PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XV - Game/Anime/Movie

#BROKEN Hasney
03-31-2016, 08:21 AM
So much came out of the uncovered event thingy that it's worth consolidating it all.

Game comes out September 30th. There's a new demo out now and the demo apparently will not be in the game.

A CG film is happening in collaboration with Sony pictures at some point. Will be blu-ray and digital. Celebrity cast including Sean Bean (King Regis), Aaron Paul (Nyx, entirely new character and the focus of the movie), and Lena Headey (Luna). They are not part of the VA cast in the main game. Trailer below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iP8EgMUVmwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's a 5 part prequel anime with episode 1 RIGHT HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsVhwsUFaDE

Florence + The Machine will be doing the theme song which will be a cover of "Stand by Me"

Story trailer for the game:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IVrnS26mnCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Timespan between the release of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy VII = 3,332 days.

Timespan between the announcement of Final Fantasy XV (formerly known as Versus XIII) and its release date = 3,798 days

road doggy dogg
03-31-2016, 09:09 AM
nyxnyxnyx

Destor
03-31-2016, 09:43 AM
GIMME

#BROKEN Hasney
03-31-2016, 09:47 AM
Nyx, bitches

VergilD
03-31-2016, 02:35 PM
And here is demo gameplay

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hhdjshTxBHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fignuts
03-31-2016, 02:52 PM
Final Fantasy 13 looked pretty hype too.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-31-2016, 03:53 PM
Final Fantasy 13 looked pretty hype too.

Yeah, but I've been enjoying it since Episode Duscae, so at least it's not an unknown in terms of playing it before now. There's wide open spaces and no goddamn constanr corridors in that demo.

Not tried the new one yet, jumping on over the weekend

Emperor Smeat
03-31-2016, 05:17 PM
Square Enix stated if a PC version is made, it won't happen until after the PS4 and Xbox One versions are finished and even then only as something under consideration.
http://www.destructoid.com/no-final-fantasy-xv-pc-port-in-the-works-yet-352226.phtml

The company also is expecting at least 10 million copies need to be sold for them to consider the game as a success.
A few years back Square Enix executives mused on the idea that Final Fantasy XV would need to sell 10 million copies to succeed, but as of today, director Hajime Tabata confirmed as much. As Kotaku UK points out, that basically amounts to outselling The Witcher 3 and Metal Gear Solid V combined.
http://www.destructoid.com/square-enix-was-serious-when-it-said-final-fantasy-xv-needs-to-sell-10-million-copies-352191.phtml

Lock Jaw
03-31-2016, 05:21 PM
Is Final Fantasy still "good" or has it been "ruined" by graphics/cutscenes/voiceovers?

Last I played was FFX and thought it was "pretty bad".....

Sepholio
03-31-2016, 07:07 PM
FFX was the tits. Shame on you.

Whore.

Sepholio
03-31-2016, 07:07 PM
Ok that last bit was unnecessary. I'm sorry. :(

Locke
03-31-2016, 07:25 PM
I have a feeling the whole "four childhood friends bond on a on a coming-of-age adventure" thing that they're trying to recreate from the movie Stand By Me is going to be only slightly less painful than the Tidus laughing scene.

Fignuts
03-31-2016, 07:52 PM
Is Final Fantasy still "good" or has it been "ruined" by graphics/cutscenes/voiceovers?

Last I played was FFX and thought it was "pretty bad".....

http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=patff

Really long read if you're going through all of them, but also the most thorough and entertaining analysis of ff's history.

Ultra Mantis
03-31-2016, 09:25 PM
Skimmed the bit on FF9 and came to the conclusion I'm probably not going to be on the same page as that writer.

Personally, love FFX, FFX-2 has a really solid battle system and FFXII is at least a decent Monster Hunter rip off. All the 13s are not so great. Looking forward to this one.

Sepholio
03-31-2016, 11:27 PM
.....I enjoyed 13. All of them. No, really. I actually did.

13 I enjoyed mostly because OMG LEET GFX at the time, and I'm pretty sure I've admitted to being a graphics whore. I love me some pretty. And that game was incredible in terms of graphics at the time and everyone knows it. Also the battle system was pretty enjoyable. Still actiony ala XII but felt like you had more control than with the previous installment.

13-2 was prob my fave of the 3. The story did get a bit confusing but I kinda liked the time travelling aspect of it. Honestly, it reminded me of Chrono Trigger. Just not as good. Gameplay was also refined, improving on what I thought was already a decent battle system.

13-3 had a really weird premise, but was the most "FF" of all 3 entries in terms of the setting. I felt like the gameplay took a slight step backwards, mostly due to the lack of a party. However some very neat hooks kept me playing. Being able to drive each species of enemy into extinction was a really cool system. I was always like stoked when the last surviving member of each species finally showed its face and gave up its rare lewts. Really wish they would revisit that idea again, but perhaps have the species repopulate over time so that the world isn't left barren forever once you go on a killing spree.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-01-2016, 02:47 AM
Hate 10 and the 13's. I don't like corridor driven JRPGs and never will, but the battle system of 13-3 was at least cool... Just with the cast of the single most dislikeable people ever committed to a video game. And Vanilles voice acting.... Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. Love 12 though.

Anyway, Square-Enix have announced the game needs to sell 10 million to be a success, so at least they're staying fucking realistic...

road doggy dogg
04-01-2016, 08:35 AM
I really enjoyed 12 as well, but I think the 'general consensus' was that it wasn't a great FF game

Destor
04-01-2016, 10:18 AM
13-3 was the only 13 I didnt like. It was just so... I dunno. It lacked polish I guess. It felt really sloppy and thrown together.

13 was great. Spiritual follow up to 10. Beautiful game, loved the battle system. 2 improved on the battles but the pacing was bad. Loved the time travel angle. Lots of depth and exploration.

12 I LOVE. Only due to the battle system though. Everything else in the game was bad.

Ultra Mantis
04-01-2016, 11:01 AM
I've got platinums on XIII and XIII-2, I definitely don't think they are as bad as they are "made out to be" and had fun with them, but on a FF scale they are down on the lower end. Good but not great. Characters aren't too likable, but was a big enough fan of Sahz to the point where I bought his DLC. I'm probably in the minority of liking Snow too, maybe I wouldn't if it wasn't Troy Baker.

FFII is still the standard bearer worst Final Fantasy and I think it always will be.

Sepholio
04-01-2016, 01:06 PM
You hit the issue more there. I think people judge FFXIII too harshly as a whole because they are judging it in comparison to other FF games and not on its own merits.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Not really. I played for over 20 hours because I kept being told that it gets good after that. Buit I wanted to stop hearing what any of the cast had to say and it didn't get good. I had some stupid boss and then it gets slightly more open, then I wrote my own version of the ending where the world gets nuked and it made me happy. I wouldn't say I compare it to any other RPGs, Japanese or otherwise, it's just flat out boring to me.

I can't deal with a game where I don't give a shit about even one character while I run down hallways. I mean, I hate most of the cast of 8 just as much, but at least the game in that wasn't bad... I mean, Triple Triad existed.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Wish SquareEnix would bother with some decent voice directing though. I don't mind the characters in XII or XV but I don't want to hear them speak for several hours. It makes decent characters bad and bad characters make you wish you could torture them.

Emperor Smeat
04-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Square Enix recently clarified comments of them needing 10 million copies sold in order for the game to be successful and instead only meant as a possible high end goal for the game.

Square Enix has provided the following statement to Destructoid: "We believe there was a communication problem during the conference. In fact, Tabata was referencing 10 million copies only as a high goal which the development team set to realize their ambition to make the ultimate Final Fantasy game. And the comment was never meant to be referred as a recoup line of the investment."]
http://www.destructoid.com/square-enix-was-serious-when-it-said-final-fantasy-xv-needs-to-sell-10-million-copies-352191.phtml

Fignuts
12-02-2016, 06:23 AM
Picked this up and played it for a few hours. Major change of pace for tne series, as the game starts on the world map, albeit small portions that you unlock tjrough progression. Also, the tone is very laid back, as the events of Kingsglaive havn't happened at the beginning of the game, which is a big contrast to the shit immediately hitting tne fan from the outset like past Final Fantasys.

But it works, and I've really enjoyed my time with it so far. Noctis and his friends are pretty much jrpg/anime cliches, but they're likeable, well executed cliches, if that makes sense. I only worry that they're the only party members you get, as the menus don't make it look like there's room for more, and the theme of the story is about tne bond between these guys. That would be disappointing, but it's not a deal breaker.

The car stuff is alright I guess. It's basically just on rails, and you control acceleration, and which roads to turn on. You can't go offroad or anything. That's alright though. The car is actually there for story and character purposes anyway. Pretty sweet you get old FF soundtracks for the radio.

I'm really liking the combat. It takes a little getting used to, especially against multiple foes, but I'm getting the hang of it. It's kind of a mixture of stylish action and tactical rpg. It's pretty fun.

I haven't even really dug into tne main story yet. Mostly just been exploring, and hunting monsters, but I'll come back here when I've made more of an advancement.

Destor
12-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Really enjoying this so far. Played about 3 hours and havent gotten the car yet if that shows you how much running around I've done.

Fignuts
12-03-2016, 06:31 AM
Ok, I haven't been this absorbed in a Final Fantasy game since 7. Combat has gotten even more fun as battles have gotten tougher.

Lots of cool little touches like a different cut scene for every dish ignis serves at camp, and previous ff soundtracks to purchase for the car radio.

Enemies are really cool. Been really impressed with the wildlife. #eatshitnomansky

Destor
12-03-2016, 08:19 AM
My only gripe with the battle system is only 1 tech per companion can be equipped at a time but i can go to the equip screen mid battle and change it to whatever i want. Either lock me out or let me cycle through techs.

Locke
12-03-2016, 09:27 AM
You'll realize it's shitty in two years

Destor
12-03-2016, 10:24 AM

doubtful

#BROKEN Hasney
12-03-2016, 11:36 AM

Why? All the FF games I felt were shitty I knew before finishing the game.

Locke
12-03-2016, 01:28 PM
What is the battle system like? Do you get to control more than one character? Feels like every next-gen JRPG only lets you control one character, for some reason.

I liked Final Fantasy 13 for a while while I was still starstruck by the fact that I was playing a new Final Fantasy game on a PS3, before starting to realize how truly bad it was. The series has nothing left. With every release, they throw around terms like "breathtaking," "groundbreaking," "epic" and whatnot, people buy into it, they play the game and say good stuff about it, then forget about it. All the people who made Final Fantasy good are gone, it's completely different from what it used to be. Let me know when you encounter some insignificant town or item that's arbitrarily named after something from an earlier game (like when they named that FF13 town "Palumpolum"). Whatever. Final Fantasy needs to die. I'll watch the movie though

Destor
12-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Well seeing as this is the fastest selling FF ever its safe to say its not going to die on the back of this one. And thank god too.

When you're a franchise that doesnt require building on lore the possibilities are completely endless for what it can offer for decades on end.

Fignuts
12-03-2016, 02:32 PM
It doesn't need to die just because you don't enjoy it. Even though I wasn't a fan, a lot of people liked the 13 series, and most mmo players consider FF14 in it's current state, the best mmorpg available right now. And after 30 years, it's hard to make the atb battle system fresh and exciting, so making a new system from scratch was honestly the best thing they could have done.

I will say that I'm disappointed that you're limited to just fire, ice, lightning, and summons for magic, but this being a brand new system, I can understand they are building a foundtion. Going off the trailer for FF7 remake, it uses a similar system, but I can't see tne same limitations being in place there.

All I know is I'm having a lot of fun, and it has nothing to do with running into familiar names. It's just a fun game with likeable characters.

Fignuts
12-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Oh and the sidequest the guy at the chocobo farm gives you is one of the best in franchise history.

Locke
12-03-2016, 04:51 PM
what's with this

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is honestly so shameless its funny <a href="https://t.co/yofI8B098C">pic.twitter.com/yofI8B098C</a></p>&mdash; Greymlins 2 (@GreyTheTick) <a href="https://twitter.com/GreyTheTick/status/804575968413134848">December 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Destor
12-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Haha that awesome. That's exactly how a FF game should be. Outlandishly quirky characters.

Not Cait Sith level quirky or Quina quirky but Gladius and his love of noodles is fabulous.

Locke
12-03-2016, 05:51 PM
I feel like that scene would work in an older game, but the voice acting kills it.

Destor
12-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Good thing you arent playing it then

Fignuts
12-03-2016, 07:51 PM
It's not as if Final Fantasy has ever had great voice acting. They do a good job during the important scenes, so I'm satisfied with it. Although the blue collar bronx accent on the young metrosexual reporter in Galdin is laughably out of place.

Anyway it's really just a nitpick . The story and gameplay is still good so far. Also, there was a random cutscene with Prompto after resting at an inn that revealed there was more to him than an energetic joker. If this isvsomething done for all the party members, and is expanded on later, I may have to take back what I said about them being cliches.

Destor
12-03-2016, 08:17 PM
I kinda love Dino's voice. Cartoony is something we've always had in FF. Cept 12 and 13. I think its important to the franchise.

Fignuts
12-03-2016, 08:23 PM
I don't mind the voice itself, just the character it's on. Just seems really off. I think it has more to do with the age of the VA. The character looks 17, but the voice sounds like it lbelongs to a 40 year old. But, again...really minor nitpick in an enjoyable experience thus far.

Destor
12-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Him having a fohawk makes me laugh. Japanese culture is amusing.

EzekielKane
12-03-2016, 10:02 PM
I was a huge fan of Final Fantasy X and some of the earlier games but I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes of FF 13. How does this one compare? I would need to buy a PS4 to try it so what do u guys say

Destor
12-04-2016, 02:52 PM
I was a huge fan of Final Fantasy X and some of the earlier games but I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes of FF 13. How does this one compare? I would need to buy a PS4 to try it so what do u guys say

Hard for me to reccomend a purchase of that size to anyone for just any one game.

Destor
12-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Unrelated:

It's no Blitzball or Triple Triad but fishing is fabulous.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-04-2016, 05:21 PM
40 hours and I'm on chapter 7... And a touch over levelled. Whoops.

Destor
12-04-2016, 06:01 PM
40 hours and I'm on chapter 7... And a touch over levelled. Whoops.

23 hrs ch.3 lol

Fignuts
12-05-2016, 12:57 AM
Ok, I'm an idiot. When choosing to craft fire, ice, or blizzard spells, there is a fourth option that I thought was for crafting items, but is actually for adding items to spells for different effects, like healing for the caster, poison,multiple strikes, etc.

So the magic system is deeper than I had originally thought. Good shit.

Fignuts
12-05-2016, 02:10 AM
I said it before, but I feel like I need to reiterate the enemies in this game are cool as fuck. There really needa to be an in game beastiary to look at the models.

Oh and hey, remember all the cool giant wildlife in the trailers for No Man's Sky that we never got?

FF 15 has your back.

Destor
12-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Ok, I'm an idiot. When choosing to craft fire, ice, or blizzard spells, there is a fourth option that I thought was for crafting items, but is actually for adding items to spells for different effects, like healing for the caster, poison,multiple strikes, etc.

So the magic system is deeper than I had originally thought. Good shit.It's pretty deep. My issue is, like most RPGs, Im a mat hoarder and it kills me to craft with them.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-05-2016, 10:18 AM
It's pretty deep. My issue is, like most RPGs, Im a mat hoarder and it kills me to craft with them.

I find I now only craft when there's some elements around me.

Also, Cup Noodle is the king for as a magic item.

Sepholio
12-06-2016, 01:04 AM
I finally made it to lestallum. Sidequests pulling me in other directions because I want to see the world.

Destor
12-06-2016, 08:18 AM
I finally made it to lestallum. Sidequests pulling me in other directions because I want to see the world.

Made there last night. Immediately went broke buy near gear and car upgrades.25k i spent or so.

Sepholio
12-06-2016, 05:25 PM
The drive to lestallum was fairly breathtaking compared to what preceeded it.

Krimzon7
12-06-2016, 11:07 PM
I'm a whore. I took the week off and finished the game. It was amazing. The free world feeling is lost after chapter 13...whenever you get the boat. It becomes extremely linear. But the story is gripping. I also fucking loved watching the summons. Please be ready to have zero fucking clue as to how to trigger the summons. You will be frustrated

Krimzon7
12-06-2016, 11:08 PM
Also...finishing the story is only half the fun. The fights and dungeons after the end are tough as tits

#BROKEN Hasney
12-07-2016, 03:32 AM
Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV was able to achieve an amazing accomplishment, shipping 5 million copies worldwide on the release day. I would like to express my gratitude for everyone that has purchased it.

Currently I have heard many players around the world enjoying themselves. Players are pleased to be enjoying this new Final Fantasy, as well as the staff, we are really happy.
We’ve promised before launching the game that Final Fantasy needed to be complete before it was released. We will continue to update and we are planning to provide a more rich gaming experience to all players around the world. As a gratitude for exceeding 5 million copies, I’ve decided to strengthen the update plan considerably beyond the original plan and inform you of a concrete road map.

These are updates to make the Final Fantasy XV gaming experience more rich, and for longer playability, updates based on requests from players after the release, and in addition to DLC development reported previously. They will be given for free for the short term, mid-term, and long-term.

Final Fantasy XV Update Roadmap

Short-term goals
First, we will update the experience of Chapter 13’s gameplay. For that reason, we are undertaking many enhancements such as increasing the power of the ring’s magic. We will inform you of the details of updated content at a later time.

Mid-term goals
Updating the production of the second half of the game, further enhancing the experience of the story. For example, we are planning to add event scenes where “What happened to Ravus?” was from. In addition to the event scenes, voice responses and localization work to all languages will occur so we will work firmly on this as a mid-term goal. Details of the plan will be announced once it’s decided.

Long-term goals
We will make it possible to use important characters that appeared in the main game as playable characters. We will also consider adding an avatar system to create original characters. In addition to this, we will continue to actively update so that various players can enjoy Final Fantasy XV for a long time.

Others
After clearing the game, you can carry your progress into a New Game. Finishing it at a low level, an invincible suit, we will offer various items that extend the range of play. Fonts displayed can be enlarged for easier reading.
For the already announced DLC, it is planned to be released as originally intended.

FFXV Holiday Pack
FFXV Booster Pack
FFXV Episode Gladiolus
FFXV Episode Ignis
FFXV Episode Prompto
FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

On behalf of the staff and all players around the world,we hope you will enjoy Final Fantasy XV even more. Thank you for your continued support for Final Fantasy XV and the Final Fantasy series.

FFXV Director Hajime Tabata

#BROKEN Hasney
12-07-2016, 04:38 AM
Debating if I should put this on the shelf until the Chapter 13 patch. I hear it's pretty bad.

Destor
12-07-2016, 09:34 AM
Debating if I should put this on the shelf until the Chapter 13 patch. I hear it's pretty bad.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Fignuts
12-08-2016, 01:08 AM
Arenea is cooler than any character in your party. Hope she's one of the ones who becomes playable.

Locke
12-08-2016, 07:01 AM
We’ve promised before launching the game that Final Fantasy needed to be complete before it was released.

I don't understand this part, is he saying they broke their promise or that they fulfilled it and are making the game even more complete

Fignuts
12-08-2016, 07:04 AM
It was complete. They are just making a certain part of the game better and adding some things based on feedback from the initial release. Pretty cool tbh. Not many companies add shit for free.

Destor
12-08-2016, 11:00 AM
It was complete. They are just making a certain part of the game better and adding some things based on feedback from the initial release. Pretty cool tbh. Not many companies add shit for free.
Projeckt Red is about the only other one

Locke
12-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Can anyone verify how accurate the FFXV porn parody is? "Full Service Station"

http://www.xmoviesforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/BrazzersExxtra-Nikki-Benz-Full-Service-Station-A-XXX-Parody-xmoviesforyou.jpg

http://www.xmoviesforyou.com/2016/12/brazzersexxtra-nikki-benz-full-service-station-xxx-parody.html

Fignuts
12-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Pfft come on. Couldn't find a blonde actress for cindy.

I sincerely doubt brazzers dedication to the source material.

ClockShot
12-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Finally fired this up and I'm liking so far.

Controls are bit wonky, but after a little bit I got used to them.

Driving kinda sucks. Wish you can "free drive" and adjust the camera. Feels like it takes forever to get from point A to point B. "I Can't Drive 55" was playing in my head during these times.

Spent 2 hours in the first area and now moving along. I got a whole week to myself and will be spending a lot of time.

Destor
12-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Embarrassing truth: i skipped the gym so i could stay home and play all day

Sepholio
12-11-2016, 02:38 AM
Need to really stop overleveling. Just killed a boss in 2 hits on a story mission. Warped strike to open combat broke it's leg and the next hit was a vulnerable state critical and killed it lulz.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-11-2016, 06:42 AM
I'm just going to accept being over levelled. I'm not getting to chapter 13 before the patch, but I want to play and do side quests. I'll just have to deal with it being easy.

ClockShot
12-11-2016, 07:45 AM
SquareEnix did pretty good grabbing Florence & The Machine for the song this year. I really like their version of "Stand By Me".

Unlike Leona Lewis who did that "My Hands" song for 14. And I haven't heard a peep from her since.

Destor
12-11-2016, 09:23 AM
Need to really stop overleveling. Just killed a boss in 2 hits on a story mission. Warped strike to open combat broke it's leg and the next hit was a vulnerable state critical and killed it lulz.

I'm just going to accept being over levelled. I'm not getting to chapter 13 before the patch, but I want to play and do side quests. I'll just have to deal with it being easy.

Yeah im level 50ish in ch6. Its just going to be this way unless i rush the story and im not going to do that.

Unrelated: the final chocobo race is a cock sucker and there is really no reward for beating it :n:

#BROKEN Hasney
12-11-2016, 11:18 AM
I haven't even found one chocobo race yet, i thought they were just later. I'll have to look that up.

Destor
12-11-2016, 11:49 AM
I haven't even found one chocobo race yet, i thought they were just later. I'll have to look that up.

South of the chocobo farm is the race track

ClockShot
12-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Ok. Rolled into Lestallum tonight with about 10 hours of gameplay under my belt.

And I still gotta run back to Hammerhead to finish off some side missions.

Sepholio
12-11-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm not waiting for the chapter 13 patch. It could be months before we get that.

Destor
12-11-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm not waiting for the chapter 13 patch. It could be months before we get that.

Once i hit 12 I'll do every side questy thing i can but I'll stop completely until it drops if i must

#BROKEN Hasney
12-13-2016, 05:11 PM
I popped the last trophy for side quests and decided to gun it for the end since I was running out of stuff and fuck me, chapter 13 is the worst. It's like they said "Hey, you know everything you like about the game? We're going to take it away from you for 2 hours. Enjoy!". I don't know how they can fix it as increasing the rings power will do fuck all. It's just like it's a different game. Still, the last few battles and the ending were worth it.

You can travel back to the past at any point after leaving the main world and even after finishing the game, so you don't get locked out of anything finally. Hell, there's even new quests when you do continue on after the game ends. Probably going to tidy up the trophies and hunts. Still having a blast despite that speedbump.

ClockShot
12-14-2016, 10:16 AM
I would love to know how much money the game got for all the product placement/advertising.

The Coleman camping gear, American Express stickers on the doors of shops, Nissin Cup Noodles. Probably a few others hidden or tucked away that I haven't found yet.

Ultra Mantis
12-14-2016, 11:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BEoTMbJSSTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Review by Jim Sterling, son.

Fignuts
12-15-2016, 01:22 AM
Got to chapter 13. Played 10 minutes and decided to wait for the patch

Sepholio
12-15-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm on 12 now stop making me nervous.

Sepholio
12-15-2016, 05:31 PM
I was level 66 when i went to Altissia for the first time. Kinda wish I would saved some of the quests and stuff for when I got there to make use of the x3 suite at the leville. Oh well. Also adamantoise is truly massive as fuck and can hit you from like half a mile away. Madness.

ClockShot
12-15-2016, 07:38 PM
About to hit Chapter 13. Will probably call up Umbra and backtrack and do some side missions and jack up the level some more.

So, what exactly is the "Chapter 13 glitch"? Someone give me a refresher.

ClockShot
12-15-2016, 07:39 PM
And that Arena mini-game is fun too. Pretty much figured out the favorites to bet on. But usually there's an underdog here and there.

Sepholio
12-16-2016, 08:35 AM
Chapter 13 is not that bad. It's slow for the majority of it and is a bit too long but it's nothing unbearable. I kind of like it just for the atmosphere and the emotions it's trying to evoke. Fear and hopelessness are powerful. Could have fleshed put the back story a bit more rather than using scattered documents you have to read. Maybe video logs or something instead. However they patch it it does not need to be easier. It needs to be way harder. It's a cake walk if you are leveled at all from sidequests.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Its becoming easier, they're making the ring more powerful.

It was just dull as shit. Corridors that could fit into Final Fantasy XIII

ClockShot
12-16-2016, 02:19 PM
Ok. Basically there's no real game killing glitch or anything and it's a sprint to the finish?

Alright then.

Sepholio
12-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Its becoming easier, they're making the ring more powerful.

It was just dull as shit. Corridors that could fit into Final Fantasy XIII

The ring doesn't need more power. It's ridiculously overpowered as is. It allows you to kill otherwise difficult enemies with a single blow. You can instant kill with health drain. If you just dodge the monsters die in less than 10 seconds. What the hell else does it need to do?

Sepholio
12-16-2016, 04:20 PM
In terms of game play the only changes I would make are to let you sprint and give the ring the ability to at least let you warp still. Just faster traversal stuff.

Sepholio
12-17-2016, 12:32 PM
Fuck the pitioss ruins. So awesome yet so difficult. A platform er this game is not but damn it kind of makes me wish there were more places with some of these elements other than just the one dungeon.

Sepholio
12-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Also everywhere online says the point of pitioss is the black hood you get at the end but the genji gloves are also hidden in there. Haven't found them yet unfortunately but I did get the hood. Black hood allows noctis to auto dodge incoming attacks.

Can't remember what it's called but there's an accessory that nullified fire ice and lightning damage in the game. Wearing that along with the black hood and a ribbon seems like it could be nearly game breaking in theory. Makes you immune to elements, status effects and potentially all physical damage with the auto dodge. Darkness attacks and the status effects they inflict such as instant death are the only things that noctis would still be vulnerable to.

ClockShot
12-17-2016, 05:11 PM
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

This ending freakin' drags! Should have been done by now.

Sepholio
12-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Just wait until you get stuck in pitioss for 3 hours. Not because it takes that long but because you have no idea where to go or what you're doing. It's mind bending. I'm still in there trying to get to a couple treasures I can't figure out how to reach. Damn you genji gloves.

Also save before you even attempt to approach the entrance. Try to do it during the day so u can see the path better even tho you will have to wait until nightfall to actually go in the dungeon. You're gonna crash a few times regardless unless your some kind of gaming savant but jesus trying to make that approach at night was straight infuriating.

ClockShot
12-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Knocking off a couple more harder sidequests before I jump into this. Gonna do it up at level 60. And I'm a few fish away from 10.

Sepholio
12-17-2016, 08:44 PM
I slacked on fishing. Need to do that myself. Got a couple navy th quests and the tour at the vesper pools that require high fishing skill levels. There's a new quest giver in lestallum and at the meldacio hunter hq if your done with the story. The one at meldacio will give you the key to open all those pesky locked doors you find around the world.

ClockShot
12-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Finished.

Now the journey to Platinum.

Destor
12-19-2016, 11:15 AM
I caught some absurdly massive fishes yesterday. Took the whole gang to get them out of the water. I havent checked but Im thinking it was the biggest fish in the game. Caught another on a Gladious side quest that was also massive.

ClockShot
12-19-2016, 04:40 PM
There's bigger ones.

Had the guys haul in the Golden Catfish and Murk Grouper. Couple more big ones out there.

Destor
12-19-2016, 05:36 PM
I dunno theybhad names. The Liege ofnthe Lake and The Devil's Nightmare. They were pretty legit,

Destor
12-19-2016, 05:36 PM
And the rewards were "end game-ey"

Destor
12-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Wish i could find a list of the hunts sorted by rank.

Would save the trouble of driving to each site looking for them...easy ap i guess

Sepholio
12-20-2016, 12:39 AM
really need to get on my fishing. Whats the fastest way to level it up?

Destor
12-20-2016, 12:51 AM

I did it organically but small easy fish in abundance would be key

ClockShot
12-20-2016, 03:14 PM

I dunno if you got a guide handy, but going after a bunch of the "big yellow dot" fish is good.

If you come across a pond with bunch of those or big blue dots, just fish it out.

Also, swing into Altissa and hit the battle arena and try to win the reel. It's a godsend when you go after "the monsters".

ClockShot
12-20-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm having a hard time getting Ignis' cooking up. Best tip I heard is "cooking hard stuff". I really don't know what that entails. I'm assuming it's recipes with 2-3 high level perks attached to it, but the ingredients are hard to come by.

Destor
12-20-2016, 03:21 PM
I dunno if you got a guide handy, but going after a bunch of the "big yellow dot" fish is good.

If you come across a pond with bunch of those or big blue dots, just fish it out.

Also, swing into Altissa and hit the battle arena and try to win the reel. It's a godsend when you go after "the monsters".
Thats backward. You'll get more FPS (fish per second lol) [and get more AP/XP]) if you focus on small frys. its WAY more efficient. I fish in 3 seconds vs 1 fish in 60 seconds is a no brainer.

Destor
12-20-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm having a hard time getting Ignis' cooking up. Best tip I heard is "cooking hard stuff". I really don't know what that entails. I'm assuming it's recipes with 2-3 high level perks attached to it, but the ingredients are hard to come by.
I dunno. Only thing I have left to max is Survival and Ive almost got it. Cooking just happend organically and I dont sleep often, camp even rarer.

Destor
12-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Also I looked it up. The Leige of the Lake is the top fish in the game and I did it with the 3rd best rod and reel ON MY FIRST TRY.

Sepholio
12-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Lol yeah I'm just now getting the hang of fishing the monsters. I have the best reel and second best rod. I didn't realize controller vibration actually meant something and I didn't have the timing between stopping your reel and switching directions with the pole as the fish changes its direction. It's really in depth though and kind of fun.

Sepholio
12-21-2016, 02:16 PM

Easiest way to get cooking up is to cook the meals that have little 2d sprites of your party members celebrating next to the picture. Those meals are favorites and give a bigger boost. Also the harder recipes can give much more experience as well but usually they have such difficult ingredients to acquire that they aren't worth it. There's a favorite early on that's like a meat skewer meal. It's made from Garula sirloin and Leiden peppers I believe. Just collect a bunch of those and go camp over and over again and make that meal every single time.

Sepholio
12-22-2016, 12:48 PM
Wish I didn't have to sleep to get my skill levels to increase. Trying to horde massive amounts of experience to rest I at the royal suite in Altissia and don't want to give that up for a couple levels of fishing skill lol. If only the inn didn't cost 30k a night I wouldn't worry about it so much.

Destor
12-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Wish I didn't have to sleep to get my skill levels to increase. Trying to horde massive amounts of experience to rest I at the royal suite in Altissia and don't want to give that up for a couple levels of fishing skill lol. If only the inn didn't cost 30k a night I wouldn't worry about it so much.
I havent been there but ive got the cash to spend...may not rest until I get there!

Destor
12-23-2016, 01:32 AM
Holiday pack is out and the gear is legit

Sepholio
12-23-2016, 03:24 PM
I havent been there but ive got the cash to spend...may not rest until I get there!

I thought I was going to do that too.....horde up like 250k worth of experience and went to hop on the boat and head to Altissia and it did the end of chapter noise and tallied me up at x1 experience. That's one thing they need to drop in a patch. If you make a big deal of having to rest to tally your experience then stop forcing it at chapter breaks.

Destor
12-23-2016, 05:43 PM
I thought I was going to do that too.....horde up like 250k worth of experience and went to hop on the boat and head to Altissia and it did the end of chapter noise and tallied me up at x1 experience. That's one thing they need to drop in a patch. If you make a big deal of having to rest to tally your experience then stop forcing it at chapter breaks.

Holiday pack has an item that makes it so as long as you have it equipped you wont cash in xp. Problem solved!

ClockShot
12-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Anybody else other than Hasney take out the Super Turtle yet?

I'm probably gonna set some time aside on Christmas and go for the platinum. I'm just curious as to how long it takes? I hear about 45 minutes if you play it safe. But if you eat the right meal and take risks, a bit shorter.

Sepholio
12-23-2016, 08:05 PM
I haven't destroyed him yet but only by choice. I'm more than capable of wasting his ass right now but I want to be at optimal set up before I do to cut the time down. I know people in the mid 50s to low 60s have beaten it in around 45 minutes to an hour. I want to do it in like 20 to 30 minutes if possible.

Sepholio
12-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Holiday pack has an item that makes it so as long as you have it equipped you wont cash in xp. Problem solved!

Lol yay an item that no longer has a purpose on my current playthrough. Those bastards. I would be like 5 levels higher right now if I had that earlier. Doesn't sound like much but at my level it is lol.

Sepholio
12-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Also, fuck the giant turtle. He is nowhere near in the league of the dead general ayakashi and neither one is in the league of the damn Naglfar. The Naglfar is fucking ridiculous and should be called omega weapon....since that's like the only ff tradition I've noticed that's missing.

Tried fighting the Naglfar at level 83ish. He violated me and crushed my spirits. I've never been so utterly defeated in a game.

Destor
12-24-2016, 01:11 AM
Didnthe adamantoise mission just toncheck it out. Did the flee prompt and now have now clue how to reactivate the quest

Destor
12-24-2016, 01:24 AM
Nvrmnd. Diner @ hammerhead gives the hunt

Destor
12-24-2016, 04:28 AM
Finally found the sturdy helixhorn. Kind of annoyed because i could have had this 70 hours ago

Sepholio
12-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Yeah I found that out too. Already have better weapons now.

I just got my platinum trophy though wooooooooooooo.

ClockShot
12-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Ultima Blade is a god send. Picked up the Enhancer from the Fociaugh super dungeon this morning and it's stlll weaker.

Should have this platinumed tomorrow, hopefully. Cracked level 80 today. Think that'll shave some minutes off the battle significantly.

ClockShot
12-25-2016, 09:06 PM
Then again, might do one more "challenge" and get the Ulric's Daggers from the final mission.

Sepholio
12-26-2016, 04:16 PM
I fought him at level 90ish. It's still a time sink. It's a shitty battle teally, at least for me. He never knocked out a single one of my party members, barely ever hit them over the course of 45 mins for that matter. He knocked noctis out maybe 3 or 4 times but never fully dead. It was just endlessly warping to him and combing his face and then warping to a rest point to refill mp and tepeat.

Sepholio
12-26-2016, 04:17 PM
It was like a 45 minute long battle against a wall. The wall can't hurt you but god it must be reinforced with adamantium.

Finally beat the Naglfar, which unless there is something epic hiding somewhere, is the games strongest monster. Much more of a challenge. Took like 15 minutes give or take of full on mega battle. Had to use sooooo many items.

ClockShot
12-26-2016, 07:11 PM
Just dropped him.

I took the other direction and went for the toes. Noctis got his ass handed to him, but I don't think the rest of the party did much, if nothing at all. Probably did like 85% of the damage.

Camped out after, maxed out cooking, platinum trophy. Purdy happy right now.

Sepholio
12-26-2016, 07:52 PM
We are the champions!

Destor
01-01-2017, 02:00 AM
Beat the main story. Not entirely sure what people were taking issue with on the later chapters.

Sepholio
01-07-2017, 12:09 AM
It was the way you had to stealth around and use the ring for most of chapter 13......if you were high enough level like I believe you were though then the ring made you a one man wrecking crew. And when you get the sword on top of it? Forget about it.

Destor
01-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Ah, thats fair i guess.

Doing the post game dungeons currently. Got a few left. 160 hours.

Sepholio
01-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Lol the level 99 mega dungeon...it's horrible. You can't use healing items at all inside of it.

Destor
01-07-2017, 12:27 AM
Lol the level 99 mega dungeon...it's horrible. You can't use healing items at all inside of it.

I was warned about it. Ive done the 100 floor one. Im saving that dungeon for my 2nd to last thing in the game. I have a plan for healing though. I bought 99 nuddle cups. Cup of noodle + 1 element = full heal

#BROKEN Hasney
01-08-2017, 06:08 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dms58hFsz74

Looks like the road to Nifelheim was being designed as another open world area instead of just a train ride and got scrapped. Someone managed to glitch into it.

ClockShot
01-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Anybody having any luck catching the hard fish out of Saxham Reservoir?

Destor
01-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Anybody having any luck catching the hard fish out of Saxham Reservoir?

Theres like 8 diferent type of carp there. 1 for ech time/weather type. they all take diferent lures so its hard to answer your question. Tough spot though. The smaller fish are quick to jump on your line.

Destor
01-08-2017, 10:08 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dms58hFsz74

Looks like the road to Nifelheim was being designed as another open world area instead of just a train ride and got scrapped. Someone managed to glitch into it.

$10 says theyll use the space in dlc stories

#BROKEN Hasney
01-08-2017, 10:30 AM
$10 says theyll use the space in dlc stories

Aye, most likely.

Decided I was bored enough to go for the platinum today. Only level 60 and going after then adamantoise and about 20 minutes in and half his health down.

Destor
01-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Saving him for last. Dunno why. Ive fought bosses over lvl 99 but it just seems like the last thing to do

Sepholio
01-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Niflheim road area is a good bet for promptos dlc. Could revolve around his back story and the time he was separated from the group after the train incident.

Destor
01-08-2017, 01:15 PM
I think the stories will be in the 10 year gap

Corporate CockSnogger
01-08-2017, 02:33 PM
This is sweet. Been playing it so much. Got it at Christmas and I've spent most of my time on it just wandering round doing side quests. Level 35, like 30 hours in and only just got to Lestallum.

ClockShot
01-10-2017, 07:35 PM
Regal Aripaima is a bitch to reel in. Makes the Noble Aripaima feel like a small dot.

Hauled in the Dread Grouper last night. Had less than 100 power/strength/tension on my line.

Destor
01-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Both were good runs. Shams you can only real the Regal the one time. Vesper Gar is worse the both though. Huge attack on that ome. Only moderate defense though.

Sepholio
01-10-2017, 10:38 PM
I have caught so many vesper gars. I was catching them left and right when trying to catch the liege of the lake.

Sepholio
01-10-2017, 10:41 PM
They have a pretty easy to read timing pattern though. Got to where I could reel one in and only lose maybe 2 or 300 durability on my line.

Destor
01-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Adamantoise took approx 30 min

drave
02-13-2017, 04:51 PM
This worth the price? Seems like it would be amazing. I youtube'd some fights to get a feel and saw the Aranea (spelling) fight. God damn that was awesome.

Is that just a "one off" kinda thing or do a lot of boss encounters feel epic? FF has always done an amazing job with large sets/enemies and what not. I've not played the series since they started the "real time combat" thing of running around and actively fighting.

Destor
02-13-2017, 05:04 PM
If you dont over level the boss fights are great. Pots are bit OP so it's kinda what you make it to be.

Ultra Mantis
03-27-2017, 04:33 PM
A new chapter was added in the patch update for the Gladio DLC, it's basically a preview of Gladio's gameplay giving his POV on Chapter 13. Actually pretty cool, Ravus gets to do something with character for once and Ignis has a bit of a joke about the Trump Administration.

If the difficulty level of the DLC is anywhere near the same as his demo chapter, Gladio is OP as fuck.

A.J.K
03-29-2017, 07:34 PM
Just started playing, at level 16. equipped nocht with the Masamune.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-24-2017, 02:35 PM
http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2017/08/ac_ff_artwork.jpg?x49516
http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2017/08/feather_keyart_final.jpg?x49516

In what started almost three years ago at an informal meeting during the Tokyo Game Show to express admiration for each other’s work, the Assassin’s Creed and Final Fantasy XV development teams have announced a collaboration that will result in the two franchises paying homage to each other’s gaming universes. The two teams marked the announcement with a piece of artwork unveiled at this year’s Gamescom that features Bayek from Assassin’s Creed Origins and Noctis from Final Fantasy XV. Attendees at the show also had opportunity to get the artwork signed by Ashraf Ismail, game director at Ubisoft Montreal, and Hajime Tabata, director of Final Fantasy XV.

However, eagle-eyed fans may want to go back and look at a Final Fantasy XV trailer from November of last year, the Assassin’s Creed Origins announcement trailer, and most recently, the Assassin’s Creed Origins Gamescom trailer to spot Easter eggs signaling the unofficial start of the references made between the two franchises.

“This collaboration is the result of being huge fans,” says Ismail. “There’s a lot of respect between the two teams and we couldn’t be more thrilled with the opportunity to pay homage to each other’s work.”

The collaboration kicks off on August 30, as Final Fantasy XV players who have obtained the Dream Egg from the Moogle Chocobo Carnival event will be gifted a very familiar Assassin outfit for Noctis. The very next day, August 31, will be the release of the free Assassin’s Festival DLC for Final Fantasy XV. The town of Lestallum will transform itself for the event with signs and banners signaling the arrival of the festival, and new activities will be available for players to participate in. It doesn’t end there. The Assassin’s Festival will have some additional themed items and features, including another outfit from Assassin’s Creed, along with abilities that enable Noctis to explore more like an Assassin and even use some of the Assassins’ more well-known abilities.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vn6Sy3Xx5Ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is mad

ClockShot
08-24-2017, 04:03 PM
As long as some Final Fantasy 15 stuff makes it into Creed Origins, I'm cool with it.

A.J.K
08-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Chapter 5 at level 43

Fignuts
08-27-2017, 04:20 PM
Cool that they're adding an in game beastiary. Thought the enemy design in this was top notch.

Ultra Mantis
01-16-2018, 09:51 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h32nuiorb_g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not sure if most / any of this stuff has been patched in to the vanilla game or not. I'd just like to play a version with all the story filled in.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-16-2018, 10:57 AM
A lot of that is new, it's almost like the game wasn't finished when they released it ha.

There's rumors of a second season pass on top of the royal edition too.