PDA

View Full Version : as of right now, who on the main roster is totally over?

harmsway
03-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Discuss. Especially the cynick please, and shisen

Anybody Thrilla
03-01-2016, 11:57 PM
Ambrose

Damian Rey 2.0
03-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Gotta go with Ambrose. Taker is another one. Maybe, probably Lesnar.

Evil Vito
03-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Ambrose, which makes the fact that he's not in the main event of WrestleMania as the beloved babyface in favor of a guy being pushed as a face despite half of the audience hating him retarded beyond measure.

Damian Rey 2.0
03-02-2016, 12:13 AM
Ambrose is so much more over than Reigns it's ridiculous. I'd be curious to see what his merch numbers are. I recall seeing quite a bit of Ambrose gear at each ppv.

Lock Jaw
03-02-2016, 12:24 AM
Ambrose
Sasha Banks
AJ Styles (has the advantage of being new)

Wishbone
03-02-2016, 01:25 AM
Ambrose is the most over face on the roster right now, Sasha is the most over woman on the roster, and New Day are the most over heels.

Heisenberg
03-02-2016, 01:33 AM
Sasha Banks capitalized on every aspect of what it is to win everyone over. In the time she spent at NXT she was on her heel shit. It spilled over to the main roster when she was forced to pair up with Tamina and Naomi. What a slap in the face, I would have paired her with the entertaining persona herself, Alicia Fox and had them run wild on all the Divas.

Seems like Paige's push ended quite some time ago. Either that or she's injured for real. She seems to have developed a huge ego and she is not to blame. Being put in such a powerful position that early in her life can fuck with anyone. She's literally a baby adult. She'll steer the ship back in a few years.

Lock Jaw
03-02-2016, 01:35 AM
Would like to add The Miz to my list

Emperor Smeat
03-02-2016, 01:41 AM
Lesnar
Ambrose
Sasha
Owens in regards to heels

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-02-2016, 01:42 AM
-The New Day
-Dean Ambrose.
-AJ Styles
-Sasha Banks
-Kevin Owens (when allowed)
-Brock (when shows up)

Icame4Hookers
03-02-2016, 05:07 AM
I think it's safe to say and count Shane McMahon, he's a big baby face right now...

I've always wondered did WWE get rid of Daniel Bryan because he was too over?

Hanso Amore
03-02-2016, 06:20 AM
Ambrose is only as over as he is because people hate reigns as much as they do.

Ruien
03-02-2016, 07:37 AM
Would like to add The Miz to my list

Miz is so over. Really wish they would make him a tad bit better in the wins and loses though.

drave
03-02-2016, 08:51 AM

Disagree. Even if that were the case, it doesn't matter why he is over, just that he is. As is the case with anyone who is "really over".

Ambrose has the intangible "IT factor" that is so often described when talking about great performers. His charisma is off the charts, unlike that of Reigns who is rather bland in comparison.

I will be searching youtube for any potential Ambrose//Heyman exchanges, as that will be pure fucking money.

Theo Dious
03-02-2016, 09:45 AM

http://www.squaredcirclereviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Nope.jpg

BigCrippyZ
03-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Ambrose,
Ambrose,
and Ambrose

Or, if you prefer...

The Titty Master,
The Titty Master,
and The Titty Master.

Plus Lesnar & Heyman when they're there.

Theo Dious
03-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Miz is so over. Really wish they would make him a tad bit better in the wins and loses though.

They ought to keep Miz out of the ring altogether. I'd love to see him in a Paul Heyman role as the head of a Dangerous Alliance type stable consisting of a repackaged Ziggler, a de-comedy-fied Axel, and Sandow. Maybe even Cesaro.

Damian Rey 2.0
03-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Ambrose has been universally over since the SHIELD split. Even when Reigns was out of commission, or when he wasn't main eventing prior to Mania and the Rumble last year, the guy was red fucking hot. The fans could give a shit if Reigns is pushed or not when it comes to their love for Dean.

They have embraced the guy and cheer him like he's the fucking man.

Blonde Moment
03-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Ambrose is so overm, hell he actually made the last 12 rounds movie the best of the series really

Hanso Amore
03-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Disagree. Even if that were the case, it doesn't matter why he is over, just that he is. As is the case with anyone who is "really over".

Ambrose has the intangible "IT factor" that is so often described when talking about great performers. His charisma is off the charts, unlike that of Reigns who is rather bland in comparison.

I will be searching youtube for any potential Ambrose//Heyman exchanges, as that will be pure fucking money.

That's not a knock on dean. He's been booked horribly. He's gotten over because people want something interesting and fun, not roman.

Theo Dious
03-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Ambrose has been universally over since the SHIELD split..

Hey was also the most consistently overof the three during the Shield's run. There's a reason they gave him the US title singles run while Rollins & Reigns went the tag route, he was the one out of the three that could fly without a net.

Simple Fan
03-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Ambrose is the most over on the roster. Guy connects with the audience. Not another singles guy that touches him in my opinion. New Day are way over and I would like to see them hold a singles title.

Stickman
03-02-2016, 11:18 AM
Ambrose
Owens
Cesearo
Lesner
Aj Styles
Taker
Shane
charolette
Sasha
New Day
Dudleyz
HHH
And thats all

drave
03-02-2016, 11:59 AM
That's not a knock on dean. He's been booked horribly. He's gotten over because people want something interesting and fun, not roman.

Even with being booked horribly, he is over. It would make more sense by saying "He's gotten over because he is interesting and fun."

Because he would still be the same persona regardless of who is being pushed for the championship.

Now, if he were in a "bloodfeud" with Reigns, I would say that he is over because of a general dislike for Reigns, but outside of that triple threat, their actions haven't really impacted anything the other does.

Hanso Amore
03-02-2016, 12:21 PM
If reigns wasn't such a monumental flop and there was a legit number one baby face I don't think Ambrose would be nearly as over as he is right now. He's the anti reigns in the way punk and Bryan were the anti cenA

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Ambrose gets cheers, but is he really that over, guys? Listen to his reactions on RAW this week compared to, say, one of Daniel Bryan's pops.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Brock Lesnar
Paul Heyman
Shane McMahon
Vince McMahon
The Undertaker

The list is pretty small.

Mr. Nerfect
John Cena is over, but not entirely in the way they want him to be.

Mr. Nerfect
The New Day and Kevin Owens are also pretty over, but sometimes you get chirps. They could be over. Oh, and Bray Wyatt.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2016, 06:56 PM
AJ Styles is pretty over too.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2016, 06:57 PM
I think the problem with Dean Ambrose isn't that he's not over, per se, but that people know they can't really invest in him winning the big one. He's getting that also-ran stank like Dolph Ziggler. But if he was to win the title or something, I think we'd see the switch flip a little more.

harmsway
03-02-2016, 08:37 PM
Ambrose gets cheers, but is he really that over, guys? Listen to his reactions on RAW this week compared to, say, one of Daniel Bryan's pops.

So one bad crowd and he isn't over anymore?

Theo Dious
03-02-2016, 09:06 PM
Ambrose showcases the difference between being over and being hot. The crowd is behind him but they aren't being given anything to go nuts over. He's hovering right now in this odd place where the crowd doesn't know if he's going to be Austin or Foley. As soon as he'said given his moments the pops will come.

Theo Dious
03-02-2016, 09:06 PM
AJ Styles is pretty over too.

I'm interested to see if it lasts.

harmsway
03-02-2016, 09:28 PM

It wont

Theo Dious
03-02-2016, 10:31 PM
It wont

I concur but I was trying to be optimistic for a change. Personally I think he'll be in a Ziggler spot a year from now.

Stickman
03-02-2016, 11:40 PM
Bray Wyatt is over, he just needs to win a feud every nowand then.

XL
03-03-2016, 05:33 PM

It wont

I concur but I was trying to be optimistic for a change. Personally I think he'll be in a Ziggler spot a year from now.

Do you guys think that'll be down to him rather than the booking?

harmsway
03-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Do you guys think that'll be down to him rather than the booking?

I think it will last until the fickle fans stop getting hyped for his theme song, and notice he isn't great at promos

Theo Dious
03-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Kinda both, I don't see the interest holding out long enough to make it worth booking him in anything significant.

harmsway
03-04-2016, 03:29 PM
After he feuds with owens he will fall off

The CyNick
03-04-2016, 03:59 PM

If you create a bar high enough, eventually nobody can jump over it.

Comparing pops to Bryan in Seattle is well...very you. Actually is very #1-wwf-fan

Theo Dious
03-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Bryan's pops weren't entirely about Bryan either. People liked him and they got behind him but I'd say 30 - 40% of his pops had more to do with the audience at large reaching a "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore" point. Switch up time and place and Ziggler could have gotten something similar. Not saying Ziggler could have reached the same height, but a lot of what fed the reactions to Bryan had to do with real-life heat with the people running the show.

Also, the pops were that high when the Shield feuded with the Wyatts and Evolution. Get Ambrose on his own in a situation like that and the roof gets blown off. Watch his upcoming match against HHH, then we'll discuss what kind of pops he can garner.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:05 PM
So one bad crowd and he isn't over anymore?

Lol, that's not what I said.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:08 PM

Comparing pops to Bryan in Seattle is well...very you. Actually is very #1-wwf-fan

I wasn't comparing his pops to Bryan's in Seattle, moron. The question is not about where you set the bar if you go back and re-read the original post. You're not cute anymore.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Bryan's pops weren't entirely about Bryan either. People liked him and they got behind him but I'd say 30 - 40% of his pops had more to do with the audience at large reaching a "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore" point. Switch up time and place and Ziggler could have gotten something similar. Not saying Ziggler could have reached the same height, but a lot of what fed the reactions to Bryan had to do with real-life heat with the people running the show.

Also, the pops were that high when the Shield feuded with the Wyatts and Evolution. Get Ambrose on his own in a situation like that and the roof gets blown off. Watch his upcoming match against HHH, then we'll discuss what kind of pops he can garner.

I believe he's more over than Reigns and I am all for putting the belt on Ambrose at Roadblock. I just don't think he's "fully over." It's not a criticism of the guy -- it's amazing how over he is despite the WWE trying really hard to smash him into the mid-card.

Ambrose is one of those guys that seems to click the more important the stuff they give him is. Put him in the mid-card and he sort of cools off tremendously, but in a title program? The place can go pretty nuts. I've heard him get great reactions and I think he is the closest to actually getting over right now. But is he generally completely definitely white-hot mega-face over? No. He's generally pretty over and people like him and want to see him win matches. He's in a fine spot.

Blonde Moment
03-05-2016, 08:12 PM

Wait....
According to you isn't it up to Ambrose to connect with the fans and since he can't seem to get over it's his fault and not the company's? By your own standards Ambrose does not have it and should not be anywhere near close to the bar/ceiling/main event and Lesanr is as main event as you are ever going to get

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Ambrose showcases the difference between being over and being hot. The crowd is behind him but they aren't being given anything to go nuts over. He's hovering right now in this odd place where the crowd doesn't know if he's going to be Austin or Foley. As soon as he'said given his moments the pops will come.

I agree with this assessment.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Wait....
According to you isn't it up to Ambrose to connect with the fans and since he can't seem to get over it's his fault and not the company's? By your own standards Ambrose does not have it and should not be anywhere near close to the bar/ceiling/main event and Lesanr is as main event as you are ever going to get

I think CyNick's point is that if you expect a good product, you've got the bar too high.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:16 PM
I am not worried about AJ Styles at all.