PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Ryback taken off tv, unloads on tumblr about it!

slik
05-03-2016, 04:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Feed Me More - Today I sit and fly home and for the first time in years feel absolutely free. I will start... <a href="https://t.co/B8QMdPOUd6">https://t.co/B8QMdPOUd6</a></p>&mdash; The Big Guy (@Ryback22) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ryback22/status/727584621614006273">May 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Feed Me More

Today I sit and fly home and for the first time in years feel absolutely free. I will start by saying I did request to be taken off of WWE television until myself and Vince could get a yes or no on a new deal. This has been going on since my IC Title run and had been nothing but a major strain on my life as all I ever wanted to do was work for WWE. I was told to head home until we agree or not agree to specific terms and contrary to reports it isn’t over money or a bus that stuff was settled a while ago. It comes down to a major problem I have with not only WWE but wrestling in general.

Wrestling is pre determined, we as performers know before we go out to that ring or perform a backstage scene who is winning and losing etc or have a general idea of what we are going to say. It blows my mind how in a sport which is pre determined from a company standpoint winners are paid so much more than the losers. Every single person who works for WWE from top to bottom is absolutely just as valuable as the next. The winners cannot win unless the losers go out there and agree to lose to them.

It blows my mind that in this day and age though we still adhere to this formula. Obviously things have always been this way, but does that make them right? Times have changed and our goal as humans should be to evolve and learn from our past and the past of others so we could make this world a better place. Why is it a guy who is told he is going to go out and lose and does everything he is told be paid not only less, but much less than said winner over a period of time. Every single performer for WWE sacrifices the same amount of time from home and their families and every single man or women goes out and does what they are told. Looking at this formula though losers turn into what fans like to call jobbers and their value decreases in the companies eyes and before you know it they get released. For what? For doing exactly as they are told!

Why not pay the talent equally? The winners have more MERCH as it is or are supposed to anyways so they get that extra perk, but why make the guy who is told to and agrees to lose earn less and sacrifice spots in big pay per view match ups etc. This is one of the major problems with wrestling and WWE today. Most guys take great satisfaction in helping making other talent, the bitching and the moaning we always hear about stems from the fact they know they are ultimately over time going to make less and live in fear of being released.

I am proud to say I have never gone to change a finish and have gladly took pride in helping put over other talent. Hell look at my pay per view record of 12-26 and you will see that has been the pattern of my career. I have always been confident in my ability and work ethic to being my best every day and ultimately always felt that by doing good it was the right thing to do. Personally seeing my money go down over the years though even though I was working as much as ever and being denied magazine covers and other projects as well as watching my role diminish no matter what I did or how hard I tried takes its toll on a human. Being told no matter how hard I work or how good I get doesn’t always pay off is something I fucking refuse to ever believe in my life. I am a creative being and to be restricted time and time again is no way to live life. There is nothing I cannot do and I know no matter what comes of this situation I am going to be just fine. It isn’t soley about money, it is about commitment. Commitment to a guy who fucking cares and who loves this more than anything in the world and wants to know that his passion his efforts and his determination to constantly improve is going to be recognized and taken care of.

WWE may very well release me, which if it is the case so be it. If we can work things out a lot needs to change as I am not living in fear and creatively cannot continue to live a life that limits me creatively. I have many other interests and passions and have been very smart with my finances over the years. I thank every WWE superstar from top to bottom for their sacrifices and for working with me. The world is an amazing place and there is more than just a WWE universe there is The Universe and I will prove one way or another over time I am the greatest big guy in the universe!

MORE MEフィード

MORE ME fīdo

http://thebigguyryback22.tumblr.com/post/143803724226/feed-me-more

Big Vic
05-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Click bait. Ryback didn't type this this is just one of slik's "news" stories again.

Big Vic
05-03-2016, 04:38 PM
...contrary to reports it isn’t over money...Goes on to talk about money.

Big Vic
05-03-2016, 04:40 PM
He should go on colt cabana's podcast to complain.

Bad News Gertner
05-03-2016, 04:41 PM
I hope he comes back :(

slik
05-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Baron Corbin probably going to get The Ryback's spot. Gertner should prob start worshiping The Lone Wolf!

slik
05-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Ryback's such a lock for TNA they already owe him back pay.

Damian Rey 2.0
05-03-2016, 05:02 PM
I hope he quits. He was literally their next big star sitting in their hand and they blew it to the point of no return. His issues with money are of no interest to me. He seems like a talented enough guy and he's been there for over a decade. I hope they don't meet terms and he gets the chance to branch out elsewhere, maybe Japan, to recreate himself and put his money where his mouth is about creatively handcuffed.

Not to mention, he's practically useless for them, atm.

Maluco
05-03-2016, 05:31 PM
I feel like Ryback would be huge in Japan, much the same way that Vader was. They love their monster heels and Ryback is a talented and charismatic guy.

He may be hard-hitting and clumsy in the ring, but that could be refined in Japan. He could be over huge. Not to mention the fact that they don't mind a harder hit!

His argument is a bit confusing, because usually, the losers are deemed the least valuable by the company, but more wrestlers should have power over trademarks and the ability to protect their brand. They have no protection and no rights to their personas, and that, along with a lack of health insurance or any way to petition for change, is a bad combo

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 05:32 PM
I don't think it's so much feed me more money, but more the principle of hard work not being rewarded. Particularly due to the fact that you need good talent to properly get guys over.

#1-norm-fan
05-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Atta boy. Fuck this company.

Hanso Amore
05-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Come on now. The colons should not be paid the same as the new day. Even if it's predetermined people pay to see certain acts.

Go out, do your job, and try to negotiate the best deal,for yourself. Don't like it, go somewhere else.

This isn't a new thing and ryback to want the same money as everyone else is a joke.

Ratings won't change with him gone, but his value as a performer will drop without their platform.

Corkscrewed
05-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Goes on to talk about money.
...but he has a point, for the reason Dale explained.

Look at all the people in the company who clearly have a lot of talent but have been booked into losing roles, because that is what the company outlining as their job. That cycle is a way to unfairly hold down some people who have merit.

drave
05-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Entertainment is "not fair". This is known long before going into WWE. This is also the problem with WWE not having any legit competition.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Come on now. The colons should not be paid the same as the new day. Even if it's predetermined people pay to see certain acts.

Go out, do your job, and try to negotiate the best deal,for yourself. Don't like it, go somewhere else.

This isn't a new thing and ryback to want the same money as everyone else is a joke.

Ratings won't change with him gone, but his value as a performer will drop without their platform.

His argument holds weight in the sense that there's such a big disparity between the 2 pays. He's just saying "You want me to work hard and get better, when getting better has me working harder, getting paid less, fuck you"

Like any profession, these guys are allowed to feel under appreciated. It's not like he's refusing to do business. He requested he be sent home and was granted said request.

Wishbone
05-03-2016, 06:38 PM
This isn't even an issue of whether or not things are "fair" or if hard works doesn't pay off. Fact of the matter is Ryback was over as rover, and the dude would have been the company's next big star. His fall is 100% on WWE's stupid asses. WWE needs to get their shit together before this starts snowballing. Ryback leaving won't hurt them all that much, but it only takes one person standing up to start something big.

Bad News Gertner
05-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Baron Corbin probably going to get The Ryback's spot. Gertner should prob start worshiping The Lone Wolf!

The Lone Wolf is not The Big Guy. Fuck Baron Corbin.

Heath Slater is my only hope.

Evil Vito
05-03-2016, 07:01 PM
Ryback is 100% spot on with everything he said.

Evil Vito
05-03-2016, 07:02 PM
If/when he does leave WWE I'd like to see him form a new gaijin tag team with Elgin. They would fuck people up.

Ruien
05-03-2016, 07:19 PM
He has a right to be pissed. He got himself over more than anyone besides Bryan in the past 5 years on a face level. He got himself over a few times after that with the shitty ass booking. It amazes me Ryback is used in the capacity that he is. Whatever. We have Reigns so YEY! Fuckers.

#1-norm-fan
05-03-2016, 07:24 PM
They pushed him with the clear intent for him to be a star and he got over like an internet darling while having all the tools Vince creams himself over. Ridiculous.

harmsway
05-03-2016, 07:28 PM
This fucking guy. The irony of him taking his ball and going home after trolling people for the same thing like a 6 year old is laughable. So you aren't leaving about money,but over money? Got it. Nobody is making enough money at that company, and there are far more over people than you. How about looking in the mirror and seeing that your entrance sucks, your ring gear sucks, your catchphrase sucks, your workrate sucks. Not to mention you have injured more people than you have put over. Can you imagine why the machine doesn't want to invest in you?? I'll give him this,he has no talent but he has some big balls to write that sob story. But nw with him gone,once cm punk loses a few ufc fights the door is wide open for a cult of personality return

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Well he hasn't taken his ball and gone home. His request was granted. He did all the business that was asked of him.

harmsway
05-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Whether you give 2 weeks notice or walk oit, it's still quitting. Semantics

harmsway
05-03-2016, 07:33 PM
Also I will stipulate that he didn't take his ball and leave in the sense that he never had the ball to run with

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 07:34 PM
oh so you're not allowed to quit your job? lol

Emperor Smeat
05-03-2016, 07:34 PM
So Dave Meltzer said that Ryback had a meeting regarding a new contract (the current one is expiring in few months) with HHH or Vince. Ryback didn't like their offer, and apparently the discussion ended with Vince suggesting him going home. Unless there is a reconciliation, that's it. He is going to be paid for the rest of his contract. Dave said the CM Punk entrance and the "pre-show stopper" thing are signs that he is clearly not happy with his current situation. Meltzer said there are speculations of him going to NJPW, but they already have Michael Elgin, who has a very similar style.

Ryback was originally scheduled for Battle Royal on Raw.
From a recent Observer Radio episode about the situation.

harmsway
05-03-2016, 07:36 PM
oh so you're not allowed to quit your job? lol

Anyone is more than welcome to. But if you walk out in January and I make fun of you for it non stop, then I choose to quit for the same reason, I am asking to be mocked

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 07:37 PM
This fucking sucks. THE RYBACK was so over in 2012 but McMahon had to be a damn workrate sheep,,,,,THE RYBACK would have been huge, just listen to the crowd back then. Hopefully Vince McMahon dies soon but I'm afraid his idiot daughter and doofus son in law will be running the company so more of the same. THE RYBACK never even got an ice cream bar. Idiots.

Emperor Smeat
05-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Ryback's original push basically had the same problems as Reigns in the sense the WWE rushed it way too quickly but unlike Reigns, WWE didn't have any real long term plans for him in the main event. Rushed him into the WWE title feud after panicking when Cena got hurt and once Cena came back, quickly tossed him to the side. Him losing at Mania against Henry was really dumb and so was just being fed to Cena after Mania.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 07:41 PM
At least THE RYBACK was over. No one likes Reigns

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 07:44 PM
Anyone is more than welcome to. But if you walk out in January and I make fun of you for it non stop, then I choose to quit for the same reason, I am asking to be mocked

CM Punk also went out of his way to bury Ryback. And once again, Vince discussed it with him and they amicably decided to let Ryback go home until the business between them is sorted out.

Stickman
05-03-2016, 07:45 PM
This fucking guy. The irony of him taking his ball and going home after trolling people for the same thing like a 6 year old is laughable. So you aren't leaving about money,but over money? Got it. Nobody is making enough money at that company, and there are far more over people than you. How about looking in the mirror and seeing that your entrance sucks, your ring gear sucks, your catchphrase sucks, your workrate sucks. Not to mention you have injured more people than you have put over. Can you imagine why the machine doesn't want to invest in you?? I'll give him this,he has no talent but he has some big balls to write that sob story. But nw with him gone,once cm punk loses a few ufc fights the door is wide open for a cult of personality return

Agreed. He also talks about working hard...well who the fuck doesnt work hard in the wwe. Ziggler and zach ryder are way better than this douche and I am sure they work super hard. You don't see them complaining about their role. This meathead needs to know his role and shut his mouth.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 07:46 PM
THE RYBACK should go join CHW and beat the ever loving piss out of Nikky Chance.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Agreed. He also talks about working hard...well who the fuck doesnt work hard in the wwe. Ziggler and zach ryder are way better than this douche and I am sure they work super hard. You don't see them complaining about their role. This meathead needs to know his role and shut his mouth.

He is kind of speaking on behalf of those 2 is he not? He's not saying he's the only guy who goes out there and works hard. He's saying he's pissed off about being jobbed out, working hard to get better, and not seeing the fruits of his labour. Heaven forbid SOMEONE takes pride in what they are doing out there.

At the end of the day I think Ryback is a take him or leave him talent, and personally I can leave him. But the guy is allowed to express himself and back himself as a performer. It's pretty clear that he's never politicked or refused to job to anyone, so let the guy have his say.

Ruien
05-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Dale is preaching the truth in this thread. Also, lol at looking at him poorly because he was told to go home and he did that. How dare someone stand up for what they think they are worth.

Ruien
05-03-2016, 07:53 PM
I went to give my 2 week notice and my job told me I was not allowed to quit. Being treated like a slave and loving it.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 07:53 PM
https://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/8cedeb88b182d580e21f0ad921612775/6039%20-%20ryback%20smackdown%20wwe.png

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 07:54 PM
THE RYBACK was awesome and totally rad. People who didn't like him are workrate retards.

Lock Jaw
05-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Think Ryback is better than Roman Reigns in the ring, on the mic, and in "intangible charisma".... Pretty baffled at why he was never a main event star.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Yep

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 07:56 PM
But RYBACK isn't a member of that overrated family of Samoan shit heads

Ruien
05-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Shisen is giving his A game for Ryback today.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 08:06 PM
I've been a big fan of The RYBACK since he first came up. WWE are TERRORISTS for not pushing him.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Gonna quit watching the WWE until Smackdown to learn them a lesson

Theo Dious
05-03-2016, 08:20 PM
He's no Bobby Jaggers.

Emperor Smeat
05-03-2016, 08:20 PM
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Ryback is also supposedly in a big dispute regarding "The Big Guy" trademark.

He filed it before the WWE did by a few months but the WWE recently filed a motion to have it opposed and have it awarded to them instead.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 08:21 PM
He's no Bobby Jaggers.

No one is RIP

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 08:24 PM
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Ryback is also supposedly in a big dispute regarding "The Big Guy" trademark.

He filed it before the WWE did by a few months but the WWE recently filed a motion to have it opposed and have it awarded to them instead.

Are you fucking kidding me. What a bunch of assholes

Ruien
05-03-2016, 08:31 PM
How can they win it if he filed it first? Hope Ryback wins.

Lock Jaw
05-03-2016, 08:31 PM
What would the legal grounds be for getting it turned over to them..... "Hey, we want that"?

McLegend
05-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Good for him speaking his mind and trying to get what he think he is worth. He has an interesting viewpoint. Glad he's happy.

He is 100% wrong, but still good for him.

ron the dial
05-03-2016, 08:33 PM
good on ryback. i'm not a fan of his work, but i respect this.

Emperor Smeat
05-03-2016, 08:42 PM

If its anything like a few recent gaming cases, WWE probably claiming potential trademark confusion if he's allowed to own it and they have something similar in nature.

Either that or the idea of anything done while employed with a company belongs to the company and not the individual unless they gave him permission to own it.

KaosDarksol
05-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Good luck anywhere else where to sport is still scripted and you won't be getting anywhere near the pay you were getting.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Good luck anywhere else where to sport is still scripted and you won't be getting anywhere near the pay you were getting.

A lot of guys do better working the indies on their own schedule at their own convenience

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Plus he made it clear, he's been good with his money so it's more the principle of the payscale and what he's putting in vs what he's getting out of it.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 09:54 PM
When he signs with LOL TNA, he should be called THE RYBOCK--a paler, more hopped version generally made for consumption at spring festivals. BEER ME MORE!!

Damian Rey 2.0
05-03-2016, 10:02 PM
It's amazing to think how fucking got Ryback was when they pushed him, only to job him out to the SHIELD with no redemption, then to Mark Henry , then to Cena, then to Punk. They took a few months of a legitimately hot rocket launched push that the fans ate up and burned it into the ground less than a year later.

Droford
05-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Rybacks problem is CM Punk. He should go to UFC and be Punks first UFC fight

Hanso Amore
05-03-2016, 10:25 PM
The wwe should clearly get the trademark, it's their IP and their character. Harrison Ford couldn't own the rights to Han Solo.

I love how Ryback of all people, who has had a job pretty much a decade with the he wwe despite only being over for about 6 months, and whom was still green 8 years into his career when he feuded with punk, is now your darling.

One post and he's changed 75 years of wwwf, wwf, wwe pay scales and how wrestling pay works.

Now you all want to pay everyone the same,

I bet if someone suggested paying a McDonald's employee the same as whatever shit job you work, you would laugh at the idea.

But but but we all work hard and try to do the best and if we fail it's all managements fault

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 10:27 PM
You are inferring a lot from what we are saying... ah y'know what I'm not going to bother

Hanso Amore
05-03-2016, 10:29 PM
lets count it down

Shitty look with gear and Merch
Short height for his style compared to his peers
Great muscle look but crap functional strength compared to his peers
Below average work rate compared to peers
Below average mic skills compared to his peers
Weak move set compared to his peers
Stupid looking face
History of injuring co workers

It's all the Wwes fault no one cares about him. Meanwhile zach Ryder is still over like rover despite poor booking, but ryback, that's all on the wwe right?

Guys a joke and this whole argument is shit.

The wwe will pay what you are worth to them, nothing more. He's not drawing money, and this is a a business. Always has been always will be. Guys who put asses in seats get paid. If you aren't doing it, you don't. Booking aside, don't like it get a new deal elsewhere.

Hanso Amore
05-03-2016, 10:30 PM
can you imagine Brian Knobbs pulling this same shit and wanting to be paid more like hogan?

ron the dial
05-03-2016, 10:30 PM
i just said i respect him saying it, not that i agree with him.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-03-2016, 10:38 PM
What would the legal grounds be for getting it turned over to them..... "Hey, we want that"?

Legal grounds would be that "The Big Guy" and "Feed Me More" were created while Ryback was under WWE contract. Alot of places have contracts that if you create something while working for a company it is the company's property.

Don't write a movie script while bored at work. The company could own that movie script.

Ruien
05-03-2016, 10:39 PM
lets count it down

Stupid looking face

It's all the Wwes fault no one cares about him. Meanwhile zach Ryder is still over like rover despite poor booking, but ryback, that's all on the wwe right?

The wwe will pay what you are worth to them, nothing more. He's not drawing money, and this is a a business. Always has been always will be. Guys who put asses in seats get paid. If you aren't doing it, you don't. Booking aside, don't like it get a new deal elsewhere.

Ryback is like 1 of maybe 5 wrestlers to get a crowd to chant at his will. Even during his shitty booking.

Bad News Gertner
05-03-2016, 10:44 PM
That entire list is b.s

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Yeah but Hanso is edgey and cool

McLegend
05-03-2016, 10:58 PM
The whole everyone being paid the same is ridiculous, and that would never happen. Based on what Ryback is saying John Cena should be paid the same amount has someone like Zach Ryder or whoever? So John Cena should give up his mutil-multi million dollar contract so all wrestlers can be paid the same?

That's never going to happen.

Also if everyone was paid the same what would be the enticement to be the top guy? Merch sales aren't going to be enough.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 10:59 PM
He didn't say everyone should be paid the same

McLegend
05-03-2016, 11:03 PM
"Why not pay the talent equally?" Suggests that's what he is saying though.

I don't see any other way to interpret it... Unless I'm missing something.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-03-2016, 11:05 PM
I just took it as there's a huge disparity and pay and he wants it to be more even. I could be wrong. I just think he makes some good points. What's the use in doing your role well if you're just going to be stuck being a job guy and getting paid like shit?

slik
05-03-2016, 11:06 PM
I remember being kanefused when Ryback lost clean to Mark Henry at WrestleMania

McLegend
05-03-2016, 11:13 PM
But there is in every place people work. Also the honesty of life is not everyone is as valuable as the next guy.

It sounds more to me that this is some sort of a creative issue( i.e. How he is/was being used) masked as a money issue?

Also I'm sure there is plenty of jobbers who have made a good living in their career.

Vastardikai
05-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Legal grounds would be that "The Big Guy" and "Feed Me More" were created while Ryback was under WWE contract. Alot of places have contracts that if you create something while working for a company it is the company's property.

Don't write a movie script while bored at work. The company could own that movie script.

Then that goes into the employee vs. independent contractor argument. And is that REALLY a can of worms WWE wants opened?

Hanso Amore
05-03-2016, 11:21 PM
I just took it as there's a huge disparity and pay and he wants it to be more even. I could be wrong. I just think he makes some good points. What's the use in doing your role well if you're just going to be stuck being a job guy and getting paid like shit?

The point is doing the job you signed a contract to do.

Hanso Amore
05-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Yeah but Hanso is edgey and cool

Yes, not agreeing with you or thinking hiGhly of ryback so so edgy and cool.

Hanso Amore
05-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Ryback is like 1 of maybe 5 wrestlers to get a crowd to chant at his will. Even during his shitty booking.

Like R Truth? Or swagger?

You are confusing getting people to join in a chant as being a draw or being over

Plenty of shit acts can get the crowd involved for the sake of being part of a chant

#1-norm-fan
05-03-2016, 11:32 PM
Just gonna leave this here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wOy6b6X9lws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 11:44 PM
Like R Truth? Or swagger?

You are confusing getting people to join in a chant as being a draw or being over

Plenty of shit acts can get the crowd involved for the sake of being part of a chant

Yeah like Daniel Bryan. He was only over bc of the YES! and NO! chants.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 11:45 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/807/045/3eb.jpg

Just look at him...THE RYBACK had muscles on muscles and XBOX knows whats up

Tom Guycott
05-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Ryback's such a lock for TNA they already owe him back pay.

For some reason, I couldn't leave rep. Requoting in lieu of it.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 11:47 PM
"OMG what's RACK-BY doing on the whatever the hell lol TNA's show is called"

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 11:48 PM
I feel so sad about this. This is like when Eddie died. :(

evanbrown
05-03-2016, 11:48 PM
I am just glad Roman Reigns and John Cena are staying! I would be devastated if my favorite wrestlers left!!!!!

Poit
05-03-2016, 11:49 PM
Just gonna leave this here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wOy6b6X9lws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, hey. I was at that show. Tb1 got us front row tickets.

Shisen Kopf
05-03-2016, 11:56 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mXLJf5V1ZKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

harmsway
05-04-2016, 12:02 AM
lets count it down

Stupid looking face

Say it again for the cheap seats!!! This dude gets its

Lock Jaw
05-04-2016, 12:03 AM
http://wrestlingrumors.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Ryback-Paul-Heyman-proposal.png

Fignuts
05-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Good riddance. Not enough WORKRATE

DAMN iNATOR
05-04-2016, 01:19 AM
When he signs with LOL TNA, he should be called THE RYBOCK--a paler, more hopped version generally made for consumption at spring festivals. BEER ME MORE!!

Or he could have a gimmick of going to a different 7-Eleven every week and getting a Slurpee...they could dub him "The Big Gulp".

drave
05-04-2016, 01:21 AM
You're awful.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-04-2016, 01:38 AM
That's a shame. He just had 2 matches I really liked and I was beginning to come around on him.

The Rogerer
05-04-2016, 02:35 AM
The point is doing the job you signed a contract to do.Fascist

Ryback's looking out for the little guy is probably a little disingenuous considering it was his cosmic dream to get to the top of the card, and now he needs a story as to why he '"'mutually'"' went home. Unfortunately wrestling fans proved after Punk left that many of them are like Hanso here and really really love corporate authority so would eat him alive for any sign that he might quit. So now its a crusade

Nicky Fives
05-04-2016, 08:19 AM
I can't say I'll miss seeing him on TV....He's absolutely right in the majority of what he is saying, but I think he's over-estimating the amount of popularity he has... I don't imagine there will be any Ryback chants a la the "CM Punk" chants we hear every show in the big markets.....

However, to be fair to him as a performer, he wasn't exactly given the best of opportunities creatively to reach that level either.... He had his 3 months on top versus Punk, then the writers seemed to give up on him....Same as Zack Ryder....

Big Vic
05-04-2016, 08:36 AM
If its anything like a few recent gaming cases, WWE probably claiming potential trademark confusion if he's allowed to own it and they have something similar in nature.

Either that or the idea of anything done while employed with a company belongs to the company and not the individual unless they gave him permission to own it.
He's not an employee of the company he is an independent contractor.

Tom Guycott
05-04-2016, 08:38 AM
I can't say I'll miss seeing him on TV....He's absolutely right in the majority of what he is saying, but I think he's over-estimating the amount of popularity he has... I don't imagine there will be any Ryback chants a la the "CM Punk" chants we here every show in the big markets.....

You mean Goldberg chants.

BigCrippyZ
05-04-2016, 11:43 AM

To acquire ownership of a trademark, it is not enough to have invented the mark first or even to have registered it first; the party claiming ownership must have been the first to actually use the mark in commerce.

Evil Vito
05-04-2016, 12:03 PM
I want this whole thing to end up just being Ryback next-level trolling CM Punk

Evil Vito
05-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Then he can bump it up another level by debuting in UFC before Punk does

Big Vic
05-04-2016, 12:18 PM
That would be cool, but I think it would be cooler if it was legit and than Kalisto starts trolling Ryback fans by saying "Dame mas comida"

</pre>

Simple Fan
05-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Couldn't care either way if he stays or goes. He's better off staying as I don't imagine he'd be able to use the Ryback name anywhere else. Don't feel like Ryan Reeves would be a big draw for small promotions with out the Ryback gimmick but I could be wrong. Maybe that what the trademark issue is about, he wants to leave and be The Big Guy Ryan Reeves and retain some of that character.

Big Vic
05-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Ryan Reeves is like a super hero name.

Evil Vito
05-04-2016, 12:28 PM
But yeah I'm definitely on Team Ryback here. I get what he is saying. I don't think he's actually saying he needs to make the same amount of money as, say, Brock Lesnar over the course of the year. That would be absurd. He doesn't seem to be against the idea of downsides or guarantees.

If you need to guarantee Brock $5 million to secure him for a year, great. But when it comes to the payout for a specific match, why should he get more? He's already got a significantly higher guarantee and, as he will win most of his matches, he'll get a lot more merch money than someone who loses constantly.

Big Vic
05-04-2016, 12:33 PM
I hope those jobbers Ryback was beating for 3 months straight were paid the same as him.

Simple Fan
05-04-2016, 12:37 PM
The wrestlers really need a union to take care of shit like this. Hell might even please some shareholders were a union to be formed.

Big Vic
05-04-2016, 12:37 PM
I agree, for their health reasons.

Evil Vito
05-04-2016, 12:43 PM
I hope those jobbers Ryback was beating for 3 months straight were paid the same as him.

Even if they were, why would that even bother him? He'd still have the guaranteed portion of his contract and would have another match the next night in the next day. Why would he care what the wrestling equivalent of a day laborer made that one night?

Big Vic
05-04-2016, 01:02 PM
I dunno, Ryback said this isn't about money so why are we talking about it?

Maluco
05-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Anyone with a 12-26 PPV record has an uphill struggle to get over, I don't care who you are.

Zack Ryder is a charity case at this stage, and his support comes from sympathy.

A "monster", the Ryback that debuted, if he had been running through people like Reigns is now, would be over and would be making big money.

Maluco
05-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Also he clearly suggested that base pay should be the same, but that merchandise and the like could separate the top guys.

I think his problem is that there are no guarantees for those that lose. They lose, they lose, their stock drops, and they are released.

Big Vic
05-04-2016, 02:12 PM
The absolute dumbest thing that the WWE did with RyBack was have his feud with CM Punk continue after the HAIC match.

harmsway
05-04-2016, 03:28 PM
In what aspect did ryback improve from his debut? Had his ring work gotten better?had his mic skills? Had his stupid catchphrase gotten better? The only thing that elevated in the last couple of years was his immaturity.

This guy was jobbed out because the company saw he didn't draw

Emperor Smeat
05-04-2016, 03:28 PM
In regards to money, seems like Ryback is arguing for something similar to a real league minimum done in sports. Not just everyone gets an equal amount for a base salary but everything the WWE makes wrestlers cover on their own is included.

For some comparisons, NXT base salaries are around the $25k range but WWE covers everything to ensure its a comfortable amount. On the main roster, the base salary is a lot larger but huge chunks are eaten away by travel, room, and food expenses since the WWE covers very little. Hurts the lower tier wrestlers a lot more than the upper mid and top tier stars.

Combine that with house shows and merch being the bulk of money earned by most wrestlers, makes sense why someone like a Ryback or an Adam Rose would be upset whenever things that are hurting their potential money if happening. Rose lashed out because his punishment is taking away valuable house show money while Ryback lashed out because his merch sales have been dropping while the WWE has been devaluing his potential star value.

XL
05-04-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm not a fan of Ryback but he has some points.

The idea that "only the best get over" isn't necessarily true; look at Reigns, he's been positioned as a big star despite his many flaws as a performer. Is he any better than Ryback at anything in particular? Or has he been presented/booked/positioned in a way that puts him a level above Ryback?

harmsway
05-04-2016, 03:45 PM
So in other words punk 2 years ago said, the system is broken. The machine is too big and you can't fix it because stubborn people who don't give a shit about a spoke on the wheel run the machine. So you might as well throw your hands up and remove yourself from the situation if you can't fix it.

Now ryback is saying......oh yeah the same thing

Black Widow
05-04-2016, 04:28 PM
I guess he's Ryback where he started from.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-04-2016, 05:18 PM
I guess he's Ryback where he started from.

:lol:

Bad News Gertner
05-04-2016, 05:21 PM
In what aspect did ryback improve from his debut? Had his ring work gotten better?had his mic skills? Had his stupid catchphrase gotten better? The only thing that elevated in the last couple of years was his immaturity.

This guy was jobbed out because the company saw he didn't draw

He is much better in the ring and much better on the mic. Plus he has way more presence

KIRA
05-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Ryback owns Reigns in every category

Stickman
05-04-2016, 06:27 PM
He is much better in the ring and much better on the mic. Plus he has way more presence

He is still awkward and clunky when he moves and seems to struggle doing power moves. He seems very stiff in his movements and I wouldn't be surprised if he serously injures someone.

Bad News Gertner
05-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Like the IWC love child A.J Styles has numerous times?

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Gertner, you are part of the IWC, don't be a retard. You wouldn't be such a rabid wrestling historian (incredibly knowledgable at that) if it wasn't for the internet.

Now if your problem is withneckbeard smarky virgins like Harmsway, then go ahead, but when you bitch about the IWC you're bitching about yourself.

harmsway
05-04-2016, 07:41 PM
I can just imagine Greg valentine going into vince's office in 88 and saying I've been consistently dull and stagnant this whole contract, let's re up me for lots more because I jobbed without pouting for a yeae

harmsway
05-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Don't lump me in dastardly dale, styles couldn't promo himself out a wet paper bag. And I shaved this morning. You're still gorgeous to me

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-04-2016, 07:45 PM
lol alright we're cool. I love me some AJ though

harmsway
05-04-2016, 07:54 PM
His matches are i'ight. But he's still a vanilla midget to me

Ruien
05-04-2016, 07:58 PM
AJ is a fucking besst. Who do you like?

Stickman
05-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Like the IWC love child A.J Styles has numerous times?

AJ is not projecting a big strong guy persona.

Bad News Gertner
05-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Gertner, you are part of the IWC, don't be a retard. You wouldn't be such a rabid wrestling historian (incredibly knowledgable at that) if it wasn't for the internet.

Now if your problem is withneckbeard smarky virgins like Harmsway, then go ahead, but when you bitch about the IWC you're bitching about yourself.

Lol has Styles not almost paralyzed people with the Styles Clash or am I wrong?

Bad News Gertner
05-04-2016, 08:00 PM
And Harmsway is my boy

Bad News Gertner
05-04-2016, 08:01 PM
AJ is not projecting a big strong guy persona.

What are you talking about? I was referring to you he's going to seriously injure somebody" comment.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Lol has Styles not almost paralyzed people with the Styles Clash or am I wrong?

That's not what I'm talking about. Won't argue with you on that, he definitely has brutally injured people. So has Samoa Joe.

Bad News Gertner
05-04-2016, 08:08 PM
I'm just saying. The IWC constantly says "Ryback injures people" when he's FAR from the only one. It's such a silly thing to keep bringing up.

harmsway
05-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Who do you like?

All my favorite wrestlers are dead

Locke
05-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Goes on to talk about money.
Sounds like it's more over an unfair policy and the top brass's refusal to change it

harmsway
05-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Why would the brass change? What benefit does the brass get to give a complainer more money or power?

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm just saying. The IWC constantly says "Ryback injures people" when he's FAR from the only one. It's such a silly thing to keep bringing up.

Ryback detractors say this, not the entirety of the IWC. "The IWC" generalization is a cop out from having an actual conversation. You are probably one of the smartest fans on the forum (minus your Rick Rude death source) so I don't see why you have to revert to the generic troll tactics.

There are lots of different kinds of fans on the internet now, not just workrate marks. I think the singling out "internet darlings" trying to ignite a reaction from neckbeards is kind of a tired act, don't you?

Can't think of Ryback injuring anyone recently, but it was an issue when he came in. Shouldn't be something that holds him back to this day. But in all fairness when he got a bit of shine heading into his Kalisto match at Mania, he was fucking flat. But in his defence, there was no reason for anyone to give half a fuck about him with the way he had been treated. The way his promos were scripted did not exactly highlight his strengths, another problem with the writing. Not to say I haven't seen glimmers of hope and some great timing and charisma along the way.

Simple Fan
05-04-2016, 09:35 PM
All my favorite wrestlers are dead

Hall's not dead. Or do you just like his catchphrase.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Fucking love the bad guy

Vastardikai
05-04-2016, 09:59 PM
He was a victim of the John Cena uber alles booking. There was a reason why they put him in a position he wasn't ready for: no one else was booked in a position to be a viable and believable threat to top heel Punk.

If he had instead feuded with Miz (which was the original plan), he would have likely ended up as WWE Champion six months to a year down the road and would currently be the Top Draw in the company.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Cena/Hogan effect

harmsway
05-05-2016, 01:45 AM
Lost in all of this is Ryan reeves is a 34 year old grown fucking man, get off Tumblr ffs

Hanso Amore
05-05-2016, 03:55 AM

You know, the difference being that styles hurt people when they take a bump wrong, ryback does it through sheer sloppiness.

It's a fair statement. He has developed that reputation fairly.

Fignuts
05-05-2016, 04:13 AM
I thought all the injuries from the styles clash were the other guy's fault.