at WrestleMania to try and get him over with the fans.

* Dean Ambrose wins the main event at Fastlane in his homestate and is positioned as the hero the WWE wants heading into WrestleMania against Triple H -- who works his ass off to get Ambrose over as the top face -- at least until Seth Rollins is ready to return around SummerSlam.

Mr. Nerfect
02-06-2016, 10:42 AM
To make it slightly more realistic, slip Bray Wyatt into Shawn Michaels' spot, cancel the 8-Man, and have the US Title match turned into a Ladder Match featuring Sheamus, Luke Harper, Dolph Ziggler, Kalisto, Kane, Alberto Del Rio, Neville and Rusev or something.

Evil Vito
02-06-2016, 10:50 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Supposedly Michaels was asked to be in the Royal Rumble match but he declined, stating he was happy in retirement. I wonder if he would do the same for a potential WrestleMania match against Taker. It might take Vince personally backing up a dumptruck full of money up to his ranch in San Antonio.

Not trying to doubt Michaels' abilities either but with him having not wrestled at all in 6 years, I'd be relatively shocked if he's able to step right in to 15-20+ minute marquee WrestleMania match. I know he's come back from a long layoff before but this layoff is 2 years longer and Michaels wasn't 50 years old then.

Very interesting idea, though. I'm hoping Cena can work his magic to get cleared because I desperately want to see Taker vs. Cena at WrestleMania before Taker retires.</font>

Evil Vito
02-06-2016, 11:08 AM
<font color=goldenrod>In the realm of completely unrealistic ideas for Taker's final match...The Undertaker confirms that WrestleMania 32 will be his last ride, and not one but two legends make returns on Raw to stake their claim for why they should be The Undertaker's final opponent.

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. <s>Uhh guys the Attitude Era Ended 15 Fucking Years Ago</s> Texas Triple Threat Match. It's billed as the official end to three Hall of Fame careers.

The Undertaker wins, and the next night on Raw Michaels and Austin both come out to congratulate Taker and then the whole locker room empties in a similar fashion to the treatment Ric Flair received after he retired. The Undertaker is announced immediately as the first member of the HOF class of 2017. None of the three participants in the match are seen on WWE programming again except for the annual HOF show, special Austin podcasts on the Network, etc.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
02-07-2016, 01:14 AM
An idea I had: Ambrose and Reigns cancel each other out at Fastlane and Brock Lesnar becomes the #1 Contender. The Undertaker returns and attacks Brock again. Triple H adds Taker to the WrestleMania title match. Triple H vs. Brock vs. Taker for the World Title.

Heyman can accuse Triple H of bringing in Taker to create chaos because he knows he can't take on Lesnar 1-on-1. There's plenty of WrestleMania history between the three parties. Ambrose and Reigns are left to face each other in an Intercontinental Title match.

Rammsteinmad
02-10-2016, 08:15 AM
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. <s>Uhh guys the Attitude Era Ended 15 Fucking Years Ago</s> Texas Triple Threat Match. It's billed as the official end to three Hall of Fame careers.

Can't wait to see two guys who haven't wrestled in 13 and 6 years respectively, come out of retirement just to end their careers. Again.

No.

Rammsteinmad
02-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Kalisto vs. Dolph Ziggler would be a fun choice for a WrestleMania opener. Dolph has never had a one-on-one match at Mania, and I think he'd go out of his way to tear it up.

I've said this quite often in regards to Ziggler. The guy has been with the company for over ten years, and has been one of the top five most over guys on the roster solidly for pretty much the last seven or eight of those years, and yet, he's never really had a Wrestlemania "moment". He always ends up in clusterfuck matches.

Guy deserves a fucking moment.

drave
02-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Ziggler is def overlooked. Seems no matter who he is in the ring with, he is entertaining as hell.

road doggy dogg
02-10-2016, 09:21 AM
Love me some Ziggler. However, especially in light of DBry's retirement, WWE has got to be more hesitant than ever to make him a major player with his concussion history... don't think he will ever get that vaunted singles push we all want and know he deserves. Would defs be cool to let him have a solid 20+ minute WM though that isn't some tag match/multi-man melee

road doggy dogg
02-10-2016, 09:22 AM
And every single match I've seen regarding Undertaker just looks woefully unentertaining and fucking awful. Please god let this be his last WM

drave
02-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Taker was my all time favorite for a very long while. The mystique of the streak @ mania kinda takes away from his matches now, especially when he just comes around shortly before Mania and has a match that is just "there for the sake of being there" anymore.

I too, thought I never thought I would say it, hope this is his last year in the ring as well.

Evil Vito
02-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Can't wait to see two guys who haven't wrestled in 13 and 6 years respectively, come out of retirement just to end their careers. Again.

No.

I don't really want to see it either, but I'd still rather see that than most of the current proposals. Having Undertaker end his career with Braun fucking Strowman or in a clusterfuck tag with Kane and Big Show is a crap way to end a legendary career.

Evil Vito
02-10-2016, 09:38 AM
I'd be relatively surprised if this isn't Taker's last match. It just seems like a fitting place to end. And then he'll be headlining next year's HOF class.

road doggy dogg
02-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Taker was my all time favorite for a very long while. The mystique of the streak @ mania kinda takes away from his matches now, especially when he just comes around shortly before Mania and has a match that is just "there for the sake of being there" anymore.

I too, thought I never thought I would say it, hope this is his last year in the ring as well.

For me, I kinda "missed out" on what made him so great. Like, yeah I watched during Attitude era and got into the Ministry and everything etc, but I was never a huge fan of him. I get that people are, and that's cool.

But the past I dunno 5-10 years have just been totally going through the motions. I mean, it's hard to argue about stuff like this because really any outcome is at the whim of the writers, but it just feels like all these WM matches are hollow. "Suspension of disbelief" and all that shit but there is no way that Brock Lesnar should not have utterly demolished him 3x in a row without so much as breaking a sweat.

I respect that he's still giving it at his age, but that doesn't necessarily make for an entertaining watch. For me, anyway. I get that people still dig the entrance and mystique etc... so I'm not opposed to him being there or w/e, just personally I get very little out of the experience

Rammsteinmad
02-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Not to mention that his promo packages, intros and matches tend to take up a huge portion of the show. That's valuable time when you could be showcasing some hot, new prospect to the world, rather than an old man who will be gone for the rest of the year.

#1-norm-fan
02-10-2016, 10:05 AM
The fact that the match that ended the streak ended up just being the start of a 3 match series and Taker just went on to keep wrestling is still just fucking mind-boggling to me.

#1-norm-fan
02-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Not to mention that his promo packages, intros and matches tend to take up a huge portion of the show. That's valuable time when you could be showcasing some hot, new prospect to the world, rather than an old man who will be gone for the rest of the year.

I'd be fine with all the time taken for his hype video/intro and stuff if he still had the mystique of the streak going because it was such a huge deal. It had more prestige than the title at times. Now it will just be out of place.

drave
02-10-2016, 02:39 PM
The fact that the match that ended the streak ended up just being the start of a 3 match series and Taker just went on to keep wrestling is still just fucking mind-boggling to me.

Especially the way they would hype the streak. It really feels like it should have "meant something" to the person who ended it. Modern booking doing what it does best I suppose.

#1-norm-fan
02-10-2016, 06:47 PM
It seemed like it was going to mean something in the long run. Lesnar followed it up by squashing Cena for the title. Between those two matches he was now on another level. Whoever managed to beat the unbeatable beast and take the title from him was gonna get a HUGE rub.

Then he lost the title by not being beaten. Then after losing the title, he was finally beaten... by Taker. Just getting his win back. Could not have been more anticlimactic.

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2016, 02:25 AM
Yet another card:

Triple H (c) (w/ Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon) vs. Roman Reigns (w/ The Rock & Ronda Rousey)

Charlotte (c) (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch

"Public Execution"
Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Dean Ambrose

The Phenom vs. The Eater of Worlds
The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

Sheamus (c) vs. AJ Styles (w/ Daniel Bryan)

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Adam Rose vs. Big E vs. Big Show vs. Bo Dallas vs. Braun Strowman vs. Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Curtis Axel vs. D-Von Dudley vs. Damien Sandow vs. Darren Young vs. Diego vs. El Torito vs. Erick Rowan vs. Fandango vs. Fernando vs. Heath Slater vs. Hornswoggle vs. Jack Swagger vs. Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso vs. Kane vs. King Barrett vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Konnor vs. Luke Harper vs. Mark Henry vs. Ryback vs. Sin Cara vs. Titus O'Neil vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Viktor vs. Xavier Woods vs. Zack Ryder

Tag Team Match
The Miz & Stardust vs. Goldust & R-Truth (w/ Stephen Amell)

Kalisto (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kevin Owens vs. Neville vs. Rusev

Kickoff Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) vs. The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Social Outcasts

Kickoff Divas Invitational
Alicia Fox vs. Brie Bella vs. Cameron vs. Emma vs. Eva Marie vs. Lana vs. Layla vs. Michelle McCool vs. Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Paige vs. Summer Rae vs. Tamina

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2016, 02:29 AM
For those feeling that New Day isn't doing enough on that card, my prediction is that Big E actually wins the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal by eliminating Braun Strowman last. All three act like they won it.

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2016, 02:35 AM
Sheamus wins the IC Title from Dean Ambrose in a Battle Royal, echoing how he won the US Title from Dean Ambrose in 2014. AJ Styles qualifies for a title shot and Sheamus plays the bully character, calling AJ Styles "little fella." He also takes to taking credit for Daniel Bryan's head trauma and boasts about beating him in 18 seconds at WrestleMania 28. Bryan backs up Styles for this match to watch Styles beat Sheamus in person.

The CyNick
02-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Especially the way they would hype the streak. It really feels like it should have "meant something" to the person who ended it. Modern booking doing what it does best I suppose.

You don't think the Lesnar taking the streak moment meant something?

Unreal. Just unreal.

The CyNick
02-16-2016, 11:18 AM
For those feeling that New Day isn't doing enough on that card, my prediction is that Big E actually wins the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal by eliminating Braun Strowman last. All three act like they won it.

I would be shocked if that's all New Day does on the show.

I'm guessing Fast Lane will be an indicator of their plans for Mania.

Jordan
02-16-2016, 12:01 PM
I wonder how a Hell in a Cell with The Undertaker, Kane, Ryback and Big Show vs The Wyatt Family would be?

Jordan
02-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Also I really hope that Dean Ambrose wins and faces Triple H and Roman rematches Brock.

Heisenberg
02-16-2016, 01:42 PM
I would be shocked if that's all New Day does on the show.

I'm guessing Fast Lane will be an indicator of their plans for Mania.

Enzo and Cass should come out and spell it out for them.

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Enzo & Cass or The Bullet Club will debut. Neither will be bigger than Big E winning the Andre Battle Royal would be.

drave
02-17-2016, 07:41 AM
You don't think the Lesnar taking the streak moment meant something?

Unreal. Just unreal.

It did FOR THAT MOMENT, but nothing more. Something that was over 20 years in the making basically amounted to fuck all. Lesnar went on to demolish Cena at SS, but after that then what?

In addition, to many, the "mystique" of Taker matches is also gone. To be fair, it also has to do with an aging Taker and him not being able to perform as well as he could in his prime, but still. There was generally a "could this be the one who breaks it" kinda feel.

Feel like it could have been better used to propel a *brace yourself* NEW FUCKING TALENT rather than someone already established who was already over without the need for the rub.

So yes, in the end, it was pointless other than to have a best of 3 series that is now forgettable.

If you fail to see how they misused the "streak being broken" then I would point you to your own words:

Unreal. Just unreal.

The CyNick
02-17-2016, 09:25 PM
It did FOR THAT MOMENT, but nothing more. Something that was over 20 years in the making basically amounted to fuck all. Lesnar went on to demolish Cena at SS, but after that then what?

In addition, to many, the "mystique" of Taker matches is also gone. To be fair, it also has to do with an aging Taker and him not being able to perform as well as he could in his prime, but still. There was generally a "could this be the one who breaks it" kinda feel.

Feel like it could have been better used to propel a *brace yourself* NEW FUCKING TALENT rather than someone already established who was already over without the need for the rub.

So yes, in the end, it was pointless other than to have a best of 3 series that is now forgettable.

If you fail to see how they misused the "streak being broken" then I would point you to your own words:

18 months of business = fuck all

cool, got it.

drave
02-18-2016, 07:01 AM
Be honest with yourself and stop trying to live up to your screen name for a minute......

Did Taker benefit from it? How? The streak is gone and the "best of" feud is forgotten at this point. People will point to the streak loss, but the other two matches? C'mon.

And Lesnar. Did he NEED that rub to wreck Cena at SS a month later? Not at all. Everyone knew he was a beast (no pun intended) before he even beat the streak. And again, what benefit has that given Lesnar? Heyman came out to mention the broken streak only to goad more matches with Taker. It simply isn't talked about anymore, which is sad considering it took two decades to achieve what was.

It should have been a much bigger deal for both Taker and the person who beat the streak.

Theo Dious
02-18-2016, 12:27 PM
The more I think about it the more this card can be a total gimme after Sunday.

Triple H vs Dean Ambrose - WWE WORLD Heavyweight Championship match

Undertaker vs Roman Reigns

Brock Lesnar vs Wyatt Family - Gauntlet match

Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles - Intercontinental Championship match

Charotte vs Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks- Divas Championship match

Rock & John Cena promo

Andre Battle Royal

Damian Rey 2.0
02-18-2016, 12:31 PM
That's a pretty fresh card Theo. Love it actually.

Theo Dious
02-18-2016, 12:45 PM
I forgot to put Sasha in the Divas match.

Theo Dious
02-18-2016, 12:47 PM
I'd also like to see a fatal 4 way Divas match for a MitB style "any time anywhere" title shot.

Damian Rey 2.0
02-18-2016, 01:25 PM
Who'd be in it? Paige, Natalya, Alicia Fox and...?

Theo Dious
02-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Might be a good way to introduce Bayley to the main roster.

Theo Dious
02-18-2016, 07:39 PM
They might also wanna throw Chris Jericho and a ladder into the IC match.

The CyNick
02-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Enzo & Cass or The Bullet Club will debut. Neither will be bigger than Big E winning the Andre Battle Royal would be.

I would rather see them against better opponents. Will be interested to see what comes of the segment at Fastlane.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2016, 04:59 AM
My guess is that they bully Christian and then he introduces us to The Bullet Club, The New Day shit themselves, and then there's a house-cleaning segment and we have our face challengers.

Either that or The Dudleys and The Usos get involved to set up the clusterfuck tag.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2016, 05:00 AM
The more I think about it the more this card can be a total gimme after Sunday.

Triple H vs Dean Ambrose - WWE WORLD Heavyweight Championship match

Undertaker vs Roman Reigns

Brock Lesnar vs Wyatt Family - Gauntlet match

Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles - Intercontinental Championship match

Charotte vs Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks- Divas Championship match

Rock & John Cena promo

Andre Battle Royal

I could totally see all of that happening.

mike adamle
02-19-2016, 05:50 AM
WWE Title Match- Triple H (C) vs. Roman Reigns

No DQ- Undertaker vs. Dean Ambrose

WWE Tag Team Title Fatal 4-Way TLC Match- The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston) (C) vs. The Usos (Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso) vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley & D-Von Dudley) vs. League Of Nations (Alberto Del Rio & Sheamus)

WWE Intercontinental Title Match- Kevin Owens (C) vs. AJ Styles

WWE Diva's Title Triple Threat Match- Charlotte (C) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal- Everyone else

Jordan
02-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Roman/Triple H

Cena/Undertaker

Lesnar/Ambrose

AJ/Owens

New Day/League of Nations

Charlotte/Lynch/Banks (is Paige injured? add her if not)

And then the rest is bs

slik
02-22-2016, 10:22 AM
WrestleMania:
Roman /HHH
Taker/Cena
Brock/Dean
Owens/AJ
Banks/Charlotte/Lynch
Andre Battle Royal

Pre-Show:
Divas Match
Stardust/Amell
U.S. Title if Kalisto is not in Andre Battle Royal

Jordan
02-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Could also see....

Roman/Triple H
Lesnar/Ambrose
Styles/Cena
Taker/Kane/Big Show/Ryback vs The Wyatt Family - Hell in a Cell
Banks/Charlotte/Lynch
Owens/Kalisto
Andre Battle Royal

Jordan
02-22-2016, 02:28 PM
They put Styles over big so far, I feel like a match for the IC title would be great but Styles/Cena would be incredible.

The CyNick
02-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Crowd reaction to Styles was weird on Sunday. There were dueling chants for him and Y2J, but no real heat for the spots in the match.

I don't think Styles has earned the John Cena spot. Styles vs Owens is far more logical to me.

The CyNick
02-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm also still expecting a multi person US title Ladder Match. Best way to feature Kalisto and give him a moment, since it seems like they really want to push him.

XL
02-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Crowd reaction to Styles was weird on Sunday. There were dueling chants for him and Y2J, but no real heat for the spots in the match.

I don't think Styles has earned the John Cena spot. Styles vs Owens is far more logical to me.

Report from the SD! taping said he was more over than New Day, who are the most over thing on the roster.

#GospelNotGossip

JimmyMess
02-24-2016, 07:33 PM
heard a random theory, shane will pull out of the hell in a cell with a replacement, john cena.

harmsway
02-24-2016, 08:29 PM
Cynick,please shut down this random theory!!! Make them quote sources!

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2016, 05:30 AM
Another card:

Triple H (c) (w/ Stephanie McMahon) vs. Roman Reigns (w/ The Rock)

Hell in a Cell
If Shane McMahon wins, then he gets control of Monday Night RAW
The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon

No Holds Barred Street Fight Hardcore No DQ Match
Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Dean Ambrose

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles vs. The Miz vs. Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Neville vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Mark Henry

Participants: Adam Rose, Big E, Big Show, Bo Dallas, Braun Strowman, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Diego, El Torito, Erick Rowan, Fandango, Fernando, Finlay, Goldust, Heath Slater, Hornswoggle, Jack Swagger, Jamie Noble, Joey Mercury, Kofi Kingston, Konnor, Luke Harper, R-Truth, Road Dogg, Rusev, Ryback, Sin Cara, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Viktor, Xavier Woods, Zack Ryder

Six-Man Tag Team Match
The New Day vs. The League of Nations

Kalisto (c) vs. Stardust

Dudley Boyz (c) vs. The Usos

Divas Tag Team Match
Nattie & Bratty vs. Team BAD

* Lynch should be in the Divas Title match as a pure babyface. Natalya & Paige have a nice tag team thing going. Why not just have issues between those two teams build and let give them some time on either the Kickoff or between more important matches on the main show?

* I could see Chris Jericho bringing Money in the Bank back as a WrestleMania concept. It would step on the toes of the actual PPV event, but I feel that should change anyway. Look, MITB is a lot of fun, but you've got too many top guys fighting over this "break-out star" prize. Jericho could remind everyone that MITB was his idea, and he can invite Styles to join him in fighting over the title shot. The Miz crashes that party because of his issues with Jericho and Styles, and because he has won the briefcase before. Kevin Owens is IC Champ and feels entitled to be invited. Dolph Ziggler wants a chance to steal the show and has proven he can win MITB too. Bray Wyatt needs something to do at WrestleMania and this could be the ticket to his absolution. Neville is in there to do cool shit. I originally had Kane in there, but Mark Henry is a big black dude from Texas and hasn't really been tied into the Wyatt Family destroying titans bullshit.

* The Battle Royal returns and is basically a vehicle to get everyone on the card. There is some comedy (The Social Outcasts, Hornswoggle & El Torito, Los Matadores), some surprise nostalgia returns (Finlay, J&J Security, Road Dogg), some big dudes taking it seriously (Big Show, Kane, The Wyatt Family) and The New Day to make people actually give a shit. Big E wins it.

* The New Day vs. The League of Nations without the belts seems odd, but in order to get heat for the match, I could see The League costing The New Day the titles. Right now, New Day are too fucking over for any team to really handle beating them as heels. The Usos aren't going to get cheered over them. The League helps The Dudleys win the tag belts, which gives them their tenth reign, which you just know they want to do, and personalizes issues between the two factions.

* The Dudleys will probably get cheered over The Usos, but I think they are the sort of heel team that could talk shit at WrestleMania and actually get themselves booed. They might fuck with Rikishi a bit in the build-up to Mania as well. Look like real dicks. The Usos winning the belts might get booed, but at least they're not beating The New Day.

* Kalisto vs. Stardust seems weird, but I'm not sure they go with Stephen Amell working a full match. They might, but I think they've already got Shane McMahon for that "freak show" component. Kalisto is someone that they clearly want to push, but he doesn't really match up with too many guys on the roster that are on the way up (or down) that he can beat without fucking up their vibe. Cody Rhodes has been on the main roster long enough to be seen as a veteran worthy of a Mania spot, and he's really thrown himself into this Stardust gimmick. Cody is too great a talent to not be doing anything, but hasn't been important enough to do something heavy. It's not going to be a major attraction or anything, but I think they give these two ten minutes to get their shit in, make Kalisto look really good, and let Cody have some time at Mania. The Green Arrow might help out the WWE's resident superhero here...

Jordan
02-25-2016, 09:25 AM
I think that with the Dudley new anti table gimmick they will set up some kind of TLC match. Maybe Dudley's/AJ & Jericho/Uso's/New Day? But they would leave of League of Nations and I don't know what to do with them.

The CyNick
02-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Report from the SD! taping said he was more over than New Day, who are the most over thing on the roster.

#GospelNotGossip

Didn't read that. But i did notice New Day didn't get a massive pop on SD.

The CyNick
02-25-2016, 06:28 PM
heard a random theory, shane will pull out of the hell in a cell with a replacement, john cena.

I did notice the graphic for Shane-Taker was different than the other matches for Mania. But seems like Shane has to be in the match based on the heat for the set up. I just don't get why Taker wants to be involved.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2016, 08:12 PM
I think that with the Dudley new anti table gimmick they will set up some kind of TLC match. Maybe Dudley's/AJ & Jericho/Uso's/New Day? But they would leave of League of Nations and I don't know what to do with them.

I have a feeling we'll see The New Day be mixing it up with The League of Nations in some fashion. I think they might take Barrett off television or keep him out of the ring. A six-man would work fine.

Jericho & Styles seem to be working on their partnership, but could also end up feuding before they get to Mania. Styles is hot enough to get over as a singles guy. Heel Jericho is where it is at right now. Do they do Jericho vs. Styles at Mania? They could, but with Shane coming back, I think it squeezes a lot of would-be programs together. For example, where does Bray Wyatt go? A singles match with Kane? Kevin Owens isn't really going to be facing Big Show for the IC Title is he? That's why I've condensed all those feuds into a match where guys have something to prove -- the Money in the Bank and the Andre Battle Royal. It also saves the one-on-one blow-offs for post-Mania season. Jericho vs. AJ will happen, but it could be used to pop a RAW ratings spike. And we have seen it on PPV already.

The Dudleys and The Usos still haven't had their big blow-off match yet. I could see them being thrown into the New Day/League of Nations issue, but I think that actually dilutes the power of those rivalries. If you go the route of the six-man tag, it allows there to be clear face vs. heel lines and the Dudleys can "make" The Usos/help the jamming of them down people's throats.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2016, 08:23 PM
I think someone will enter the role of "trainer" for Shane McMahon for WrestleMania season. Kevin Owens or Dolph Ziggler are my picks for that. Ziggler could easily win a match on RAW and look at the WrestleMania sign:

"I've been stealing the show here for eight years now. At Fastlane I failed to become the Intercontinental Champion and now I'm standing on the outside looking in. I've got a question for you, WWE Universe -- do you think Dolph Ziggler can make it in the WWE? Do you think Dolph Ziggler has what it takes to be a champion again? No. No, it can't happen in a WWE run by Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. That's why I'm backing Shane McMahon 100% at WrestleMania. I've got nothing but respect for The Undertaker, but I will lend every bit of knowledge and ability I have to making sure that Shane McMahon is ready to steal the show at WrestleMania. Steal the show right away from The Authority."

Kevin Owens' approach would be more like:

"Do you know what this belt over my shoulder symbolizes? It doesn't just mean more money for my family -- it means I'm a very good fighter. I'm such a good fighter that I can be considered one of the best. One day I will be the best. Some think this gives me an ego. You're damn right this gives me an ego. And last week that ego was disrespected. That ego was disrespected by none other than Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Now, I don't have a problem with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. They sign my paychecks -- (to the crowd) you morons don't. They have given me opportunities in the WWE, but last week Shane McMahon made his return and Vince wanted to punish his wayward son. What did he do? He booked Shane McMahon in a Hell in a Cell match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania. (Owens sniffles in rage) If Vince McMahon wanted somebody to hurt his son, then he should have put him in a match against me for this Intercontinental Title. Because if anyone gets between me and this belt -- if anyone gets me and money for my family -- I will tear them limb from limb. That I was overlooked for The Undertaker? That makes my blood boil. You're out of date, Vince. You send that relic to do a job that I could do a lot more efficiently. There does need to be change, Vince. I'm going to teach Shane McMahon everything he needs to know to beat your gothic goon at WrestleMania."

Shane McMahon and Kevin Owens seem like they could have great on-screen chemistry.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2016, 11:05 PM
The latest in my "no wasted motion" cards:

Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels
Triple H (c) (w/ Stephanie McMahon) vs. Roman Reigns

Hell in a Cell

No Holds Barred Street Fight
Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose

Triple Threat Match for the Women's Championship

Money in the Bank or IC/US Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kevin Owens vs. Kalisto vs. Neville vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Kane

Won by Big E

8-Man Tag Team Match
The New Day & Mark Henry vs. The League of Nations

The Dudley Boyz (c) vs. The Usos

Kickoff: Divas Invitational
Alicia Fox vs. Brie Bella vs. Cameron vs. Emma vs. Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Paige vs. Summer Rae vs. Tamina

Kickoff: Triple Threat Tag Team Match
Fandango & Tyler Breeze vs. The Awesome Truth vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust (w/ Stephen Amell)

Jordan
02-26-2016, 01:44 PM
The latest in my "no wasted motion" cards:

Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels
Triple H (c) (w/ Stephanie McMahon) vs. Roman Reigns

Hell in a Cell

No Holds Barred Street Fight
Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose

Triple Threat Match for the Women's Championship

Money in the Bank or IC/US Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kevin Owens vs. Kalisto vs. Neville vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Kane

Won by Big E

8-Man Tag Team Match
The New Day & Mark Henry vs. The League of Nations

The Dudley Boyz (c) vs. The Usos

Kickoff: Divas Invitational
Alicia Fox vs. Brie Bella vs. Cameron vs. Emma vs. Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Paige vs. Summer Rae vs. Tamina

Kickoff: Triple Threat Tag Team Match
Fandango & Tyler Breeze vs. The Awesome Truth vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust (w/ Stephen Amell)

Good card I would enjoy it. I think though it will look like this...

...................................................................................

-WWE World Heavyweight Championship-
Special Referee: Seth Rollins
Triple H w/Shawn Michaels vs Roman Reigns w/The Rock

-Hell in a Cell-
The Undertaker w/Vince McMahon vs Shane McMaon w/Steve Austin

-Street Fight-
Brock Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose

-TLC for the WWE Tag Team Championship-
The New Day vs Styles & Jericho vs The Uso's vs The New Day

-WWE Divas Championshp Triple Threat-
Charlotte vs Lynch vs Banks

-Champion vs Champion-
Kalisto vs Kevin Owens

-Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal-
Featuring The Wyatt Family, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Rusev, Big Show, Kane, Ryback, Mark Henry, Tyler Breeze, The Social Outcasts, Dolph Ziggler, etc...

I know I'm going out on a limb with Champion vs Champion but I feel AJ is best used in a TLC with Jericho, that would probably be awesome. And they are likely to do some kind of multiman ladder match. I feel its better for the tag titles this year than a singles. I feel like Austin fits in more with Taker/Shane. HBK should be involved in the main event to heel out Triple H. It will be tough considering they are in Texas but he is an amazing heel. Remember how good he was as ref in Hell in a Cell a few years back? Seth Rollins should totally be involved and perhaps even screw over Triple H. I think he'd be a better choice for referee than HBK because he should make a statement at Wrestlemania.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2016, 02:41 AM
Real great card, Fragile X. Real great card. In fact, I'd say that might have a chance of happening. I'm wondering if they are going to use The Rock and Shawn Michaels in corners though. I'm wondering if they might just do HBK or Rollins as Special Guest Referee and have The Rock beat up The Social Outcasts somewhere else? Austin & Rock both beating them up maybe.

Instead of Austin in the corner of Shane, I think they might give Shane a "trainer." Someone to try and build more credibility for him in the ring. Well, an active wrestler to try and share some of the shine Shane gets anyway. My leading candidates for that are Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler. Given that the Champion vs. Champion thing seems about as good as anything they'll be doing with Owens -- and they probably want to keep him heel for Sami Zayn coming up after WrestleMania -- I think Dolph Ziggler would make a lot of sense. Maybe that's clutter though? Bray Wyatt and Ziggler being the last two in the Battle Royal would also work.

This would leave Natalya & Paige vs. Team BAD for the Kickoff.

If they want to add an eighth match to the main card, I could see them going with either Bray Wyatt vs. Kane (taking both out of the Battle Royal) or Stardust vs. Arrow.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2016, 02:46 AM
The reason I think Bray Wyatt vs. Kane has a really good chance of happening -- it's Kane and it's Bray Wyatt. Once you move Bray Wyatt out of the main event six with Shane McMahon taking a spot, an easy upper mid-card win seems pretty obvious for him. Plus he hasn't won at Mania yet. Maybe he beats Kane and takes the mask as a trophy or something?

It won't go long and it won't be a major part of advertising like Wyatt's previous matches, but at least it won't be a fucking Ring of Fire match. It's also a good measuring stick to see how far Bray Wyatt has progressed in the last few years. Can he draw people into anything he does? I'm not trying to say Kane is a worthless sack of shit or anything, because he's not -- but the style of the match will be one that they need to work really hard on to get over with such a smarky audience in 2016.

Another option is Wyatt vs. Ryback, but I think both need a win on that level too much. That could, however, add drama. Wyatt vs. Ziggler in something that hasn't even been slightly alluded to on the air would be the best match of the lot, and could keep the crowd lively through it.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2016, 03:18 AM
Another choice to take the Battle Royal: Samoa Joe.

After WrestleMania, I'd be shocked if Sami Zayn isn't called up to the main roster full-time to work a program over the Intercontinental Title with Kevin Owens. Looking at the guys and gals in NXT that are also ready to be called up, Samoa Joe has to top the list. Finn Balor is ready, but is currently the NXT Champion. With Shinsuke Nakamura in NXT, it seems like The Demon Prince vs. The King of Strong Style is too obvious a match to pass-up. I think Balor will likely surpass Neville as the longest reigning NXT Champion of all-time before eventually dropping the belt to Nakamura in Japan in July.

Either that or Balor retains there with assistance of a very special club...

I know people want Balor main roster now, but I feel that everyone knowing he's ready while he dominates NXT is a good way to build anticipation. Balor vs. Nakamura is more than capable of headlining Takeover Brooklyn 2: Electric Boogaloo, and when he drops the belt there (or loses the rematch as a face), he'll be ready to jump onto either RAW or SmackDown.

But Joe is a guy that has a few years left to make some main roster money. He's a unique enough presence in the ring and his crisp and firm promo style is enough to make him stand out. I see Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens defining the SmackDown mid-card for a few months, with the rise of Joe being a prominent story on the RAW side of things. Zayn vs. Owens for the IC Title and Joe vs. Cena for the US Title on a PPV card? Yes, please. If we're talking SummerSlam, you could also have Reigns vs. Brock vs. Ambrose II and Triple H vs. Seth Rollins. SummerSlam sold.

You could also have Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady for a trash-talking feud with The New Day, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows jumping AJ Styles & Chris Jericho ("You left us behind, AJ!") and Bayley coming up and finding resistance from "veterans" like Natalya & Paige.

A lot of people want the tag belts on one brand and the women's on another, but I feel having travelling champions might be better. They're "World" titles right? Bayley, Paige & Natalya can have SmackDown and Charlotte, Becky & Sasha can have RAW -- although it won't be long before it gets an Asuka injection.

But the big point in this: What better way to debut Samoa Joe than at WrestleMania after failing to win the NXT Title the night before? A sour Joe wins the Battle Royal, finds himself aligning with Shane McMahon's RAW and enters a feud with John Cena after beating Kalisto for the US Title.

Jordan
02-27-2016, 01:55 PM
I think Bray needs a big win as well.... I'd have the Wyatt Family be the final four in the battle royal and Bray makes the other guys toss over Strowman. Then we set up an eventual split between Bray and Braun. Kane vs Bray sounds so lame to me, I'd really prefer that wasn't on WM. It could be accomplished in the battle royal. I don't really know what to do with Kevin Owens if he isn't facing AJ Styles or Dolph Ziggler, which doesn't look likely. I would enjoy Owens vs Kalisto but that is all in my head.

When it comes to Balor... I'm not as sold as most others. I'd keep him in NXT for the time being. I just don't see him being a huge star unless they bring him up with The Bullet Club. But then where does AJ fit into that? Can we just ignore that he as well was the leader of The Bullet Club? Or do the two feud for a while?

I'm feeling certain Austin is going to be involved in Hell in a Cell. It's too perfect, his lifelong feud with Vince can always be picked up at any time. I don't think that WWE is going to waste Austin or The Rock on something throwaway like The Social Outcasts. Rock has to be involved with Roman, it's the only story that makes sense.

Mr. Nerfect
02-28-2016, 05:25 PM
I'm thinking that they could set up Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn really easily. I know there are lots of people that want to save this until post-Mania, but I think Owens vs. Zayn in a big opening fight makes sense, and there is time to introduce people to their history.

Alternatively, maybe the WWE gives Rob Van Dam a call? He's now got the biggest untarnished WrestleMania streak in the company. Owens vs. RVD for the IC Title could open the show in a big way too.

Mr. Nerfect
02-28-2016, 05:27 PM
I was thinking the other day that Kalisto might end up feuding with Sin Cara in time for Mania. It was something I dismissed earlier, but you can make an intellectual case for it: Why would they keep the US Title on a tag wrestler and bring his tag partner back on the very cluttered Road to WrestleMania if they don't plan to have focus shifted to that title?

Maybe they will make it Mask vs. Mask to try and make it feel "heavier" in time for Mania?

Mr. Nerfect
02-28-2016, 05:38 PM
If we concede that there is going to be a Battle Royal and the Divas Title match, then it realistically leaves three spots. Owens vs. Zayn, Kalisto vs. Sin Cara and New Day vs. Y2AJ would be my picks. I think adding The Dudleys and The Usos to the Tag Title program at this point is just dilution.

Jordan
02-29-2016, 04:19 PM
I really don't see Sin Cara getting a single match over a guy like Ziggler or Big Show. You know what I mean? Sin Cara vs Kalisto is just not ready for Wrestlemania in the slightest.
I also don't see the Dudley Boys getting a standard tag match with The Uso's, it is just so ordinary. While Zayn vs Owens would be fantastic, they'd better set it up tonight if they are going to do it. At this point I don't see it happening. Zayn is going to wrestle Nakamura at Takeover, I don't think Nakamaura does the job. It wouldn't make sense to give Zayn a title shot after a loss with literally no main roster build.

I am at a loss as to what happens with Owens. I think that the natural match would be with Style but they haven't even hinted at that aside from Owen's eliminating him in The Rumble.

Now that we have Hell in a Cell and a Street Fight I don't think its a lock that we get a ladder match. It could help but it doesn't seem obvious at this point. It's getting tough to predict.

Mr. Nerfect
02-29-2016, 07:51 PM
My last three matches now stand as:

* The New Day & John Cena vs. The League of Nations

If Cena gets himself healthy, I think the WWE brings him back. I don't think they should, but I think they would. Given that everyone in the main event is pretty locked up, this is a great way to use Cena that doesn't require him to work his ass off. The New Day & Cena would be tremendously over together, and it plays off Cena's history with the guys in The League. If they do this, The New Day should probably remain Tag Team Champions, and Kalisto should probably drop the US Title to either Sheamus or Rusev.

* AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho

Without a Tag Team Title match, keeping these guys together as a team isn't as important. You can do the Tag Title match on RAW or SmackDown and have Jericho turn on AJ. Heel Jericho would be a tremendous breath of fresh air right now.

* Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn for the IC Title

I think they could very easily set this up. It'd be a good choice for opener too. I think Big Show probably gets the title shot, but Show would have more of a storyline connection to the Battle Royal too (his feud with Bray and an attempt to repeat as winner). Shane McMahon brings up Sami Zayn on RAW after Kevin Owens smarts off to Shane.

This would be in addition to the Battle Royal and the women's Triple Threat.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Main card:

* Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title
* Triple H vs. Roman Reigns
* The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon in HIAC
* Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks for the Divas Title
* The New Day vs. The League of Nations in a 3-on-4 Handicap Match
* Stephanie McMahon vs. AJ Lee
* Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles
* Kevin Owens (c) vs. Big Show vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz vs. Neville vs. Kane vs. Bray Wyatt in an IC Title Ladder Match

Kickoff:

* Kalisto (c) vs. Stardust for the US Title
* Paige & Natalya vs. Team BAD
* Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal starring Ryback and The Wyatt Family
* Brie Bella vs. Lana
* Dudley Boyz vs. The Usos in a Tag Team Tables Match

I think it's possible that the girls will just be thrown into an Invitational. The best thing about that is that Emma might get a spot in that. But I think from a storytelling perspective having the singles and the tag on the Kickoff will allow more girls proper shine.

Kalisto vs. Stardust is completely random, but I think it would be a good match and they can advertise it using the comic book stylings they've taken to for Stardust matches. Maybe Stephen Amell gets involved at some point? I could also see Kalisto vs. Ryback and Stardust in the Ladder Match, but I hate it when they change the number of things, so they should just leave it as seven men, I think. Cody is a good enough performer to really warrant the spot headlining the Kickoff, which I think they might turn into a "thing" for a few years until they lose interest in it.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm not really a fan of them doing the Battle Royal this year. They don't really need it. It's basically going to be about one or two guys anyway. They're going to be taking guys out of other matches just to stock it up.

XL
03-06-2016, 09:46 AM
The Wyatts will own the BR. They'll clear house between them, Bray will pose whilst the other 3 head out over the top. Braun will pause, teasing dissension before Harper and Rowan pull him down off the apron.

The MAC
03-07-2016, 09:04 AM
What about Kurt Angle's Return ???

#1-norm-fan
03-07-2016, 09:38 AM
I'm not really a fan of them doing the Battle Royal this year. They don't really need it. It's basically going to be about one or two guys anyway. They're going to be taking guys out of other matches just to stock it up.

I like the idea of making the Andre the Giant battle royal a WrestleMania tradition. It takes time to make that giant statue that represents one of wrestling's greatest icons something worth fighting for but if they could successfully build it over time, it could be an instant feature of the card every year. Even if you're just using the guys who aren't in the main matches and using it as a "star of tomorrow" vehicle.

drave
03-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Except when it actually means nothing 2 weeks after :|

Big Vic
03-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Except when it actually means nothing 2 weeks after :|
You could say that about 90% of WWE right now.

Big Vic
03-07-2016, 11:30 AM
I like the Battle Royal because it gives people like the "Social Outcasts" something to promo about Mania season.

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2016, 07:17 PM
I don't dislike the Battle Royal as a concept, but this year you're basically running off The Wyatts, Ryback and The Social Outcasts. Cool.

Evil Vito
03-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Updated Card Prediction:

Roman Reigns vs. Triple H (C)

Street Fight
Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar

Hell in a Cell

Grudge Match

4-on-3 Handicap Match for the WWE Tag Team Championships - Freebird Rule for Everybody!
The League of Nations vs. The New Day (C)

WWE Divas Championship
Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte (C)

WWE United States Championship
Ryback vs. Kalisto (C)

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Ladder Match
Sami Zayn vs. Neville vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. The Miz vs. Kevin Owens (C)

Pre-Show Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Adam Rose, Big Show, Bo Dallas, Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Bubba Ray Dudley, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, D-Von Dudley, Erick Rowan, Fandango, Goldust, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Kane, Konnor, Luke Harper, Mark Henry, R-Truth, Sin Cara, Tyler Breeze, Viktor, Zack Ryder

#1 Contendership for the Divas Title - Winner gets a title shot the next night on Raw
Not sure if this would be a one on one or yet another battle royal/multi-person match but I'd guess Brie wins it to give the crowd a chance to YES early on. The match the next night on Raw would likely be her final match with the company.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 10:32 AM
I think you've got it, Vito. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 10:34 AM
The one thing I would change: I think Kane ends up in the IC Title Ladder Match. Just because. It's WrestleMania in Texas where his bro is basically "main eventing" if he's not headlining. He'll be a "base" for the guys in there, and be a veteran to help guide the match. He'll also be a good vehicle for some big spots where they need a guy to muscle people around either onto, with or into ladders.

road doggy dogg
03-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Is Brie retiring?

Kalisto/Ryback sounds really awful... and I like both of those guys

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 10:40 AM
I like the visual, but the match is all "What is going to happen?" Once they start doing shit one or both guys is going to look either terrible or foolish.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 10:40 AM
There is word that Brie is planning on finishing up with the company, RDD.

Big Vic
03-09-2016, 10:43 AM
I think the opening pre-show match will be Lana vs Brie.

road doggy dogg
03-09-2016, 10:48 AM
There is word that Brie is planning on finishing up with the company, RDD.

Damn... I mean, I don't blame her. Her sister and husband both basically done, the writing has really been on the wall I guess

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 10:51 AM
I'm not a big fan of her in the ring. She was my favorite Bella at first, but Nikki far surpassed her. Her matches recently have been a lot more on-point than they often are though.

Jordan
03-13-2016, 09:54 PM
What role with Cena and Rollins play at Wrestlemania if any? I can't see Cena left off and I really don't think Rollins should.

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2016, 03:19 PM
To be honest, I'd rather Rollins sit-out until he's ready to make a comeback. I want that first time he's back to be a huge face moment where he goes right after Triple H.

I'd show John Cena in the crowd before the title match. Have it basically insinuated that he's training to return to the top. Also show Randy Orton in the crowd. Then cut to Cesaro in a suit with one or two hot ladies holding a "Cesaro Section" sign looking all cocky.

Subconsciously you're linking Cesaro with this main event tier. You're giving him good shine at Mania so people actually care when he comes back. You're also giving something to Cena and Orton by making it feel like the company cares a lot about when they are coming back.

Well, that's what I'd do. I'm a Meltzer sheep though...

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Since The League of Nations are pretty flat right now, I wonder if they pull the plug on The New Day program with them, and speed The Wyatts up for a Tag Title program with them in time for Mania? After that performance against Brock Lesnar, they probably have more of a stiffy for Harper now than ever before. He and Erick Rowan were a damn good team together too.

Bray himself can just talk for them and get involved in Ambrose/Lesnar to set up a Payback clash between himself and Lesnar. But yeah, I'd be more excited for that than The New Day vs. League match that has been teased.

Jordan
03-14-2016, 04:29 PM
To be honest, I'd rather Rollins sit-out until he's ready to make a comeback. I want that first time he's back to be a huge face moment where he goes right after Triple H.

I'd show John Cena in the crowd before the title match. Have it basically insinuated that he's training to return to the top. Also show Randy Orton in the crowd. Then cut to Cesaro in a suit with one or two hot ladies holding a "Cesaro Section" sign looking all cocky.

Subconsciously you're linking Cesaro with this main event tier. You're giving him good shine at Mania so people actually care when he comes back. You're also giving something to Cena and Orton by making it feel like the company cares a lot about when they are coming back.

Well, that's what I'd do. I'm a Meltzer sheep though...

That would be cool :y::y:

Sepholio
03-14-2016, 04:50 PM
So many of you Meltzer sheep......... It's sickening.

The CyNick
03-14-2016, 04:50 PM
I'm not a fan of showing people who are off TV on camera. IMO it hurts the reaction when they do come back.

The cool thing is Reigns should have a nice stream of new guys to program with throughout 2016.

Big Vic
03-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Reigns vs HHH, Payback
Reigns v Ryback, The PPV after Payback.

The CyNick
03-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Since The League of Nations are pretty flat right now, I wonder if they pull the plug on The New Day program with them, and speed The Wyatts up for a Tag Title program with them in time for Mania? After that performance against Brock Lesnar, they probably have more of a stiffy for Harper now than ever before. He and Erick Rowan were a damn good team together too.

Bray himself can just talk for them and get involved in Ambrose/Lesnar to set up a Payback clash between himself and Lesnar. But yeah, I'd be more excited for that than The New Day vs. League match that has been teased.

Wyatt's don't fit with New Day. New Day are goofy, and Wyatts are serious guys in sheep masks.

Plus New Day will need a new program post Mania.

The CyNick
03-14-2016, 04:54 PM
Reigns vs HHH, Payback
Reigns v Ryback, The PPV after Payback.

I would hold off on Ryback

Let him run with the US title for a few months. Then he can attack Reigns.

Big Vic
03-14-2016, 04:58 PM
That sounds like a good idea, therefore it won't happen.

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Wyatt's don't fit with New Day. New Day are goofy, and Wyatts are serious guys in sheep masks.

Plus New Day will need a new program post Mania.

Wyatts don't fit, but they'll fit after Mania. Okay.

Sepholio
03-14-2016, 09:20 PM
lol Noid.

weather vane
03-14-2016, 09:56 PM
Waste Foley on a backstage segment? Cool barb wire bat though.

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2016, 09:34 AM
I didn't watch drunk this week, but the segment sounds good. I was hoping Mick would hype up a guy's importance for WrestleMania. He did that with Dean Ambrose. It's just a shame we can't get Brock Lesnar vs. Cactus Jack coming out of it.

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2016, 09:42 AM
Something is really off about Kalisto vs. Ryback. The visual clash is...interesting. Kalisto is actually pretty over. Ryback has this weird disconnect with his overness. People like to chant along with his shit, but that's because of the chanting. No one really believes in him. His promo style is all "I love you bro" and creepy weird. Like he goes over the top explaining how super tops Kalisto is but then craps all over his size. It's this weird Machiavellian level of being a dick, when he could probably just be all "I'm gonna beat you up" and everyone would believe it more.

It's like David vs. Goliath with both of them as faces. Plus they seem to be selling Kalisto as being afraid of Ryback. That's not really an endearing quality in a champ. It also makes Alberto Del Rio look like a piece of shit because Kalisto is like a super baller when they fight, but is like "Bro, not Ryback." It makes all the Hispanic guys look weaker than Ryback, which probably gives Vince a boner, but is sorta racist.

Are they going to have Ryback kill Kalisto with his faux-MMA shit, or is Ryback going to slip on another banana peel? These aren't really questions I'm interested in (I'm more intrigued by the dispositions of the guys, but not in a good way), but more general concerns for who wins and loses. Does Kalisto just get killed and go back to being a Lucha Dragon with the other guy Ryback killed?

It's like the company has this "creative writer" interest in Ryback's new persona and Kalisto being a small guy and don't really know how to book either guy to look that strong or like professional wrestlers with conviction. I know I sound super-smarky, but this is the WrestleMania piss-break because of it, and then how will anyone care about Ryback killing Kalisto or Kalisto finding a way to prove he deserves to be champion? This match should really be a painting of these two standing next to each other and Vince McMahon saying "Wouldn't this be cool?"

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Maybe this match would feel more...there if Kalisto accepted Ryback's challenge for before Mania? Ryback mounts him and DiCaprio-bears him, then Sin Cara throws in the towel. Ryback is the new US Champion and Sin Cara is all concerned about Kalisto's health because they're homies and shit. Kalisto is all distraught because his mate threw the match and cost him the title. Ryback is then all "Bro, I don't have anything to prove to you" about a rematch and Kalisto is like "No, I KNOW I can beat you." Maybe to prove it Kalisto puts his mask on the line or something. It'll increase the stakes to being more than just a match between bros who sometimes win their matches.

Maybe Ryback flips it on Kalisto and says he'll do the match but not for Kalisto's match...but for Sin Cara's. Kalisto takes it and Sin Cara is all "...Fuck." It continues the blurred lines telling of the story, but at least it increases the stakes. Kalisto can then lose and Sin Cara rips of his mask and goes back to being an unmasked heel, only this time less racist stereotype.

The CyNick
03-15-2016, 11:20 AM
Wyatts don't fit, but they'll fit after Mania. Okay.

It would just be an odd pivot so quickly.

Rather than your idea of hotshotting a 2 week build with a team they haven't even mentioned, you let this program with LON play out, which could be several months with the different team combinations. Then down the line after the Wyatts have beat a team or two, then they lay out New Day and they have a serious program.

The CyNick
03-15-2016, 11:24 AM
Maybe this match would feel more...there if Kalisto accepted Ryback's challenge for before Mania? Ryback mounts him and DiCaprio-bears him, then Sin Cara throws in the towel. Ryback is the new US Champion and Sin Cara is all concerned about Kalisto's health because they're homies and shit. Kalisto is all distraught because his mate threw the match and cost him the title. Ryback is then all "Bro, I don't have anything to prove to you" about a rematch and Kalisto is like "No, I KNOW I can beat you." Maybe to prove it Kalisto puts his mask on the line or something. It'll increase the stakes to being more than just a match between bros who sometimes win their matches.

Maybe Ryback flips it on Kalisto and says he'll do the match but not for Kalisto's match...but for Sin Cara's. Kalisto takes it and Sin Cara is all "...Fuck." It continues the blurred lines telling of the story, but at least it increases the stakes. Kalisto can then lose and Sin Cara rips of his mask and goes back to being an unmasked heel, only this time less racist stereotype.

A lot of craziness in those two posts.

Seems like a slow burn heel turn for Ryback. You should have a physically imposing babyface champion after Mania in Reigns, so you need to establish some big guys to feed him. Ryback fits that perfectly.

drave
03-15-2016, 12:02 PM
"THEY" already confirmed he is up for a WWE Championship push post-mania anyway.

Big Vic
03-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Will there be no battle royal this year?

#1-norm-fan
03-15-2016, 01:40 PM
After the pre-show demotion last year it wasn't looking good. So much potential for them to build a prestigious battle royal that they wouldn't even have to worry about booking a story behind every year. Down the drain.

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2016, 06:51 AM
It would just be an odd pivot so quickly.

Rather than your idea of hotshotting a 2 week build with a team they haven't even mentioned, you let this program with LON play out, which could be several months with the different team combinations. Then down the line after the Wyatts have beat a team or two, then they lay out New Day and they have a serious program.

Ha! You said something that actually makes sense. Maybe they should have done that with the IC Title program too?

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2016, 06:52 AM
A lot of craziness in those two posts.

Seems like a slow burn heel turn for Ryback. You should have a physically imposing babyface champion after Mania in Reigns, so you need to establish some big guys to feed him. Ryback fits that perfectly.

Reigns vs. Ryback. Man, I'm getting a boner thinking about that crowd reaction.

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2016, 06:52 AM
Will there be no battle royal this year?

Apparently it was actually confirmed on the RAW pre-show. There are like five guys they can put in it that matter.