PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Roode & Eric Young leave TNA

Nicky Fives
03-23-2016, 03:57 PM
With the recent news of these two guys leaving the sinking ship known as TNA, and with the recent departures of the likes of Samoa Joe, Austin Aries & A.J. Styles, it seems like a "TNA invades NXT" could be possible by the end of the year.... Smart fans would love it and after a few months of the invasion storyline, the "more-experienced" TNA guys could be used on the main roster or to put over the younger NXT talent....

Styles, Joe, Aries, Roode, EY, Storm and throw in Magnus, Galloway & EC3 and you could have quite the invading stable....

Evil Vito
03-23-2016, 04:11 PM
Vince didn't even attempt to make WCW look like a credible threat in an invasion angle. He sure as hell wouldn't make a TNA one look competent.

MIZantine Empire
03-23-2016, 05:35 PM
I wish James Storm stayed so wwe could sign roode, and then we could see the pg tag team "soda money".

bigpoppapump
03-23-2016, 11:28 PM
Wow........TNA is still around?

Fignuts
03-24-2016, 12:41 AM
lol tna invasion

Rollermacka
03-24-2016, 01:10 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GWM-9oqhYGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jari
03-24-2016, 07:35 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GWM-9oqhYGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This

TNA Invasion FFS!

drave
03-24-2016, 07:53 AM
loltna

Mr. Nerfect
03-25-2016, 12:13 AM
I'm honestly expecting Vince to buy TNA any day now. Just so there can be "The Failure of TNA Wrestling" DVD (which will make more money than Vince would spend on buying TNA or producing the DVD) and maybe a Network special consisting of TNA's best matches. And there have been some -- usually stuff involving America's Most Wanted, AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. Vince has a vested interest in some of these properties gaining value.

There are a few talent that are worth a bit there anyway. I'd love to see a John Cena vs. EC3 feud, and so would you.

Rollermacka
03-25-2016, 12:45 AM
I'm honestly expecting Vince to buy TNA any day now. Just so there can be "The Failure of TNA Wrestling" DVD (which will make more money than Vince would spend on buying TNA or producing the DVD) and maybe a Network special consisting of TNA's best matches. And there have been some -- usually stuff involving America's Most Wanted, AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. Vince has a vested interest in some of these properties gaining value.

There are a few talent that are worth a bit there anyway. I'd love to see a John Cena vs. EC3 feud, and so would you.

Personally, I doubt that Dixie would sell it. I think in an interview Scott Steiner equated Dixie Carter running a wrestling company, to Paris Hilton having a make up line (in that, she has the money.... she wants to do it.... so she's gonna do it) Personally, I've enjoyed the recent shows. I like the idea of a Galloway, EC3, Mike Bennett, Lashley world title picture, let's see where it goes

Tom Guycott
03-25-2016, 06:51 AM
Vince didn't even attempt to make WCW look like a credible threat in an invasion angle. He sure as hell wouldn't make a TNA one look competent.

The WWE upside would be that they could mention where AJ Styles came from, and that huge gap in the careers of Sting and Christian where they vanished from the face of the earth would suddenly materialize into existence.

Jordan
03-25-2016, 08:53 AM
I don't want NXT to look like TNA so honestly I hope they don't sign them, I don't think they need Roode or Young.

Heisenberg
03-25-2016, 09:01 AM
I hope they bring in Bobby Roode, make him grow out his hair and becomes The Game 2.0

drave
03-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Roode would fit in well. He is a great heel.

Simple Fan
03-25-2016, 10:27 AM
I don't want NXT to look like TNA so honestly I hope they don't sign them, I don't think they need Roode or Young.

How would 2 guys make NXT look like TNA? I just don't see that connection. Bobby Roode and Eric Young would be great for NXT. I could see Bobby having more success and maybe even holding the US or IC title on the main roster. EY would be a great talent to put young guys in NXT over and maybe even a short run with the NXT title. Really hope they keep their names as other TNA alum have if they are coming to WWE, hope Bobby keeps the It Factor gimmick.

Jari
03-25-2016, 10:54 AM
How would 2 guys make NXT look like TNA? I just don't see that connection. Bobby Roode and Eric Young would be great for NXT. I could see Bobby having more success and maybe even holding the US or IC title on the main roster. EY would be a great talent to put young guys in NXT over and maybe even a short run with the NXT title. Really hope they keep their names as other TNA alum have if they are coming to WWE, hope Bobby keeps the It Factor gimmick.

Really?

To me they're two run of the mill workers who would in no way stand out on the NXT or WWE roster. If Storm was still around and they could bring Roode in to form Beer Money (or Soda Money as someone early PG'ed them) then I could see that being good for the NXT Tag Team division which I think, much like the Women's division, is starting to look a bit light (even more so once Cass and Enzo are imminently downgraded to the main roster).

As individuals, I do not see anything happening to Roode or Young beyond basically being enhancement talents. Especially Young cause he's a bit terrible.

Simple Fan
03-25-2016, 11:06 AM
Young is great, guy can do many different things and I said he'd be great to put over younger talent. Roode is a great wrestler and has all the tools to succeed in WWE. I could see them come in as a team and Roode eventually breaking away from EY to do his own thing.

Simple Fan
03-25-2016, 11:08 AM
What's terrible about EY? The guy has done just about everything in TNA and has loads of experience.

Swiss Ultimate
03-25-2016, 02:44 PM

I actually thought that was pretty funny.

Jordan
03-25-2016, 05:07 PM
You know I'm wrong. They can work out. Just make sure they promote Joe to Raw because with Joe, Aries, Roode, and Young... it's just too much TNA for a one hour show. I'd maybe consider putting Roode right to the main roster as well.

Simple Fan
03-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Roode, Areis and Young would make a good team to counter whatever they have planned for Bullet Club members. Could call them Team North America

Mr. Nerfect
03-25-2016, 07:49 PM
Personally, I doubt that Dixie would sell it. I think in an interview Scott Steiner equated Dixie Carter running a wrestling company, to Paris Hilton having a make up line (in that, she has the money.... she wants to do it.... so she's gonna do it) Personally, I've enjoyed the recent shows. I like the idea of a Galloway, EC3, Mike Bennett, Lashley world title picture, let's see where it goes

I think you're right. I've heard mumblings that she's had offers to buy it outright and turned people down because she still wants it as her vanity project.

The main event scene there is actually pretty good. It's just got that stank, you know?

Mr. Nerfect
03-25-2016, 07:50 PM
Bobby Roode and Eric Young jumping the barricade at Takeover Dallas and helping Austin Aries beat-down Baron Corbin would make me mark out. Not going to lie. I don't know what the end game is there, but it'd be a nice moment.

Mr. Nerfect
03-25-2016, 08:03 PM
Roode is a guy that has got that main event aura. His size, his look, his promos, the way he works. He's 39 years old. I wouldn't waste any time with him if I'm bringing him in. There's no "path to greatness" for this guy. I think he's a special case where you just have to tell people that he's a real deal right out the gate. And don't fucking shy away from him either -- like they did with Del Rio.

If you're going to debut him in a big way, what bigger way than making an impact in the WWE World Title match? Triple H is going to want some sort of assistance, and The League of Nations are going to fall on their swords earlier. Have Roode show up and fuck Roman Reigns over. It'll probably get a massive pop. That's kind of good, even if he's a heel. Roode vs. Reigns is far from the worst program they can switch to if they don't really have a clue where to go with Reigns and are finally realizing he may not be the top guy potential right now.

Have Dean Ambrose slay The Beast, perhaps with some assistance from Bray Wyatt and The Wyatt Family. Ambrose becomes #1 Contender, Brock has issues with Bray and Roode has issues with Reigns. Jericho can align with The Dudleyz post Mania which means Styles has to call in Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows as back-up. Becky Lynch makes Charlotte submit, becomes the new Divas Champ -- Charlotte shows Becky respect but a devastated Sasha refuses. The three have a reason to fight again. Zayn and Owens take each other in the Ladder Match and continue their personal rivalry, leaving Dolph Ziggler to take the IC Title. Ryback beats Kalisto and becomes the new US Champ -- he and Ziggler decide to fight to possibly unify those titles, since we really don't need so many. The New Day beat The League of Nations, leading to cracks in The League, and they fight in a 4-way. That leaves The New Day as the odd guys out, but maybe Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady come in and talk some shit to them and they agree to a friendly little Tag Team Title program?

Payback would look like this:

* WWE Title: Triple H (c) vs. Dean Ambrose
* Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt
* Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Roode
* Chris Jericho & The Dudley Boyz vs. AJ Styles, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
* Divas Title: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks
* IC/US Title: Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Ryback (c)
* Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. King Barrett vs. Rusev
* Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn
* WWE Tag Team Titles: The New Day (c) vs. Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady

PPV booked. More matches than usual, but each brings a little different flavor.

Nicky Fives
03-26-2016, 05:44 AM
Bobby Roode and Eric Young jumping the barricade at Takeover Dallas and helping Austin Aries beat-down Baron Corbin would make me mark out. Not going to lie. I don't know what the end game is there, but it'd be a nice moment.

For any of the TNA guys to get a decent reaction, it'd have to be in NXT and their "smart fans," the rowdy post-Mania Raw or a select few buildings around (Chicago, MSG, Canada, Philly, etc.)

Bobby Roode debuting in Lincoln, Nebraska just isn't going to draw the reaction it should.....

Rollermacka
03-26-2016, 01:31 PM
I think you're right. I've heard mumblings that she's had offers to buy it outright and turned people down because she still wants it as her vanity project.

The main event scene there is actually pretty good. It's just got that stank, you know?

That's the whole thing, she wants to have her own wrestling promotion. The reason they left Spike was because Viacom wanted to buy TNA from Panda Energy.... Dixie wouldn't sell. I read a sponsor awhile back offered her 200 mil for the company.... she wouldn't sell. he wants to be a wresting promoter and until Panda Energy goes out of business.... I think she will be (then again, you never know)

erickman
03-26-2016, 04:29 PM
That's the whole thing, she wants to have her own wrestling promotion. The reason they left Spike was because Viacom wanted to buy TNA from Panda Energy.... Dixie wouldn't sell. I read a sponsor awhile back offered her 200 mil for the company.... she wouldn't sell. he wants to be a wresting promoter and until Panda Energy goes out of business.... I think she will be (then again, you never know)

damn think if spike owned tna I guess double j would be running it the company would be in better shape on spike.

Rollermacka
03-26-2016, 05:44 PM
damn think if spike owned tna I guess double j would be running it the company would be in better shape on spike.

I don't know, personally I think people are I a lot of ways "romanticizing" some of the final years of TNA on Spike (from 2010 to 2014) Yes, they still had guys like Austin Aries, Joe and Bad Influence..... but from a booking side of things it was getting really rough to watch.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8ElkSWKioMk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zynelFcNMfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qizKyEED-Gg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oh0xNHiFTNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAMN iNATOR
03-26-2016, 07:11 PM
So Noid would essentially "Sheamus" Roode then, huh? Interesting.

Also, if Vince does bring him in, he needs a name change to "Ravishing" Rob Roode. :shifty:

erickman
03-26-2016, 07:12 PM
hopefuly booking would have left with dixie

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2016, 10:14 PM
I just don't see a long-term build doing Roode any good. The value he has is as Bobby Roode, and that Bobby Roode is already a complete package. But I wouldn't be fucking around with Samoa Joe in NXT either.

Outsider
03-28-2016, 07:48 PM

That was actually fantastic. Surprised they get away with it, but still great.