PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles possibly injured at SmackDown Taping/Out of Action

slik
04-13-2016, 01:52 AM
Yikes...

AJ Styles may have suffered an injury during a match with Alberto Del Rio at Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings in San Diego, according to fans in attendance.

Del Rio reportedly botched a move and Styles landed on his head, then finished the match with a roll-up. Styles left up the ramp and was holding his neck to the side while a ref threw an "X" sign up.

- wrestlinginc.com

Disturbed316
04-13-2016, 01:53 AM
Bye bye Del Rio :wave:

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-13-2016, 01:54 AM
fucking del rio

slik
04-13-2016, 01:59 AM
How many people will Del Rio have injured IF this turns out to be true?

Damian Rey 2.0
04-13-2016, 02:02 AM
Blame San Diego. My hometown is cursed. Edge blew out his ankle that one year at a house show here.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-13-2016, 02:34 AM
Guys, we're good. Someone in Dubai Tweeted about paying half a months salary to see him and was hoping he wasn't injured. AJ said he'll be there and ready to rock.
https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/status/720126187708751872

Shadrick
04-13-2016, 02:51 AM
half a months salary? so...one paycheck?

#BROKEN Hasney
04-13-2016, 02:53 AM
half a months salary? so...one paycheck?

No, half of one. They mostly get paid monthly over there like we do here in the UK.

Nicky Fives
04-13-2016, 10:27 AM
No, half of one. They mostly get paid monthly over there like we do here in the UK.

At my new job we get paid once a month as well, not very common in Canada as I'd never heard of it until this year.....

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2016, 10:43 AM
That sucks if true. Not Del Rio's fault probably. Dude is a tremendous wrestler. It's not like no one has broken their neck in an AJ Styles match.

If Styles is out, I hope they do some sort of injury angle to explain it. Whether it's a mystery beat-down or very simply have Owens revealed as the guy who did it to true and usurp the title shot, and run Reigns vs. Owens vs. Zayn. Or change the Jericho/Ambrose match to Reigns/Jericho/Ambrose.

Maluco
04-13-2016, 12:00 PM
They need to start rotating how often guys wrestle tbh, and also not have them half killing themselves multiple times a week by wrestling risky styles.

There are other ways to push stories along than just constant matches and suicide dives.

If something doesn't change the injury thing will be perpetual. It wasn't just a bad phase this year, it's a result of the nature of WWE today and how athletic and risky the matches are.

Corkscrewed
04-13-2016, 09:56 PM
Sounds like AJ's fine, but you think God's just trying to tell Vince F-U??

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2016, 03:31 AM
MSL brought up a good point on his podcast with Kevin Sullivan. He wasn't completely supporting the idea, but he was floating it out there that some steroid treatments -- if the substances aren't abused -- could really help guys' bodies recover better. It might also help with the aesthetics of guys like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Sami Zayn, and wash away some of their "normal guy" vibes.