PDA

View Full Version : (Noid Post) How I would introduce Nakamura

Vastardikai
05-11-2016, 11:09 AM
... or I wish WWE actually had good announcers.

Cena does his big return on Memorial Day. Commentators play him up as the Best Wrestler in WWE History. He goes through his usual routine and what not. Out comes Heyman and Lesnar. Heyman goes over how Lesnar is gonna destroy him for good this time.

The lights go dark. "Rising Sun" blasts over the PA. Nakamura appears on the rampway to a reaction that is very vocal among the hardcore nerd base. As he walks down the aisle, most of the fans have no idea what to make of him, neither does Cole or Braxton. JBL refers to him as the "Biggest Star to come out of Japan."

Heyman talks up Nakamura. Talking about him being the "King of Strong Style." He then says, there's one thing he isn't: a Beast. Nakamura looks at Heyman, smiles, then gets right into Lesnar's face, shocking the audience. There's a bit of a tense stand off. Then Lesnar actually backs up. Commentators are like "I've never seen anyone actually scare Brock Lesnar, and he's faced the Undertaker!" and "What does this say about Shinsuke Nakamura?"

Lesnar leaves the ring, visibly concerned about the presence of Nakamura. Heyman, his eyes wide, leaves the ring, dropping the mic on his way out. Nakamura, back to smiling with his mouth guard in. Grabs the mic. He looks at it for a moment, then at the audience...

"YEAOUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

A bit of a pop.

"I've face the best the world has ever seen. And I've beaten the best in the world. I've heard talk that, in the WWE, there's none better than John Cena. So, now I have a challenge. What do you say, John?"

A pause, JBL playing up "The Best of Japan vs. The Best in WWE History!"

Cena replies, "Not many people have heard about you, around here. I have. My good buddy Daniel Bryan wanted to face you, because he knew there was no one like you in this business. I heard that no one hits harder. Well, I hit plenty hard myself. So if you want some... COME GET SOME!!!"

Why I say I wish WWE had better announcers? Because there's no way in hell that Cole et al. could sell the idea of Lesnar seeing a man and being afraid of him. They can't manage basic storytelling most of the time.

Thoughts?

Nicky Fives
05-11-2016, 11:44 AM
The casual fans won't buy Lesnar being scared of a guy who is more than 50 pounds lighter than him, no matter who he is....it's a bit of a risk and its far from a terrible idea and it would likely be far superior than what the writers would come up with....

Vastardikai
05-11-2016, 06:59 PM
I honestly think it would make for an interesting twist.

Because what kind of person would you have to be if you could scare Brock Lesnar? He's a beast of a human being. He ended the Streak. He destroyed John Cena. He is the mayor of Suplex City. He got into it with the entire Wyatt Family. And just Nakamura's presence unsettles him? That alone would speak volumes.

I'd even lay the money down to bring Kurt Angle in for one segment. Basically, he asks Cena if he's sure about facing Nakamura. He faced Nakamura before and he'd rather go to the Olympics with a broken freakin' neck again that step back in the ring with him.

Then, you add Sheamus. He would "I don't know where you come from. I don't know who you are. You might have been a big deal in Japan, but this is the big leagues, fella. You want to prove yourself? Get in the ring with me." And Sheamus becomes the person who gets the first taste.

Simple Fan
05-11-2016, 07:06 PM
The casual fans won't buy Lesnar being scared of a guy who is more than 50 pounds lighter than him, no matter who he is....it's a bit of a risk and its far from a terrible idea and it would likely be far superior than what the writers would come up with....

I don't think hardcore fans would buy it. Brock has wrestled Nakamura before and beat him. I could buy Brock being shocked but not scared.

Vastardikai
05-11-2016, 10:55 PM
I was going to bring that one up. Have a segment where Heyman was like "you have faced him before and you beat him. Why are you afraid?"

Lesnar replies, "Because I know what it takes to beat him."

Bad News Gertner
05-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Nakamura should reform Kaientai with Funaki.

Shisen Kopf
05-11-2016, 11:04 PM
The Japanese guy better spit out the green mist like Muta and Tajiri or what's the point of bringing him in?

Bad News Gertner
05-11-2016, 11:09 PM
He should defeat his opponents with math equations

Bad News Gertner
He can't speak English so he'll never get a shot which I agree with.

Ol Dirty Dastard
Nakamura should reform Kaientai with Funaki.

You jest as thought it won't happen

Bad News Gertner
05-11-2016, 11:11 PM
It'd be the only way I'd watch him

Simple Fan
05-11-2016, 11:47 PM
He can't speak English so he'll never get a shot which I agree with.

He can speak english.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-12-2016, 12:02 AM
Gerty thinks Ryback is a top tier level talent and that Rick Rude died of cancer, I wouldn't bother arguing with him too much.

Damian Rey 2.0
05-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Lol Gerty is usually spot on. Poor guy fucks up once and now he can't shake it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-12-2016, 12:57 AM
In all fairness... it's literally ONLY me who brings it up :lol:

Damian Rey 2.0
05-12-2016, 02:30 AM
NONETHELESS, DALE! NONE THE FUCKING LESS!

Bad News Gertner
05-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Broken English. Me so sawry John Cerah

Destor
05-12-2016, 12:16 PM
So...you want to take the one guy who the audience believes is a bad ass...and have him run?

This is good only if you're done with Lesnar.

Heisenberg
05-12-2016, 01:17 PM
They need to book him as the real Liu Kang who is coming to conquer Brock Lesnar and be King of the WWE

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Broken English. Me so sawry John Cerah

Lmao

Innovator
05-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Or he can come out and knee dudes in the face.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Nope he has to be able to sing,, dance, home invade, drop people from forklifts, and say sutherinsukkatash etc.

drave
05-12-2016, 01:39 PM
They need to book him as the real Liu Kang who is coming to conquer Brock Lesnar and be King of the WWE

WTB a bicycle kick off the top rope

Mr. Nerfect
05-14-2016, 01:58 PM
I like the idea of the Hawaii match against John Cena. You can have Nakamura work the odd house show (the ones that you put on the Network) and he can just collect some wins. He debuts in WWE canon around the Royal Rumble and wrestles someone at the PPV who doesn't make it into the match. His debut is interesting enough. He then faces Sami Zayn at Fastlane to decide who is the #1 Contender for a belt held by Kevin Owens. I'd have preferred it to be the US Title, but I can live with it being the IC Title. Nakamura wins that match and gets the Owens match, Zayn can't hack another loss, so he gets in Cesaro's face (he holds the other belt, or they could be unified at this point, whatever) because Cesaro beat Owens for the title.

So basically, Owens wins the IC Title, Zayn can't beat Owens, Cesaro does, Owens rebounds with a US Title victory, Nakamura earns Owens match, Zayn tries to prove that he can beat the guy that beat the guy he wants to beat.