PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers for 3/10/16

Emperor Smeat
03-08-2016, 11:06 PM
Dark Segment:
* The Owen Family ambushed Zack Ryder who was standing on the Smackdown ramp eating a burger while watching the crew setup the stage. During the beatdown, Owen O'Neil took a chair and viciously smashed the burger. Owen White then cut a promo against the "Man" for continuing to hold him down only to be interrupted by a furious Vince who fired Ryder on the spot for wasting food again.

Smackdown:
* Miz TV with Sami Zayn and WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens opens the show. Sami is brought out first and he gets a big pop. Miz disrespects him and out comes Owens to interrupt. Neville comes down and interrupts with Words for Owens. They get into it and Miz attacks Sami, leading to a tag team match.

* Sami Zayn and Neville defeated The Miz and Kevin Owens. Owens was called in to fight Zayn but he wouldn't, he walked out on the match. Miz took the pin from Zayn.

* Brie Bella defeated Summer Rae by submission. Lana was on commentary and attacked Brie after the match, hitting her with another Bella Buster.

* Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a great heel promo on AJ Styles and the fans that supported their tag team. Jericho lights fire to a Y2AJ t-shirt and lets it burn in a trash can. Jericho says Y2AJ is officially over. Good heat for Jericho here. AJ interrupts but The Ascension attacks him out of nowhere. Jericho retreats to the ramp while AJ clears the ring of The Ascension and stares Jericho down.

* King Barrett and Sheamus defeated Sin Cara and WWE United States Champion Kalisto when Barrett hit Cara with a Bullhammer.

* Ryback cut a backstage promo on Kalisto.

* The Wyatt Family vs. Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler and The Usos is the main event. The babyfaces get the win and celebrate together after a really good match and fun show.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 02:08 AM
It seems really fucked up to me that Ryback is being built to a singles title match against Kalisto for Mania, but the really talented guys are stuck in a multi-man.

ClockShot
03-09-2016, 06:22 AM
Spring's around the corner, seems like The Ascension is on borrowed time these days.

drave
03-09-2016, 06:56 AM
It seems really fucked up to me that Ryback is being built to a singles title match against Kalisto for Mania, but the really talented guys are stuck in a multi-man.

He is "rumored" to be getting another push post-Mania.

Big Vic
03-09-2016, 08:28 AM
Who from the Wyatt family was pinned?

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 08:33 AM
The Ascension really got a raw deal when they were called up. I'm not a huge fan of the team, but Viktor is good in the ring and Konnor has this weird sort of charisma that people could get into. They really needed to come in and decimate jobbers.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-09-2016, 08:38 AM
I hope Jericho works a full on slower heel style agains AJ. He is incapable of keeping up with Styles at this point of his career. Focus on telling a story, don't worry about doing backflips. You're 45 fucking years old. Focus on the facials, and being vicious. Let AJ bump around and sell, and don't try doing super complicated spots with that cheeseburger locker jiggling around. (LOL I'm being hard on him, I think he's in good shape for a guy his age, you can only fight gravity for so long especially if you're clean).

Bad News Gertner
03-09-2016, 08:44 AM
But what about the nom nom nom workrate?

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-09-2016, 09:30 AM
Last I checked, workrate and storytelling go hand in hand. Your workrate isn't worth shit if you're ALMOST hitting spots and constantly out of position. Focus on throwing good punches, working a body part, and doing the basics well and you're good to go.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Plus at this point, their match should be a brawl, since this is supposed to be a blood feud.

AJ should not try that asaai moonsault scorpion deathdrop on Jericho, because Jericho is not Kofi Kingston and just can't do it.

Bad News Gertner
03-09-2016, 09:35 AM
Last I checked, workrate and storytelling go hand in hand. Your workrate isn't worth shit if you're ALMOST hitting spots and constantly out of position. Focus on throwing good punches, working a body part, and doing the basics well and you're good to go.

Workrate and storytelling do not go hand in hand.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-09-2016, 09:42 AM
I don't believe someone is an excellent worker until they know how to tell a story. If you're just hitting "cool" moves with no story, who are you working?

Bad News Gertner
03-09-2016, 09:50 AM
I guess it all depends on your definition of workrate. The Young Bucks fly all over the ring but none of it means anything. I would say they have a high workrate but zero storytelling.

Evil Vito
03-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Not going to tape this.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 10:36 AM
I agree with Dale's definition of true workrate. I don't know what you call what The Bucks do, but it's not work. Well, I guess they work the smarks, so maybe that is the new workrate? But I think you are essentially arguing the same point, it's just the semantics of the term.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 10:37 AM
The Young Bucks are good "sports entertainers" and are going to go places in the WWE once they sign. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Heel Jericho is basically what you want, Dale, but I'm actually worried about this inclusion of The Ascension. They might have just been "bodies" to show Styles beating someone up, and their presence may not be attributed to Jericho, but I hope this doesn't go to The Bullet Club coming in.

I know people love them, and I'd like to see them cut their teeth as a tag team, but the whole "THE BULLET CLUB IS HERE!" thing doesn't really work in the context of the story. It's basically a heel story for Styles eventually, and right now he's working as a solo face guy. Put them as ruthless faces against The New Day or something after Mania. Have them come to Styles' aid when he gets beaten down by Bray Wyatt a few months down the track or something.

Bad News Gertner
03-09-2016, 11:18 AM
I think workrate and being a good worker are two seperate things IMO

Evil Vito
03-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Didn't the Young Bucks already burn their bridges with WWE by being huge dicks to Booker T the last time they came in for dark matches?

Bad News Gertner
03-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Lol who hasn't burned a bridge with the WWE at some point. If they can make the company money, the WWE will go after them.

owenbrown
03-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Ryder :( :shifty:

#BROKEN Hasney
03-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Didn't the Young Bucks already burn their bridges with WWE by being huge dicks to Booker T the last time they came in for dark matches?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuFame7CIAAz2Gy.jpg

Evil Vito
03-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Heh, didn't even realize that. Not only did they apparently "squash their beef" with Booker but apparently they did so backstage at an indy show I was actually at. Good for them.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Haven't watched young bucks but by the sounds of them in their interviews they know what they're doing and. doing good business. Can't argue with their success. But dunno if they'd make it in the wwe unless they used their smarts to adapt their style to a main stream market.

Sepholio
03-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Penis reference.

drave
03-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Lotta cock on your mind today there Beefcake!

Lock Jaw
03-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Everybody chanting for Y2J while he complains about the fans not chanting for him.....

Couldn't they have edited that out..... out of all things....

Heisenberg
03-09-2016, 11:04 PM

it'll be my piss break for the Kalisto involvement, unless Sin Cara is going to turn on him